The Mighty Thor (Vs.) Swamp Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
Could Thor stop Swamp Thing? Could Thor, being the son of an Earth goddess, stop someone as powerful as Swamp Thing, who himself is an Earth elemental?

Let's say that Thor, instead of rebuilding Asgard above a Nebraska cornfield like in his current series, he decides to rebuild Asgard smack dab in the middle of a Louisiana swamp, above where the Parliament of Trees already is.

Well, this doesn't sit well with Swampy and he tells Thor he needs to move Asgard somewhere else. Thor then tells Swamp Thing to pretty much go **** himself, he'll do whatever the hell he wants to do.

And so thus begins the battle of the children of Earth, with The Mighty Thor battling The Swamp Thing.........

Sin I AM
swamp thing would own thor

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Sin I AM
swamp thing would own thor

Elaborate please confused

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
Elaborate please confused he can't.

thor asks him mother to deactivate swamp thing's powers.

TricksterPriest
There are versions of Swamp Thing that are skyfather level and over.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by psycho gundam
he can't.

Whoa...I didn't even think about that, but I guess she could, couldn't she? But what if Gaea herself wasn't directly involved with the immediate battle?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by psycho gundam
he can't.

Can't do that. no Maya, the earth mother, creator of the DC elementals couldn't do it. And Swampie's power has varied, with the upper levels approaching 'The Word'.

hunbu04
swamp thing is powerful but his power is not even in the same universe as the word. the word once destroyed all dc elementals. the guy is referred to as the spectre older brother and he is also the logos

Galan007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
There are versions of Swamp Thing that are skyfather level and over. thumb up

Originally posted by hunbu04
swamp thing is powerful but his power is not even in the same universe as the word. the word once destroyed all dc elementals. the guy is referred to as the spectre older brother and he is also the logos I somewhat disagree.

The Word personally told ST, , that his abilities in said state rivalled those of The Voice itself.

And as I'm sure you know,
The Voice is what gave birth to the Word. smile

grey fox
Draw.

IMHO I dont think Swampie has the combat capability to take down Thor. However, Goldilocks can't really harm Swampie in any-way either. At least in any long-term way....

Galan007
I dunno.

I see Thor eventually beating a 'baseline' Swampy -- but certainly not the version in my above post.

grey fox
Originally posted by Galan007
I dunno.

I see Thor eventually beating a 'baseline' Swampy -- but certainly not the version in my above post.

How ?

The only way I could see is Godblast and/or possible UBER lightening.

Even those though are finite, Swampie could simply absorb surrounding matter and be back to normal.

Endless Mike
Swamp Thing is pretty much unkillable

psycho gundam
thor can also ask of GAEA to summon Atum. (I suppose she will listen since his ascension)maybe he can summon it himself? just saying that thor doesn't have to fight these "god" types with his fists if he doesn't have to, odin rarely did. oh and any of the stuff he tried to kill arishem with would atomize most characters low-herald and below, let alone a guy made of pool scum.

Warakia
So... isn't the Thor who is rebuilding the city of Asgard using Odin's power? If so the Earth elemental is screwed.

psycho gundam
exactly

thor can just stand there and win due to swamp thing lacking the ability to harm him in any way. if there were judges watching the fight, they would see a monster hopelessly fighting a god who occasionally smashes it to billions of pieces only waiting for it to reform again. thor wins on the point system.

Horrificus
Thor can't cut ST off from his connection to Earth?

And, how can the power, given to him by the spirit of Earth, one little planet, out of an infinite number, be on the same level as the Word?

Or any uber-universal-abstract power for that matter?

Silly fight. Thor has the tools to attack ST's body, mind and soul, as well as his magics in general.

tjcoady
Luthor has managed to invent a device that cut off Swamp Thing's connection to the Green before, temporarily.

I doubt Thor could replicate that feat- but if he could come up with that "energy pattern" or whatever, he could win this.

If this is standard Swampy, Thor could beat him... perhaps. Thor's shown vulnerability to poisons before. It wouldn't be that hard for Swampy to take him out that way.

If it's anything above the baseline Swamp Thing, he'd could take Thor. Full power Holland was substantially above the Spectre.

Laguna L
Swamp Thing.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Horrificus
Thor can't cut ST off from his connection to Earth?

And, how can the power, given to him by the spirit of Earth, one little planet, out of an infinite number, be on the same level as the Word?

Or any uber-universal-abstract power for that matter?

Silly fight. Thor has the tools to attack ST's body, mind and soul, as well as his magics in general.

Remember Elemental Firestorm? That was only one fifth of Planet Elemental Swamp Thing's abilities and power.

It was more of a mystical thing- complete control over all aspects of creation- than just how much "power" he could draw upon.

Betterman
People always tell me Swamp Thing is this Cosmic Level entity by the end of his series. If so shouldn't he be able to beat Thor who really isn't a cosmic entity in any way shape or form.

Warakia
Originally posted by Betterman
People always tell me Swamp Thing is this Cosmic Level entity by the end of his series. If so shouldn't he be able to beat Thor who really isn't a cosmic entity in any way shape or form.
Yes, unless Thor is using Odin's power.

kevdude
thumb up

I somewhat disagree.

The Word personally told ST, , that his abilities in said state rivalled those of The Voice itself.

And as I'm sure you know,
The Voice is what gave birth to the Word. smile

That is true to a extent. The Parliaments (billions of years planning this) made Tefe and she was the one that could stand a chance against The Word as she can sound like The Voice, ST even said for The Word to get ready for Tefe and The Word thinking she was being disposed of by others got ready to kill the all powerful ST. The Word almost killed her earlier but she barely escaped, and was harmed just by being near him.

Give it to ST if The Parliament of Trees gives him a big boost of power

Galan007
Originally posted by kevdude
That is true to a extent. The Parliaments (billions of years planning this) made Tefe and she was the one that could stand a chance against The Word as she can sound like The Voice, ST even said for The Word to get ready for Tefe and The Word thinking she was being disposed of by others got ready to kill the all powerful ST. The Word almost killed her earlier but she barely escaped, and was harmed just by being near him.

Give it to ST if The Parliament of Trees gives him a big boost of power Right.

Tefe basically mimicked the voice of God, which it turn, cancelled out the Word...

But I wasn't commenting on how The Word was beaten -- I was commenting on The Word personally acknowledging 'Swamp-God's' power rivalling that of the Voice himself.

The Fake Macoy
I think Swamp Thing has this in the bag, as current Thor doesn't seem to be near Odin's power, which is what he'd need to win, if at all.

tjcoady
Right.

Tefe basically mimicked the voice of God, which it turn, cancelled out the Word...

But I wasn't commenting on how The Word was beaten -- I was commenting on The Word personally acknowledging 'Swamp-God's' power rivalling that of the Voice himself.

Actually, Planet Elemental Swamp Thing could beat the Word by himself. Constantine used the wishing matches to stop him from getting his final power right before the Word showed up. Tefe was a back-up plan in case Swamp Thing couldn't achieve his full power in time.

Galan007
Originally posted by tjcoady
Actually, Planet Elemental Swamp Thing could beat the Word by himself. ST at standard levels? no -- He's powerful, but not that powerful.

Remember,
ST had been granted power over every element, when the Word confronted him.

Originally posted by tjcoady
Constantine used the wishing matches to stop him from getting his final power right before the Word showed up. Tefe was a back-up plan in case Swamp Thing couldn't achieve his full power in time. Again,
my posts were not in regard to how the Word was beaten -- but rather, his acknowledgement of ST's power. smile

kevdude
ST at standard levels? no -- He's powerful, but not that powerful.

Remember,
ST had been granted power over every element, when the Word confronted him.

Again,
my posts were not in regard to how the Word was beaten -- but rather, his acknowledgement of ST's power. smile

True The Word himself said that but if the Swamp God was so powerful then he been able to take out the Word and wasn't, only Tefe was powerful enough to stand a chance against him and its because she sounds like The Voice, without Tefe, The Word with The Voices backing would have taken on the Swamp God and having a battle the world had never seen, and probably would have beaten him considering of the Parliaments needed Tefe.

Of course there is the point that Swamp Thing was probably used by The Word/Christ and The Voice as a way of bringing him into his great plan and spreading more love into Creation (as if Christ has not done enough already roll eyes (sarcastic) DC). That's an entire another subject though.

Comicbook_kid
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.