Dante vs Ryu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tenfrente
All powers. I know most people probably think Hayabusa would win. Both participants get all of their weaps, from all of their games.

Wandering Flame
Hey, you might want to check if a thread already exists first since, duplicates are not allowed.

Use the search on the top right of the page. The options there are self explanatory really.

And Dante curbs in this match.

Csdabest
Dante definetly wins but not Curbs. But that due to his healing factor, and his transformation

If dante was only given his healing factor or no healing factor and it was jsut regular dante. Ryubusa would definetly come out on top. But then again. Ryubusa can suck out Dante Soul with the Kietsu. Cut him down with the omnipotent True Dragon Sword. Because weather yall like it or not Dante is quite evil being a demon and all. No such thing as a good demon. And has multiple attacks that can evicerate Dante.

Thing is Dante does aswell but his healing factor and transformation gives him the edge. But the again. Ryubusa can use the DDB and become the Devil Incarnate and destroy the world with dante along with it.

Dante win 6/10 or 7/10 but i shall say 6.5/10

Burning thought
thats not fair, you could have a good demon......

Csdabest
You can have a Demon do good things. But most of the time they do good things for their own wicked purposes. ^_^

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Csdabest
You can have a Demon do good things. But most of the time they do good things for their own wicked purposes. ^_^

Dante's not called a "kind" devil for being a trashtalking punk-rock bounty hunter twenty four seven. Hell, his "purpose" for becoming a demon hunter is because he wanted to get rid of evil demons, like the ones who killed his mother (think Batman).

As for the fight, think the scene in Ninja Gaiden where Ryu first "fought" Doku, and add maybe a couple extra minutes to it.

There's the fight between these two at its most shamelessly analytical. Dante at base form is already faster than Ryu, is at least as agile, clearly stronger physically (though it may or may not be by TOO much, neither have seemed nearly as physically strong as, say, Kratos), and he has the gun-totting skill of five Gamovs. At their full power, the fight is basically a seeing competition between a hawk and a mole. No offense to Ryu, I mean, he'd still kick your @$$es and mine with just a wooden sword.

And for the record, NG probably has one of my favorite combat systems in gaming since the damn function was introduced.

Csdabest
Dante base form is not faster than Ryubusa. Ryu is faster than Dante base form not by alot but their speed is high comparibe. Dante just has flashy combos that make its look faster,. Also Gun fire is not going to bring Dante down. its just going to make Dante vulnerable

Csdabest
Oh yeah. Dante still wins thought. Just because full power is inclined. Ryu busa needs a nice transformation other than DDB.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Csdabest
Dante base form is not faster than Ryubusa. Ryu is faster than Dante base form not by alot but their speed is high comparibe. Dante just has flashy combos that make its look faster,. Also Gun fire is not going to bring Dante down. its just going to make Dante vulnerable

Dante's speed is definately beyond Ryu's in most categories (most of Ryu's speed feats are the result of a ninpo IIRC, which he wouldn't have enough time to cast against the likes of Dante) Dante's forward dashing is at least as fast as Ryu's. If anything, Dante's "flashier" combos just attest to the fact that he can swordfight while making a game out of it just as well as he can if he were taking the fight seriously. Ryu's disciplined as hell, he makes Dante look like a kindergartener in terms of discipline and seriousness (one of two of the most serious Action Genre protagonists), so it's not a surprise that he'll take the battle seriously.

As for gunfire, it's not as if Ryu's ever been up agianst a gunman like Dante, who at the least managed to shoot away an incoming motorcycly with them while he was impaled through the stomach by his father's sword ("Time to go to work, guys ."wink. As I said before, he's basically five times the gun-totter Gamov was. And it won't make him vulnerable when he's abel to basicaly rush off maybe 80% of Ryu's weapons no matter the speed at which it's cut and the only weapons that seem large enough TO sever something of Dante's aren't fast enough, nor does he have the means to get close enough to use them.

But that's not even them at their full power.

Csdabest
Im saying that so far in my opinion Ryubusa is faster than Base Dante. But not by alot. Dante speed really starts to take off in Devil Trigger, and Quiklsivler mode along with Super Sparda. But if Ryu is not faster than base dante now. He definetkly will be by NGII. As he seems to have recieved a crazy speed boost along with his dashing. But Ryu still needs a super fast transformation

Dark-Jaxx
Dante slows time and severs Ryu's head...

Estacado
Dante.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Dante's speed is definately beyond Ryu's in most categories (most of Ryu's speed feats are the result of a ninpo IIRC, which he wouldn't have enough time to cast against the likes of Dante) Dante's forward dashing is at least as fast as Ryu's. If anything, Dante's "flashier" combos just attest to the fact that he can swordfight while making a game out of it just as well as he can if he were taking the fight seriously. Ryu's disciplined as hell, he makes Dante look like a kindergartener in terms of discipline and seriousness (one of two of the most serious Action Genre protagonists), so it's not a surprise that he'll take the battle seriously.

As for gunfire, it's not as if Ryu's ever been up agianst a gunman like Dante, who at the least managed to shoot away an incoming motorcycly with them while he was impaled through the stomach by his father's sword ("Time to go to work, guys ."wink. As I said before, he's basically five times the gun-totter Gamov was. And it won't make him vulnerable when he's abel to basicaly rush off maybe 80% of Ryu's weapons no matter the speed at which it's cut and the only weapons that seem large enough TO sever something of Dante's aren't fast enough, nor does he have the means to get close enough to use them.

But that's not even them at their full power.

Agree, pretty much.

Wandering Flame
Ryu's speed was never a result of ninpo. erm

And it's not the heaviest weapons that will do the most effect. Rather, it's the lightest weapons that will, those being the True Dragon Sword and Kitetsu (minus the Dark Dragon Blade which, should not be used in any thread regarding Ryu Hayabusa).

Dante still wins however.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Wandering Flame
Ryu's speed was never a result of ninpo. erm

And it's not the heaviest weapons that will do the most effect. Rather, it's the lightest weapons that will, those being the True Dragon Sword and Kitetsu (minus the Dark Dragon Blade which, should not be used in any thread regarding Ryu Hayabusa).

Dante still wins however.

The last time I checked, I thought most of his in-game UT's (where alot of his speed is shown, possibly exaggerated, not to sound like an @$$) had to do with Ninpo.

And when I say "large weapons", I mean that their width seems good enough to actually cut Dante's limbs off permanently in the right situation, but against Dante, the situation's not likely to rise up.

Granted, it's been ages since I've played either game (more than half a year), but I don't think my memory's that rusty.

Dark-Jaxx
He doesn't use ninpo for speed. laughing out loud

Who else?
Dante...

Classic NES
Who else? Your back?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.