Galactus (100%) vs. The Quintessence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sundipped
Galactus vs.

Highfather
Ganthet
Phantom Stranger
Zeus

all working as a team.

Can they do it?

janus77
Full Power Galactus?
spite, he eats their universe, then gets to work on the rest of the omniverse.

Juntai
You forgot Shazam.

Sundipped
Right. Shazam too.

Astner
Originally posted by Sundipped
Right. Shazam too.
Do you want to put some more heroes in the blender before you press "on"?

Galan007
Originally posted by Astner
Do you want to put some more heroes in the blender before you press "on"? Shazam is a member of the Quintessence though.

Juntai simply reminded the thread starter about that. g_grin

Sundipped
Originally posted by Astner
Do you want to put some more heroes in the blender before you press "on"?

Well Shazam is part of the team but why would u say that? Do u already think they can do it without him?

Galan007
Originally posted by janus77
spite, he eats their universe, then gets to work on the rest of the omniverse. I've never seen evidence that Galactus could accomplish something like that, under his own power...

Not saying that changes the outcome here, but meh. ermmnone

janus77
as far as I recall, it was his own power, just not under his own control.
he also has the ultimate nullifier which should nullify any argument (pun intended), and which did reset the whole universe, undoing what he'd wrought. but I was just using that for comic effect (pun, yet-again, intended).

Galan007
as far as I recall, it was his own power, just not under his own control. Without tampering from the BC, there is no real evidence of Galactus ever coming close to duplicating that feat. smile

janus77
but was the nature of that tampering sufficient to deny Galactus the feat?

anyway, it's not very likely that Galactus will be ending 616 any time soon... Marvel's X-men cashcows would be sunk if that happened, and he's not a popular enough character to merit his own comics and hoary old tales from back in the day when he used to get drunk with Phoenix at the pub and end the universe for laughs ... so, it's all we've got to go on, along with is job/place/function in the universe and the nature of his powers and their ability to consume anything and everything.

Galan007
but was the nature of that tampering sufficient to deny Galactus the feat? Yes.

Because like I've been saying -- Galactus has yet to duplicate a feat like that, without any tampering.

It may show Galactus' potential -- but to date, it's a potential unrealized on his own.

janus77
Originally posted by Galan007
Yes.

Because like I've been saying -- Galactus has yet to duplicate a feat like that, without any tampering.

It may show Galactus' potential -- but to date, it's a potential unrealized on his own.
if we're agreed that it shows his potential, then the point is moot. this thread is regarding a Galactus at "100%".

though even going by the argument that it shows his potential, there is implicit the acceptance that the feat was an exercise of his powerset and not something beyond his reach, just not within the realms of his everyday showings.

Galan007
if we're agreed that it shows his potential, then the point is moot. this thread is regarding a Galactus at "100%".

though even going by the argument that it shows his potential, there is implicit the acceptance that the feat was an exercise of his powerset and not something beyond his reach, just not within the realms of his everyday showings. Even at at this rumored "100%" -- we still have no way of knowing whether or not G could duplicate that feat without outside help.

Mindset
What help did he receive that allowed him to do it that time?

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
What help did he receive that allowed him to do it that time? Black Celestial help.

Mr Master
We shouldn't forget yall,
the Black Celestial just made it impossible for Galactus to stop,
but Galactus was showing the capability to contain all that absorption.

According to Reed, all of 616's History would not be enough to satiate him.

According to the GOTG,
Galactus was indeed on his way to absorbing "all existence" ...

the dilemma is like Galan said,
can he make himself insatiable at will (we've never seen this)

But a greater question arrives,
would Galactus ever want to do that?

I say no.

Galactus defends Reality ... I'm sure he doesn't want it consumed,
also, Galactus is an integral part of Reality,
Galactus refers to Eternity as his Father,
Eternity refers to Galactus as his equal in status.

These simple reasons tells us,
it's unlikely we'll ever see Galactus make himself instatiable,
even if he could.

.....................................................................................

On the otherhand,
one of Galactus' heralds stated that Galactus contained a Cosmos inside him.

In the last Galactus story,
Galactus becomes the next Eternity (multiverse)

Galactus (in his natural state) embodies a Star made of infinite energy.
(perhaps the cosmos is referring to an equivalence of energy)

Most importantly,
Galan merged with the IB, to become Galactus.
(may make a difference in considering his potential)

.....................................................................................

I agree though, nothing's concrete either way.

TricksterPriest
Isn't Phantom Stranger capable of beating Galactus?

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Isn't Phantom Stranger capable of beating Galactus? Based on?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Based on?

srug The problem with PS is, that the nature of his abilities prevents him from using them to resolve a crisis.

Mr. Slippyfist
srug The problem with PS is, that the nature of his abilities prevents him from using them to resolve a crisis. Right... nothing. smile

Darkseid gets taken out easily either way. smile

Galan007
PS would pwn Galactus!! yes

TricksterPriest
Seriously Galan, can we get some feats for this guy?

Galan007
Seriously Galan, can we get some feats for this guy? He really doesn't have feats that put him over Galactus. srsly

Mindset
PS has a cooler hat, does that count for nothing?

quanchi112
Galactus wins this all day.

Tenebrous
Yes.

Knowing the nature of Galactus' character I'm sure you'd realize that we'll probably see it as an "unrealized" potential for a while.

After all, when was the last time Eternity, Master Order, or Lord Chaos went around displaying destructive universal feats of power?

How would Galactus duplicate that feat? There has to be a specific story written for Galactus whereby a universal threat is so dire Big G resorts to consuming the universe before the threat takes residence.

With Galactus, it's not as simple to say as "he hasn't demonstrated x ability yet under his own power" when x ability has to do with destruction of the universe. Galactus maintains universal order, what possible context would he ever have to destroy that which he maintains?

Galan007
Originally posted by Tenebrous
Knowing the nature of Galactus' character I'm sure you'd realize that we'll probably see it as an "unrealized" potential for a while.

After all, when was the last time Eternity, Master Order, or Lord Chaos went around displaying destructive universal feats of power?

How would Galactus duplicate that feat? There has to be a specific story written for Galactus whereby a universal threat is so dire Big G resorts to consuming the universe before the threat takes residence.

With Galactus, it's not as simple to say as "he hasn't demonstrated x ability yet under his own power" when x ability has to do with destruction of the universe. Galactus maintains universal order, what possible context would he ever have to destroy that which he maintains? What you're saying is,
G's never achieved such a feat without outside assistance, so we shouldn't just assume he can?

Sweet. thumb up smile

Tenebrous
Originally posted by Mr Master

But a greater question arrives,
would Galactus ever want to do that?

I say no.

Galactus defends Reality ... I'm sure he doesn't want it consumed,
also, Galactus is an integral part of Reality,
Galactus refers to Eternity as his Father,
Eternity refers to Galactus as his equal in status.

These simple reasons tells us,
it's unlikely we'll ever see Galactus make himself instatiable,
even if he could.

Yep.

That's exactly what I've been saying in every thread debating Galactus' power vs. Character X.

It's easy to say "Galactus hasn't demonstrated x ability" when x ability contradicts the nature of the character.

E.g. Captain America has not demonstrated the ability to kill 20 unarmed men on the street.

I'm not saying G (or for that matter, cap) can do it without question, I'm saying one can't rely on that argument as soundly as they would like.

Tenebrous
What you're saying is,
G's never achieved such a feat without outside assistance, so we shouldn't just assume he can?

Sweet. thumb up smile

No.

Galactus can do that feat with his power/inherent abilities/capabilities, it's canon. Can he do it under his will, influence, and control? That's another question.

I. If we're debating whether character x can do feat y....if character x has done the feat, then the point is moot.

II. If we're debating whether character x can do feat y without external tampering, then it's inconclusive.

Certain posters use point II to discredit point I. Again it depends on the nature of the question, if it's strictly "can Galactus do x or y" then it's straight yes or no, depending on feats. There's an asterisk, in this case, but that shouldn't mean he can't do it, as some other posters are always quick to say.

Galan007
Originally posted by Tenebrous
Can he do it under his will, influence, and control? That's another question.

II. If we're debating whether character x can do feat y without external tampering, then it's inconclusive. Since we can't answer those q's -- then why bother even bringing up the feat in question?

I say we just stick to what Galactus alone has done on panel.

Sound fair? smile

Mr Master
Then we have to take into consideration the "Last Galactus story"

Where he became the next Multiverse ... that should be his greatest feat.

quanchi112
Then we have to take into consideration the "Last Galactus story"

Where he became the next Multiverse ... that should be his greatest feat. Which story is that one Mr M?

Galan007
Then we have to take into consideration the "Last Galactus story" He had to 'die' for this to become a reality. srsly

So I ask you,
How would that really help him in a battle?

On a side note,
My rant about Galactus in this thread, is in no way an attempt at arguing for the DC side.

Mr Master
Originally posted by quanchi112
Which story is that one Mr M?
That's what it's called, "The Last Galactus Story'

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/8789/tlgs01qa2.th.jpg

Mr Master
He had to 'die' for this to become a reality.
Actually he became the next embodiment of Eternity,
and Nova became the next Galactus.

Galactus didnt die though, he opened his chest,
and out spewd the next Marvel Universe.
(Galactus became the embodiment of the Big Bang)
So I ask you,
How would that really help him in a battle?
No comment ... I was just pointing out big G's greatest feat. smile
On a side note,
My rant about Galactus in this thread, is in no way an attempt at arguing for the DC side.
Me neither, for either.

Galan007
Galactus didn;t die though, he opened his chest,
and out spewd the next Marvel Universe. That's why I put quotes around 'die'... stick out tongue

No comment ... I was just pointing out big G's greatest feat. smile G spawning that Universe should be his best 'self-achieved' feat for sure. thumb up

TricksterPriest
So Galactus wins pretty much. PS was the only thing that makes me iffy on that. I'm sure Spectre or someone high up said that he was abstract level.

Galan007
So Galactus wins pretty much. PS was the only thing that makes me iffy on that. I'm sure Spectre or someone high up said that he was abstract level. Could Galactus kill PS? No way in hell.

But based on feats, would Galactus beat PS? Yeah.

Mr. Slippyfist
So Galactus wins pretty much. PS was the only thing that makes me iffy on that. I'm sure Spectre or someone high up said that he was abstract level. So... Spectre called him a Marvel coined phrase in describing high end cosmics?

janus77
Since we can't answer those q's -- then why bother even bringing up the feat in question?

Sound fair? smile
wasn't the nature of the tampering basically to make Galactus feel insatiable?

if so, and given what kind of mind alterations Galactus did to Surfer, do you think that you can dismiss or even doubt, that Galactus could do that to himself (that is if the mind alteration was necessary, something I don't think it is)?

Galan007
wasn't the nature of the tampering basically to make Galactus feel insatiable?

if so, and given what kind of mind alterations Galactus did to Surfer, do you think that you can dismiss or even doubt, that Galactus could do that to himself (that is if the mind alteration was necessary, something I don't think it is)? The point is not what we think Galactus might be capable of -- it's what we've actually seen him do on panel.

janus77
The point is not what we think Galactus might be capable of -- it's what we've actually seen him do on panel.
Galactus has never fought the Quintessence, so all debate is futile no expression.

you have to extrapolate or else you can't 'imagine' the characters in battle, you have to argue from some basis of course, but not necessarily from an exact parallel (unless one is conveniently on hand, and nobody screams CIS!/PIS!) ...

the nature of Galactus' powers are reason enough to suppose that he could do that if he so decided, the nature of his function in the Marvel universe is such that he won't be doing that any time soon.

Galan007
Galactus has never fought the Quintessence, so all debate is futile no expression.

you have to extrapolate or else you can't 'imagine' the characters in battle, you have to argue from some basis of course, but not necessarily from an exact parallel (unless one is conveniently on hand, and nobody screams CIS!/PIS!) ...

the nature of Galactus' powers are reason enough to suppose that he could do that if he so decided, the nature of his function in the Marvel universe is such that he won't be doing that any time soon. Too many circles. messed

I'm done.

quanchi112
Galactus wins.

Galan007
Yes quanch.

We guessed that was your opinion the first time you said it. none

Madvillain
Galactus fought Agamotto to a stand-still in his own realm.

Don't think they can bring enough magic to seriously trouble Big G.

Galactus 10/10.

quanchi112
Yes quanch.

We guessed that was your opinion the first time you said it. none Dont you agree with me that Galactus wins here anyways. smile

Priest
Dont you agree with me that Galactus wins here anyways. smile
Well do u Galan? stoned

Mr. Slippyfist
Come on Galan, what say you?

Sirius77
He already said that he thought that Galactus would would win in a previous post. Why is everyone asking?

Mindset
What do you think Galan?

Madvillain
Well what do you think?

Galan007
Dont you agree with me that Galactus wins here anyways. smile
Originally posted by Priest
Well do u Galan? stoned
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Come on Galan, what say you?
Originally posted by Mindset
What do you think Galan?
Originally posted by Madvillain
Well what do you think? Geesh... uhuh

Anywho,
All I was doing is debating whether or not we should really use G's feats from the "BCA" -- simply because he had outside assistance...

But like I already mentioned -- even without using said feats, Galactus would still take this, imo. g_grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.