What do you listen to when you are in a bad mood?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dreampanther
Do you rock? Do you rave? Do you foam at the mouth, smash the furniture and scream as loud as you can?

Or do you put calm, tranquil, mellow music on, to soothe the frowns of worry from your brow, sipping an iced tea and meditating on the sound of one hand clapping?

I tend to go the Nine Inch Nails / Trent Reznor route. I put on something aggressive, loud and fast - and then I turn the volume up. And then I turn it up some more. And then some more...

Stuff like KMFDM helps as well, but I have found in general rock tend to work better - headbanging, moshing, etc seem to alleviate my feelings more than just jumping up and down to something like "It's a Fine Day"...

So how about you?

Wålshy
listen to some sex pistols and exploited when im angry

SelphieT
Calm music typically pisses me off even more when I'm upset, so I usually listen to stuff like Panzerchrist when I'm upset.

Bardock42
The Who or Rage Against the Machine.

Odd.

Pezmerga
I listen to whatever. usually more in depth stuff that draws me in and makes me forget about my being upset. Like Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, etc. Or something like Yes does the trick as well, Especially their really progressive tracks like Close to the Edge. It has it's calm moments but rocks out too.

Funkadelic
gangsta rap

Impediment
When I'm angry and I want to calm down, I tend to listen to classical music and some jazz.

If I'm pissed off and I want to amplify my mood, I listen to metal bands like Machinehead, Pantera, Deicide, Sepultura.......basically anything loud and heavy.

Tempe Brennan
Within Temptation, no matter what the occasion.

tabby999
Raised Fist. There is nothing better to vent frustration (especially when driving). Parkway Drive has a similar effect.

Solo
I take a fistful of pills and listen to Sonic Boom for hours and hours.

chillmeistergen
It depends what's caused my bad mood.

Papa Smurph
I listen to Hell Rell

ragesRemorse
punk

InnerRise
My taste in music doesn't change no matter what mood I'm in. If I'm in a bad mood and I want to listen to music, I'll listen to whatever I'd listen to if I was in a good mood, sad mood, excited mood, whatever mood.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Bat Dude
I usually listen to one of the following songs when I'm upset

- Far Behind by Candlebox

- High Enough by Damn Yankees

- Don't Go Away Mad by Motley Crue

- Over the Edge by L.A. Guns

When I'm angry, I listen to these songs in particular...

- Four Horsemen by Metallica

- Seek and Destroy by Metallica

- Peace Sells by Megadeth

manorastroman
beach boys, elliott smith, belle and sebastian, leonard cohen, slint

Kram3r
Originally posted by manorastroman
beach boys, elliott smith

Hahaha, you're a top ****.

Linkinpark200
when im sad i listen to linkin parks in the end song

when im mad i listen to one step closer by linkin park

Rogue Jedi
Beastie Boys.

Diablo Cerberus
Rooftops by Lost Prophets for when I'm depressed. As for pissed... probably Free Bird. nothing tames the angry spirit like listening to a 15 minute song.

Bad Boy
St Anger. It's easy to play along to well you feel like bashing your guitar.

Lord-of-Dreams
I like to listen to rap music that I can spit along to. Add my own vibe or whatever. Feels good, so therapeutic. Right now Kanye's Late Registration orLupe's Cool. Anything with attitude.

Zoron
some DMX or onyx(1993-1998) or christian rap

Darth Jello
Smodcast

occultdestroyer
Some Dredg, The Devil Wears Prada, All That Remains, or old skool Extol

AC/DC'S_LVR
metal
mainly Metallica headbanger

Darth Martin
Rabbit Run

-Eminem

Funkadelic
The album All Eyez On Me by Pac

carnage52
deathcore/hardcore/metalcore despised icon born of osiris parkway drive the devil wears prada.

geshien
Death metal, nu-metal, thrash metal, gangster rap and orchestral music (the more ominous the better).

DrewFelton
Avenged Sevenfold and RATM

occultdestroyer
Trash -- KoRn
Hating -- KoRn
Make Me Bad -- KoRn
Thoughtless -- KoRn
Got The Life -- KoRn
Here To Stay -- KoRn stick out tongue
People = Shit -- Slipknot
F*ck The World -- Insane Clown Posse
Survive -- Rise Against
Stupid MF -- Mindless Self Indulgence
Counterweight -- Heaven Shall Burn
Chaosweaver -- Scar Symmetry
You're Rippin' My Dick Off -- Preschool Tea Party Massacre
Pray For Plagues -- Bring Me The Horizon
HTML Rulez d00d -- The Devil Wears Prada
Forsaken -- As I Lay Dying
Bite To Break Skin -- Senses Fail
Sometimes When You Lose, You Win -- Karate High School
Never Again -- Switchblade Masquerade
Blueprints for Future Homes -- Norma Jean
God Save Us -- Ill Nino

Eon Blue
It depends.

I usually prefer the quiet hums of ambient tones, they soothe me. Loud, pompous, rambuctious metal/rock tends to make me even more agitated.

Smallville
My "angry" playlist on my iPod/iTunes usually varies between depressing emo/indie to hard, angry metal, with the occasional "look on the bright side song.

wicker_man
The same stuff I listein to when I'm happy METAL!!!

AverageSavage
i usually listen to Dillinger Escape Plan if i'm pissed

omgchos
I don't usually get pissed....... But i guess if i was i'd listen to the beatles. They now how to chill.

calvs
Easy question..

The Cure/
Bright Eyes

jinXed by JaNx
CCR
Dropkick murphys
Street Dogs
Zeppelin
Brother Ali
Eagle Eye Cherry
John Coltrane

MGMT..,'time to pretend"

or

Old Greenday.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.