Prom Night (2008)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809846738/info

Kram3r
Greeeeeat.

Healing Artisan
what the duce

HueyFreeman
great ruin another one

Cory Chaos
Eh..no Leslie Nielsen, no sale, lol.

MildPossession
It looks absolute crap. I can't see them doing the dance scene in the remake... that was just classic.

steverules
Whats the dance scene?

MildPossession
You haven't seen the original then...

Micheal_Myers
Dear god, they are remaking one of the worst slashers I have ever seen.Another shitty remake is on it's way. Post your thoughts here.

steverules
No...I want to, just haven't found the time to get it

steverules
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f58/t475994.html

sorry dude I got there before you wink

Neo Darkhalen
Why are there two threads on the same thing. erm

Micheal_Myers
Okay, sorry, get this one closed. I should have searched...damn....lol...

Micheal_Myers
Stupid. I hated the original....I'm going to avoid this one.

Impediment
I'll go ahead and merge.

steverules
I will watch the original...if it is any good

NormaBates
The original sucked bigtime! It can use a remake!

steverules
Wasn't JLC (Jamie Lee Curtis) in the original?

MildPossession
Yes, and it's worth the watch.

steverules
So it's good?

MildPossession
It's not a classic slasher in the realm of Halloween type, but it's one to see if you are a fan of slasher movies.

whatsyourname
i saw prom night yesterday, it was so terrible i ended up walking out after the first kill, they didnt even show any blood!!!!! whats going on with the horror genre, lately its been suffering in my opinion, but there is a new horror flick coming out called the ground house, i have a strong interest in this upcoming horror movie because its being filmed locally ( philly and nj)and i met some of the cast at a horror convention, the movies looks pretty interesting, and i heard tony todd is in it!!! i loved him in all the candyman movies! so there is still hope!!!

MildPossession
I've seen the original. The remake looks terrible.

Röland
My friend saw it with his girlfriend and said it was one of the worst movies he's ever seen.

steverules
The problem is hollywood is running out of good idea's for horror movies and so now they make remakes only the remakes aren't always as good as the originals...like for instance I loved the remake of the hills have eyes but I didn't like the remake of halloween. And yet some how these remakes are actually making money and getting into the no.1 spot in the box office.

Magic_attack
Originally posted by steverules
The problem is hollywood is running out of good idea's for horror movies and so now they make remakes only the remakes aren't always as good as the originals...like for instance I loved the remake of the hills have eyes but I didn't like the remake of halloween. And yet some how these remakes are actually making money and getting into the no.1 spot in the box office.

So is your solution to end the thought of all remakes? You say that remakes are a problem, but you enjoyed Hills have Eyes. You dont think that remakes should make movie companies money or be in the number 1 spot at the box office? Why not?

One of the main reasons the remakes are made are usually financially. The original, generally, had a good fan base that will most definitely see a newmovie in theaters. More attendance equals more money for the movie companies.

I don't see a problem with remakes. Think of the movies we wouldn't have been able to watch if there were no remakes.

Ocean's Eleven
Hills have Eyes
Scarface
Dawn of the Dead

I know they are not all horror, but those were just off the top of my head. They were all remakes that were very well done and based on an equally impressive movie. So don't blame the thought of remakes just because you didn't like a few movies.

Back to the topic of the thread. I haven't seen the remake of Prom Night. I probably will, but I doubt it will be as good as the original. Although I hope to be surprised.

Selphie
Didn't see the original, but there literally was no point to this movie.

It.........it was just dumb. I don't even want to get into how shitty it was.

steverules
Originally posted by Magic_attack
So is your solution to end the thought of all remakes? You say that remakes are a problem, but you enjoyed Hills have Eyes. You dont think that remakes should make movie companies money or be in the number 1 spot at the box office? Why not?

One of the main reasons the remakes are made are usually financially. The original, generally, had a good fan base that will most definitely see a newmovie in theaters. More attendance equals more money for the movie companies.

I don't see a problem with remakes. Think of the movies we wouldn't have been able to watch if there were no remakes.

Ocean's Eleven
Hills have Eyes
Scarface
Dawn of the Dead

I know they are not all horror, but those were just off the top of my head. They were all remakes that were very well done and based on an equally impressive movie. So don't blame the thought of remakes just because you didn't like a few movies.

Back to the topic of the thread. I haven't seen the remake of Prom Night. I probably will, but I doubt it will be as good as the original. Although I hope to be surprised.

Hey I didn't say all remakes are bad...but most of them are, yes we get the odd few good ones but some these remakes are terrible and even you can't deny that

MildPossession
Selphie, was the killer the lead's brother like in the original, or did they change it.

Don't highlight Selphie if you want to see the original just incase they have changed it in the remake.

Dr. Leg Lock
my sister watched it with her friends. she said it was more of a sad film than a horror.

Kazenji
Yea i've heard its a crap film just like the original if thats what they were going for they succeded.

MildPossession
Original isn't that bad, has its moments for a slasher movie. One of the memorable slashers imo.

Micheal_Myers
I thought the original was terrible. So I avoided this one. I heard from a buddy that this one was worse.

ragesRemorse
I agree, the original was bad enough, why try to modernize with come hip lingo?

BruceSkywalker
I'm glad I know someone over at Sony Pictures. This was horrible.

papabeard
I thought the original was ok and like MP said one of the more memorable slashers, it was trying to be more of a mystery or a thriller so introduced those elements to the genre and it had decent production values and atmsophere for a low budget film of this type, that said it wasnt great and for me is one of the 2nd tier slashers, the problem with these remakes is they remove what made the films good in the first place, because they dont understand what it is and they want to get a pg13 or low rating so they can get the young kids in so they neuter the films, but they make the money in the opening week so they dont care if the films are any good.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Magic_attack

Ocean's Eleven
Hills have Eyes
Scarface
Dawn of the Dead

There has never been a remake of Scarface. I think Al Pacino will outclass any actor that might attempt to remake the character. Big shoes to fill.

I would agree with Ocean's 11 only. 'Hills' and 'Dawn" are always on cable around Halloween time.

Originally posted by papabeard
they want to get a pg13 or low rating so they can get the young kids in so they neuter the films, but they make the money in the opening week so they dont care if the films are any good.

I think thats the problem right there. Horror movies should be rated R. They tone down movies a lot to make them PG-13. I avoid PG-13 horror movies like a plague.

Combat_Guru
The problems with horror movies is that their current writers are clowns.

Their mostly obese idiots with little experience and no strength, or piece of mind. Their not inspired, they haven't seen the ugly side of life, they grew up sheltered.

The good movies came from writers who had stories to tell.

Impediment
Merging. Again.

Magic_attack
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
There has never been a remake of Scarface. I think Al Pacino will outclass any actor that might attempt to remake the character. Big shoes to fill.

There has been a remake of Scarface. The movie that you are referring to IS the remake. Hence the reason it was listed.

Here-

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0023427/ (original)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086250/ (remake)

MildPossession
They might be thinking of Howard Hawk's Scarface from the 30s, the 80s Scarface is actually based on the Hawks film.

Magic_attack
Originally posted by MildPossession
They might be thinking of Howard Hawk's Scarface from the 30s, the 80s Scarface is actually based on the Hawks film.

Exactly. smile

Darth Vicious
Damn u guys went wayyy back to the 30's?! First time Ive heard of that version.

MildPossession
Way back yes, at least they didn't remake a film a year old...

bluewebdev
Really I thought prom night would of sucked.. sounded like one of them cheesy teenager chasing - stupid girl walks into monster or bad man type of movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.