The Forbidden Kingdom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D-Wag
The Forbidden Kingdom

Clicky Here

Jackie Chan and Jet Li together = awesome

regina414
Prepare for the biggest Asian invasion.

Blax_Hydralisk
Jackie Chan is really old.. this better not be a comedy.

Aizen
This movie does not center around Jackie and Jet, it centers about a boy, anyway dont expect much, Its a children movie with some nice fights and nice humor, I kind though Jet and Jackie would do something more serious together, well either way am gonna see it because I love their work!

Rajendra
I bet I will enjoy to watch this film, so far I cannot give any feed back with regards on this film, because I haven't seen this one yet but I would like too since there is Jacki and Jet Li.it's good to see them together.

JediSamuraiMRB
I hope the fights are good. That'll be the only reason I see this.

Impediment
Woo-Ping Yeun is the fight choreographer, so I thinks that it's safe to assume that we will be treated to some spectacular fight sequences, even if it is a lighthearted fantasy movie.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by Impediment
Woo-Ping Yeun is the fight choreographer, so I thinks that it's safe to assume that we will be treated to some spectacular fight sequences, even if it is a lighthearted fantasy movie.

He choreographs excellent fight scenes..This may be good after all.

SnakeEyes
After watching the trailer, this looks like an instant pass for me.

endrict
I will see it.......but I am iffy about it being a child's movie like The Medallion instead of a serious MA flick like it should be.

regina414
Guess they are targeting for a general patronage or a PG-13 rating, eh?

endrict
Originally posted by regina414
Guess they are targeting for a general patronage or a PG-13 rating, eh?

I don't mind it as PG-13 but it's going to be a kids movie....mad

ragesRemorse
It looks like a good movie for children and maybe even young teens. I wouldnt have the patience for a movie like this though. From the content in the trailer and the movie description on Imdb, a PG-13 rating does seem a bit much.

celestialdemon
This movie definitely seems more aimed towards a younger audience, although I did read one early review that said Jet Li and Jackie Chan do have a killer fight scene that runs around 20 minutes long.

High Priest
looks gay and theres a white boy in it ..

Mairuzu
So its based off the same legend as Dragon ball?

Micheal_Myers
I just hope that the fights arent jam packed full of CGI. You have two of the greatest martial artist/ stuntmen and they better use them! Chans last few movies have been exceedingly dissapointing, due to the lack of actual fighting and just a garbage load of cgi.

kunglu
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
I just hope that the fights arent jam packed full of CGI. You have two of the greatest martial artist/ stuntmen and they better use them! Chans last few movies have been exceedingly dissapointing, due to the lack of actual fighting and just a garbage load of cgi.
From the trailer it looks more like wire work than CGI. I'm kind of looking forward to this because of Jet and Jackie being in it together. I've been waiting for this since Jet and Donnie Yen fought in Hero and then Jackie and Donnie in Shanghai Knights.Tho this movie will probably be more a long Shanghai, than Hero. Hey at least it's not "Gymkata"

WrathfulDwarf
Jet Li and Jackie Chan....I'm there.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Jackie Chan is really old.. this better not be a comedy.

It partially will be. Jackie Chan always provides comic relief. But i'd be nice if he was serious for once. But not in a "Rush Hour" way but in a Jet Li type of way.

But i already seen him use comedy during the trailers, so.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
It partially will be. Jackie Chan always provides comic relief. But i'd be nice if he was serious for once. But not in a "Rush Hour" way but in a Jet Li type of way.

But i already seen him use comedy during the trailers, so.

he was pretty serious in police story, operation condor and supercop

FistOfThe North
True but Jackie's been known more for his comic relief antics which he'll provide in this movie from what i've seen.

But it would've been better if he was serious in this movie like he was in "police story", "operation condor" and "supercop".

chik4lit
Just saw it. Not bad, for a kid's movie. There was a Jet/Jackie fight that ran super long to basically establish that neither is better than the other. The mythology was decent. Images were cool, and the kid wasn't all that bad. He did a lot of his own fighting.

BruceSkywalker
Just came from seeing this. My nephew and I both liked it. Both Chan and Li always amaze me when they do excellent martial arts moves. Colin Chou plays an excellent villain. Liked Michael Angarano's, Crystal Liu YiFei's, and Li BingBing's perfornance's as well. The martial arts fight scenes were good. All in all I'd give it an 8/10 rating

Dusty
This movie is extremely enjoyable. I loved it. I don't usually say this, but, I'd pay to see this movie again.

Impediment
I'll have to wait until this weekend to see this flick. I really wanna go see it.

Mairuzu
The story line was... okay... but the fight scenes were nice

MildPossession
I should see this movie next week sometime.

Amazing scenes.

Outbound
As soon as you see someone like this:

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4895/kidls5.jpg

in a movie with Jet Li & Jackie Chan, you just know its gonna be full of cliche dialogue/scenes and obvious choreography.

Movie looks promising otherwise.

moviebuff1084
The fight scenes were awesome. The plot needed help it was like The neverending story meets LOTR.

Mairuzu
i agree

FistOfThe North
Saw it last night. It was decent watch. Something a guy would go see with his kid nephew, a pre/teen son, or younger cousin.

I like the Jet vS. Jackie fight. Not as hardcore as i wanted it to be, or it should've been, but it still, though partially, satisfied enough.

What was up with Jet urinating on Jackie's face. I though that was crazy in a "wtf?" kinda way, but a moment and a shrug later, i realized that it's just Chinese humor the likes you often see in kung-fu flicks.

That Chinese chick was mad cute. The good girl. She was always good to see.

The movies watchable and tolerable. Just wish it was a rated R type of Jakie Chan/Jet Li movie. o well.

6.5/10

Kazenji
Anyone else seen this film ??

Just seen it myself, Good film

3.5/5

hatredcopter
Was alright. Expected more though.

atv2
Forbidden Kingdom was great. They still got it!

Kazenji
I read somewere the The Weinstein Company is planning on doing more of these type of films some new thing they're trying out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.