Who could play joker now?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
Unfortunatly Heath Ledger died from a drug overdose, far as I know Joker was possibly gonna be in the 3rd batman movie...with the death of Heath who could play Joker in the 3rd movie if joker does survive the 2nd movie?

@st
Nobody, write him out, or have him die quickly.

Neo Darkhalen
I think it should be implied that he died, if not then they should give him whatever time he needs to serve in the plot.

@st
Odds are that he is in jail or something at the end of this one, so hopefully its not necessary to bring him back.

Neo Darkhalen
I really hope they don't, it just won't seem fair and seeing his performance, I think anyone else who steps in the mantle will only be in for a disappointment, I think TDK in the end killed HL.

Mr Parker
where was it ever mentioned joker was supposed to be in a second? wow cant believe the timing of his death,dying just shortly after the movie was released.

Neo Darkhalen
Finshed yes, but there is a rogue gallery of villains out there.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I think anyone else who steps in the mantle will only be in for a disappointment, I think TDK in the end killed HL.

Probably so.

Heath as an actor is really intense but you have to be super intense to be the Joker. It must've been emotional and mentally draining for Heath or any other human to be that way for a certain period of time.

They've been shooting TDK for about a year now and who knows how long he was under such stress and pressure. His body cracked and gave way. It couldn't taking the tax. Heath seemed like he was going beyond his physical, emotional, and mental limit with this film.

I guess he wanted to be the best Joker there ever was and/or thought that this was a role that he could really and finally push to the limit, like he looked like he wanted to do.

FistOfThe North
For example:

Heath Ledger portrays the Joker, whom the actor described as a "psychopathic, mass murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy". Nolan had wanted to work with Ledger on a number of projects in the past, but had been unable to do so. When Ledger saw Batman Begins, he realized a way to make the character work in that film's tone, and Nolan agreed upon his anarchic interpretation. To prepare for the role he lived alone in a hotel room for a month, formulating the character's posture, voice and psychology. While he initially found it difficult, Ledger was eventually able to generate a voice which did not sound like Jack Nicholson's take on the character in Tim Burton's 1989 Batman film. He started a diary, in which he wrote the Joker's thoughts and feelings to guide himself during his performance.

- wiki

Neo Darkhalen
Yes I read about that, he also said due to the pressure his mind was still going; that he could not sleep only getting a few hours, in the end I think it got to him, the Joker is a strange character who has multiple emotions; for him to go back to being a real villain is good, but I don't think a sane human being can be like that for so long, I mean like he said the Joker is, "psychopathic, mass murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy" that is a real hard thing to pull of every day or so for god knows how long.

JediSamuraiMRB
I believe Ledger will give us all a final chilling performance as an iconic character. However I do feel that if necessary a Joker recast may work for the next film if Nolan sees fit to have him in it.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
I believe Ledger will give us all a final chilling performance as an iconic character. However I do feel that if necessary a Joker recast may work for the next film if Nolan sees fit to have him in it.

how will that work?

You seen what happened with the earlier Batman movies with Batman being portrayed by someone different in almost every movie and look at the mess that cause the franchise in the 90's.

I don't think i want to see another Joker rehash. I've already gotten used to this one and it took a bit (didn't agree with the non-traditional grungy look initially). And I planned on settling for this Joker cause I know heath's Joker's gonna own as i've been saying for months now.

Question is, is recasting another Joker even worth it. If the director wants to maintain the integrity of the character, then the answer (should be): No.

Just memorialize the character and let it go with Heath. Let it begin and end with Heath. Until a decade or 2 later when the franchise starts up again and someone else worthy gets the role.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
how will that work?

You seen what happened with the earlier Batman movies with Batman being portrayed by someone different in almost every movie and look at the mess that cause the franchise in the 90's.

I don't think i want to see another Joker rehash. I've already gotten used to this one and it took a bit (didn't agree with the non-traditional grungy look initially). And I planned on settling for this Joker cause I know heath's Joker's gonna own as i've been saying for months now.

Question is, is recasting another Joker even worth it. If the director wants to maintain the integrity of the character, then the answer (should be): No.

Just memorialize the character and let it go with Heath. Let it begin and end with Heath. Until a decade or 2 later when the franchise starts up again and someone else worthy gets the role.

Indeed, it shall be too early to recast, let them wait, I think nolan should take more care of (if he does recast) the next joker, he is pretty intense.

coolmovies
I wanna see a penguien

Neo Darkhalen
Riddler and Freeze.

rox
I really hope they don't, it just won't seem fair and seeing his performance, I think anyone else who steps in the mantle will only be in for a disappointment, I think TDK in the end killed HL.

i strongly agree. he has had many physical problems since that movie

FistOfThe North
Riddler and Freeze.

who would you recast as the riddler

i'd pick in-between

-Johnny Depp

-Steve Carrel

-haha, Tom Green.. (maybe)

-a darker Jim Carrey (again)

-Crispin Glover

JediSamuraiMRB
how will that work?

As I said depending on what Nolan feels is right for the next film. I am just speculating like everyone else. If its warranted then Chris Nolan will recast The Joker and he'll be in the next film. If Nolan doesn't feel the need to have The Joker in the next film then that is that and there will be no Joker in the next movie.

As for The Riddler and Mr. Cobblepot being in Nolan's version, right now I just can't see it happening.

Bat Dude
Well, seeing as how I'm just pouring on the Brandon Lee comparisons, think about this...

BB3 is set to be released in 2011, right? Well, The Crow was released in 1994, and then they recast the role of the Crow for the sequel in 1996... There's a two year difference there, and there'd be a three year difference here... If Nolan believes it would be best, then I guess they could recast (I'd kinda be against it, though)

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
As I said depending on what Nolan feels is right for the next film. I am just speculating like everyone else. If its warranted then Chris Nolan will recast The Joker and he'll be in the next film. If Nolan doesn't feel the need to have The Joker in the next film then that is that and there will be no Joker in the next movie.

As for The Riddler and Mr. Cobblepot being in Nolan's version, right now I just can't see it happening.

Not if any true Batman/Joker/Ledger fans have anything to say about it. It's not about what Nolan feels. It's about what'll sell. And a rehashed Joker would be unbuyable, i believe.

That's beside the fact that the Joker character doesn't belong to him anyway. So he can't just "do what he feels like" with the Joker. And i doubt DC would let the WB, or any other producer/director for that matter, rape the Jokers' image in that way.

The Jokers' a high quality character played by academy award winners and nominees. He's not some B-list character you toss around.

SelinaAndBruce
I don't think the Joker should be recast. Just doesn't seem right.

Kainreaver
Well, the title of this forum is "Who could play the Joker now?". While I agree that they should NOT have a re-cast for the Joker in the third film, and let it rest that Heath Ledger gave the last performance as the Joker...I will stick to the criteria of the forum and throw a name out there. I honestly think that one person who could do a dark Joker could be Ben Foster. HOWEVER, Heath ledger was 6.1 and ben Foster is 5.9. Which is a good 4 inch difference. And who are we kidding, When you're up against Christian Bale, that matters. So in the end, in practicality, the Joker should not be in the third movie. But if I HAD to name a replacement, it would be Ben Foster.

Neo Darkhalen
Well it's not like HL owns the role of the Joker, but I agree he should not be replaced.

Bat Dude
Well it's not like HL owns the role of the Joker, but I agree he should not be replaced.

Why? Now that I'm thinking about it, why are we giving Heath Ledger (R.I.P.) the treatment Brandon Lee (R.I.P.) and others never got?

I mean, Lee wasn't the last Crow, Dubrow will probably not be the last Quiet Riot singer, and Randy Rhoads wasn't the last Ozzy Osbourne guitarist, so why should Ledger be the last Joker? I mean, if Nolan wants it, I don't see why not... We're not in control here, he is...

I'm by no means trying to insult the deceased, I'm merely making a point...

Neo Darkhalen
True, other villains are around, I don't think you can patern the Joker, really, I just don't want him to be in another film.

Bat Dude
True, other villains are around, I don't think you can patern the Joker, really, I just don't want him to be in another film.

Fair enough

Neo Darkhalen
TBH I think other villains should be done, I would like to see a good Riddler and Freeze.

Bat Dude
TBH I think other villains should be done, I would like to see a good Riddler and Freeze.

Yeah, I could go for Mr. Freeze as a secondary villain to Two-Face in Part 3... Just not Two-Face/Riddler again...

My top choices for 3 (besides Two-Face, of course)

1. Catwoman
2. Penguin
3. Mr. Freeze
4. Riddler

Then if they make a fourth, they could have Richard Grayson train to become Bruce's heir, and while he's training, be kidnapped by the returning Ras Al Ghul and his lovely daughter Talia...

coolmovies
Am not a big fan of big freeze catwoman and penguien yes

Darth Martin
As far as comics go Batman has the best Rogues Gallery. while on it Joker is definately at the top of the list there's plenty more to use.

Two Face
Riddler
Penguin
Mr. Freeze

And for God's sake bring back Liam Neeson as Ra's Al Ghul. They completely took away the whole immortal, Lazarus Pit idea.

Neo Darkhalen
That's not a wide selection no expression

((The_Anomaly))
I really think #3 should focus on Dent as Two Face. Seems like the next logical step, and Two Face fits the darker style of movies better then most other Batman Villians.

Neo Darkhalen
Riddler can be dark, Killer Croc as well.

Bat Dude
As can Penguin and Catwoman (Burton proved it)

Darth Martin
That's not a wide selection no expression That's just a few. no expression

amity75
Where is Nolans statement on his death? I've yet to see it.

GGS
Don't recast as it's just asking for bad reviews and comparisons that the poor actor who tried would never live up to.

Just follow the two face idea for the third movie and then maybe if it's believable and plausible one more movie afterwards with another villain and put it to rest. Christain Bale can't play Batman forever and no one wants the same thing to happen to him as Heath Ledger R.I.P. by pushing himself too far.

Quit while their ahead if they want to be taken seriously and not end up with another duffer like Spiderman 3 or Ghostrider. The general public will be getting bored of the constant saturation of hero movies as well.

Kainreaver
Actually...I MIGHT just be mobbed for this...Because I would mob someone who would have said this if they told me this before today. But I just saw the movie the number 23...Jim carrey (Under the right direction that I believe Nolan could do) MIGHT be able to play the Joker. I just ask that people try to understand what I'm talking about. I am NOT talking about jim carrey as we've ever seen him before. It's just a thought...

Kainreaver

Devil King
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I don't think the Joker should be recast. Just doesn't seem right.

You didn't think this Joker should be done at all, though?

Itzak
Marilyn Manson. no expression

But on a more serious note; I honestly don't think anyone will be able to play The Joker. Which is quite sad considering he is one my favorite characters. But I think it would be best to just like the character die. At least in this saga, or whatever it's going to be.

Impediment
Jack Nicholson quote from MTV.com:

MTV: What do you think of another actor, Heath Ledger, playing the Joker in next summer's "The Dark Knight"?

Nicholson: Let me be the way I'm not in interviews. I'm furious. I'm furious. They never asked me about a sequel with the Joker. I know how to do that! Nobody ever asked me.

MTV: It was never brought up?

Nicholson: No. It's like, in any area, you can't believe the reasons things do or don't happen. Not asking me how to do the sequel is that kind of thing. Maybe it's not a mistake. Maybe it was the right thing, but to be candid, I'm furious.

MTV: I'm surprised to hear you sounding competitive about a role like that.

Nicholson: Well, the Joker comes from my childhood. That's how I got involved with it in the first place. It's a part I always thought I should play.

Mairuzu
hes old... and chubbie chubs

endrict
They should let Heath go down with the credit of being the best Joker ever and move on to other villains.

DarthLazious
I agree.

Also isn't Two-Face in this one so he can be the next villian for the next flim?

If not the next Villian should be someone that isn't too much like a saturday morining cartoon type villian but someone that would a bad ass.

Maybe Bane or maybe someone new that was made for the Batman movies?

sindahouse
i would have loved to see Ras-al-Ghul, lazarus pit and all. I think they stuffed the character in the first one. But they might redemm the character. Who knows

endrict
They should make a short version of Knight Fall that takes place in the next two movies. Bane gets into the back cave, the fight happens and he breaks Bats back.

Or Hush, but the problem with that is Robin....Nolan doesn't want to film him.

DarthLazious
So who will be our next Villian?

I think Two-Face maybe our next villian.

The title should be The Shadow of the Bat.

SelinaAndBruce
I'm excited and hopeful for Two Face. After the Joker he is my favorite male villain. However I hope Nolan doesn't make him look as crummy as he made the Joker look. I'm still having trouble reconciling that image as the Joker in my mind. Hopefully the movie will alleviate that problem.

frankenfeltch
I can gaurantee that Two-Face is the next villian

endrict
Originally posted by DarthLazious
So who will be our next Villian?

I think Two-Face maybe our next villian.

The title should be The Shadow of the Bat.

It's probably a set up for Two-Face and one more villain. They better not bring joker back again since Heather died.

Mr Shindiggery
who would you recast as the riddler

i'd pick in-between

-Johnny Depp

-Steve Carrel

-haha, Tom Green.. (maybe)

-a darker Jim Carrey (again)

-Crispin Glover

http://://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/2005/10.20/photos/11-alz3-450.jpg

Faith27
As far as I know Heath Ledger was already finished filming his role before he died...

DarthLazious
He did.

So Two-Face is the next villian.

Any ideas for what the title might be for the next flim?

Wolverine2006
Well i think they were going to have Joker in the third film too, along with Two-Face. But I think if they cant find another actor to play Joker exactly like how Heath did then they shouldn't even bother putting him in any of the other sequels.

sindahouse
Originally posted by DarthLazious
He did.

So Two-Face is the next villian.

Any ideas for what the title might be for the next flim?

How about, "Batman: The Gemini Terror" yeh? yeh? Yeh!!! ...lol... I dunno stick out tongue

DarthLazious
Or The Shadow of the Bat?

Lets just have Two-Face be the only Villian for the next installment.

sindahouse
Ahhh The Shadow of the Bat.. I use to love that comic book title.. Alan Grant did some nice work. Don't know why people hated it so much...

I think it would be good if they dedicated one whole movie on Two-Face. He's still one of my favourite's and without doubt, the most complex.

grey fox
Hush could be used, just re-work the story with no robin.

DarthLazious
I hope we dont see Robin in the next two Batman movies.

Batman is made to be Dark but if Robin is in it then it will be Batman & Robin all over agian.

I also liked the comic book of The Shadow of the Bat too.

batmanfan136
i don't know if someone said this but i heard that Steve Carrell was look at for the dark knight so maybe he could bring something to the table i think thought that with Chis Nolan anybody he cast could do a good job

Endrict Nuul
They should let Heath go down with the credit for being the best Joker ever. They have many more villains to use instead and never use Joker again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.