Not that hairy...Or quite scary

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
Didn't you find it odd that Vader/Anakin had no beard or hair besides his eyebrows in ESB/ROTJ?I mean why didn't he?I think it would have been cool and kind of scary to see Luke take off his hairy father's mask so it would be a scene like the one in The Man In The Iron Mask.Did he shave it off or something?

Darth Daft
I always wondered that too. I mean, if he had eyebrows then he should have other facial hair too. I couldn't really imagine him having a shave though. With the amount of technology they have in Star Wars it wouldn't surprise me if he has a little shaving machine within the helmet.

Gundark
Alright, DD, I'm gonna go with you a little ways on this one. Little shaving machine inside the helmet. Now does this little machine ALSO brush his teeth, clean wax out of his ears, trim his nose hairs and pop his zits ?

theEviljedi
I think it just controls his breathing.And knowing that he does not allow anyone assitance him in taking off his helmet,I doubt he would let anyone shave him.I guess he shaves when his helmet is off himself.

Darth Daft
It's a story. Nothing really happens off screen. He doesn't shave unless you want him to shave.

Gundark
I don't think anybody is gonna tell Vader he needs a shave.

Darth Daft
I don't mean like that. I mean we the audience can sort of decide certain things, as no other movies or EU books are going to tell us that sort of thing. There's little things that we will never be told so we must just decide for ourselves whether he shaves or not. I don't think GL would tell us we're right or wrong.

Gundark
I know, DD, and I really do agree with you. I read a lot more into the saga than whats there, but that's what I really love about the whole thing. You can really make up all kinds of things in your head to make the story more meaningful or sensible or whatever. I'm sorry, I was just teasing you. Forgive me ?????sad

Darth Daft
Course I do, but there's no need to say sorry. No harm whatsoever. I was just trying to make sure you understood what I meant. That's all. smile

Gundark
Thanks for the smiley face. It made my Friday!!

Darth Daft
Yeah especially after the boring Episode 2 Select Pic I presume.

Dim
Well, at least it wasn't a pic of sand...

And I just thought that Vader shaved...no biggiesmile

theEviljedi
Must have been a very clean shave because there was no little stems or anything.I sure can't do that.laughing out loud

Darth Daft
Me neither. Especially under the chin. No matter how hard I press with the blade there's still loads of stubble there.

theEviljedi
And the harder I push the more I cut myself.laughing out loud

UnknownBountyHunter
Well, when you think about, Vader did fall into a pit of boiling muck, right? So the excessive heat could have fried his pores not allowing any facial hair to grow.

theEviljedi
Then why did he have eyebrows?

Darth Daft
I hate to ask this but do you think he had hairs....ya know.....down there?

Gundark
DD, you just had to bring that up, didn't you ?

Darth Daft
Sorry I couldn't help myself. evil face

Gundark
Why don't we send Captain Needa in to ask him? "Excuse me, Lord Vader, I beg your pardon, but the lieutenants all have a bet as to whether you get chilly around your willy when you walk through the air locks" Loud thunk as Needa hits the deck.

theEviljedi
Daft,since he had eyebrows I'm sure he did.

Darth Daft
Yeah I've heard that your eyebrows are the same colour as your pubes. Is that true?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by theEvilJedi
Didn't you find it odd that Vader/Anakin had no beard or hair besides his eyebrows in ESB/ROTJ?I mean why didn't he?I think it would have been cool and kind of scary to see Luke take off his hairy father's mask so it would be a scene like the one in The Man In The Iron Mask.Did he shave it off or something?

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.