Thanos vs Apocalypse [H2H]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr. Slippyfist
Not spite first off. Just want to see how high you would have to go to put down Apoc in H2H, and no other names sprung to mind.

Thanos has his 'cosmic' fists. And Apoc can do pretty much anything here physically. From controlling his own body (growing larger, whatever), to making giant fists, or hammers out of his hands, etc. As long as it's not blasts.

They fight in New Jersey.

Who wins?

guy222
thanos

Terryc250
thanos destroys him

Bad Ash231
Purely physical?

I would give it to Apoc, but Thanos is so ridiculously durable and strong that he simply wins this.

llagrok
Thanos doesn't strike me as too resistant to physical attacks. During the Infinity Gauntlet in example, Thor moved and hit him pretty hard a couple of times. As far as energy attacks goes, Thanos' durability seems to be off the charts.

I can only think of two occasions were Thanos has been actually cut. Against the Ovarian mercenaries in Cosmic Power and Wolverine in the Infinity Crusade. So I think that cutting Thanos seems like it's very possible.

Based on all of his showings, I'd say that Thanos is too durable for this fight. Though Apocalypse would probably hang in there for a good while. He one-shotted Colossus after all and took down Ikaris.

SpiderGauntlet
Apoc would last awhile.

Xplosive
Like I said, many already give wins to Thanos, well because he is Thanos.

Originally posted by Terryc250
thanos destroys him

This is one example. Even Thanos wins, it won't be so easily like you say in a pure physical match and he won't destroy him.

illadelph12
I'd say it's a stalemate, personally. If I remember correctly, Gamora was able to physically threaten Thanos through skill, etc., but it's very rare that Thanos has ever been dominated by purely physical means. Likewise for Apocalypse. Apocalypse can't dish out enough purely physical damage to down Thanos, and neither can Thanos to Apocalypse (due to their respective ability sets). Apoc could grow really big and soccer kick Thanos all over a planet and Thanos would just get up and dust himself off. On the other hand, Apoc can morph around or negate the impacts of Thanos' punches through altering his malleability.

I'd say draw.

Xplosive
I also say draw. Thanos would see he won't do anything physically to Apocalypse, that it would be pointless to continue the battle with only his brute strength, then would begin to use his other powers.

llagrok
Apocalypse could possibly cut Thanos though.

Bouboumaster
If Thanos amp, he one shot Apoc.

If not, we would assist to a good match.

Madvillain
Thanos breaks him in half.

Madvillain
Originally posted by llagrok
Apocalypse could possibly cut Thanos though.

You can't be serious.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Madvillain
Thanos breaks him in half.

That would be sort of impossible on a guy who is basically Mr. Fantastic on steroids. ermm

stick out tongue

You can't be serious.

Has Thanos' skin shown to be resistant to sharp objects? uhuh

Madvillain
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
That would be sort of impossible on a guy who is basically Mr. Fantastic on steroids. ermm

stick out tongue

Has Thanos' skin shown to be resistant to sharp objects? uhuh

Do you really want me to start listing Thanos durability feats, and have to stack them up against a character who ducks from tables thrown at him?

There is a difference between cutting and piercing mind you.

Madvillain
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3087/fight82od2.jpg

He'd get the Champion treatment.

quanchi112
Purely physical?

I would give it to Apoc, but Thanos is so ridiculously durable and strong that he simply wins this. Nice sig.

Bad Ash231
against a character who ducks from tables thrown at him?

Having reflexes is a bad thing?

And that would be a table...

The table thing is completely irrelevant, anyway, since Apoc's good feats out lasts his bad ones...

Bad Ash231
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3087/fight82od2.jpg

He'd get the Champion treatment.

lol Champion...

Madvillain
lol Champion...

lol Apocalypse.

Bad Ash231
edit.

LORD B
edit.
nice sig thumb up

thanos ftw,but apoc would give him a good h2h2 battle for a while imho

quanchi112
Thanos does win. Inhuman makes awesome sigs.

LORD B
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos does win. Inhuman makes awesome sigs.
agreed,on both counts

illadelph12
Does Apocalypse morphing his hand into a drill or spike and impaling Thanos through the chest (a la Drax with his bare hands) count as a physical attack? If so, it's definitely an option.

Particularly considering that Apocalypse can morph himself extra limbs to grapple with Thanos to keep his arms busy and unable to defend himself (as he did to Ikaris).

Not the most popular outcome, but very feasible, regardless of Thanos's popularity.

quanchi112
Originally posted by illadelph12
Does Apocalypse morphing his hand into a drill or spike and impaling Thanos through the chest (a la Drax with his bare hands) count as a physical attack? If so, it's definitely an option.

Particularly considering that Apocalypse can morph himself extra limbs to grapple with Thanos to keep his arms busy and unable to defend himself (as he did to Ikaris).

Not the most popular outcome, but very feasible, regardless of Thanos's popularity. The only person who could punch through Thanos's back was Drax. Apocalypse couldnt hurt him really at all. If Odin failed to put him down and had ample time how much damage do you think Apoc could really do.

LORD B

Not the most popular outcome, but very feasible, regardless of Thanos's popularity.

i doubt it,draxs sole purpose for living was to kill thanos,he was created specific to be the one to kill thanos,kinda like his kryptonite.

celestialdemon
Thanos wins this 10/10.

quanchi112
Originally posted by LORD B
i doubt it,draxs sole purpose for living was to kill thanos,he was created specific to be the one to kill thanos,kinda like his kryptonite. Exaclty making it impossible for any other character to duplicate what Drax did in that story. Not to mention Thanos had his back turned.

Madvillain
Thanos does win.

thumb up

TricksterPriest

Problem is that Thanos has complete molecular control of his body. Which Drax was able to negate. So basically, it's a contest of last man standing.

Apoc can last awhile, but ultimately, I for one do not put his stamina over Thanos.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Problem is that Thanos has complete molecular control of his body. Which Drax was able to negate. So basically, it's a contest of last man standing.

Apoc can last awhile, but ultimately, I for one do not put his stamina over Thanos. His stamina isnt even close to Thanos's.

llagrok

Apoc can last awhile, but ultimately, I for one do not put his stamina over Thanos.

Really now, Thanos has complete molecular control of his body? roll eyes (sarcastic)

TricksterPriest
He's an eternal, it's a given.

Bad Ash231
His stamina isnt even close to Thanos's.

What are Thanos' stamina feats?

A young Apocalypse before discovering his powers or encountering Celestial technology went on for weeks without food or water and never tired.

llagrok

Thanos has a lot of good stamina feats as far as energy blasts go.

He doesn't seem to be that hard to hurt physically though.

A young Apocalypse before discovering his powers or encountering Celestial technology went on for weeks without food or water and never tired.

And the only way to kill an eternal is the scatter their molecules across the universes. Didn't have to go that far to kill Thanos though smile

Apocalypse didn't have to scatter Ikaris across the universe to kick his ass either.

Bad Ash231

Has he actually shown it?

I don't think Thanos has shown flight, which is a common ability for the Eternals.

Madvillain

Thanos has no need for food or water and has fought the likes of classic Drax till the planet they were on was destroyed.

He has enough durability/stamina to go up against a full powered Tyrant (nearly at the level of Galactus).

How is that?

quanchi112

A young Apocalypse before discovering his powers or encountering Celestial technology went on for weeks without food or water and never tired. It doesnt really matter now does it. What does having gone weeks without food or water have to do with who wins this thread. Thanos can take a whole lot more than Apoc can dish out. Case closed. Thanos wins this and easily.

Madvillain
Has he actually shown it?

I don't think Thanos has shown fight, which is a common ability for the Eternals.

Not all all Eternals fly, like Druig, Sprite, Zuras etc.

psycho gundam
written properly, draw. and for all the apocalypse haters, nur can grow to celestial hight and just play whack a mole on the titan, though thanos would still survive

Mindset
Originally posted by psycho gundam
written properly, draw. and for all the apocalypse haters, nur can grow to celestial hight and just play whack a mole on the titan, though thanos would still survive

no

psycho gundam
why not? explain

Bad Ash231
Thanos has no need for food or water

So doesn't Apocalypse, apparently.

and has fought the likes of classic Drax till the planet they were on was destroyed.

He has enough durability/stamina to go up against a full powered Tyrant (nearly at the level of Galactus).

How is that?

Damn Dragonball power levels, I'd say!

It doesnt really matter now does it.

Well, you bothered to mention it...

llagrok
Thanos has no need for food or water and has fought the likes of classic Drax till the planet they were on was destroyed.

How is that?

What do you think hurts someone who can manipulate and absorb energy the most?

Being punched or being shot at with an energy beam?

Madvillain

Damn Dragonball power levels, I'd say!

Are you trying to be funny, display how little you know?

I don't get it.

Madvillain
What do you think hurts someone who can manipulate and absorb energy the most?

Being punched or being shot at with an energy beam?

That logic does not even begin to make any sense.

Bad Ash231
Are you trying to be funny, display how little you know?

I don't get it.

No, I'm saying damn Dragonball power levels...

llagrok
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/CP19941-0007.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/CP19941-0008.jpg

celestialdemon
Thanos was able to hold himself together while reality tried to distort him. I'd say that's pretty good molecular control.

llagrok
Yeah, he has good resistance against reality warping.

He can be cut though.

batdude123
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Not spite first off. Just want to see how high you would have to go to put down Apoc in H2H, and no other names sprung to mind.

Thanos has his 'cosmic' fists. And Apoc can do pretty much anything here physically. From controlling his own body (growing larger, whatever), to making giant fists, or hammers out of his hands, etc. As long as it's not blasts.

They fight in New Jersey.

Who wins?

Apocalypse.

He grows to the size of Galactus, creates 10 extra appendages in the shape of sledgehammers, amps his strength x20, and then strikes Thanos with all his might....

... Thanos then smiles, and one shots him.

llagrok
Hey, if Thor can knock down Thanos smile

Bad Ash231
Don't bother, batdude...

Bran is just a biased Apoc fanboy.

llagrok
Magneto wins dur

Priest
Hey, if Thor can knock down Thanos smile
Thor =/= Apocalypse

batdude123
lol Champion...

lol Apocalypse.

crylaugh

Owned.

llagrok
Originally posted by Priest
Thor =/= Apocalypse

You're right, Thor is weaker 313

batdude123

http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unlimitedaccess4p319bg.jpg

haermm2

llagrok
Can I blame Apocalypse for being black? laughing out loud

celestialdemon
Yeah, he has good resistance against reality warping.

He can be cut though.

No doubt, but so can Apocalypse.

llagrok
Originally posted by celestialdemon
No doubt, but so can Apocalypse.

Which helps Thanos how?

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by batdude123
crylaugh

Owned.

Shut your whore mouth, Magnetophile. uhuh

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by batdude123
http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unlimitedaccess4p319bg.jpg

haermm2

Darkseid was hardly hurt?

A low feat for Magneto. biscuits

celestialdemon
Which helps Thanos how?

The same way Thanos bleeding helps Apocalypse.

Xplosive

He didn't go against FP Tyrant. He would be destroyed in the first second.

llagrok
Originally posted by Xplosive
He didn't go against FP Tyrant. He would be destroyed in the first second.

And Thanos even needed a powerup to take on Tyrant. I reread the Cosmic Power comics and it's clear that Thanos was using the orb as a weapon. He even discussed how it could be turned against Tyrant with Terrax.

The same way Thanos bleeding helps Apocalypse.

What will Thanos cut Apocalypse with?

Wally West
Thanos used the orb as an offensive weapon, but theres nothing to suggest his durablity or stamina was enhanced by the orb. That was all Thanos. And since the orb only contained a fraction of Morg's energy how much could it really power Thanos up anyway?

As for Thanos bleeding, it irrelevant, he can just heal himself from any cuts. He smiled when the Ovan fighter cut him, he wasn't affected by it, the same when Wolverine cut him, it didn't hinder him at all (but the power gem could have helped on that one for all we know). If he can pull his body back together from reality warping why would cuts to his skin affect him any worse? Drax is the only person who can kill Thanos physically like that, and thats soley because it was his destiny/he was the silver bullet.

llagrok
Originally posted by Wally West
Thanos used the orb as an offensive weapon, but theres nothing to suggest his durablity or stamina was enhanced by the orb. That was all Thanos. And since the orb only contained a fraction of Morg's energy how much could it really power Thanos up anyway?

As for Thanos bleeding, it irrelevant, he can just heal himself from any cuts. He smiled when the Ovan fighter cut him, he wasn't affected by it, the same when Wolverine cut him, it didn't hinder him at all (but the power gem could have helped on that one for all we know). If he can pull his body back together from reality warping why would cuts to his skin affect him any worse? Drax is the only person who can kill Thanos physically like that, and thats soley because it was his destiny/he was the silver bullet.

Eeeeeh..

The orb didn't JUST contain Morg's energy, but the energy of the others he had consumed as well. That's the reason why Thanos wanted it in the first place and why Tyrant even bothered with it. When the Ovin mercenary cut Thanos, he was obviously upset, hence why he resorted to blasting him. Thanos was still bleeding on his Ship, later on.

janus77
Thanos for the win. easy. spite.

let's see Apocalypse try and blast Galactus off his feet and then survive even ONE counter-blast from Galactus.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by janus77
spite.

Not spite first off.

mhmm

let's see Apocalypse try and blast Galactus off his feet and then survive even ONE counter-blast from Galactus.

Thanos had his force field up, though.

llagrok
Thanos for the win. easy. spite.

Oh, so energy blasts are allowed?

And forcefields?

En Sabah Nur X
apc

quanchi112
Originally posted by En Sabah Nur X
apc Who has Apoc defeated thats around Thanos level.

llagrok
Who has Apoc defeated thats around Thanos level.

Who on Thanos' level has Thanos defeated?

iceman24567
Who on Thanos' level has Thanos defeated? Lulzurs

llagrok
Originally posted by iceman24567
Lulzurs

Seriously, answer the question. Who on Thanos' level has Thanos ever beaten?

Either way I don't see how that's relevant in a thread where they will be duking it out physically, hand to hand.

iceman24567
Seriously, answer the question. Who on Thanos' level has Thanos ever beaten?

Either way I don't see how that's relevant in a thread where they will be duking it out physically, hand to hand. You got me stumped. confused

illadelph12
I don't see how people can claim that Drax is the only character that can harm Thanos physically when he's been physically harmed (bludgeoned and cut), on panel, by other characters such as Gamora and Wolverine. Impalement and cutting are in the same vein of attack, and it's been proven that characters other than Drax are capable of doing so. I see no logical reason why Apocalypse shouldn't be able to impale Thanos. Silver bullet or not, an arm through the chest is an arm through the chest, and claws to the grill is claws to the grill. Apocalypse was also able to impale Ikaris, also an Eternal, through the chest by morphing his own chest into a spike while he bear hugged Ikaris. I think it's feasible. Unpopular, but feasible. I still see the battle as a draw, however, but some of you are grasping at straws with your explanations of Thanos not being able to be effected through physically means when on panel evidence would contradict that.

quanchi112
Who on Thanos' level has Thanos defeated? He beat on a power gem crazed Thor. Thor with the power gem was up their. the point is that Thanos plays with guys above Apoc's level. He gets into it with Odin and Tyrant while Apoc is too busy figuring out a way to kill Dracula. laughing out loud

quanchi112
I don't see how people can claim that Drax is the only character that can harm Thanos physically when he's been physically harmed (bludgeoned and cut), on panel, by other characters such as Gamora and Wolverine. Impalement and cutting are in the same vein of attack, and it's been proven that characters other than Drax are capable of doing so. I see no logical reason why Apocalypse shouldn't be able to impale Thanos. Silver bullet or not, an arm through the chest is an arm through the chest, and claws to the grill is claws to the grill. Apocalypse was also able to impale Ikaris, also an Eternal, through the chest by morphing his own chest into a spike while he bear hugged Ikaris. I think it's feasible. Unpopular, but feasible. I still see the battle as a draw, however, but some of you are grasping at straws with your explanations of Thanos not being able to be effected through physically means when on panel evidence would contradict that. There is absolutely no way that Apoc could replicate Drax's feat let alone that it wasnt even during a fight but rather a cheapshot. you seem to want to ignore Drax's unique situation. That is like saying another substance similar to kryptonite could have the same effect on him. Nope just kryptonite.

llagrok
He beat on a power gem crazed Thor. Thor with the power gem was up their. the point is that Thanos plays with guys above Apoc's level. He gets into it with Odin and Tyrant while Apoc is too busy figuring out a way to kill Dracula. laughing out loud

You really need an update mate

It's been several hundred years since Apoc fought Dracula.

quanchi112
You really need an update mate

It's been several hundred years since Apoc fought Dracula. But it still occurred. Thanos fought Thor years ago as well. Thanos has upgraded his powers since then as well.

Ok I have already tol dyou of impressive characters that Thanos has owned. Gimme some names of guys Apoc has handled.

llagrok
But it still occurred. Thanos fought Thor years ago as well. Thanos has upgraded his powers since then as well.

Ok I have already tol dyou of impressive characters that Thanos has owned. Gimme some names of guys Apoc has handled.

Apocalypse fought the high evolutionary evenly.

illadelph12
There is absolutely no way that Apoc could replicate Drax's feat let alone that it wasnt even during a fight but rather a cheapshot. you seem to want to ignore Drax's unique situation. That is like saying another substance similar to kryptonite could have the same effect on him. Nope just kryptonite.

Drax isn't the only person who has cut Thanos...

quanchi112
Drax isn't the only person who has cut Thanos... He is the only one who has killed him. The others were able to cause him to bleed but come nowhere near killing Thanos. Apoc doesnt have a chance. Thanos is out of his league.

Bad Ash231
Apocalypse fought the high evolutionary evenly.

Prime Eternal Ikaris...

quanchi112
Apocalypse fought the high evolutionary evenly. High Evolutionary isnt even close to the level of Tyrant or Odin.

llagrok
High Evolutionary isnt even close to the level of Tyrant or Odin.

He's the same level as Tyrant.

And unlike Thanos' fight with Odin, Apocalypse was giving as good as he was getting.

illadelph12
He is the only one who has killed him. The others were able to cause him to bleed but come nowhere near killing Thanos. Apoc doesnt have a chance. Thanos is out of his league.

Impalement is impalement, whether it be by Drax's hand or Apocalypse's.

Can Thanos survive being impaled through the chest? On panel evidence would suggest otherwise.

quanchi112

And unlike Thanos' fight with Odin, Apocalypse was giving as good as he was getting. High evolutionary is not on the same level os Tyrant. Negative. Tyrant was beating up on Galactus and owning heralds with ease. Nope.

quanchi112
Impalement is impalement, whether it be by Drax's hand or Apocalypse's.

Can Thanos survive being impaled through the chest? On panel evidence would suggest otherwise. Only Drax could impale Thanos like that is my whole point. Did you see the special energy around him as he accomplished this. Its not like it was just a simple punch. He is his personal kryptonite.

Bad Ash231

And unlike Thanos' fight with Odin, Apocalypse was giving as good as he was getting.

Same level as Tyrant? That's a hell of a stretch.

llagrok
High evolutionary is not on the same level os Tyrant. Negative. Tyrant was beating up on Galactus and owning heralds with ease. Nope.

The high evolutionary has threatened Galactus cool

Xplosive
He beat on a power gem crazed Thor. Thor with the power gem was up their. the point is that Thanos plays with guys above Apoc's level. He gets into it with Odin and Tyrant while Apoc is too busy figuring out a way to kill Dracula.

Apocalypse never really had a slight trouble actually killing Dracula.
Dracula was afraid to go in the battle against him, he had a plan.

And Apocalypse was weakened at the time.

Apocalypse would be a tough match for Thanos in H2H.

High Evolutionary is a powerful, but I wouldn't say on Tyrant level, but neither is Thanos.

illadelph12
Only Drax could impale Thanos like that is my whole point. Did you see the special energy around him as he accomplished this. Its not like it was just a simple punch. He is his personal kryptonite.

On panel Drax is not the only character capable of cutting, bludgeoning, or physically harming Thanos. He's simply the only character depicted killing him in such a manner, not the only character capable. It's been proven that other characters can and have physically harmed him, caused him to bleed, cut him, etc. Impalement is the same means of injury. It's simply a puncture wound, and characters other than Drax have been capable of doing so.

As I said, not the popular line of reasoning, but feasible, particularly considering there's no evidence to counter the contention.

Mindset
Doesn't the closer Drax gets to Thanos the more his power increases?

And who besides Wolverine and Drax have stabbed Thanos?

Bad Ash231
Apoc is too busy figuring out a way to kill Dracula. laughing out loud

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8227/drac1mf7di2.jpg

shifty

llagrok
High Evolutionary is a powerful, but I wouldn't say on Tyrant level, but neither is Thanos.

Agreed.

quanchi112
The high evolutionary has threatened Galactus cool Who hasnt. Anyways, Galactus knew he was coming and fed right before he showed up. Tyrant was kicking his ass. To say High Evolutionary is even close to Tyrant's level is absurd.

llagrok
Who hasnt. Anyways, Galactus knew he was coming and fed right before he showed up. Tyrant was kicking his ass. To say High Evolutionary is even close to Tyrant's level is absurd.

Really now?

It seems like you're just disregarding feats. First you claim that Tyrant challenging Galactus is a feat, then I tell you High E has and suddenly it's not a feat anymore smile

quanchi112
On panel Drax is not the only character capable of cutting, bludgeoning, or physically harming Thanos. He's simply the only character depicted killing him in such a manner, not the only character capable. It's been proven that other characters can and have physically harmed him, caused him to bleed, cut him, etc. Impalement is the same means of injury. It's simply a puncture wound, and characters other than Drax have been capable of doing so.

As I said, not the popular line of reasoning, but feasible, particularly considering there's no evidence to counter the contention. Ok you would have to prove Apoc is capable then of being able to impale Thanos. You cant prove this. Thanos has survived far worse than Apoc. He beats him down with ease.

Again lets just examine the silver bullet theory for a moment. If a regular bullet hits a werewolf does it cause him to bleed? Ok but does it injure him. Now picture a silver bullet oneshotting a werewolf. See the difference. Drax was the silver bullet and while others could indeed make him bleed no one else could tear out his heart. wink Plus he was cheapshotted. stick out tongue

quanchi112
Really now?

It seems like you're just disregarding feats. First you claim that Tyrant challenging Galactus is a feat, then I tell you High E has and suddenly it's not a feat anymore smile Post the scans. Now did Galactus know High Evolutionary was coming?

illadelph12
Ok you would have to prove Apoc is capable then of being able to impale Thanos. You cant prove this. Thanos has survived far worse than Apoc. He beats him down with ease.

Again lets just examine the silver bullet theory for a moment. If a regular bullet hits a werewolf does it cause him to bleed? Ok but does it injure him. Now picture a silver bullet oneshotting a werewolf. see the difference. Drax was the silver bullet and while others could indeed make him bleed no one else could tear out his heart. wink Plus he was cheapshotted. stick out tongue

Simple, actually.

Thanos has been cut and impaled. Apocalypse has a means to cut and/or impale him.

There's no evidence whatsoever that Drax is the only character capable of impaling him, additionally, on panel evidence clearly shows other characters besides Drax being capable of bludgeoning and cutting him. Moreover, Apocalypse has, on panel, impaled another Eternal, Ikaris, through the chest via a spike applied during a bear hug.

Furthermore, regardless of whether it's Drax removing his heart or another character is inconsequential, the on panel evidence would clearly suggest that characters other than Drax can harm him by these means due to his prior injuries. Impalement is simply a puncture wound, and Thanos's body has been compromised by these means priorly by other characters. There is no evidence that would suggest that if any character other than Drax impaled him he would shrug it off because they are not his "kryptonite", and alternately, there is evidence that clearly depicts other characters without Drax's properties have harmed Thanos, and heart removal is a fatal wound, regardless of the source.

So, as I'll state again, it's not the most popular outcome, but it's feasible, and the evidence to support it exists, regardless of popular opinion.

Acrosurge
There is no evidence that would suggest that if any character other than Drax impaled him he would shrug it off because they are not his "kryptonite", and alternately, there is evidence that clearly depicts other characters without Drax's properties have harmed Thanos, and heart removal is a fatal wound, regardless of the source.

So, as I'll state again, it's not the most popular outcome, but it's feasible, and the evidence to support it exists, regardless of popular opinion. This is full of a good deal of speculation. Who has punctured Thanos other than Drax (who has been stated to be Thanos's Silver Bullet and the only being that could do what he did to the Titan) and fatally harmed him?

Papa Smurph
Wolverine almost did it

when he was nigh omnipotent

Papa Smurph
Thanos states if Gamora was stronger she could have killed him

with a nerve touch

celestialdemon

What will Thanos cut Apocalypse with?

So it's only possible to make someone bleed by cutting them? You must have missed the several thousand times people have bled just by punching them.

celestialdemon
Who on Thanos' level has Thanos defeated?

Thanos threw down with a Warrior Madness, Power Gem enhanced Thor and held his own. He also physically beat the Surfer to death. Apocalypse on his best day couldn't do that.

StylishSmurph
Originally posted by Papa Smurph
Wolverine almost did it

when he was nigh omnipotent Oh, a man crush.

How cute. doped

llagrok
Thanos threw down with a Warrior Madness, Power Gem enhanced Thor and held his own. He also physically beat the Surfer to death. Apocalypse on his best day couldn't do that.

Thanos had to freeze him with his gun....

Thanos has never killed the Surfer either...

Mindset
Wolverine almost did it

when he was nigh omnipotent

Nigh omnipotence doesn't make you more durable, unless you actually make yourself more durable.

And Wolverine can stab anyone, that's he special move.

celestialdemon

I didn't say he beat him with just his fists. I said he was able to easily hurt and didn't go down to a Thor who was much, much more powerful than Apocalypse.

He beat Surfer bad enough to take him to Death's realm and offer him as a gift. When Death still rejected Thanos, he restored Surfer's life force.

Mindset

He froze him with his gun afer they had fought for awhile and Thanos said he was tired of wasting his time, or something to that effect.

Thanos killing SS, at least that's what the respect thread says, I never read were this fight happened.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6044/fight174kv3.jpg

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3100/fight175ru8.jpg

Mindset

with a nerve touch

Where did this happen?

I hope you aren't talking about this.

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/4470/durability41fl5.jpg

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6082/durability42uw3.jpg

LORD B
Originally posted by Mindset
He froze him with his gun afer they had fought for awhile and Thanos said he was tired of wasting his time, or something to that effect.

Thanos killing SS, at least that's what the respect thread says, I never read were this fight happened.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6044/fight174kv3.jpg

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3100/fight175ru8.jpg

the ss/thanos fight was cosmic powers unlimited

Priest

with a nerve touch
Wrong.

Mr. Slippyfist
Thanos was weaker during Infinity War (Gamora fight).

Thanos was slit by that ax. Slit doesn't equate into a full fledged cut through the body.

Thanos was toying with the heroes in IG #4. And either way, he wasn't fazed by Wolverine.

Drax was stated on panel to be Thanos's silver bullet. Highly irrelevant.

Thanos after entering a black hole only needed to be wiped off. It looked like he healed long before they started to clean him (molecular control).

Just wanted to get those out of the way. Carry on. smile

WhiteWitchKing
Simple, actually.

Thanos has been cut and impaled. Apocalypse has a means to cut and/or impale him.

That's true. What does impaling Thanos or cutting into him matter when he's going to shrug it off?

But Drax has been the only one to kill in that manner and has been stated throughout that comic of Drax's purpose and power. Cutting him is one thing, negating Thanos' regeneration is another, which Drax's new powers allowed him to do it. Heck, it even states by Drax himself that he's Thanos' silver bullet.

Ikaris is nowhere comparable to Thanos. Wolverine shoved his claws into Thanos and it didn't do a thing. Ikaris was on his knees when Apocalypse punctured him.

Err, there's evidence that they've cut into him, but no evidence any of it harmed him. They cut into him and what happens? They got a beat down.

Other characters without Drax's properties have cut him. Wolverine stabbed him in the chest. Nothing happened.

So we can assume that Apocalypse can just stick his claws into Thanos and pull out his heart and ignore where states that Drax is his silver bullet. People have cut him and he's healed from it. There's been three incarnation of Drax and the only one that managed to do so has been the last one. If it's as easy as sticking your hand into Thanos' body and pulling out his heart - the first two would have succeeded. Drax's first incarnation (the dumb one was the second incarnation) ripped apart a star. His most recent is the most physically weakest. Even assuming all versions are physically equal, the last one possesed powers the others don't have to kill Thanos. Everytime he's reborn, Drax's becomes equipped different to destroy Thanos. Hell, that's his purpose in life.

What does Apocalypse have that the first Drax didn't? Physically the first one ripped apart a star and in a fight with Thanos destroyed a planet. That Drax got beaten up numerous times against Thanos (prepower up Thanos). Did the first Drax lack the appendages that the current Drax have?

Apocalypse isn't doing anything to Thanos. Cutting him? Sure. But how affectively will it be before Thanos' body regenerates? As to date, current Drax has been the only person and only version of Drax capable of killing him in that manner.

quanchi112
Wolverine almost did it

when he was nigh omnipotent Thanos stared at him and was not phased by this. wink

quanchi112

Thanos has never killed the Surfer either... He still went toe to toe with him and took his best. Of course he had to use the gun as he couldnt ko Thor with the power gem.

Thanos has beaten the Surfer into submission and it doesnt matter if he has killed him or not before.

quanchi112
Simple, actually.

There's no evidence whatsoever that Drax is the only character capable of impaling him, additionally, on panel evidence clearly shows other characters besides Drax being capable of bludgeoning and cutting him. Moreover, Apocalypse has, on panel, impaled another Eternal, Ikaris, through the chest via a spike applied during a bear hug.

Furthermore, regardless of whether it's Drax removing his heart or another character is inconsequential, the on panel evidence would clearly suggest that characters other than Drax can harm him by these means due to his prior injuries. Impalement is simply a puncture wound, and Thanos's body has been compromised by these means priorly by other characters. There is no evidence that would suggest that if any character other than Drax impaled him he would shrug it off because they are not his "kryptonite", and alternately, there is evidence that clearly depicts other characters without Drax's properties have harmed Thanos, and heart removal is a fatal wound, regardless of the source.

So, as I'll state again, it's not the most popular outcome, but it's feasible, and the evidence to support it exists, regardless of popular opinion. Drax is a unique situation. He is the only one who has killed him in this manner. So therefore its safe to assume its not that easy and the cheapshot thing had something to do with this let alone he had just been resurrected with this ability. For one Apoc isnt going to be facing Thanos with his back turned and even if he was he could barely phase him. Thanos can regenerate. Listen to what the comic is telling you. Drax is the only one who could do it. hence the silver bullet theory.

quanchi112

with a nerve touch Nope incorrect. Thanos was playing around anyways. Preresurrection Thanos killed Gamora anyways when they actually threw down.

Mindset
Nope incorrect. Thanos was playing around anyways. Preresurrection Thanos killed Gamora anyways when they actually threw down.

Thanos didn't say that anyway, he said it would have killed anyone weaker than him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Thanos didn't say that anyway, he said it would have killed anyone weaker than him. I know...some people just cant intepret comics sometimes.

psycho gundam
thanos wins. he is just too durable. plus apocalypse is never written properly*. (they forgot to tell us how he "got rid of" thor and company when he took over the world in all those many timelines apocalypse rules over)

janus77
this thread is just ridiculous. hell Surfer could stomp Apocalypse, hand to hand, what does Apocalypse possibly have to offer that is in anyway - +anyway+ - more of a physical threat to Thanos than Surfer was?

might as well have Gambit fight Galactus no expression.

Wally West
I don't see how people can claim that Drax is the only character that can harm Thanos physically when he's been physically harmed (bludgeoned and cut), on panel, by other characters such as Gamora and Wolverine. Impalement and cutting are in the same vein of attack, and it's been proven that characters other than Drax are capable of doing so. I see no logical reason why Apocalypse shouldn't be able to impale Thanos. Silver bullet or not, an arm through the chest is an arm through the chest, and claws to the grill is claws to the grill. Apocalypse was also able to impale Ikaris, also an Eternal, through the chest by morphing his own chest into a spike while he bear hugged Ikaris. I think it's feasible. Unpopular, but feasible. I still see the battle as a draw, however, but some of you are grasping at straws with your explanations of Thanos not being able to be effected through physically means when on panel evidence would contradict that.
The writer and editor of that particular issue where Drax killed Thanos have explicitly said since Drax was unique and had powers that negated Thanos' powers, force fields and Eternal powers. Drax even says on panal he has Thanos' killing stroke encoded into his DNA. They weren't even subtle about it, they repeated over and over Drax was the only one who could kill Thanos. You remember the green aura around Drax that was never seen before or since that encounter, that was his special Thanos kryptonite kicking in. Drax is just a special case when it comes to Thanos, hell he even physically ripped through Thanos' force fields when even Galactus had to exert himself to pierce them, Drax pulled them apart with his hands like they were nothing, what does that tell you? Current Drax isn't even that strong but Thanos' force fields were like ripping through paper to him.

llagrok
Drax is far from the only one who could kill Thanos.

It's just that killing Thanos was Drax' sole purpose.

janus77

It's just that killing Thanos was Drax' sole purpose.
could Apocalypse kill Thanos?
is Apocalypse more powerful than Odin? is that what you're getting at?

llagrok
could Apocalypse kill Thanos?
is Apocalypse more powerful than Odin? is that what you're getting at?

Was Odin physically trying to hurt Thanos?
Thanos who can absorb/redirect energy pretty easily?

Like I've made it clear a bunch of times earlier, I think Thanos is far easier to hurt physically.

Terryc250
Like I said, many already give wins to Thanos, well because he is Thanos.

This is one example. Even Thanos wins, it won't be so easily like you say in a pure physical match and he won't destroy him.
Thanos beat the silver surfer to death.. hes insane durability took multiple shots from Odin, and Thanos was still standing.

llagrok
Originally posted by Terryc250
Thanos beat the silver surfer to death.. hes insane durability took multiple shots from Odin, and Thanos was still standing.

And Thanos has been sent far back by hits from Thor.

Logic, eh?

Thanos doesn't have a lot of good physical showings.

quanchi112

It's just that killing Thanos was Drax' sole purpose. Drax was the only one who could tear Thanos' heart out in the way he did it. Apoc has no chance here.

quanchi112
And Thanos has been sent far back by hits from Thor.

Logic, eh?

Thanos doesn't have a lot of good physical showings. What?

quanchi112
Was Odin physically trying to hurt Thanos?
Thanos who can absorb/redirect energy pretty easily?

Like I've made it clear a bunch of times earlier, I think Thanos is far easier to hurt physically. When does Odin try to get all physical on opponents. Seriously, who has beaten the shit out of Thanos physically then. I want to hear this. I cant believe this thread has gone on as long as it has considering this is kinda spite here. Thanos would absolutely decimate Apocalypse.

Papa Smurph
Nope incorrect. Thanos was playing around anyways. Preresurrection Thanos killed Gamora anyways when they actually threw down.

"That attack would have killed anyone but me"

seems more like a testament to Gamora not being strong enough to hurt him.

llagrok
When does Odin try to get all physical on opponents. Seriously, who has beaten the shit out of Thanos physically then. I want to hear this. I cant believe this thread has gone on as long as it has considering this is kinda spite here. Thanos would absolutely decimate Apocalypse.

Odin doesn't. This doesn't mean that Thanos can't absorb and/or redirect energy, now does it?

Nobody has beaten Thanos physically, bar Drax. Just like no one has ever beaten Apocalypse physically, no one. Unfortunately for Thanos, he won't get to use his forcefields and energyblasts like he did against the Champion.

Mr. Slippyfist
And Thanos has been sent far back by hits from Thor. With the Power Gem... lulz. Also, he was sent on his knees from Cyclops in the same issue...
And unless he was absolutely toying with them (which seems like the case), logic dictates that it's pis (the whole issue).

smile

Just like no one has ever beaten Apocalypse physically, no one. Unfortunately for Thanos, he won't get to use his forcefields and energyblasts like he did against the Champion. Cable had a good run with him... ermm

So... Apoc is as strong, and durable as Champion with the PG?

Bad Ash231
Cable had a good run with him... ermm

You mean the time when Apoc needed him for the Twelve and Cable broke his bones hitting him?

Mr. Slippyfist
You mean the time when Apoc needed him for the Twelve and Cable broke his bones hitting him? And yet, Apoc still took him out?

Bad Ash231
And yet, Apoc still took him out?

He took him down...

Mr. Slippyfist
He took him down... After a seemingly hard fight.

Him needing him for the Twelve is sort of... ruled out by him taking Cable out.

Bad Ash231
After a seemingly hard fight.

Cable threw a punch or two at Apoc. Cable then tried to use his Psimitar, but to no avail.

That's it.

Cable didn't do any damage to him, and it looked like he was avoiding Apoc's own punches.

Well, Cable has been kicked by the Hulk once... and wasn't knocked out...

Mindset

seems more like a testament to Gamora not being strong enough to hurt him.

Causing damage by hitting nerve clusters is not dependant on strength, her strength was sufficient, it's just that attack couldn't kill him.

llagrok
After a seemingly hard fight.

Let's not forget that Cable used the Psimitar, which automatically channels all of his psionic energy or something.

With the Power Gem... lulz. Also, he was sent on his knees from Cyclops in the same issue...
And unless he was absolutely toying with them (which seems like the case), logic dictates that it's pis (the whole issue).

Cable had a good run with him... ermm

So... Apoc is as strong, and durable as Champion with the PG?

Thanos used energy blasts and force fields against the champion. He won't have them here. Apocalypse' durability doesn't have to be as good as the Champion's either, since Apoc's body is about as malleable as Mr.Fantastic's.

WhiteWitchKing

Yeah, the other guy was Warlock with the Soul Gem. roll eyes (sarcastic)

If that's the case, Drax's first incarnation would've done so. The one that ripped apart a star. How strong Apocalyspe again? 'Cause a weaker Thanos fought and beat 1st Drax, shattering a planet in the fight. Second Drax was also a powerhouse and how successful? It's always been his sole purpose to kill Thanos. They only one successful is the current one.

Apocalypse is beating a more powerful Thanos physically when a Drax that could rip a star couldn't even beat the weaker Thanos?

llagrok
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Yeah, the other guy was Warlock with the Soul Gem. roll eyes (sarcastic)

If that's the case, Drax's first incarnation would've done so. The one that ripped apart a star. How strong Apocalyspe again? 'Cause a weaker Thanos fought and beat 1st Drax, shattering a planet in the fight. Second Drax was also a powerhouse and how successful? It's always been his sole purpose to kill Thanos. They only one successful is the current one.

Apocalypse is beating a more powerful Thanos physically when a Drax that could rip a star couldn't even beat the weaker Thanos?

- Apocalypse won't just use punches, he'll cut Thanos as well.
- Apocalypse is class 100+

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
If that's the case, Drax's first incarnation would've done so.

I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.

quanchi112

seems more like a testament to Gamora not being strong enough to hurt him. The attack failed against him and nowhere did it say that if she were stronger that it would have killed him.

quanchi112
Odin doesn't. This doesn't mean that Thanos can't absorb and/or redirect energy, now does it?

Nobody has beaten Thanos physically, bar Drax. Just like no one has ever beaten Apocalypse physically, no one. Unfortunately for Thanos, he won't get to use his forcefields and energyblasts like he did against the Champion. The difference is that Thanos operates on a higher level than Apoc. Just even arguing that Apoc has a chance against Thanos makes me giggle.

Champion had the power gem. Do you know how much of an amp that the power gem is?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>