Wonder Woman vs Namor in a swordfight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spidermonkey

Who is the better swordsman/swordswoman?

Draco69
WW would curbstomp him in swordfight...

erm

spidermonkey
Ever heard of the Sword of Kamuu? wink
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/swordofkamuu.htm

dawsey28
Yeah, I think I read somewhere that Namor is an excellent swordsman, but I doubt he is Wonder Woman level.

Mindset
Originally posted by dawsey28
Yeah, I think I read somewhere that Namor is an excellent swordsman, but I doubt he is Wonder Woman level.

Why is that?

basilisk

Imagine underwater swordfights.

I suppose Namor might have a chance with sword like that.

dawsey28
Originally posted by Mindset
Why is that?

Because she is probably a better fighter.

She's one of the best melee fighters in the world.

At least according to Batman she is anyway.

TricksterPriest
She's probably the single most skilled top tier in comics. Orion is one of the few who's at her level. And her sword is better. stick out tongue

The Fake Macoy
Considering Wonder Woman has greater strength feats as well as being highly skilled at swordfighting, Namor really has no chance here.

llagrok
Wonder Woman's "sword skill" feats are far and few inbetween.

Sure, she'll make a couple of swings that cut the air, but that's about it smile

batdude123
Originally posted by llagrok
Wonder Woman's "sword skill" feats are far and few inbetween.

Sure, she'll make a couple of swings that cut the air, but that's about it smile

Right, and Namor is so much better at sword fighting than her because... erm

dawsey28
Yes, Namor's swordskills are shown even less.

I've never even heard of the Sword of Kamuu.

Has anyone else?

Southern_Rebel
With Wonder Woman's speed and reflexes...wouldn't she be able to kill Namor with a sword before he could even react?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Southern_Rebel
With Wonder Woman's speed and reflexes...wouldn't she be able to kill Namor with a sword before he could even react?

duryes

spidermonkey
Originally posted by spidermonkey
Ever heard of the Sword of Kamuu? wink
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/swordofkamuu.htm

confused

TricksterPriest
Her sword has been described as being able to cleave a particle, IIRC.

And it's been proven to actually hurt Superman and is capable of piercing him. That alone puts it over the sword of Kamuu. Divine artisanship ftw.

OneDumbG0
^ That whole cleave a particle thing isn't from Kingdom Come? Was that description applied to her current sword or the knife Halcyon gave to her?

And any simple enchanted knife is capable of piercing him. An enchanted butter knife could pierce Superman's skin.

Wonder Woman 9/10 unless someone has Namor sword feats.

TricksterPriest
Think it was the current sword, but I could be wrong. And Supes isn't that weak to magic. He still has superhuman durability under the bio aura, so again, the magic would either have to really powerful, or the blade very sharp.

And considering Hephaestus himself made that sword (AFAIK), I can see it cleaving Namor in two, sword and all.

OneDumbG0
^ Fangirl101 probably knows. Anyway, Superman can be cut with an enchanted butter knife. Like he can be burnt with a magical match.

Namor would be cleaved by any sword wielded by Wonderwoman. But the Sword of Kamuu, which apparently is what the threadstarter intended to have Namor wield, withstood clashing with the Ebony Blade. I think it would stand up to either the Halcyon knife or Wonderwoman's standard sword.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by spidermonkey

Who is the better swordsman/swordswoman?

If they were made to be of equal speed and equal strength so that only skill mattered, it would be an interesting fight but I think Diana has more showings of using swords and weapons in general so I'd give it to her.

Draco69
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ That whole cleave a particle thing isn't from Kingdom Come? Was that description applied to her current sword or the knife Halcyon gave to her?

And any simple enchanted knife is capable of piercing him. An enchanted butter knife could pierce Superman's skin.

Wonder Woman 9/10 unless someone has Namor sword feats.

WW's KC sword was reintroduced into the regular DC Universe.

Atom-carving and all.

Along with the Screaming Chicken Armour....

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Draco69
WW's KC sword was reintroduced into the regular DC Universe.

Atom-carving and all.

Along with the Screaming Chicken Armour.... Obviously they stole Alex Ross' design. But I'd like to see confirmation that this sword carves atoms as well.

starlock
Wonder Woman for the win

Thorion
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
She's probably the single most skilled top tier in comics. Orion is one of the few who's at her level. And her sword is better. stick out tongue

Wonder Woman? Top tier? Hilarious.

Lord Feron
Namor, will proable lose mostly due to lack of speed. Namor strength is around hulk base level. Namor is quick for a guy with so much strength but I don't think that alone would be enough.

WW 10/10

dawsey28

spidermonkey
Did you?

dawsey28
So, what is this? Do they get their special swords or just normal swords?

spidermonkey
Fight 1. Regular swords.

Fight 2. Special swords

celeyhyga17
Wondy cleaves his ankle wings off.

Omega Vision
This isn't even close.

Diana 10/10

Does Namor even have significant feats with a sword?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Omega Vision
This isn't even close.

Diana 10/10

Does Namor even have significant feats with a sword?

it's a massacre..
fish filet anyone?

JakeTheBank
Diana. I never even heard of Namor's sword before now, but it sounds cool. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.