Quasar w/Starbrand vs. Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Madvillain
Quasar w/ the Starbrand

vs.

Darkseid

who wins?

starlock
Darkseid for the win

If quasar had full knowledge and controll of the starbrand...he wins
quantum bands and starbrand... he wins

His feats with the starbrand are not good enough to beat darkseid as they are, he had only a tiny portion of it left when he used it to boost his quantum jump from the new universe, on return he transfered it to his girlfriend(who had better feats than he did),after his apparent death..it was the starbrand that brang him back and without the quantum bands it enabled him to function as a hero for a time...still not good enough feats to challenge Darkseid

guy222
Quasar w/SB

Inhuman
Originally posted by guy222
Quasar w/SB

quanchi112
Quasar wins here.

LORD B
Quasar w/SB Originally posted by Inhuman
Originally posted by quanchi112
Quasar wins here.

TricksterPriest
What the f**k? This is BS. Darkseid, a full fledged skyfather, loses to Quasar? Quasar is a great top tier. But that's all. He's just a top tier. And he's severely outgunned in this fight.

Priest
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
What the f**k? This is BS. Darkseid, a full fledged skyfather, loses to Quasar? Quasar is a great top tier. But that's all. He's just a top tier. And he's severely outgunned in this fight.
He has the Starband.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by starlock
Darkseid for the win

If quasar had full knowledge and controll of the starbrand...he wins
quantum bands and starbrand... he wins

His feats with the starbrand are not good enough to beat darkseid as they are, he had only a tiny portion of it left when he used it to boost his quantum jump from the new universe, on return he transfered it to his girlfriend(who had better feats than he did),after his apparent death..it was the starbrand that brang him back and without the quantum bands it enabled him to function as a hero for a time...still not good enough feats to challenge Darkseid

actually, he burned it out mixing the SB AND the QBs to get back to his realm.

just correcting here.

Tazer

TricksterPriest
A fraction of it. And nothing I've seen of the Starbrand's full power puts it over the likes of Darkseid.

guy222
Ereshkigal has the greatest feat with the SB. Threatening the Nexus of all Realities

DS loses

LORD B
Ereshkigal has the greatest feat with the SB. Threatening the Nexus of all Realities

DS loses

didnt LT have to step in?

Madvillain
Originally posted by LORD B
didnt LT have to step in?

You are correct. He placed a barrier over the new univeral earth so the star brands power wouldnt unbalance the multi-verse.

quanchi112
What the f**k? This is BS. Darkseid, a full fledged skyfather, loses to Quasar? Quasar is a great top tier. But that's all. He's just a top tier. And he's severely outgunned in this fight. He loses to Superman and bleeds from Batkicks. Uhm and Quasar has the starbrand. He wins this easily.

quanchi112
A fraction of it. And nothing I've seen of the Starbrand's full power puts it over the likes of Darkseid. Do you read marvel?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by quanchi112
He loses to Superman and bleeds from Batkicks. Uhm and Quasar has the starbrand. He wins this easily.

Ok, maybe the full Starbrand is bigger than I thought.

but Quasar couldn't control it that well, and he only had a fraction of it.

And as if I would take you of all people seriously. roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
Ok, maybe the full Starbrand is bigger than I thought.

but Quasar couldn't control it that well, and he only had a fraction of it.

And as if I would take you of all people seriously. roll eyes (sarcastic) Does Quasar really need to able to control this limitless supply of energy to defeat Darkseid. No and Quasar does win this. I suggest for the future you know a little about each character in the thread before coming in here and running your mouth. erm

tjcoady
Quasar with his normal powers as well as the Starbrand? If he knew how to work it well, he'd probably win. Wouldn't be surprised if the Starbrand could beat the Omega Beams.

But if this is Quasar with the Starbrand initially on him, without full knowledge of it, Darkseid would take this. After all, every single person who has ever had the Starbrand took a long, long time to figure out how to use it efficiently. And almost no one has ever used it to its full capabilities. And never without extreme exposure to it.

starlock
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

just correcting here.

Tazer

Just correcting here smile ... no he did not, he will always have a portion of the starbrand and if he dies(as he did) it will bring him back and start to re-energize the starbrand up to full power....yes even if he tranferes it and burns it out...Lt stated he has a small portion which nobody will notice or come after...and that was at the time LT trapped the new universe planet

starlock
Originally posted by tjcoady
Quasar with his normal powers as well as the Starbrand? If he knew how to work it well, he'd probably win. Wouldn't be surprised if the Starbrand could beat the Omega Beams.

But if this is Quasar with the Starbrand initially on him, without full knowledge of it, Darkseid would take this. After all, every single person who has ever had the Starbrand took a long, long time to figure out how to use it efficiently. And almost no one has ever used it to its full capabilities. And never without extreme exposure to it.

thumb up

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by starlock
Just correcting here smile ... no he did not, he will always have a portion of the starbrand and if he dies(as he did) it will bring him back and start to re-energize the starbrand up to full power....yes even if he tranferes it and burns it out...Lt stated he has a small portion which nobody will notice or come after...and that was at the time LT trapped the new universe planet

ok, but lets be honest here: the effectiveness of the SB was greatly diminished after his return-feat, and then after he got nullified, and pretty much became useless while he was in space as i recall.

Kayla, for her part, had MAJOR destructive power.......but she still fell to the Black Fleet, and as for Ereshkigal the reason why she was dangerous was due to WHERE she was meddling about.

Ive yet to see anything inn ANY of wat we saw that shows SB-user >>> Darkseid. convincingly.

Tazer

CaptainStoic
The Starbrand is said to have limitless power, it in itself is not the weak point, the user is. If someone like Thanos, Hal Jordan, or Adam Warlock possessed its might we would certainly see how powerful it is.

I agree that Quasar didn't know how to use to any degree that would threaten Darkseid.... The old man however......

Madvillain
bump.

kgkg
Darkseid gets owned

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

just correcting here.

Tazer

Actually, he accidentally transferred the SB to his gf when he gave her a hug when he got back to his Earth.

He burned it out fighting off some1's psychic assault/possession, I think. Can't remember for sure who, tho.

guy222
Quasar

Reynald
When Quasar had the Starbrand, the writers totally butchered it. Quasar is essential Mavel's version of DC green lantern corps....Quasar has great imagination. I have read the original version of starbrand back in 1986. The power is only limited by imagination.....Wendell (Quasar) had plenty imagination. The story was poorly written.....Star Child's (3 versions of Connel existing in the same timeframe)....warped reality so nobody would die....only to be convinced that people's suffering would continue forever if there was no death....starchild undid that. One of the starbrand users...I think Jacob....created an Earthlike environment out of nothing on the surface of the moon.....When Marvel wrote Quasar with starbrand.....poorly written.....considering that Quasar had been the protector of his universe for .... God knows how long....lots of practice with imagination and plenty of time making energy constructs....with starbrand....they would not just be energy constructs, but he can literally make things real!!!! Quasar has demonstrated the ability to use starbrand in conjunction with his quantum bands.....when traveling from the omniverse to the multiverse

operator616
Originally posted by Reynald
When Quasar had the Starbrand, the writers totally butchered it. Quasar is essential Mavel's version of DC green lantern corps....Quasar has great imagination. I have read the original version of starbrand back in 1986. The power is only limited by imagination.....Wendell (Quasar) had plenty imagination. The story was poorly written.....Star Child's (3 versions of Connel existing in the same timeframe)....warped reality so nobody would die....only to be convinced that people's suffering would continue forever if there was no death....starchild undid that. One of the starbrand users...I think Jacob....created an Earthlike environment out of nothing on the surface of the moon.....When Marvel wrote Quasar with starbrand.....poorly written.....considering that Quasar had been the protector of his universe for .... God knows how long....lots of practice with imagination and plenty of time making energy constructs....with starbrand....they would not just be energy constructs, but he can literally make things real!!!! Quasar has demonstrated the ability to use starbrand in conjunction with his quantum bands.....when traveling from the omniverse to the multiverse

Relative to the time period you're referencing, he was still fairly new to the quantum bands full potential (for instance, he discovered the auto-shields power a dozen or so issues into the series iirc, though that isn't to say he wasn't potent enough in its use), but either way he also had a small part of the starbrand which was dormant most of the time he possessed it anyway.

As for the battle, Quasar wins against darkseid, mostly based on SB's potential (the LT/Erishkigal affair) rather than anything else.

Mr Master
The Starbrand is a global power, always has been.

Erish/Starbrand OUTside the Nexus was nothing special, a clown really.

Erish/Starbrand withIN the Nexus (merged with the Nexus Guardians) is a dangerous cookie,

... but then again, so is almost anyone,
even someone like Surtur, who nearly burned the Omniverse via a Nexus,
and he wasn't even merged with any Guardians.

This is why Nexuses are guarded, cause they can be exploited.

Stoic
Originally posted by Mr Master

Erish/Starbrand withIN the Nexus (merged with the Nexus Guardians) is a dangerous cookie,

It was meant to be a power that protects planets, but that does not necessarily mean that it was merely a planetary threat in terms of power scope. For example; Galactus the devourer had/has the power to protect planets. On the other hand, he had the power to easily destroy a planet. The Starbrand from what I know, has never been shown a limit, and while I am not saying that there is no limit to it's power, we just have never seen an upper limit to it's power, and it was stated on panel to be limited by the host users imagination.

I don't believe that Quasar was powerful enough to defeat Darkseid with the amount of knowledge that he possessed while in use of the Starbrand though. At least not with what was seen on panel, in terms of feats.

operator616

LT himself explicitly stated that erishkigal's power is a potential peer to the abstracts and that a battle between her and him would wreck the cosmos. Yes, it would wreck the cosmos because they were in the nexus but the highlight of that statement is that she can give LT a fight. If she was a mere global power, she would be a minor nuisance for the LT, if even that.

That's also setting aside the fact that Erishkigal merely had a part of starbrand's full power.

Originally posted by Stoic
It was meant to be a power that protects planets, but that does not necessarily mean that it was merely a planetary threat in terms of power scope. For example; Galactus the devourer had/has the power to protect planets. On the other hand, he had the power to easily destroy a planet. The Starbrand from what I know, has never been shown a limit, and while I am not saying that there is no limit to it's power, we just have never seen an upper limit to it's power, and it was stated on panel to be limited by the host users imagination.

I don't believe that Quasar was powerful enough to defeat Darkseid with the amount of knowledge that he possessed while in use of the Starbrand though. At least not with what was seen on panel, in terms of feats.

Forum rules dictate that we use characters to their full abilities so i think we have to assume that Quasar is utilizing the full might of the SB, or at least the part that he possessed. Otherwise giving him the SB would be pointless.

RadZoa
Quasar? More like...QUEEFsar LOL

zopzop
Classic Starbrand would have won, Current one gets crushed by Darkseid.

Mr Master
Originally posted by operator616

LT himself explicitly stated that erishkigal's power is a potential peer to the abstracts and that a battle between her and him would wreck the cosmos. Yes, it would wreck the cosmos because they were in the nexus but the highlight of that statement is that she can give LT a fight. If she was a mere global power, she would be a minor nuisance for the LT, if even that.
The LT had also stated that Erish was no match for the LT.
And her "potential" was mentioned after she was inside the Nexus merged with Guardians.
And yes, she was a, actually, not sure if even global cause Erish didn't do shit to impress.
Oh yea, I do remember her expending vast amounts of energy just to open a portal.
That's something even Thor can do for lulz.

In fact, I only say "global" cause that's its greatest feat in the New Universe where it was all it could be.

Gruenwald is perhaps the worst writer concerning the LT. (u recall the Korvac incident)
He's always contradicted himself withIN the story when he wrote the LT.

That's also setting aside the fact that Erishkigal merely had a part of starbrand's full power.
... probably why she needed to expend vast amounts of energy for a simple feat.

Forum rules dictate that we use characters to their full abilities so i think we have to assume that Quasar is utilizing the full might of the SB, or at least the part that he possessed. Otherwise giving him the SB would be pointless.
Anyone have scans of a "full powered" Starbrand in action?

Actually, where is there even an on panel description for a so called "full powered" Starbrand?

operator616
The LT had also stated that Erish was no match for the LT.
And her "potential" was mentioned after she was inside the Nexus merged with Guardians.

She was no match for LT in the sense that she would lose in the end, but it would still be a fight, that was the very reason behind them employing to use champions (Quasar/Surfer) instead of engaging in direct head on combat. If she was truly a global power, like you're saying, LT could simply extract the starbrand from her just as easily as Stranger extracted the SB from a comatose kayla.

So actions speak louder than words anyway, wouldn't you agree?

She was never merged with the congressmen (who she was able to easily destroy btw), they merely added their power to her own at the cosmic axis to overthrow the balance of power in the multiverse, then the LT came and interrupted them. There wasn't any indication that their powers merged with hers.

And yes, she was a, actually, not sure if even global cause Erish didn't do shit to impress.
Oh yea, I do remember her expending vast amounts of energy just to open a portal.
That's something even Thor can do for lulz.

In fact, I only say "global" cause that's its greatest feat in the New Universe where it was all it could be.

Gruenwald is perhaps the worst writer concerning the LT. (u recall the Korvac incident)
He's always contradicted himself withIN the story when he wrote the LT.

... probably why she needed to expend vast amounts of energy for a simple feat.

She didn't expend lots of energies to create a portal, she specifically says that she expended (as in, past tense) lots of energies to create portals in the past before her acquisition of the starbrand.

Anyone have scans of a "full powered" Starbrand in action?

Actually, where is there even an on panel description for a so called "full powered" Starbrand?

Every SB wielder before quasar came into NU was a full powered SB. The LT/Erishkigal incident explored its potential.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic

'Planetary scale'

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/w_AwVcv39Zk/maxresdefault.jpg

DarkSaint85
Furthermore:

Originally posted by Galan007
The classic Starbrand was potentially multiversal, yes. The current 'brand, however, has been faux-retconned into...well...significantly less.

Kevin: "In killing me, the Beyonder doomed himself -- UNLEASHING the cosmic power of the Starbrand I never wanted this... The power to protect or destroy A WORLD.":
http://i.imgur.com/dxwuiLfm.jpg

Kevin: "If I blow, it's not a Beyonder that buys it... It's the ENTIRE PLANET EARTH! I never wanted this... The power to protect or destroy A WORLD.":
http://i.imgur.com/sRKt35Im.jpg

Kevin: "Last, reabsorb ALL THAT STARBRAND ENERGY... So that I don't blow up THE WORLD!":
http://i.imgur.com/Y612JEim.jpg http://i.imgur.com/U7BV84Om.jpg

As you can see: it was iterated and reiterated on panel that the current Starbrand's power -in its totality- is planetary. Nothing more. On top of that, the most recent issue of 'Captain America' depicts the output of a handful of nukes >> Starbrand(and a host of other 'powerful' heroes)... When they are using their full power, no less *scans posted on the previous page*. laughing out loud

tl;dr
The 'brand is fcuking chump change these days. Don't let anyone try to tell you differently. wink

DarkSaint85
AND:
Originally posted by Galan007
http://i.imgur.com/ScbsjJ8m.jpg http://i.imgur.com/u4tzgUHm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/ig64J8Sm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/TZXqxk3m.jpg

hysterical

operator616
@DarkSaint85

This thread involves the original starbrand, the one that comes from a different multiverse, not the one you've been posting.

DarkSaint85
Sez who?

When things are bumped, they're usually using the latest incarnations.

operator616
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Sez who?

When things are bumped, they're usually using the latest incarnations.

I though it was pretty obvious, no?

The op is using Quasar with the starbrand. Quasar, who possessed the original starbrand back in his series, so i think op's intention was pretty clear.

Mr Master

She was no match for LT in the sense that she would lose in the end,

but it would still be a fight
In the english language, that's considered an oxymoron.

When you're "no match" against something,
you shouldn't be able to put up a fight.

Just like if you can manipulate an entire universe,
you shouldn't be using a single star to attack someone who is far beyond stellar level.

... phuckin Gruenwald ... writing while high on shrooms.

that was the very reason behind them employing to use champions (Quasar/Surfer) instead of engaging in direct head on combat. If she was truly a global power, like you're saying, LT could simply extract the starbrand from her
Actually that's comics for ya friend.

It's a Quasar book, where Quasar will ultimately/inevitably end up being the saviour/hero.

The LT stomps Erish and Quasar can't shine. smile

So actions speak louder than words anyway, wouldn't you agree?
Absolutely. and ... since Erish is based on literally nothing by "words." I guess you agree with me.

She was never merged with the congressmen (who she was able to easily destroy btw), they merely added their power to her own at the cosmic axis to overthrow the balance of power in the multiverse, then the LT came and interrupted them. There wasn't any indication that their powers merged with hers.
Except for the Guardians adding their powers to her own?

A spin of contradictions courtesy of "Hawk catching" Gruenwald.

Every SB wielder before quasar came into NU was a full powered SB.
The LT/Erishkigal incident explored its potential.
The whole point of Erish seeking out the Nexus,
was so she could affect reality,
something she couldn't do outside the Nexus.

Actually, there's absolutely no evidence of any kind to suggest Erish was anything more than global.

In truth, there's nothing to suggest she was even global for that matter,
I'm just being generous due to the Starbrand's greatest feat,
which is a global one, in the past and the present.

operator616
In the english language, that's considered an oxymoron.

When you're "no match" against something,
you shouldn't be able to put up a fight.

Just like if you can manipulate an entire universe,
you shouldn't be using a single star to attack someone who is far beyond stellar level.

... phuckin Gruenwald ... writing while high on shrooms.

I disagree, "no match" can vary in meaning depending on the context. No match can also mean that the two of them would battle but LT would always have the upper hand gradually overpowering her, thus she can't really "match" his power. And considering that reality would be wrecked, it implies there would in fact be a battle between them.

And again, if she was a global power, she would literally be an ant to LT and as such he could forcibly extract the SB from her (just like the stranger did).

Actually that's comics for ya friend.

It's a Quasar book, where Quasar will ultimately/inevitably end up being the saviour/hero.

The LT stomps Erish and Quasar can't shine. smile

Absolutely. and ... since Erish is based on literally nothing by "words." I guess you agree with me.

That doesn't take away from the fact though.

Fact is, LT purposely avoided a fight with erishkigal since well, it would be a fight which would threaten reality (again, highlight being that it would be a fight rather than reality being wrecked due to nexus).

Quite the opposite. the fact that LT took the action of not fighting and instead resorted to champions deciding their fate, actually supports my stance, imo.

Except for the Guardians adding their powers to her own?

A spin of contradictions courtesy of "Hawk catching" Gruenwald.

I definitely disagree here.

They poured their power to help erishkigal overthrow the old balance of power in the multiverse (at the cosmic axis)

That doesn't mean they amped her. there is a clear difference. Erishkigal and the congressmen, all of them are individually pouring their power for the same effect, nowhere was it mentioned that they actually permanently amped her.

The whole point of Erish seeking out the Nexus,
was so she could affect reality,
something she couldn't do outside the Nexus.

Actually, there's absolutely no evidence of any kind to suggest Erish was anything more than global.

In truth, there's nothing to suggest she was even global for that matter,
I'm just being generous due to the Starbrand's greatest feat,
which is a global one, in the past and the present.

Erishkigal also sent out energy pulses to the infinite realities. Yes, it was thru a nexus, but she still send them out to, literally, infinite realities.

Anyway, we seem to disagree in the interpretation of the story so i think ill just leave you to your own opinion.

Mr Master

I disagree, "no match" can vary in meaning depending on the context. No match can also mean that the two of them would battle but LT would always have the upper hand gradually overpowering her, thus she can't really "match" his power. And considering that reality would be wrecked, it implies there would in fact be a battle between them.
"Reality wrecked" due to the fact that any power would be dispensed withIN the Nexus.

... hello, Surtur nearly burned the entire Omniverse via the Nexus.

The silly PF performed a multiversal feat via the Nexus, etc etc.

And again, if she was a global power, she would literally be an ant to LT and as such he could forcibly extract the SB from her (just like the stranger did).
I guess you missed the: "it's a Quasar comic" justification.

Fact is, LT purposely avoided a fight with erishkigal since well, it would be a fight which would threaten reality (again, highlight being that it would be a fight rather than reality being wrecked due to nexus).
It's a Quasar comic, so Quasar will be the saviour/hero.

Simple.

Quite the opposite. the fact that LT took the action of not fighting and instead resorted to champions deciding their fate, actually supports my stance, imo.
It only supports that it's a Quasar comic. So again, he will prevail.

Not the LT, who was as pointless in that story as he was in Gruenwald's other mess, What If Korvac ...

They poured their power to help erishkigal overthrow the old balance of power in the multiverse (at the cosmic axis)

That doesn't mean they amped her. there is a clear difference. Erishkigal and the congressmen, all of them are individually pouring their power for the same effect, nowhere was it mentioned that they actually permanently amped her.
So, you're saying the Congress "helped" her unbalance shit? I don't recall.

The same Congress that's there to avoid said outcome?

If so, more senselessness on Gruenwald's part.

Erishkigal also sent out energy pulses to the infinite realities. Yes, it was thru a nexus, but she still send them out to, literally, infinite realities.
The PF created the Tower in "infinite realities."

Yea, the amazing shit one can do while accessing the Nexus.

Anyway, we seem to disagree in the interpretation of the story so i think ill just leave you to your own opinion.
Cool.

I'll wait on those scans of the Starbrand doing anything more than global.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.