Superman Prime vs Star Brand (Ken Connell)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainStoic
Superman Prime is really powerful, but is he powerful enough to defeat Ken Connell once he became adept at using the power of the Star Brand?

They fight in deep space.

Which is the mightier?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starbrand

Rewmac
Good question. It was al ong time I read about Connell...If Prime beats Monarch then yes.

guy222
Ken

CaptainStoic
I don't know if Monarch could beat a wielder of the Brand himself. It's power is monstous. Just think for a second. If a being like Thanos got his hands on the Star Brand it would be nearly another Infinity Gauntlet Saga. Just read the bio I posted.

Rewmac
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
I don't know if Monarch could beat a wielder of the Brand himself. It's power is monstous. Just think for a second. If a being like Thanos got his hands on the Star Brand it would be nearly another Infinity Gauntlet Saga. Just read the bio I posted. True but without anything he beat an army of Captain Atoms and tons of heroes which isn't really reforming a universe but it's the feat of the 2007-2008 comics to beat everyone...Ages ago feats had different meanings or if I can say that feats weren't always about fighting.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Rewmac
True but without anything he beat an army of Captain Atoms and tons of heroes which isn't really reforming a universe but it's the feat of the 2007-2008 comics to beat everyone...Ages ago feats had different meanings or if I can say that feats weren't always about fighting.

but if the user focussed the might of the Brand he could easilly defeat those same characters. I don't mean by blasting them to dust or anything, but he could become as strong as he willed himself to be.

Madvillain
Good fight, but I'll give the win to Ken.

He's immortal and could most likely win with a mere thought if his will is strong enough.

Rewmac
but if the user focussed the might of the Brand he could easilly defeat those same characters. I don't mean by blasting them to dust or anything, but he could become as strong as he willed himself to be. Yeah, now I remember...

CaptainStoic
Marvel should bring the Star Brand back to comics. Imagine the story they could make if the right team worked on it. Starlin, Shooter, Wrightson, Perez. It could make for a great cosmic mini series.

Madvillain
Marvel should bring the Star Brand back to comics. Imagine the story they could make if the right team worked on it. Starlin, Shooter, Wrightson, Perez. It could make for a great cosmic mini series.

They did, in NewUniversal.

Unless you're refering to 616.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Madvillain
They did, in NewUniversal.

Unless you're refering to 616.

616 They should bring it to the mainstream.

amity75
Originally posted by Rewmac
Yeah, now I remember... Rewmac my man, How the devil are you?

SupremeMan
That's a tough one because when Connel was fully confident and especially enraged, he was supposed to be invulnerable. That's why I hated the Exiles comic where Proteus beat him even when he was berserk with rage. I also hated that comic because they ignored a bunch of Justice's powers for Proteus to beat him. But that's PIS for you.

By the end of the run, Connel had some serious reality warping powers if I recall. We can't really count the 'Star Child" and the old man who later got the starbrand I guess. Its a tough call because Superman-Prime has more raw strength and force but I don't know if he could or could not deal with the reality warping and we don't know if the Starbrand is 'invulnerable' on his level It was the most powerful weapon its universe could create. We don't know if there were any limits to the power it could tap except all the power of its universe.

Sirius77
Well what could the Starbrand do to Superman-prime?

How powerful has this wielder shown himself to be? Feats.

Madvillain
Originally posted by Sirius77

How powerful has this wielder shown himself to be? Feats.

Well his powers are only limited by his imagination.

He's accidentally killed half a million people in an instant, flown at light speeds, is immortal, and heals from any wound instantaneously, has caused limbs and bodies to explode with a mere thought, stops bullets, travel through time, created an entire city, ended an entire war by willing all the weapons to not work anymore.

The Starbrand was powerful enough that it caught the attention of LT.

Madvillain
Originally posted by Sirius77
Well what could the Starbrand do to Superman-prime?

Up to the imagination of the user really. He could send him into another dimension (was done to Connell by another bearer). He could cause him to be immobile if he wanted.

A lot of things to do.

Madvillain
Bump

tjcoady
616 They should bring it to the mainstream.

Why? When they did that with Quasar it was horrible.

But then again, that was during Quasar's original solo series, so that's not really all that telling. Everything about that was pretty damn bad.

Anyways- with NewUniversal, we haven't really seen all that many capabilities of the Starbrand, besides explosions, instant healing, and time-travel. But if it's anything at all like it used to be with the original New Universe series, then he should take this handily. The power after all, was 'infinite.'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.