ST forms

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Man of Christ
Is it just me or did obi wan not seem to be using soresu against vader in anh?

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by Man of Christ
Is it just me or did obi wan not seem to be using soresu against vader in anh?

Obi Wans skills greatly diminished in ANH

queeq
Soresu is EU.

What do you want to say with this thread?

General G
Are all forms EU or did Lucas come up with stuff for canon?

JediRobin23
Dont know what seresu is. But good point, Obiwan and vaders lightsaber skills greatly got crappier.

Actually, now that I think of it, there skills might of greatly got better. The more experience, the less fancy you get, therefore they only use the necessary lightsaber swings.

Man of Christ
Originally posted by JediRobin23
Dont know what seresu is. But good point, Obiwan and vaders lightsaber skills greatly got crappier.

Actually, now that I think of it, there skills might of greatly got better. The more experience, the less fancy you get, therefore they only use the necessary lightsaber swings.

look up the 7 forms of lightsaber combat

queeq
EU!!! stop it ot I'll move this thread to the EU forum.

Originally posted by General G
Are all forms EU or did Lucas come up with stuff for canon?

I don't recall any being mentioned in canon sources, but if you know of one, I am glad to stand corrected.

General G
No, you won't be and you know it!

queeq
Yes I will. Show me in the films or novels where it mentions a lightsabre fighting style and I'm all convinced. But... if there is one, will it be Soresu?

General G
OK, I will re-read ROTS, I don't recall if they mentioned one or not.

queeq
Me neither. Lemme know when you're done. You do have someone to read to you, right?

General G
Of course, never leave home without her.

queeq
Hence your tattoo.

General G
mad

queeq
laughing out loud

General G
NO! No tattoos of people!

queeq
Not people... prolly just one word.

General G
No, not lettering of any kind either...geeze.

queeq
I bet it says "MOM".

General G
laughing out loud

I bet it doesn't!!

queeq
Now I know it does.

General G
No, it definately doesn't, alright...I am going to settle this nonsense very soon!

queeq
How? Post a pic of you and Ursula?

General G
Actually...

Not the best picture...I know...but it will work to solve this bothersome "Ursula" thing!

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by General G
OK, I will re-read ROTS, I don't recall if they mentioned one or not.

Actually Soresu is mentioned a couple of times (as is most of if not all other forms) particularly by Mace when he is talking to Kenobi.

General G
Look Familiar?

queeq
Is that Ursula? She needs haircut.

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Actually Soresu is mentioned a couple of times (as is most of if not all other forms) particularly by Mace when he is talking to Kenobi.

Is it? Well then, I guess that one is canon.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by queeq

Lightsaber forms (at least 3 or 4 of them) are talked about alot when Dooku is involved too. Plus vapaad with Mace vs Sidious.

queeq
In the novel??? Really?

Gotta reread something I think.

Elite Hunter
In the novel??? Really?

Gotta reread something I think.

Skywalker's Shien ready-stance had been a ruse, as had his Ataro gymnastics; the boy was a Djem So stylist, and as fine a one as Dooku had ever seen. His own elegant Makashi simply did not generate the kinetic power to meet Djem So head-to-head. Especially not while also defending against a second attacker.................

and when Dooku felt Skywalker regain his feet and stride once more toward his back, he finally registered the source of that blinding defensive velocity Kenobi had used a moment ago, and only then, belatedly, did he understand that Kenobi's Ataro and Shii-Cho had been ploys, as well.

"But surely, Master Windu," Obi-Wan had said, "you, with the power of Vaapad-or Yoda's mastery of Ataro-"

Mace Windu had almost smiled. "I created Vaapad to answer my weakness: it channels my own darkness into a weapon of the light. Master Yoda's Ataro is also an answer to weakness: the limitations of reach and mobility imposed by his stature and his age. But for you? What weakness does Soresu answer?"

Blinking, Obi-Wan had been forced to admit he'd never actually thought of it that way.

"That is so like you, Master Kenobi," the Korun Master had said, shaking his head. "I am called a great swordsman because I invented a lethal style; but who is greater, the creator of a killing form-or the master of the classic form?"

The only form I don't believe mentioned is Juyo

queeq
Sounds about right. I did some research and found out those were mentioned. Guess that makes them canon. Carry on.

General G
I thought they sounded familiar from that book.

Is that Ursula? She needs haircut.

Oddly enough...that was the leopard's mothers name...

queeq
You do leopards????

General G
I don't even know why I bother.

queeq
Neither do I.

General G
Shall I stop?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.