Steve Rogers vs Clark Kent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cap'n Happy
While stroling through the park (Central) one day, Clark Kent comes across a nut on a soap-box, spouting a bunch of neo-nazi, anti american propaganda. 'Someone needs to put this creep in his place, and speak up for the Red White and Blue', Clark decides, and heads for the podium. As he does, another man beats him to it; a crew-cut and square jawed boy scout of a man- Steve Rogers.

"Please excuse me," Rogers says, "After you."
"Oh, not at all," Kent replies, "After you. You were here first."
"Please," Rogers answers, smiling, "I insist sir, you go first."

And on it goes. The question is, which of these two paragons of American virtue will give the best speach in favor of democracy... Steve Rogers, or Clark Kent?

Mindset
Clark Kent is an illegal alien.

severance
American democracy - oxymoron

Mindset
Shut up commie

Master-Borg
clark kent will give the better speech

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by severance
American democracy - oxymoron

It hasn't been a good few years for us (us, U.S.- get it?) I will admit. On the other hand... don't you guys still have a royal family? Plenty of morons there, oxy and otherwise. By the way, how did that whole 'being saved from nazi Germany' thing work out for you guy? You're welcome!

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Cap'n Happy
It hasn't been a good few years for us (us, U.S.- get it?) I will admit. On the other hand... don't you guys still have a royal family? Plenty of morons there, oxy and otherwise. laughing are you a former poster under a different name?

severance
Originally posted by Mindset
Shut up commie

ok j edgar!

war

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by Master-Borg
laughing are you a former poster under a different name?

Nope. Started posting here a few days ago.

severance
It hasn't been a good few years for us (us, U.S.- get it?) I will admit. On the other hand... don't you guys still have a royal family? Plenty of morons there, oxy and otherwise. By the way, how did that whole 'being saved from nazi Germany' thing work out for you guy? You're welcome!

being saved from the nazis by people who joined the war late. - land of the brave my arse. byt the way we saved our own arses Battle of Britain after we won that Hitler decided to take on something easier like say Russia

blow

Master-Borg
being saved from the nazis by people who joined the war late. - land of the brave my arse. byt the way we saved our own arses Battle of Britain after we won that Hitler decided to take on something easier like say Russia

blow dood, the US saved Britain and the rest of Europe from the terror of Hitler and later helped rebuild Europe's economy. smile

severance
Originally posted by Master-Borg
dood, the US saved Britain and the rest of Europe from the terror of Hitler and later helped rebuild Europe's economy. smile

My friend it was the Russians who ripped the guts outta the German army. The US turned up to mop up the pieces after we'd already been fighting the war acouple of years.

However I will concede your point about the rebuilding the European economy. You could have helped out your old pals the Brits a bit more instead of making West Germany and France so strong!

pissed

Inhuman
Clark Kent would give the better speech.
Before Steve could utter a word he would be hurled into the sun.

severance
Back to the original question I should imagine Steve because he has a better writer!! (little dig at DC there - did you spot it)

Cap'n Happy
Ok- we can all agree, Nazi are bad! The QUESTION... who can give the best speech in this scenario, Steve or Clark?
And to the guy who thinks Superman is an illegal alien- wrong. Funny, but wrong- he was made a naturalized citizen long ago- in fact, the United Nations declared him an honorary citizen of all nations.

severance
i take it you'd vote for Rogers CapnHappy?

Darth Martin
This is tough. Whenever Cap speaks in the Marvel Universe everyone listens. Whenever Supes speaks in the DC Universe everyone listens. I bet Superman is more popular but Cap is a former war hero. Tough to call.

Cap'n Happy
i take it you'd vote for Rogers CapnHappy?

I do. Clark would probably write the more eloquent words (it IS what he does, after all), but few people can speechify better than Cap (he's no Churchill, but he's good).
By the way, after the speech, Rogers and Kent proceed to kick the nazi's 'arse' all the way to Hoboken.

Mr. Slippyfist
Cap would go to do the speech, and someone would go all 187 on his ass... again.

severance
I do. Clark would probably write the more eloquent words (it IS what he does, after all), but few people can speechify better than Cap (he's no Churchill, but he's good).
By the way, after the speech, Rogers and Kent proceed to kick the nazi's 'arse' all the way to Hoboken.

I'd go with Cap he's more of a hero to me because he's human and way more vulnerable yet always overcomes the odds (in fact he should be British!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.