Resident Evil: Afterlife

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
In July 2005, the producers openly discussed the possibility of following Extinction with a sequel titled Resident Evil: Afterlife, with the announcement of plans to shoot and set the film in Tokyo, Japan. In September 2006, it was announced that casting had been underway for Resident Evil 4, and that Jensen Ackles (Dean in Smallvile- Picture at bottom of the page) was in talks for portraying Leon Kennedy. However, bringing Leon as a character in an upcoming film would contradict promotional information from Resident Evil: Apocalypse. Screen Gems created a faux newspaper, The Raccoon City Times, that detailed the background of Jill Valentine, and included that she was dismissed from the S.T.A.R.S. (Special Tactics and Rescue Service) after the death of her partner, Leon Kennedy.

During an interview with Bloody Disgusting, while promoting Extinction, Ali Larter confirmed she would reprise her role "100% if asked". Oded Fehr jokingly mentioned if his character was to return for a new film, he would have to be cloned like Alice's character in Apocalypse and Extinction. Despite Resident Evil: Extinction being billed on the official website and elsewhere as the final installment of the Resident Evil film series, Rory Bruer, Sony's head of distribution explained, "It absolutely would not surprise me considering the success of the franchise that they find a way to come up with another. It's a real possibility". In an October 18, 2007 interview with IGN regarding the continuation of the franchise, however, producer Jeremy Bolt said, "It's not our intention . But we've been very pleased that the third part of the franchise has done so well."
-Wiki

Jensen Ackles
http://supernatural.nireblog.com/blogs1/supernatural/files/jensen-ackles-a0111.jpg

I have to admit. I like Leons casting. He doesn't look a think like Leon should but he's a good actor, so I think he'll do the character justice.

cEejay_01
nice review.. i love it..

Mairuzu
he'd be pretty good

Aizen
If they make another stupid RE movie then I can say Hollywood has lost its mind long time ago.They killed the game, I barely can play it now, damn them. I hope the CGI version will bring back RE to its roots

SnakeEyes
I haven't liked any of the RE movies thusfar and I'm 99% sure this one will be no different.

Looking forward to Degeneration though.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I haven't liked any of the RE movies thusfar and I'm 99% sure this one will be no different.

Looking forward to Degeneration though.

Same here. I haven't liked the movies either, but RE4 has two advantages over the others.

-Leon S. Kennedy
-Jensen Ackles

This may have a chance with them.

SnakeEyes
I honestly think that the addition of Leon will just make the film worse, since they'lk most likely **** up the character.

Sweet Escape
The movie itself hasn't even been confirmed yet, let alone Leon being in it. As much as I would love it, I'm not getting my hopes up

Mairuzu
I honestly think that the addition of Leon will just make the film worse, since they'lk most likely **** up the character. most likely... deg. come soon plz!

rox
their casting eric brady from days of our lives as leon kennedy. RE4 is in bigger trouble than re:extinction

Arachnid1
Originally posted by rox
their casting eric brady from days of our lives as leon kennedy. RE4 is in bigger trouble than re:extinction They didn't take Jesnen?

Wow. This movie is now destined to fail. I don't really know Eric Brandy, but meh.

Sweet Escape
Originally posted by Sweet Escape
The movie itself hasn't even been confirmed yet, let alone Leon being in it. As much as I would love it, I'm not getting my hopes up

Faith27
I think that guy was on Smallville before...

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Faith27
I think that guy was on Smallville before...

Yep. He was jason. Lana's old boyfriend I think (or one of them anyway... O_O).

Draco69
Jensen Ackles would be a great choice as Leon.

If anyone has ever watched Supernatural, you'd know he's perfect for the role.

He plays a hunter who hunts stuff like vampires, ghosts and demons.

Arahan
supernatural is a geat show, and jensen would make a great leon.

Aizen
Oh come one, Hollywood will just destroy the game totally with this one, for the Gods sake leave it to the creators

Kazenji
Photo's

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/wonderconnews.php?id=64716

someones been playing Resident Evil 5.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
Photo's

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/wonderconnews.php?id=64716

someones been playing Resident Evil 5.

Milla is looking good

Rogue Jedi
**** yeah she is, can't wait for this.

Nemesis X
This movie will suck. As a fan to the Resident Evil franchise, it greatly wounds me that Hollywood is still making crap flicks based on the game I came to know and love. Allow me to point out the errors in the Resident Evil movies:

1. Leon Kennedy is dead? Hollywood doesn't want to portray Leon in a movie and how do they make sure it will never happen? Simply by killing off the character which fumes Leon fans (crappy movies are one thing but to murder Leon is only throwing fuel in fire you idiots).

2. Claire Redfield...or Sarah Connor? The Claire seen in Extinction does not look like the same Claire I see in the games. She doesn't have a pony tail, only long hair. She doesn't have her awesome bikers jacket, only a tank top plus coat. She doesn't look young, she looks almost kinda old imo. When I said Sarah Connor, I meant it. "Claire" looks exactly like Sarah from the Terminator series. Hollywood can't even make a character look right, what a shame.

3. Bad actors for Wesker, why? It has come to my attention that the most hardcore badass in Resident Evil has been gimped from his awesomeness and is just plain...*gulp*...dull. In Extinction, some Irish actor most people wouldn't know played the epic villain but he obviously gave out a few irks to Wesker fans. The actor looked nothing like Wesker and all he did was just sit around, talking to Umbrella employees through the entire film. Wow that's really...not awesome. Now in Afterlife, some actor that I know who played in the X-men movies is now playing Wesker. Again, another actor who doesn't look like Albert is playing Albert. I also know that this actor's acting sucks which gives me fear on what will happen to Wesker in the fourth movie. Why couldn't Hollywood pick out someone like Keanu Reeves? Surprisingly, Reeves and Wesker look almost alike so why not? The only way I see Wesker having justice in Afterlife is if he displays the same awesome moves seen in Resident Evil 5.

Nemesis X
4. Alice...why Alice? The Resident Evil movies could've had the same characters from the games as main protagonists in each film but instead, there's only one protagonist for all the RE movies and she sucks. The whole point of playing Resident Evil was that you play as non-super powered humans fighting evil biological weapons but this got turned down and now has a highly skilled, telepathic woman kicking zombie ass. That would seem cool but no it isn't. Instead, Alice is viewed as someone stealing the spot light who is ridiculously overpowered. I don't like her taking all the glory, I don't like her emo...ness, and I don't like her being in the movies. We should be seeing Jill or Chris as one of the protagonists but no. Milla Jovovich, get off the set, the camera is trying to view on the real heroes.

5. Mikhail is nice? If you know Mikhail, he's that merc in RE3. In the game, he's evil but in Apocalypse, he's young and he's nice, added with an australian accent. Mikhail ain't australian! Who the heck is checking the character profiles at Hollywood anyways? They should be fired for not checking them right.

6. Carlos, you're slightly dark skinned...but now you're white? In RE3, Carlos Oliveria is a South American but in the movies, he's fully white and looks...totally not like a South American and worse of all, Carlos was viewed as a possible love interest for Alice (gack) and got killed off in an exploding truck (better getting blown up than getting hooked up with Alice I suppose).

7. Nemesis in love? The most iconic monster in Resident Evil now looks like a love sick puppy for Alice in Apocalypse. Sure he's saying his popular catch phrase "S.T.A.R.S." but it doesn't give the Tyrant enough justice in the movie. To top it off, he's in a fist fight with Alice, and she looks like she's winning. What disrespect for the Nemesis.

Nemesis X
8. William is...not going G? William Birkin only makes a short cameo appearence in Apocalypse. William Birkin and no G-Virus, what is wrong with this picture?!

Rogue Jedi
Damn, dude....

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Damn, dude....

Like I said before, I'm a Resident Evil fan and I take this stuff seriously.

Rogue Jedi
I can see that haermm No problem here, I had the same problem when "Shooter" and "Queen of the Damned" were released. Both books are 10/10, but the movies were lacking big time.

SamZED
I wish they never made any RE movies, they all suck. Save RE1 was not bad. But the rest dear God. She kicked Nemesis ass with her bare hands. It was all about action and not even slightly scary.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Like I said before, I'm a Resident Evil fan and I take this stuff seriously.

Cause Resident Evil is serious business, right?

MooCowofJustice
Not sure what you were expecting out of Hollywood, NemeSis.

super pr*xy
i'm surprised they didn't cast ryan reynolds for every single role..

Nemesis X
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Cause Resident Evil is serious business, right?

It is to me.

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Not sure what you were expecting out of Hollywood, NemeSis.

I wasn't expecting anything good that's for sure. I've seen plenty of game based movies before Resident Evil became the next victim. I was expecting a load of crap and unfortunately, I was right.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by SamZED
I wish they never made any RE movies, they all suck. Save RE1 was not bad. But the rest dear God. She kicked Nemesis ass with her bare hands. It was all about action and not even slightly scary.

And a piece of metal through the chest.

SnakeEyes
First RE flick was okay... the rest have sucked. No interest in this.

MildPossession
Enjoyed the first, second was rubbish, third was an improvement, so will be checking out the fourth one.

One of those images with the creatures reminds me of pyramid head from Silent Hill...

T.M
Like the rest of them I will only watch it when it comes on TV.

Not a big fan of this franchise or Paul Anderson in general really.

Kazenji
The trailer for this will be on the net 2:15pm Pacific Time on Saturday.

MildPossession
Is that when the 2D version is out, I've only seen the 3D trailer. Pain in the arse to see.

Kazenji
Originally posted by MildPossession
Is that when the 2D version is out, I've only seen the 3D trailer. Pain in the arse to see.

I'm guessing it is i have'nt heard about the 3D one

ZQIwVXPrw4M

dadudemon

ZQIwVXPrw4M

COOL!

I don't like the fall out of he building and shoot rip-off from Matrix, though.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by dadudemon
COOL!

I don't like the fall out of he building and shoot rip-off from Matrix, though.

Agreed. Except for the cool part. Movie looks like shit.

Kazenji
Hoping to see Wesker do his crazy moves in the movie just like the game, Apart from that not really hyped up about it.

Scythe
F*ck this looks like such a steaming pile of turds. I hate Milla, and that doesn't help the movie. Looks like such a Matrix rip. I won't be seeing this.

MildPossession
Oo there is pyramid head again.

BruceSkywalker

ZQIwVXPrw4M

Milla with swords=win

MildPossession
She had swords in Ultra Violet and that = lose. I think she did.

dadudemon
She had swords in Ultra Violet and that = lose. I think she did.

UV was win. Big time. A solid 8.

Rogue Jedi
UV was win. Big time. A solid 8. ****in eh, badass movie, 9/10.

SnakeEyes
UV was win. Big time. A solid 8. Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
****in eh, badass movie, 9/10.

... laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
yes

dadudemon
... laughing out loud

We like movies that are not in the mainstream, sometimes. A least I didn't love Moon. no expression

Rogue Jedi
We like movies that are not in the mainstream, sometimes. A least I didn't love Moon. no expression Or "The Fountain." What a steaming piece of shit that was.

Nemesis X
ZQIwVXPrw4M

Surprisingly, I feel slightly impressed.

They're now throwing Majini in the mix? Sweet.

The Axe Man from Resident Evil 5? Meh.

Milla Jovovich with shurikens and swords? BLEH!

Wesker with his iconic red eyes and glasses and throwing them in slow motion (just like in Resident Evil 5)? Awesome.

The Nuul
Looks like a B-rated movie thats trying to be cool. This is what movies are coming down to now. They are like lets make some cool 3D action and thats it! people will buy the expensive tickets just because 3D is the new thing to do. Forget the story.

I cannot stand this 3D shit. Its has already started to ruined the movies, just wait until more and more hop on this.

SnakeEyes
We like movies that are not in the mainstream, sometimes. A least I didn't love Moon. no expression Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Or "The Fountain." What a steaming piece of shit that was.

I feel so bad for liking better movies than, ahem, Ultra Violet. sad

And hey, don't discriminate; I love mainstream movies too! Just not shit ones.

Kazenji
Oo there is pyramid head again.

Not quite

http://residentevil.wikia.com/Executioner_Majini

dadudemon
I feel so bad for liking better movies than, ahem, Ultra Violet. sad

And hey, don't discriminate; I love mainstream movies too! Just not shit ones.

I loved The Fountain. It's just that...sometimes....my tastes are not going to match up with yours.

For example:

I liked

Both Transformers films, the PT better than the OT, all the Resident Evil films, all the Blade films, bla bla bla.

Nemesis X
I still find it odd as to how in the RE movie-verse, there are Majini. Before the Majini came into existence, there was Las Plagas. I assume that Wesker somehow got a sample and that's how the Majini are in this movie. This is all messed up because Leon was around when this Plagas crap happened and he got killed off way before that. Leave it to Hollywood to make things even more confusing.

Kazenji
I love mainstream movies too! Just not shit ones.

Same here

and i did'nt know liking a movie that most people on this board did'nt like as much like was a crime eg: Clash Of The Titans (2010), Cop Out....

dadudemon
Same here

and i did'nt know liking a movie that most people on this board did'nt like as much like was a crime eg: Clash Of The Titans (2010), Cop Out....
CotT looks good. I'm still seeing it...when I get two tests out of the way. sad

The Nuul
CotT looks good. I'm still seeing it...when I get two tests out of the way. sad

Screw the test, see the movie first....Oh wait the movie sucks....NVM what I just said!

Rogue Jedi
I loved The Fountain. It's just that...sometimes....my tastes are not going to match up with yours.

For example:

I liked

Both Transformers films, the PT better than the OT, all the Resident Evil films, all the Blade films, bla bla bla. And you didnt like Lebowski. roll eyes (sarcastic)

dadudemon
And you didnt like Lebowski. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cause it wasn't funny, for the most part, and the story was rather stupid and haphazard.

The Nuul
Cause it wasn't funny, for the most part, and the story was rather stupid and haphazard.

Blasphemy!

MildPossession
Yeah, I know it's not bloody pyramid head, it just reminds me of him. Geez... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. To whoever posted a link...

dadudemon
Yeah, I know it's not bloody pyramid head, it just reminds me of him. Geez... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. To whoever posted a link...

It was my homie, Kazenji:

Not quite

http://residentevil.wikia.com/Executioner_Majini

Rogue Jedi
Cause it wasn't funny, for the most part, and the story was rather stupid and haphazard. YOU'RE stupid and haphazard.

dadudemon
YOU'RE stupid and haphazard.

Seven words:

Star wars on Video Home System. Fail. no expression

PWNED!

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/pwned.jpg

Blinky
^ Hahahahaha ! That's gotta be the best "PWNED" picture, ever.

Rogue Jedi
Seven words:

Star wars on Video Home System. Fail. no expression

PWNED!

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/pwned.jpg Nostalgia, dude, nostalgia.

Kazenji

No need to make a drama out of it.

MildPossession
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Oh, that Body Snatchers thing was perfect indeed.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Blinky
^ Hahahahaha ! That's gotta be the best "PWNED" picture, ever. Yeah it is, I used it first. He got it from me. smile

Andrew Ryan
UV was win. Big time. A solid 8.

Ultraviolet was horribly maimed by the studio before being released. While it certainly wouldn't have won any awards, the original version had more content and better explained the story so that it didn't look like Milla kills random government/big corporation men with ninja skills the Movie 12.

I hope for one that this movie is better than the previous one.

Kazenji
8. William is...not going G? William Birkin only makes a short cameo appearence in Apocalypse. William Birkin and no G-Virus, what is wrong with this picture?!

9. A Desert??.........seriously where the hell did that come from.

Nemesis X
9. A Desert??.........seriously where the hell did that come from.

I'm just pointing the errors seen in the RE movies. In RE2 (the game), William mutated into a monster called G but in the RE2 movie, he's seen in less than five friggin seconds and not once do we see anything G-related. This is just my fanboyism arguing so don't make a big deal over this.

Kazenji
I was'nt arguing........i was adding to your list of the RE movies faults.

Nemesis X
I was'nt arguing........i was adding to your list of the RE movies faults.

Oh, didn't know. Sorry.

There's sand in Nevada, right? So it makes sense why there's sand everywhere in the movie. The dessert shouldn't be an issue, it's the location that's the issue. Nevada, Las Vegas, seriously? I've heard of every location that took place in each RE game and Nevada is not one of them.

Kazenji
But half the world was covered in a desert because of some nonsense about the water

Also for this new movie i read Paul WS Anderson is back in the directors chair just maybe why it has stuff from the 5th game.

Nestical
Wow this looks really shitty. They need to reboot this series

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nestical
Wow this looks really shitty. They need to reboot this series

and stick to the plot of the games.

SnakeEyes
These movies need to not exist anymore.

The Nuul
I agree, this franchise needs to end.

russelcrow
Resident evil is the Good game but not a Good Movie. All the efforts made by the artists goes in vain as the Movie did not rock the charts.

dadudemon
I disagree with all of you. These movies are great and are certainly more entertaining than the video games. erm

SnakeEyes
I disagree with all of you. These movies are great and are certainly more entertaining than the video games. erm

Have you played any of the games? I've only played Resident Evil 4, but it was so much better than any of these shit-movies.

dadudemon
Have you played any of the games? I've only played Resident Evil 4, but it was so much better than any of these shit-movies.

Yeah, I played all iterations (including Zero) all the way up to 4 (I only played part of 4 and lost interest.)

I haven't played Umbrella, Darkside, or 5.

Rogue Jedi
I disagree with all of you. These movies are great and are certainly more entertaining than the video games. erm Yeah they are!!! No they're not.

-Pr-

no expression

That ACDC Chick
i agree with you
im not really a fan of the games and i like the movies
except the third, it got boring after a while especially when they killed off Carlos and L.J. uhuh

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by -Pr-
no expression haermm That smily is AWESOME.

dadudemon
Yeah they are!!! No they're not.

The games are boring, to me. I haven't played the newest release and I'm told I should. I may do that, but probably not.

Originally posted by -Pr-
no expression

You don't get tired of how repetitive stuff gets?

I know it'd be lame, but, wouldn't it be a little more fun if the character's leveled as you played? :*(

Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
i agree with you
im not really a fan of the games and i like the movies
except the third, it got boring after a while especially when they killed off Carlos and L.J. uhuh

But, see, you're cool, n'stuff. Cool people will agree with me. awesome

haermm That smily is AWESOME.

Cut it out or I will tell the DEA about your stash.

Kazenji

You don't get tired of how repetitive stuff gets?

I know it'd be lame, but, wouldn't it be a little more fun if the character's leveled as you played? :*(

Why the hell would they put a RPG system into survival horror ?..... erm

dadudemon
Why the hell would they put a RPG system into survival horror ?..... erm

It would make the repetitive nature of killing the same creatures, over and over again, more interesting. Better "aim", each shot does more damager, ability to withstand more "attacks', etc. All very useful.

Since the "survival horror" genre IS RPG, incorporating additional RPG elements would make it more tolerable, for me.

Kazenji
It would make the repetitive nature of killing the same creatures, over and over again, more interesting. Better "aim", each shot does more damager, ability to withstand more "attacks', etc. All very useful.

They pretty much do that with Resident evil 4 and 5 erm

The Nuul

bermm

dadudemon
Originally posted by The Nuul
bermm

mad

That ACDC Chick
But, see, you're cool, n'stuff. Cool people will agree with me. awesome

cool people tend to agree with me as well awesome

Kazenji
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=13079

That ACDC Chick
that post was made back in december erm

Kazenji
Don't look at me it was news on superherohype.....

Nemesis X

You're just begging to get kicked in the nuts by every RE fan, aren't you?

But seriously dude, why would you say this? The games are WAY better than the crappy movies. Resident Evil games are like precious treasures and the movies are like a pile of crap and you're saying you like crap more than treasures. There is something wrong with this picture.

Kazenji
He also said he would like to see RPG elements in these games.....

-Pr-

it's called getting a bigger gun. which you do. several times. stick out tongue

dadudemon
You're just begging to get kicked in the nuts by every RE fan, aren't you?

They can try but they'll hurt their feet as it makes a "dink" sound on impact. shifty

I was polite about my opinion, however.

But seriously dude, why would you say this? The games are WAY better than the crappy movies. Resident Evil games are like precious treasures and the movies are like a pile of crap and you're saying you like crap more than treasures. There is something wrong with this picture.

Probably because I find the games boring, repetitive, old, and tired. The movies, however, are great. After one has played at least 3 RE titles, they should never play another one. If the story and cutscenes are what you're after, I'm sure that stuff is all on the web, somewhere.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by dadudemon Probably because I find the games boring, repetitive, old, and tired. The movies, however, are great. After one has played at least 3 RE titles, they should never play another one. If the story and cutscenes are what you're after, I'm sure that stuff is all on the web, somewhere.
You like the movies - FINE! But don't say that they are better than games. They suck donkey balls.

For Resident Evil:-

We have a poor villian and even more pathetic final Boss. We have an empty Mansion and get straight in to the LAB.
In the original game, we see STARS teams landing and getting pawned by infected creatures. They escape to Mansion and think that they are safe but that was a wishful thinking. They face zombies, infected creatures (e.g. snakes, insects, dogs), bioweapons and even TRAPS. That was the FUN! (A pure survival horror element). The villian roles were also very well done. In the end, we meet a prototype of an ultimate life-form: The Tyrant (A very well done boss).

For Resident Evil Apocalypse:-

Alice is now a bio-weapon that defies Umberella. Why would Umberella want to create something that would defy them? (POOR LOGIC)

Nemesis is so FAKE. He shows emotions? (BAD)

No G-virus (BAD)

No secret LAB (BAD)

No other bioweapons (BAD)

I mean, so much was missing from this movie.
In the original game, strangers arrive in the TOWN only to find it in chaos. They escape to the Polic Station, which was supposed to be safe but it is not. Again! We have a nicely done element of survival horror where Super-agents of Umberella in addition to bioweapons and zombies are hunting the newcomers. The only way out of the mess is to escape the city via underground sewers and tunnels. Streets are too risky. A more deadly virus is on the loose in addition to the T-virus and it should be stopped from spreading. Its place of origin (a secret LAB) is to be located and destroyed. This game was awesome in every aspect.

For Resident Evil Extinction:-

OK! This movie relied on a new concept and it was good in some aspects. The Boss was better but Alice seemed over-powered. However, it too lacked in the story department that we saw in Resident Evil 3, Resident Evil Code Veronica, and Resident Evil 4.

For Resident Evil Degeneration:-

I would give this one a props. The best Resident Evil movie created thus far. However, an animated feature.

However, my main point is that movies in no way are as good as games. They are poorly done rip-offs. The case is similar to that of DOOM.

dadudemon
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
You like the movies - FINE! But don't say that they are better than games. They suck donkey balls.

I can and I will. I can have my own opinion on this stuff. No matter what you think, it is my opinion and it won't change. I don't undestand why that is difficult.

We have a poor villian and even more pathetic final Boss. We have an empty Mansion and get straight in to the LAB.
In the original game, we see STARS teams landing and getting pawned by infected creatures. They escape to Mansion and think that they are safe but that was a wishful thinking. They face zombies, infected creatures (e.g. snakes, insects, dogs), bioweapons and even TRAPS. That was the FUN! (A pure survival horror element). The villian roles were also very well done. In the end, we meet a prototype of an ultimate life-form: The Tyrant (A very well done boss).

Alice is now a bio-weapon that defies Umberella. Why would Umberella want to create something that would defy them? (POOR LOGIC)

No G-virus (BAD)

No secret LAB (BAD)

In the original game, strangers arrive in the TOWN only to find it in chaos. They escape to the Polic Station, which was supposed to be safe but it is not. Again! We have a nicely done element of survival horror where Super-agents of Umberella in addition to bioweapons and zombies are hunting the newcomers. The only way out of the mess is to escape the city via underground sewers and tunnels. Streets are too risky. A more deadly virus is on the loose in addition to the T-virus and it should be stopped from spreading. Its place of origin (a secret LAB) is to be located and destroyed. This game was awesome in every aspect.

OK! This movie relied on a new concept and it was good in some aspects. The Boss was better but Alice seemed over-powered. However, it too lacked in the story department that we saw in Resident Evil 3, Resident Evil Code Veronica, and Resident Evil 4.

I would give this one a props. The best Resident Evil movie created thus far. However, an animated feature.

However, my main point is that movies in no way are as good as games. They are poorly done rip-offs. The case is similar to that of DOOM.

You've gone down the movies and put things in there, as complaints, that do not have to be in the film, at all. It's an entirely separate universe based on the games. Different stories, but with some of the characters.

And, they quality of the movies is better than the games. The RE games are just an evolved form of the point and click "adventure" games from the mid-90s. They are linear and repetitive...something I don't like in games. I haven't played like...the last 3 games, I admit. I am told that 5 is really good. I may play and then say I was wrong about 5. erm

But, again, don't confuse your personal preferences for fact.

That ACDC Chick

No G-virus (BAD)

No secret LAB (BAD)

do you really expect a movie company to be able to fit every single element of your most beloved video games into movies?
theres a time frame, a lot of times in games, there's useless information and unnecessary backtracking for things
movie audiences want to know what the **** is going and they they want to know it fast, not through hours and hours of sitting on their asses staring on a screen
the same goes for movies based on books, you cant put every single scene or character or plot element into a two hour movie from a 500 page book shit has to be cut out or introduced in a different way

Robtard
Last film was more horrible than the first. I have zero hope for this one.

dadudemon
do you really expect a movie company to be able to fit every single element of your most beloved video games into movies?
theres a time frame, a lot of times in games, there's useless information and unnecessary backtracking for things
movie audiences want to know what the **** is going and they they want to know it fast, not through hours and hours of sitting on their asses staring on a screen
the same goes for movies based on books, you cant put every single scene or character or plot element into a two hour movie from a 500 page book shit has to be cut out or introduced in a different way

Good on you. You put it into words better than I could.

Rogue Jedi
Leaving shit out is fine, but when they change shit? No.

dadudemon
Leaving shit out is fine, but when they change shit? No.
Yes, they needed to change shit....lots of it.

Rogue Jedi
Yes, they needed to change shit....lots of it. I mean movies in general, not just the RE movies.

Nemesis X

A long movie is possibly a good movie. I go through 3 hour flicks and I don't complain. If someone is gonna make a Resident Evil movie, they need to put everything from the game into the movie but they don't have to show the characters walking down hallways and corridors for a half hour, they don't have to film the characters looking for keys and other items since that's mostly a gameplay element, and the characters don't have to be filmed reading memos also. You're forgetting that Resident Evil already has a good story you can adapt into a flick. The story in the games has horror, action, suspense, drama, friendship, betrayal, and romance and that's all you need in a movie and having to go and alter Resident Evil's story into something gay is not okay.

dadudemon
I mean movies in general, not just the RE movies.

Right, but it still applies. Adapting, so thoroughly, the plot from the RE games, would be a nightmare and impossible to do in 2 hours.
Keep some characters, their genders, general badassery, and some of the plot, make your own unique story with the general plot, and, badda boom, you've got RE.

Rogue Jedi
Right, but it still applies. Adapting, so thoroughly, the plot from the RE games, would be a nightmare and impossible to do in 2 hours.
Keep some characters, their genders, general badassery, and some of the plot, make your own unique story with the general plot, and, badda boom, you've got RE. The ending of Queen of the Damned is a perfect example of what I am talking about.

That ACDC Chick
A long movie is possibly a good movie. I go through 3 hour flicks and I don't complain. If someone is gonna make a Resident Evil movie, they need to put everything from the game into the movie but they don't have to show the characters walking down hallways and corridors for a half hour, they don't have to film the characters looking for keys and other items since that's mostly a gameplay element, and the characters don't have to be filmed reading memos also. You're forgetting that Resident Evil already has a good story you can adapt into a flick. The story in the games has horror, action, suspense, drama, friendship, betrayal, and romance and that's all you need in a movie and having to go and alter Resident Evil's story into something gay is not okay.
but typically, how long are RE games?
even if you cut out the redundant stuff, there's still a lot you cant fit into a script
and yes, thats you, a person who has no doubt played every single RE game till the disks break. that means you could sit through anything as long as you get what you want
but the movie compaies arent thinking of fanboys, theyre thinking of the average joe that would walk down the street or watch tv, see thge poster/trailer and think, "hmm, that looks like a pretty good movie, i think ill see that"
if its 3-4 hours long, theyll just get up in the middle of it and say "**** this, i aint sitting through all of this" or theyll fall asleep
i saw people fall asleep during Watchmen and that was what? 2 and a half hours?
its plain and simple, movie companies arent gonna make a movie just for the fanboys because they arent the majority of the population
sure there's a shit ton of fanboys out there, but there's still gonna be more people who arent fanboys, who havent sat down and played through every single game to the point that they can recite the characters lines from memory or tell you even the most minute details about the game

That ACDC Chick
Good on you. You put it into words better than I could.
ive had practice yes

Nemesis X
but typically, how long are RE games?
even if you cut out the redundant stuff, there's still a lot you cant fit into a script
and yes, thats you, a person who has no doubt played every single RE game till the disks break. that means you could sit through anything as long as you get what you want
but the movie compaies arent thinking of fanboys, theyre thinking of the average joe that would walk down the street or watch tv, see thge poster/trailer and think, "hmm, that looks like a pretty good movie, i think ill see that"
if its 3-4 hours long, theyll just get up in the middle of it and say "**** this, i aint sitting through all of this" or theyll fall asleep
i saw people fall asleep during Watchmen and that was what? 2 and a half hours?
its plain and simple, movie companies arent gonna make a movie just for the fanboys because they arent the majority of the population
sure there's a shit ton of fanboys out there, but there's still gonna be more people who arent fanboys, who havent sat down and played through every single game to the point that they can recite the characters lines from memory or tell you even the most minute details about the game

I sorta see what you're saying but still, while I agree movie companies will not add everything from a game into the movie version, I still think that they could've done a similar plot with similar characters but it seems that's too much to ask for. Instead of Chris, Jill, Claire, or Leon fighting the biological threat, we get a telekinetic woman with intense H2H skills (who I may note was never in any of the games) doing that.

That ACDC Chick
yeah, they really overpowered Alice in Apocalypse and Extinction
i mean, sure it was interesting for the first few seconds to see her "awesome" new powers, but after that it was like... okay we get, shes super powerful and can take down anything she wants to
wheres the fun in that?
and in the RE Afterlife trailers ive seen, i have yet to notice a zombie, but there's plenty of Alice and her clones kicking ass and taking names
i liked the first one the best because there was a sense of "wtf is going on?" in the characters

Nemesis X
yeah, they really overpowered Alice in Apocalypse and Extinction
i mean, sure it was interesting for the first few seconds to see her "awesome" new powers, but after that it was like... okay we get, shes super powerful and can take down anything she wants to
wheres the fun in that?
and in the RE Afterlife trailers ive seen, i have yet to notice a zombie, but there's plenty of Alice and her clones kicking ass and taking names
i liked the first one the best because there was a sense of "wtf is going on?" in the characters

I agree. Alice was better off without the super powers because when a character is a super power-less person, it questions us if he/she will survive through the movie or not but we're now convinced Alice will be living for a long time which sucks btw. I want to see her fall, I want her gone, I want the Resident Evil movie franchise rebooted without the need of there being characters that didn't originate from the games.

The only person I want to see with powers in Resident Evil is Wesker.

Kazenji

And, they quality of the movies is better than the games. The RE games are just an evolved form of the point and click "adventure" games from the mid-90s. They are linear and repetitive...something I don't like in games.

Yeah the last two games in the main series are just that......... roll eyes (sarcastic)

and i'm guessing you like Dead Space since you posted in the thread for the second game. Seriously if you like that gamedon't know how you gave up on Resident Evil 4.

tom_servo
From the trailer, it looks like this is going to suck something awful.

dadudemon
Yeah the last two games in the main series are just that......... roll eyes (sarcastic)

and i'm guessing you like Dead Space since you posted in the thread for the second game. Seriously if you like that gamedon't know how you gave up on Resident Evil 4.

Different STROKES!

Kazenji
You probably do in bed.

dadudemon
You probably do in bed.

R-right....next to my wife?

-Pr-

nobody wants that. they just want a reasonably accurate representation of the souce material, or at the very least the spirit of it.

Resident Evil is survival horror. It's not survival horror if you have Wonder Woman on your side.

Kazenji
Found this on Kotaku

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1193/res2vc.jpg

That ACDC Chick
my brother would freak if John Cena played a part in a RE movie haermm

K3VIL
First RE movie was ok, until Milla Jovovich became a rip off of Blade and Lara Croft, and got even worst in the 2nd movie, where she's dressed like a second rate hooker, armed with all sort of weapons, who can take down Nemesis, one of the best enemies in a horror videogame, just by punching him down.Then, she became a deus ex machina with psychic powers, and now, she's back as a mix of Trinity from the Matrix and Blade, using shurikens, guns and swords to kill zombies, which also looks like the Reapers from Blade 2.
This movies have the poorest script and acting I've ever seen. An amount of crap comparable only to Revenge of the Fallen. Massive use of CGI, recalle of other movies clothing style, and weak script, the classic we came, we kick ass in slow motion, we battle the bad guy who is dressed in a black trenchcoat and lives in a huge tower/skyscraper. God, even my 10 years old cousin said the movie looks crap, and he loves videogames.

marwash22
g1tRU1fsU_Y

fanhost
Resident Evil Afterlife is such an amazing thriller movie. I have watched it at least 5 times still I wanna watch it again,..

Nemesis X
Originally posted by K3VIL
First RE movie was ok, until Milla Jovovich became a rip off of Blade and Lara Croft, and got even worst in the 2nd movie, where she's dressed like a second rate hooker, armed with all sort of weapons, who can take down Nemesis, one of the best enemies in a horror videogame, just by punching him down.Then, she became a deus ex machina with psychic powers, and now, she's back as a mix of Trinity from the Matrix and Blade, using shurikens, guns and swords to kill zombies, which also looks like the Reapers from Blade 2.
This movies have the poorest script and acting I've ever seen. An amount of crap comparable only to Revenge of the Fallen. Massive use of CGI, recalle of other movies clothing style, and weak script, the classic we came, we kick ass in slow motion, we battle the bad guy who is dressed in a black trenchcoat and lives in a huge tower/skyscraper. God, even my 10 years old cousin said the movie looks crap, and he loves videogames.

I concur with this (except for the first RE flick 'cause that was bad too imo).

Originally posted by fanhost
Resident Evil Afterlife is such an amazing thriller movie. I have watched it at least 5 times still I wanna watch it again,..

It's you and all the other thousands of morons with bad taste in movies that inspire Paul W(anking)S(#!+ maker) Anderson to make these horrible videos.

K.Diddy
beer I seen the trailer of this,looks terrible

Nemesis X
Found this on Kotaku

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1193/res2vc.jpg

1. Chris Evans as Chris Redfield: Are you kidding? No!

2. Kristen Bell as Jill Valentine: Approved.

3. Christian Bale as Albert Wesker: Uh...stick with Batman Baley.

4. Jeffrey as Barry: Consider him a last resort if no one looks like Burton.

5. Hayley as Rebecca: Shorten the hair, dye it brown and then we'll talk.

6. Ben as Richard: Ehh...Forgot who Richard was so I can't comment.

7. Steve as Forest: I don't care, Forest is a minor character (not important).

8. Jimmy as Enrico: Approved!

9. Scann as Brad: Maybe.

10. Bruce as Kevin: I think Kevin is only seen flying a chopper so I believe it's alright for Campell to play as him.

11. Jason as Billy: No.

12. Jensen as Leon: Is this some sort of sick joke?

13. Natalie as Claire: That could work. I approve.

14. Zhang as Ada: Hopefully her acting is as good as her looks.

15. Elley as Sherry: Approved.

16. David as HUNK: Approved.

17. Edward as William: ???

18. Noami as Annette: Approved.

19. Gale as Carlos: Meh.

20. Sean as Mikhail: Approved.

21. Igor as Nikholai: Approved.

22. Anton as Steve: Definately no.

23. Cillian as Alfred: Cillian looks like a mannish woman so he may pull off Alfred's cross dressing scenes but I question how good he is at acting like a deranged aristocrat psychopath and he should dye his hair blonde to fit with the character.

24. Julie as Alexia: Nah.

25. Dolph as Sergei: Approved.

26. John as Spencer: Approved.

27. Taylor as Ashley: Sure, why not?

28. Eduardo as Luis: I think I may actually approve.

29. Bill as Saddler: That could work. Also, lol at the name under Saddler. His name isn't Ramon. Silly Kotaku.

30. John Cena as Krauser: Oh I get it, just because Krauser looks like he's on roids, Cena should be the perfect role, hur hur. But seriously, NO!

31. Rosarid as Sheva: Approved.

Dr Mystery
Just watched this film and I was amazed!
It was actually worse than Extinction, bravo Paul W.S. Anderson, bravo.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Dr Mystery

It was actually worse than Extinction

smokin' Why doesn't that surprise me

The Nuul
Event Horizon is great and Death Race is fun as shit. The rest of his movies are meh or sucks. In Hollywood its about making money and he does do that even though he's a shitty director.

Dr Mystery
Yeah I like Event Horizon too, I can only assume that Paul W.S. Anderson's brain was taken over by someone or something while filming it. IMO, his only good movie. Death Race was okay but nothing that stood out, unlike the original with Carradine and Stallone.

alexander10
supernatural is a geat show, and jensen would make a great leon.

Rogue Jedi
What a letdown.

RE: Blaxican
Wait, you actually had positive expectations about the movie?

Rogue Jedi
Little bit.

Nemesis X
You're a fool to expect anything good from Paul Anderson no expression

Rogue Jedi
I'm an optimist.

NemeBro
Maybe he at least hoped Milla would make the movie enjoyable by being naked throughout most of it.

Rogue Jedi
There was that, yes.

victornov
Its nice movie but i like earlier resident evil part than that..

tom_servo
And I'll agree with the Spill.com guys here. "Afterthought" seemed to be on the agenda with this...ah..movie.

It was an hour and a half of pure shit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.