Which hero would you want...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimbus006
Which hero from DC or Marvel would you want to be with (i.e protecting you) when the following specific disaster/crisis scenarios take place. Basically this hero will be by your side the entire time.

Rules are:

I. Your choices must be hero's (no villans)

II. You have to pick one hero from the three main categories in the comic book tier guide for each disaster/ crisis scenario (no one above herald level allowed)

1. Herald level
2. Meta-Human
3. Street

Scenarios:

1. Cloverfield

- Giant 300 ft tall tall monster with incredible strength & durability attacks the city. Also has those offspring/lice things that it lets out.

2. I am Legend/28 days Later/Dawn of the Dead (Same scenario)

- Virus turns whole world into super powered vampires.

3. Independence Day/War of the Worlds (You pick)

- Race of aliens with highly advanced tech invades earth

4. Armageddon/Deep Impact (same thing)

- Asteroid the size of Texas is headed for earth

5. Transformers

- Race of cybernetic robots attacks the earth:

a) For herald level its: Megatron, Starscream, and Blackout

b) For Metahuman its: Bonecrusher and Devastator

c) For street level its: Barricade

Enjoy!

superchron
Batman no expression

Mindset
Hal

Symmetric Chaos
Lets see . . .

1)
Kyle
IronMan
Batman

2)
AdamWarlock
MachineMan
Batman

3)
Surfer
IronMan
Batman

4)
Surfer
Starfire (we're dead anyway so I might get a chance to show her some "Deep Impact" on my own. Really like the movie, I gots popcorn and everything!)
Batman

5) . . .

crazy

Tazer
Yo.

Hal, Reed & Huntress ftw

and in *every* scenario.

Tazer

Rewmac
Surfer
Wolverine
Captain America or Black Panther in full armor.

Doctor-Alvis
Are anti-heroes allowed?

Lumby
Surfer
Venom
Stilts-Man

batdude123
Originally posted by superchron
Batman no expression

StylishSmurph
1) Giant monster fight, eh?

Hulk
Namor
Batman

2) Black Adam (Antihero ermm)
Ghost Rider II
Punisher

3) Black Bolt
Iron Man
Batman

4) Superman
Reed
Bats

5) Surfer
Wonder Man
Nick Fury

bobbi
I haven't seen cloverfield yet so I dont know much about that one. For the rest.

Street: batman or black panther for all of them. They're smart enough to figure out how to stop most of these guys and have enough resources to do it and protect me in a high security facility

Meta Human: Invisible woman is metahuman right? She'd be able to shield me from the attacks of all these people and probably just crush most of them. For the armageddon asteroid maybe nightcrawler. If he's willing to sacrifice himself he can just teleport himself and a nuke into the asteroid (the nuke doesn't become infused with rock that way does it? Or he can teleport every nuke on the planet to the surface of the asteroid at least shoving it away. If he can't teleport that far, any superhero that can fly fast enough can do the same.

reed richards could also figure something out in time that makes more sense than drilling a hole that was 800 feet deep in the asteroid thats 2x as big as texas and expecting a nuke to blow it in half... can figure out stuff for the others too but he's not my first choice since he won't be the best in defending me if some of these aliens are right on top of us.

Herald: Surfer or Flash for anything other than the Armageddon asteroid. he can lend me his speed so I can outrun anything thats trying to kill me while he IMP's everything. Technically he can get in a space suit and IMP the asteroid or just hold his breath while he launches himself up there (he can reach escape velocity easy) and IMP it then hopefully run back with some chunk of asteroid to run off of (unless he can run without ground... i forgot if he could) But Surfer would have a much easier time with it so I chose him.

janus77
Bat Girl, Black Canary (or Namora, hey I'm gonna die anyway, take a few risks innit big grin), Wonder Woman.

two words: danger sex cool

bobbi
oops nightcrawler probably can't teleport that far. forgot about that. Maybe a magic user, zatanna or something... would be good for most of these as well.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Are anti-heroes allowed?

Yes

nimbus006
All good choiced guys

My turn:

1. Cloverfield

a) Superman- I would just love seeing Superman throw down with this monster, and I know he isn't going to let me get hurt or die.
b) Aquaman- I was going to pick Namor, but he's kind of a dick, and might not protect me once he gets in the heat of battle.
c) Batman- He's the only street leveler here that i would feel safe with.

2. I am Legend

a) Wonder Woman- If im going to be the only guy left on earth im definately not picking a guy to stay with.
b) Emma Frost- Like i said, Im only picking females for this one, and she could just make the vamps bump heads all day long.
c) Elektra- she'd probably keep me pretty safe while still offering some comfort

3. Independence Day

a) Silver Surfer- There's no one better to take on an alien armada than this guy.
b) Batman 1 Million- Intillegent and resourceful
c) Black Panther- good tech

4. Armageddon

a) Thor- Mjolnir could probably handle an asteroid
b) Reed- He'll figure something out
c) Batman- same as above

5. Transformers

a) Hal Jordan- I think his versatility is the perfect counter for the bots.
b) Iron Man- fun to watch this
c) Black Panther- in his armor

CaptainStoic
1. Superman
2. She Hulk
3. Forge

MightyEInherjar
1:
Herald: Jack Hawksmoor - With all of New York backing him, he'll surely either beat the hell out of the monster, or get me well outside the city before anything bad happens.

Meta: Invisible Woman - good defense/offense against monster and debris, plus easy on the eyes in a stressful situation.

Street: Hawkeye - Who knows what his quiver might have to deal with a big monster? Plus, should be useful at navigating an urban wasteland. Not to mention guys like Captain America would be too busy saving everyone, and guys like Punisher would be too busy killing looters.

2:
Herald: Quasar - Suit me up in some light-constructs to keep me safe while he goes out and wrecks the whole city's worth of vampire/zombies before the day is through. With the security of his constructs, I could afford to go out and have some fun destroying the undead as well.

Meta: First thought was Blade, since killing undead is kind of his thing, but settled on Ghost Rider.

Street: Captain America - There's no way in hell he's going to let something happen to you, let alone from a godless un-American zombie!

3:
Herald: Silver Surfer - This situation would be nothing new to him. A walk in the park.

Meta: Nova (Richard) - Again, fighting hostile aliens should be a situation he's had to deal with before, and could feasibly take out the opposition or at least keep me safe.

Street: Nick Fury - Maybe SHIELD has a contingency plan for this sort of thing?

4:
Herald: Black Bolt - Flies to asteroid and kindly asks it to leave.

Meta: Mr. Fantastic - Enough tech/prep abilities to solve the situation

Street: Black Panther - Maybe he can hide me in a vibranium bunker?

5:
Herald: Drax (Dumb) - Don't think he'd really have any sort of a problem here.

Meta: Iron Man - self explanatory

Street: Batman - There's probably something on his belt that could deal with this threat.

Mr. Slippyfist
Surfer/or Thor
Current Ghost Rider/or Hercules
Batman

For all of them.

Martian_mind
GL Guy
Powergirl
Batman

Heh,my group provides safety and some entertainment.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.