Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
http://www.doomsdayiscoming.com/

going by the trailer it looks like a cross between mad max beyong thunderdome and something equally as bad...set in Glasgow...hahaha...oh how that made me laugh cause as bad as glasgow looks in this film...it isn't as bad as it looks in real life

BackFire
On the contrary, it's supposed to be superb.

It's made by Neil Marshall, who created Dog Soldiers and The Descent, both among the best horror films of the new millennium.

I have high hopes for it, and I think it will be better than what the trailer let's on.

jaden101
Originally posted by BackFire
On the contrary, it's supposed to be superb.

It's made by Neil Marshall, who created Dog Soldiers and The Descent, both among the best horror films of the new millennium.

I have high hopes for it, and I think it will be better than what the trailer let's on.

i hope so...the trailer starts well but finishes laughably badly

and while i think dog soldiers is a great film due to its dark humour....the descent was atrocious...it started well and it played on one of my fears (total darkness and caves) but i had no love for the ending at all

BackFire
Well I thought The Descent was outstanding across the board, and I loved the original ending, very unconventional and thought provoking relating to the theme of the film. The alternate ending, which we got initially here in America, was pretty stupid and cliche, though. Dunno which one you saw.

Even if the premise of doomsday is silly or becomes so, I think Marshall has enough innate talent to make the most of it.

Bloinky
This movie looks interesting.

JediSamuraiMRB
This looks interesting. I loved The Descent so I'll give this a try.

Arachnid1
Virus? Outbreak? City? Quaruntine?

This is sounding a little too much like resident evil but its cool with me. This looks good. I'll go see it.

jaden101
Well I thought The Descent was outstanding across the board, and I loved the original ending, very unconventional and thought provoking relating to the theme of the film. The alternate ending, which we got initially here in America, was pretty stupid and cliche, though. Dunno which one you saw.

Even if the premise of doomsday is silly or becomes so, I think Marshall has enough innate talent to make the most of it.

only saw the UK version...i didn't think the ending was unconventional at all...the dream alternative end style has been used in other genres before...25th hour being an example i can remember of the top of my head

the only difference being it was in a scare tactic ending

and i cant believe people actually think this trailer is "interesting"

exanda kane
British Film so I don't care, I shall see it and buy the DVD perhaps.

MildPossession
Make that the other way around. Not atrocious, but The Descent was way better in all areas compared to DS imo.

I adored The Descent and didn't have a problem with the ending at all, it would have been crap if the whole thing had been a dream, but it was just the part where she escaped that was the dream, so nothing wrong there , so I will be there to see his next movie, hope it turns out good. Been waiting for it for ages.

jaden101
why has the thread title been modified?...am i not allowed to express my opinion on the trailer as i see fit merely because the moderator disagrees with me?

jaden101
Originally posted by exanda kane
British Film so I don't care, I shall see it and buy the DVD perhaps.

i dont like the trailer but i'd never go so far as to make an all encompassing idiotic statement like that

Mairuzu
seriously thought it was resident evil at first

amlap
anyone see this movie yet... i want to check it out but looks like i could seriously be disappointed.

Mark Question
I like apocalypse flicks, but i'm not digging the lead in this one... Granted, she is smokin'.

Solo
I'm sure it's falsely advertised. I like Neil Marshall a good deal, I'll be there.

BackFire
Rather disappointing. Not nearly as good as Marshall's previous films.

Still kinda fun, though. Some fun action and gore, but I was hoping for more.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
The trailer looks laughably bad. It looks like a crappy eighties movie.

amlap
Rather disappointing. Not nearly as good as Marshall's previous films.

Still kinda fun, though. Some fun action and gore, but I was hoping for more.
is it worth an 8 dollar movie ticket?

BackFire
Not really.

Just rent it later.

amlap
thanks smile

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by amlap
is it worth an 8 dollar movie ticket?

$8? S***, IS it worth $9.75?

BruceSkywalker
Saw this earlier today. Liked it, but The Descent is way better. I like Rhona Mitra, but she needed a much stronger story.

chik4lit
Some friends recently dragged me to see Doomsday, and I am so glad they did. It is the best bad movie ever! It goes through at least four different genres. It starts with the viral epidemic wiping out Scotland. Then it moves to the future with the necessary swanky, new gear. Then our heroine comes up against a civilization fo tribal, cannibalistic punk rockers. Then, she gets captured by a medieval society and forced to fight in a gladiator-like arena. There is also a touch of the zombie about it, too.

If you are like me, and you like to have the odd movie where you mostly just laugh when you're not supposed to, see it. You'll love it. Invent a drinking game around it.

Blax_Hydralisk
I'll just tell you before someone else does...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=476184&pagenumber=1

This threads already been created. Up above next to calender is the search function, next time before making a thread like this, check the search function to see if the threads already been made. If it has then just post in that one.

chik4lit
Ah! Sorry. I scanned briefly, but I must have missed it.

Blax_Hydralisk
No problem, ma'am.

chik4lit
Does anybody know what kind of car that was? If a mechanical object can be sexy, then that car was Jessica Alba.

jaden101
it's a bentley continental GT

http://www.transportcafe.co.uk/bentley_cars_military_vehicles_kangoo/bentley_continental_gt_priceless.jpg

chik4lit
Awesome

MildPossession
I saw this yesterday and absolutely loved this movie, it's not as good as his The Descent for me, but still a lot of fun. It's Marshall's homage to the kind of films like Mad Max that he adores apparently.

It's an insane mix of things(the knights the biggest), with a nice bit of gore too and action sequences.

exanda kane
I think my expectations for Neil Marshall's next were too high, and I felt Doomsday was messy because of that.

MildPossession
I don't really have high expectations for films, just go into them and see what happens. The knight scene was a bit strange when we saw the first one on horseback but then Mitra's character pointed out how weird it was, brought me back lol.

I don't usually like her but really enjoyed watching her in this movie, and her eye! ha ha.

Darth Vicious
I just watched it today for the hell of it and it was actually pretty good. It wasnt great by all means but it was pretty entertaining.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.