Power Speculation Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Newjak
We often hear about full-potential this, and full-potential that. Well this will be the thread where we can discuss what a full-potential whoever could be.

Pretty simple concept here:
You take any character you want from any comic book you want. Then you speculate on whether a particular character can become more powerful, if so how much more powerful, and why. Also this includes on whether or not you think a character can become more versatile.

Now I know many companies already have out what-ifs, alternate realities, time travel, or mainstream stories to give possible scenarios on a more powerful version of a character. So in some instance you may think a character can not get much more powerful than a particular version. Hal Jordan, as Parallax or Spectre, spring to mind. If so then say that.

Now with that said, It's obviously easy to say something like Batman can get the power of god or Captain America getting the power of the HOTU. So for the sake of this thread I would ask people to refrain from such things.

Please try and stick with the character's own power, brains, and tech. With the exception of course the people who have already possessed such things.

Even if a certain character did receive a certain temporary boost like Thanos with the HOTU. You can still speculate on what you think a character could become without that.

One final thing please no one simply come in and say *Insert Character* can become as strong as the writer wants. I know writers can change power levels and in fact do all the time. This isn't what you think writers will do or won't do. This is what YOU think on a particular character.

Thank you and have fun. stick out tongue

ankur29
juggernaut can become way more powerful

hulk way more powerful as we have yet to see his benchmark for strength

sentry.... umm not sure

what about dbz , the charecters can train and get more powerful ... they have on anel quotes but no actuual feats to shwo this which really bugs me out

spiderman - can he work out and get stronger? same rule for all charecter with definative strength

DigiMark007
Most cosmics hold back in one form or another. If someone like, say, Surfer always fought at > light speeds, which he is capable of, a lot of people would be in trouble.

And nobody bring up Storm. Seriously. I'd like to be able to keep this thread open.

Newjak
^^ Yeah everyone listen to Digi.

Anyways, one person I've wondered at max power is Thor. We know normally Thor hovers around at Herald level.

We also know that at his most powerful he was RKT, who was stronger than his Father. Of course we know what Odin could do.

Still even as RKT I find Thor only operating at half his heritage. I mean we also know his mother is Gaea, the Elder Goddess.

So I think at one point Thor could get all the powers of Asgard plus the all the power of his mother. Thor would probably be the closest someone could get to being Abstract without being made an abstract.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by DigiMark007
And nobody bring up Storm. Seriously. I'd like to be able to keep this thread open. Spoilsport. sad

Anyway, I'm going to beat BW to the punch and say Iceman would be a whole lot more powerful if he wasn't such a dumbass.

Newjak
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Spoilsport. sad

Anyway, I'm going to beat BW to the punch and say Iceman would be a whole lot more powerful if he wasn't such a dumbass. True

I've always wondered what Iceman working at his best would be and look like?

TricksterPriest
apocalypse You know what the arguements are. You've heard me and Delph make them. And most of you won't admit it, but we all know that the Xmen should almost never beat him if he doesn't job.

Battlehammer
and yet there he is getting beat time and time again and using others to fight his battles.........

Newjak
Originally posted by Battlehammer
and yet there he is getting beat time and time again and using others to fight his battles......... Now, now this isn't a thread to nit pick at others.

This a thread for you to speculate on what potential power level whatever character you want to talk about can reach.

If you have a different view post your view, but please do not try and get a debate like that going this is for discussion.

Thank You smile

tjcoady
One character whose possible power levels who I never quite pegged properly was Black Alice. So she can go Spectre level? Does that imply she can hijack the power of the Presence itself? Our one example of Black Alice stealing the power of the Spectre was Days of Vengeance- which going by my pet theory about the Spectre's power being based around whether or not the Presence commanded him to act,- when he wasn't at his full-bore in that he didn't have the Presence's command. But if we discount that, then it would imply that Black Alice's power isn't merely magical, but, rather, divine.

Swamp Thing's capacity to amp himself is pretty ridiculous, too. I don't think it was properly explained how he lost his planet elemental status. But at the height of his power, he was basically the Elemental Firestorm times five- strong enough to take out the Spectre's older, badder brother.

manjaro
colossus. he's is the only strong guy ive seen on panel actually working out. sure there have been some errant scans fom back in the day of wonderman lifting some ridiculous amounts of weight but though they were meant for working out he still usually lifts them very casually, sometimes even with one hand and shit....thereare old scans of the Thing doing a little something too. but colossus to me shows that a guy can increase in STR lvl the old fashioned way rather than just wait for a science accident, or a cosmic storm to happen

grey fox
Manjaro, while thing isn't shown exercising much on panel it IS the main reason he's a class 85+. He was originally a simple class 5-15 but through years of training under specially made equipment he has increased his strength.

TricksterPriest
She-Hulk did the same thing. As did a few other guys, I think Sebastian Shaw among them.

Endless Mike
Galactus could probably become much more powerful if he started devouring all the dimensions and universes he could find

K-Dog
I think the Hulk could be written even higher. Let's say earth is getting b-slapped by a new race of very powerful aliens or gods or something. Hulk gets really really unhappy and somehow taps into all the ambient gamma radiation in the universe, or multi-verse or interdimensional gamma radiation or something, and he does a big thunderclap which completely wipes out the whole invasion or herald-level beings. Of course through comic magic he does it without destroying the earth, or can aim it accurately or something.
Since he can channel an infinite amount of energy, he could be written nearly infinitely. Perhaps he can somehow tap into all the anger/rage in the universe in a way that is tied to gamma radiation or somecrap too. smokin'

K-Dog
With all the steroid scandals lately, I was thinking that anyone who starts out human and transforms and becomes a stronger version of themselves could get stronger by using steroids! Yaaayy! I love drugs!! Take Colossus for example....maybe be could get about 10% bigger and 25% stronger that way.
And before anyone calls them a cheater, look what cap america did with his super-serum.

Or writers could some up with some more infinity gems or magic potions or something that any character could get to amplify themselves (drug-free)

llagrok
Originally posted by grey fox
Manjaro, while thing isn't shown exercising much on panel it IS the main reason he's a class 85+. He was originally a simple class 5-15 but through years of training under specially made equipment he has increased his strength.

Not that low man.

Even in his early showings, he had no trouble lifting stuff that weighed several tons for hours.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by llagrok
Not that low man.

Even in his early showings, he had no trouble lifting stuff that weighed several tons for hours.

This states different:
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/7386/betterabilities2hc2.jpg

But on that note, strength characters should work out more.

Spiderman could benefit from that, if he did exercises that let him keep his agility, but buffed him up even more.

And yes, Iceman could use a character re-invention to make him more creative with his powers.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
apocalypse You know what the arguements are. You've heard me and Delph make them. And most of you won't admit it, but we all know that the Xmen should almost never beat him if he doesn't job.

It's not like Apocalypse gets beaten down by them in their encounters...

He didn't give a shit about the original X-Men back in X-Factor.

He defeated a bunch of X-Men while in a weakened state during the X-Cutioner's Song.

As of recently in the Blood of Apocalypse arc, the X-Men used Pulse to "drain away" Apocalypse's powers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.