Odin vs Thanos (Neutral Ground)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Marvel
I was wondering ever since I saw the Odin vs Thanos encounter who would win in an actual battle, if it didn't take place on Asgard. Because I have a personal belief that sky-fathers really wouldn't be able to stop him in any real form outside of their native dimension.

And seeing as he fought the All-father in his native dimension and wasn't put down what can any other "skyfather" do to him.

I also think that Odin is one of the few characters with the necessary knowledge/wisdom needed to potentially put down thanos, besides obviously Adam Warlock.

Mr Marvel
Personally i think that Thanos can take it 5.5/10 w/o prep

7/10 w/ prep

I Think Odin is more wise

However Thanos is more intelligent/clever & insightful

iceman24567
I still give Odin the win 9/10.

Priest
Odin does not draw power upon Asgard. His best feats are outside of Asgard.
Odin 10/10

Mr Marvel
Isn't Odin nearly-omipitent w/in Asgard?

Thanos waded/walked thru Odin's blast superman style.

He didn't even try to use his Shields, which implied that he didn't need them.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Priest
Odin does not draw power upon Asgard. His best feats are outside of Asgard.
Odin 10/10 You dont think Odin can draw power from Asgard? Did you ever read the story where he took on Seth the death guy, He forfeited his Odinforce to Thor and drew powers from Asgard to take it to Seth.

Mr Marvel
Of course I think he can, But are you referring to the Odinforce or the citizens of Asgard? B/c only the Odinforce would apply to this. As it is his own power.

lando005
odin 7/10

Mr Marvel
So than I have a Question, is Odin stronger w/in Asgard?

B/c I was under the impression that he was.

Whereas Thanos is always a Beast anywhere, including other dimensions.

Terryc250
Thanos is getting too overrated against Odin, Thanos isnt even quite a skyfather, hes like high herald/low skyfather, he couldnt even make Odin flinch, nor caused any harm to him, ppl just think he stands a chance because he took some attacks from Odin and lived.

lando005
Originally posted by Terryc250
Thanos is getting too overrated against Odin, Thanos isnt even quite a skyfather, hes like high herald/low skyfather, he couldnt even make Odin flinch, nor caused any harm to him, ppl just think he stands a chance because he took some attacks from Odin and lived. thanos did quite well actually. while not quite as powerful as odin he is atleast powerful enough to keep up with him, he would do good agains odin in a short fight but not in a drawn out one

Mr Marvel
No it's more than that. If Odin is widely considered the most powerful skyfather, the All-Father if you will.
Wouldn't you think that the most Powerful, Wisest (gave up Eye for wisdom), Best Strategist ( he lead the other skyfathers against the celestial) and Greatest Fighter (King of a race of Warrior gods) of all the skyfathers could be able to put Most anything below Abstract/Cube being,etc down let alone Thanos.

Do you think the other Gods/skyfathers would have done better against Odin w/in Asgard, Which coincidentally would negate any natural boost that their native realm affords them.

Not to mention that people often say that Odin wasn't trying, this is Luducris, Because it wouldn't have lasted even 5 panels if this were true. Also Odin sommoned his spear, which he didn't do against Surfer, which by the way didn't acheive his goal of putting down thanos.

Which some people may challege by saying that it's not his most powerful weapon, however knowing the wisdom of Odin and the circumstances of the battle, would logically indicate that he at the very least felt that he could stop thanos w/ it.

King Kandy
Thanos would win if they had a rematch. He's been upgraded since their last fight.

Battlehammer
no way Odin easily.

lando005
Originally posted by Mr Marvel
No it's more than that. If Odin is widely considered the most powerful skyfather, the All-Father if you will.
Wouldn't you think that the most Powerful, Wisest (gave up Eye for wisdom), Best Strategist ( he lead the other skyfathers against the celestial) and Greatest Fighter (King of a race of Warrior gods) of all the skyfathers could be able to put Most anything below Abstract/Cube being,etc down let alone Thanos.

Do you think the other Gods/skyfathers would have done better against Odin w/in Asgard, Which coincidentally would negate any natural boost that their native realm affords them.

Not to mention that people often say that Odin wasn't trying, this is Luducris, Because it wouldn't have lasted even 5 panels if this were true. Also Odin sommoned his spear, which he didn't do against Surfer, which by the way didn't acheive his goal of putting down thanos.

Which some people may challege by saying that it's not his most powerful weapon, however knowing the wisdom of Odin and the circumstances of the battle, would logically indicate that he at the very least felt that he could stop thanos w/ it. I think you might be misinterpiting me i believe we're on the same page here, Odin was most certainly tring in their battle and even commented on thanos' power. Thanos was doing quite well in there fight but closer towards the end you could tell who the inevitable victor would be.

iceman24567
Originally posted by King Kandy
Thanos would win if they had a rematch. He's been upgraded since their last fight. Thanos would still lose...

Mr Marvel
If I can Stalemate the Greatest Chess champion who has the home field advantage it doesn't exactly make me his equally necessarily, however it does arguably make me better than or equal to every on else that the Champ has defeated. Since they didn't do the same.

Dark-Jaxx
You can have this take place in some made-up Thanos dimension, Odin still wins.

King Kandy
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thanos would still lose...
Yes but he would be able to hurt Odin as much as Odin hurt him. They would be on equal footing.

Mindset
Yes but he would be able to hurt Odin as much as Odin hurt him. They would be on equal footing.

What?

How could they be equal and Thanos still loses?

Anyway, I say Odin would still take the majority.

Avlon
Their last fight wasn't even close.

Being "saved by the bell" doesn't equalize opponents in any sense.

Odin for the win.

lando005
the fight was close for the most part thanos wasnt loosing till around the end

Mindset
I wouldn't say it was close, because Thanos didn't do anything besides get smacked around, although he got in some hits he didn't do anything significant.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Mindset
I wouldn't say it was close, because Thanos didn't do anything besides get smacked around, although he got in some hits he didn't do anything significant.
Yeah but he's been upgraded now and has blasts and shields that challenged Galactus.

Mindset
He doesn't have blasts or shields that challenge Galactus.

King Kandy
Um yes he does. Have you somehow missed the scans?

Also he nearly beat Galactus with TP in his upgraded stage.

Mindset
I must have missed them, post them.

Larceny
Odin easily. Possibly easier than the first bout.

King Kandy
It shalll be done.

Post-Upgrade, his blasts are powerful enough to hurt Galactus (before they could barely make Odin flinch.):

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/1365/energy291ol2.jpg

His Force-Fields are difficult for Galactus to penatrate:

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6706/energy31uw6.jpg

He is almost equal to Galactus in TP (In comparison, Professor X failed to even attract Galactus's attention.):

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9950/energy281yz9.jpg
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4827/energy282jp2.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4483/energy283sy8.jpg
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4251/energy284sb8.jpg
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/8898/energy285od2.jpg

Mindset
Ok, I've seen all those.

The attack didn't damage Galactus at all.

Galactus blasted through his force field w/o too much trouble at all.

So yea, saying Thanos is a challenge to Galactus or that he is even close to him in power is laughable.

Thanos has always been beyond Prof. X in tp, and Prof X. with some assistance from Magneto was able to get Galactus attention, he blew their space ship up.

Thanos can not stack up to Galactus w/o prep in any concievable way, I don't know how you are trying to use their interactions to prove Thanos could beat Odin.

King Kandy
The attack sent him flying and blew off his helmet. More then most opponents have done to him.

Galactus himself said it was difficult to penetrate the forcefield.

And you don't debate that Thanos almost took down Galactus with TP... You think Odin can compete with that?

Mindset
He sent him flying, but didn't do any damage to him, something Odin could do as well.

He didn't say it was difficult to break his forcefield, he said he never had to exert himself as much just to break a forcefield before. He is saying his forcefield is stronger than most, not that it was difficult for him to pierce it.

With the tp thing he only got as far as he did because he caught Galactus off guard, as soon as Galactus got serious he dominated Thanos.

King Kandy
Yeah, but my point is that Thanos has done far more damage to Galactus then just about any character.

So you think Galactus is going to compliment Thanos on a forcefield that's easy to break?

Well that's more TP then i've ever seen Odin use.

Mindset
Yeah, but my point is that Thanos has done far more damage to Galactus then just about any character.

So you think Galactus is going to compliment Thanos on a forcefield that's easy to break?

Well that's more TP then i've ever seen Odin use.
I get what you're saying, but he didn't do any damage to Galactus, and Odin could do the same thing that Thanos did.

He complimented him on having a forcefield stronger than any he has tried to pierce before. No where does he say it was difficult for him to break it, and the picture doesn't suggest he had to strain to break it either.

Yes it is more tp than Odin has shown, I don't think I've seen Odin use any telepathic attacks.

illadelph12
laughing @ Thanos trying to rape Galactus hentai style. What is this world coming to?

King Kandy
I get what you're saying, but he didn't do any damage to Galactus, and Odin could do the same thing that Thanos did.

He complimented him on having a forcefield stronger than any he has tried to pierce before. No where does he say it was difficult for him to break it, and the picture doesn't suggest he had to strain to break it either.

Yes it is more tp than Odin has shown, I don't think I've seen Odin use any telepathic attacks.
Can you prove that Odin could do the same? And more importantly, can you prove he could do better?

I don't know why you're arguing about this, it's OBVIOUS that statement was made to show how powerful Thanos's shield was. If Galactus did it easily there wouldn't have been anything noticable, just like how I wouldn't usually say one ant is the biggest.

So it is possible Thanos could defeat Odin telepathically.

Mindset
I can't show you Odin doing the same thing to Galactus if that's what you're asking.

I'm arguing the shield because you're trying to make it out to be more impressive than it actually was. Galactus said it was strong, I've said this in everyone of my posts, the scan shows that. What the scan doesn't show is Galactus having difficulty breaking through it, so stop trying to say he did.

It could be possible he could beat Odin telepathically, I'm not aware of him having any impressive tp abilities. Someone more knowledgeable about that can argue against it.

King Kandy
But can you prove that his offensive power is greater then Post-Upgrade Thanos?

He id have trouble. He had to exert himself, something no other shield has made him do. And he's fought some VERY powerful beings. That scan in fact means that Thanos has better shields then anyone Galactus has ever faced.

So for now this is conceded.

Anyway i'm not Saying Thanos would win. Maybe he will, maybe he won't, but Odin will take loses. Her will not do as well as he did last time.

LORD B
odin would still win,but since their first fight thanos has had two upgrades and would give odin a hell of fight imo.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by LORD B
odin would still win,but since their first fight thanos has had two upgrades and would give odin a hell of fight imo.

I agree. I think Thanos could do OK... he doesn't win, but he'd do OK.

lando005
I wouldn't say it was close, because Thanos didn't do anything besides get smacked around, although he got in some hits he didn't do anything significant. he was trading shots evenly with odin for a while and he wasnt getting "smacked around" till almost around the end of the fight

lando005
are we using post upgrade thanos?

The Great Galen
Complete spite, Thanos dies everytime 100/10...Thanos isn't DS afterall.

Inhuman
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Thanos isn't DS afterall.

qtired

basilisk
He id have trouble. He had to exert himself, something no other shield has made him do. And he's fought some VERY powerful beings. That scan in fact means that Thanos has better shields then anyone Galactus has ever faced.

To be fair, the kind of very powerful beings Galactus has faced, like Tyrant, Mephisto, In-Betweener, Aggamotto etc don't even seem to employ any obvious shields a lot of the time. They are probably durable enough not to need them - they just stand there and kind of take his blasts in a fight.

Galactus did after all call it a 'mere' force field as though he doesn't think much of force fields in general. Interesting considering that Invisible Woman, Quasar, Magneto, and others have all blocked Galactus' blasts, and even multiple blasts while Thanos' shield was about to be destroyed by a "second blast".

Anyway I'd still go with Odin, since I don't think the Odinforce weakens outside of Asgard given some of his past feats.

llagrok
Thanos wouldn't fare very well.

Um yes he does. Have you somehow missed the scans?

Also he nearly beat Galactus with TP in his upgraded stage.

His shields were able to withstand one blast from Galactus. That's it.

Rhinoceros
Few points.

Xavier has gotten Galactus' attention before, in his astral form. He was even able to stall Lactus and from what I've seen Xavier has grown in power after that.

Galactus complements Thanos' technology (His shields) does he has his tech in this fight? And can someone post the scan before the scan where Lactus is blasting Thanos.

If you look at the floor of the ship/what ever, Galactus isn't blowing a big hole into it, so I'd assume he's not using THAT much power.

Didn't Thanos use his shields in the battle with Odin?

lando005
so we are using post upgrade thanos?
if we are thanos 7/10
if not odin 7/10

Inhuman
Originally posted by Rhinoceros
If you look at the floor of the ship/what ever, Galactus isn't blowing a big hole into it, so I'd assume he's not using THAT much power.

Thanos has been blasted by omega (2X as powerful as Galactus), and survived. Has survived Tyrant, The maker, Warrior Madness Thor with power gem, plus a few other heavy hitters best blows.
of coarse we can asume that these characters were all just giving thanos warning shots ermmnone

Odin Still would get majority without prep.

llagrok
The most hilarious thing is that people actually think Thanos is wiser than Odin smile

The Great Galen
That's thanos wanking for you, but yeah complete spite Thanos dies everytime 100/10

Larceny
Odin easily. Wiser, more powerful, etc, etc, etc, etc.

celestialdemon
How has this thread gone on as long as it has. Thanos loses 10/10.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by llagrok
The most hilarious thing is that people actually think Thanos is wiser than Odin smile

Starlin's Thanos probably is...

llagrok
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
Starlin's Thanos probably is...

Wiser than Stan Lee's omnipotent Odin? cool

Mr Marvel
Never did I state that Thanos was Wiser than Odin, in fact I said Odin was wiser, However I did say that Thanos is MORE Clever, Manipulative and Intelligent, hence why he always wins prep battles.

By some peoples' Logic Odin would be as strong w/in Dormmamu's Dark Dimension as he is in Asgard. Which doesn't make sense seeing as All Sky-fathers/dimensional lords are more powerful w/in their native dimension.

The point is Thanos is Neutral (No Dimensional Boost), therefore he's used to fighting against Stronger opponents, is Odin.

Also keep in Mind that Thanos has had a power boost since their battle, so he's stronger whereas Odin is Less Powerful outside of Asgard. Do you see my point here.

Another good point is that After Galactus got knock thru his ship he is noticeably angry by this, meaning that he was trying very hard to destroy Thanos, which is why he is surprised by the shield's strength when he attacked.
To understand his Anger you have to take into consideration Galactus's personality, he's supremely Arrogant w/ this Holy-er(spelling)-than-Thou attitude so image his reaction to having what he'd basically consider an insect to get the upperhand on him, that would be infuriating. And would require swift Vengence on his part. Imagine losing to a 5yr old at something your good at.

skyfather
thanos is also wise he new more about the inbetweeners own powers being unable to work in the nexus of reality, and that the chaos and order allowed his(ib) powers to only work in his prison.

Originally posted by The Great Galen
That's thanos for you, but yeah complete spite Thanos wins everytime 100/10

i wouldnt go that far

janus77
this would be an interesting battle, Thanos would definitely make Odin work for it (and Odin wasn't exactly having an easy time fighting Thanos IN Asgard).

imo Odin would eventually win, I don't think Thanos is quite up there yet, but Thanos could definitely trick him or prep on the fly and get a win.

Bouboumaster
3/10 to Thanos. He can win.

llagrok
Originally posted by janus77
this would be an interesting battle, Thanos would definitely make Odin work for it (and Odin wasn't exactly having an easy time fighting Thanos IN Asgard).

imo Odin would eventually win, I don't think Thanos is quite up there yet, but Thanos could definitely trick him or prep on the fly and get a win.

Odin has seen every possibility of every fight :/

Mr Marvel
Thanos wins

he's fought stronger enemies than Odin has, Thanos is more durable and intelligent, and has better recovery.

Why has Odin's eye not grown back if he is a god.

Plus if you know anything about Thanos he doesn't really lose and when he does he does it gracefully.

Larceny
These boards are getting ridiculous. Odin every single time, and easily.

King Kandy
Originally posted by basilisk
To be fair, the kind of very powerful beings Galactus has faced, like Tyrant, Mephisto, In-Betweener, Aggamotto etc don't even seem to employ any obvious shields a lot of the time. They are probably durable enough not to need them - they just stand there and kind of take his blasts in a fight.

Galactus did after all call it a 'mere' force field as though he doesn't think much of force fields in general. Interesting considering that Invisible Woman, Quasar, Magneto, and others have all blocked Galactus' blasts, and even multiple blasts while Thanos' shield was about to be destroyed by a "second blast".
Actually this only strengthens my position... If forcefields are very low-end to Galactus, Thanos's must really be something if it captured his attention.

King Kandy
I'm curious to see why people think Odin wins "easily" when he had trouble with Thanos BEFORE he was upgraded...

Mr. Slippyfist
Odin has seen every possibility of every fight :/ ...

laughing out loud

Rewmac
Thanos is the ultimate opporunist. Without opportunities, planning and prep time he gets beaten.

llagrok
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist

laughing out loud

Thor v2 84.

Go read.

Dumbass 313

basilisk
Actually this only strengthens my position... If forcefields are very low-end to Galactus, Thanos's must really be something if it captured his attention.

Possibly. OTOH if someone hid a lead weight inside a pile of laundry and I went to pick it up, I would be no doubt be surprised by the weight. I might even say something like "truly I have never had to expend so much effort to lift a mere pile of laundry - I am truly impressed by this laundry". But it still wouldn't require much effort to lift it - just more than I was expecting.

I think the scene intended to establish two things - 1 that Thanos has incredibly powerful shields, and 2 that Galactus is so powerful that even those shields are little protection against him.

Anyway, it doesn't change the fact that Invisible Woman's FField, Magneto's shields, Quasar's shields and others have been able to take as many blasts or more from Galactus as Thanos's did. It's just one of those cases where the hyperbole of the writer's dialogue contradicts actual on panel events. Maybe the writer didn't know. Maybe Galactus just has a bad memory.

Inhuman
Originally posted by basilisk
Possibly. OTOH if someone hid a lead weight inside a pile of laundry and I went to pick it up, I would be no doubt be surprised by the weight. I might even say something like "truly I have never had to expend so much effort to lift a mere pile of laundry - I am truly impressed by this laundry". But it still wouldn't require much effort to lift it - just more than I was expecting.

I think the scene intended to establish two things - 1 that Thanos has incredibly powerful shields, and 2 that Galactus is so powerful that even those shields are little protection against him.

Anyway, it doesn't change the fact that Invisible Woman's FField, Magneto's shields, Quasar's shields and others have been able to take as many blasts or more from Galactus as Thanos's did. It's just one of those cases where the hyperbole of the writer's dialogue contradicts actual on panel events. Maybe the writer didn't know. Maybe Galactus just has a bad memory.

Thanos had just blasted Galactus out his ship and was bouncing in the planets surface.
For someone who is as proud as Big G, I doubt he was in the best moods when he blasted Thanos.
It was no warning shot. Plus Thanos has survived a blast from Omega 2x Big G's power. Also Tyrant, the maker, ect.
But eh..

Mr. Slippyfist
Thor v2 84.

Go read.

Dumbass 313 That explains why he was so surprised he was overpowered in his fight against his son in his mind...

Hell, if he knew he wasn't going to do shit to Celestials, then why did he attack them.

Or when he created the Destroyer armor...

Didn't Doom beat his ass with some artifacts as well? He should have knew better to stay away.

Etc.

Larceny
I'm curious to see why people think Odin wins "easily" when he had trouble with Thanos BEFORE he was upgraded...

Trouble? The only thing troublesome about the battle was well.... nothing. Unless of course your referring to the trouble Thanos had attempting to even tarnish Odin's clothes.

celestialdemon

Because Odin really didn't have trouble. He wasn't hurt by Thanos at all, and he was able to work Thanos over without going all out.

Bad Ash231

Hell, if he knew he wasn't going to do shit to Celestials, then why did he attack them.

He was bored. 131fist

Mr Marvel
Originally posted by Larceny
These boards are getting ridiculous. Odin every single time, and easily.

1st off no-one beats Thanos easily, 2nd what could Odin do to Thanos?

No one has answered that question. Come with some Facts and Feats don't just say someone will win uhh...Just Because! That sounds stupid, develop an arguement.

It has been shown that Thanos's shields can take more than Odin can dish out (ie Galactus angry & Omega very angry!), He's smarter (can Prep during the battle) and has FAR Superior Mental defenses and Offenses (attacked Galactus mentally & Literally drove Drax insane)

Once again what can Odin do to Thanos?

llagrok
That explains why he was so surprised he was overpowered in his fight against his son in his mind...

Or when he created the Destroyer armor...

Didn't Doom beat his ass with some artifacts as well? He should have knew better to stay away.

Etc.

Odin is several thousand years old

You don't think he ever took acting classes?

celestialdemon

No one has answered that question. Come with some Facts and Feats don't just say someone will win uhh...Just Because! That sounds stupid, develop an arguement.

It has been shown that Thanos's shields can take more than Odin can dish out (ie Galactus angry & Omega very angry!), He's smarter (can Prep during the battle) and has FAR Superior Mental defenses and Offenses (attacked Galactus mentally & Literally drove Drax insane)

You're questioning Odin's power? Someone whose power can affect the universe and who has had a multiverse-shaking battle before? Not to mention that Thanos and Odin have already fought, and Thanos did absolutely nothing to him. Sorry, but the Mad Titan has quit a ways to go before he can touch Odin.

darthgoober
Edit

Larceny

The same thing he did the first time but to an even greater degree.

What are you talking about? He's already defeated him. Quite handedly actually.

It took one blast from Galactus. There isn't any reason to assume Odin can't do the same. Especially when considering his battles have effected the multiverse.

Kill him.

lando005
I'm curious to see why people think Odin wins "easily" when he had trouble with Thanos BEFORE he was upgraded... a fair argument dispite the fact that thanos lost the first time it was far from a one sided curb stomp like some people think, thanos proved that he could keep up with odin in a short term battle, post upgrades he should have somewhat of a slight edge over odin.

Inhuman
I already stated that Odin would get majority.

Another thing is that when others have taken a Galactus blast it was from a hungry Galactus. Very rarely if at all Big G is at full power.
The blast Thanos took was a well fed Galactus that was pissed off.
Impressive feat IMO.

Lord S
Post-Upgrade, his blasts are powerful enough to hurt Galactus (before they could barely make Odin flinch.) What is this mysterious 'upgrade' people are referring to? Is this an actual upgrade or a presumed upgrade?

Ah but Xavier was able to get the Big G's attention, and quite easily in X-Men 94 (or 93) when they met on the Skrull Throneworld. Getting someone's attention doesn't amount to much of a feat. And why is Thanos getting credit for TP skills? Moondragon's the one that did part of the work. The only times I've seen him use TP is when he's using someone as the link, (Moondragon in the above story, and Xavier in 'Infinity Crusade'.

As far as Odin goes...I'd like to think that Thanos would have a bit of a chance...but not much.

archmageKeenan
His Force-Fields are difficult for Galactus to penatrate:

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6706/energy31uw6.jpg

uh do u even read your own posted images?

Galactus: "very impressive, Titan. "
"never before I had to so exert myself in order to pierce a mere forcefield."

"Admirable technology. But a second blast will "

the first sentence clearly states that he pierced the forcefield.
He did not say I cannot pierce the field. he said he exerted himself in order to pierce the forcefield.

Second. the Images clearly shows that the field is pierced and Thano clearly sustained damage and is on his knees..literally smoking and on fire. How on earth can you take from that the forcefield held up? If Thanos is on fire from the attack, it is clearly obvious that the forcefield did not hold up.

The second sentence was to state that since the force field has been pierced, a seconc blast will dispose of Thanos.

Please, do read it again.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Lord S
What is this mysterious 'upgrade' people are referring to? Is this an actual upgrade or a presumed upgrade?
After "the end" he gave himself a power boost in case some old enemies decided to take a shot at him. It was a actual upgrade.

And in regards to archmageKeenan, did I ever SAY Galactus was unable to get through Thanos's shield? No, stop putting words in my mouth. I said he had trouble doing so. As you even admitted, Galactus had to exert himself to penetrate the shield.

Okay, so people are saying Odin will win easily. He won't. He may even lose.

Since the Odin fight (where Odin had trouble with Thanos), Thanos has assimilated Morg's power (and gave Tyrant a fight... Tyrant>Odin), and has gained another upgrade that has allowed him to take on a cube being, one of the strongest Heralds effortlessly, and Galactus himself. He is cleary far, far stronger then he was when he fought Odin (2x? 3x?) so saying Odin wins easily is pure insanity.

Mr Master
Since the Odin fight (where Odin had trouble with Thanos), Thanos has assimilated Morg's power (and gave Tyrant a fight... Tyrant>Odin), and has gained another upgrade that has allowed him to take on a cube being, one of the strongest Heralds effortlessly, and Galactus himself. He is cleary far, far stronger then he was when he fought Odin (2x? 3x?) so saying Odin wins easily is pure insanity.
I agree with this, except for the Cube being feat,
let's be fair,
the Maker was vulnerable in mortal form,
and incapable of harnessing it's true power,
in fact, this is why Thanos didn't dare kill the Maker, lest Beyonder pops out,
and Thanos acknowledged all of this.

But again, ol' T has definitely received a boost.

King Kandy
Even a weakened cube being is no slouch.

quanchi112
I for one think that Thanos could indeed take a very hard fought victory here.

Inhuman
One of his past upgrades was when he had to ASK Death to upgrade him, he requested to be upgraded 10 times more powerful than he was.
If he was the one giving himself the upgrade then... shifty

King Kandy
Eh? What are you talking about?

Inhuman
After "the end" he gave himself a power boost

lando005
Originally posted by Inhuman
One of his past upgrades was when he had to ASK Death to upgrade him, he requested to be upgraded 10 times more powerful than he was.
If he was the one giving himself the upgrade then... shifty
he had to power of THOTU at the time, same concept as when freedom ring permanently upped his physical stats through his cc ring

King Kandy
Originally posted by Inhuman

Yeah, i'm right. He states in his mini that he upgraded himself with THOTU prior to giving it up.

Inhuman
Yeah, i'm right. He states in his mini that he upgraded himself with THOTU prior to giving it up.

Thats what I was saying.

I said that if in the past he had to request an upgrade from death. He requested to be 10X more powerful. Had he asked for 100X more powerful he would more than likely be rejected of that request by death.

So my point was that if he was giving himself an upgrade it would probably be more than 10X more powerful since he was in control of how much more powerful the boost was.

Lord S
Since the Odin fight (where Odin had trouble with Thanos) Odin did not have any trouble handling Thanos...in fact it was the other way around. Thanos a LOT of trouble keeping up with Odin. Odin was unaffected by everything he threw at him...when it was all said and done, Thanos could barely stand, while Odin was mocking him.

I don't know how much truth there is in your upgrade theory...I'd have to re-read those issues, but I don't think it would help him that much against Odin.

Thanos could probably win 2.5-3/10 times max, using other factors (cunning and prep)...and that's being generous.

Larceny
This really isn't an argument. Odin easily. Based off what? The fact that he knocks planets over like ant hills, reignites suns, is capable of effecting the fabric of the multi-verse, destroy and recreate galaxies etc.

rico777
Originally posted by quanchi112
I for one think that Thanos could indeed take a very hard fought victory here.

No surprise there... Thanos still loses to Odin 10/10

celestialdemon

Since the Odin fight (where Odin had trouble with Thanos), Thanos has assimilated Morg's power.

He didn't assimilate Morg's power. Tyrant gave Morg his power back so he could take on Thanos and co.

lando005
people talk about the odin thanos fight like it was a 8 year old girl taking on mike tyson in a boxing match when it wasn't nearly that one sided

celestialdemon
Originally posted by lando005
people talk about the odin thanos fight like it was a 8 year old girl taking on mike tyson in a boxing match when it wasn't nearly that one sided

It basically was, except with an 8 year old that could take an ass whipping. Thanos didn't do anything to an Odin that wasn't going all out.

King Kandy
Originally posted by celestialdemon
He didn't assimilate Morg's power. Tyrant gave Morg his power back so he could take on Thanos and co.
No remember he had the Orb made of Morg's energy, and later assimilated it. Morg's powers were restored but a good deal of his energy was already in the orb.

King Kandy
It basically was, except with an 8 year old that could take an ass whipping. Thanos didn't do anything to an Odin that wasn't going all out.
Thanos couldn't make Odin flinch.

But now he sends Galactus FLYING. Do you understand just how much he's been upgraded? Inhuman gave a good argument for him being at least 10x his previous power, SND he's absorbed Morg's power since then.

quanchi112
Originally posted by rico777
No surprise there... Thanos still loses to Odin 10/10 It is all about the upgrades. Odin is more powerful imo in Asgard as well.

celestialdemon
No remember he had the Orb made of Morg's energy, and later assimilated it. Morg's powers were restored but a good deal of his energy was already in the orb.

How do you know that? Has that been confirmed anywhere? All I remember is Tyrant saying he didn't want to but he would restore Morg his Power Cosmic. I don't recall him saying anything about he would partially restore it.

LORD B

But now he sends Galactus FLYING. Do you understand just how much he's been upgraded? Inhuman gave a good argument for him being at least 10x his previous power, SND he's absorbed Morg's power since then.
just face it some people dont wish to give thanos any credit or acknowledge his upgrades in power.

quanchi112
just face it some people dont wish to give thanos any credit or acknowledge his upgrades in power. The Thanos hate really is sickening isnt it?

Peek
The Thanos hate really is sickening isnt it? laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Peek
laughing out loud Its true and you know it.

Peek
Its true and you know it. Originally posted by Peek
laughing out loud

LORD B
The Thanos hate really is sickening isnt it?
its more like hate/jealousy,and i dont understand why?

llagrok

lol

celestialdemon

No, he didn't give a good argument. He speculated based on the upgrade Death gave to Thanos to battle the Rot, which really doesn't have anything to do with the upgrade he gave himself after The End.

Yes, he sent Galactus flying, but it was a Galactus that was caught off guard. I would love to see Thanos try that same attack when Galan is ready for it the way Odin was.

celestialdemon
just face it some people dont wish to give thanos any credit or acknowledge his upgrades in power.

laughing

Thanos has been my all time favorite comic book character for over 15 years. I just know when he's outclassed.

LORD B
laughing

Thanos has been my all time favorite comic book character for over 15 years. I just know when he's outclassed.

im no way saying thanos would win,but imo he would put up hell of a better fight than in the first fight with odin. stick out tongue

celestialdemon
im no way saying thanos would win,but imo he would put up hell of a better fight than in the first fight with odin. stick out tongue

Of course he would. He's more powerful now than when he first faced Odin. But I don't believe he still has much chance of winning. If anything, he would actually hurt Odin this time.

Larceny
I love Thanos. He'd just get his ass kicked here.

Larceny
I also noticed how my post from the previous page was ignored.

lando005
It basically was, except with an 8 year old that could take an ass whipping. Thanos didn't do anything to an Odin that wasn't going all out. it wasnt that bad though thanos held his own pretty well in the begining of the fight and only started to loose it around the end of the fight

Mr. Slippyfist
I love Thanos. He'd just get his ass here. So... um... Thanos would get some ass in this battle?

Sounds like Odin's the b*tch here...

Larceny
it wasnt that bad though thanos held his own pretty well in the begining of the fight and only started to loose it around the end of the fight

Yeah.... bullshit.

LORD B
Of course he would. He's more powerful now than when he first faced Odin. But I don't believe he still has much chance of winning. If anything, he would actually hurt Odin this time.
i agree with what your saying,its just when people say "odin in a horrible stomp"without taking into consideration said upgrades.

lando005
Yeah.... bullshit. says you post the fight again if you want

celestialdemon
i agree with what your saying,its just when people say "odin in a horrible stomp"without taking into consideration said upgrades.

I take all of his upgrades into consideration, but I still think he loses 10/10.

Larceny

His upgrades are ignored, because well.... they wouldn't make a difference. With all his upgrades he's never displayed power which eclipsed that of a trans level being.

Larceny
says you post the fight again if you want

I don't need to post the fight. I'm sure everyone here has seen it and those who have pretty much agree that Thanos got his ass whooped. At the very most he was fighting to survive.

LORD B
His upgrades are ignored, because well.... they wouldn't make a difference. With all his upgrades he's never displayed power which eclipsed that of a trans level being.

what level would you put the maker on then?
thor w/power gem classic strange and surfer couldnt handle him.

celestialdemon
it wasnt that bad though thanos held his own pretty well in the begining of the fight and only started to loose it around the end of the fight

It was pretty bad. Odin was barely demonstrating a fraction of the power he's displayed over the years, and he was treating Thanos badly. Every attack Thanos was throwing at him was doing nothing. That's a one-sided fight.

quanchi112
I take all of his upgrades into consideration, but I still think he loses 10/10. How can you ignore that he became more powerful since he battled with Odin in Asgard.

celestialdemon
How can you ignore that he became more powerful since he battled with Odin in Asgard.

I'm not ignoring it, but he hasn't shown anything that would put him on a level to threaten the most powerful skyfather.

Larceny
what level would you put the maker on then?
thor w/power gem classic strange and surfer couldnt handle him.

What relevance does the maker have to this thread?

Larceny
How can you ignore that he became more powerful since he battled with Odin in Asgard.

Because it won't effect the outcome of the battle.

quanchi112
I'm not ignoring it, but he hasn't shown anything that would put him on a level to threaten the most powerful skyfather. I disagree, but to me I consider three factors here.

The first one is that in asgard Thanos showed the durability to take on Odin for a while.

Second is that Thanos has become more powerful since then.

3rd is that Odin is stronger in Asgard as opposed to anywhere else.

Larceny
I disagree, but to me I consider three factors here.

The first one is that in asgard Thanos showed the durability to take on Odin for a while.

Thanos displayed the durability to take an ass kicking from Odin. Also, a minor factor that people like to forget is that Thanos was banned from Death at the time of this bout. Killing him was physically impossible.

Doesn't matter. He still operates on similar levels which won't be enough to even be a threat to Odin.

Not true.

quanchi112
Thanos displayed the durability to take an ass kicking from Odin. Also, a minor factor that people like to forget is that Thanos was banned from Death at the time of this bout. Killing him was physically impossible.

Doesn't matter. He still operates on similar levels which won't be enough to even be a threat to Odin.

Not true. I cite the Maker battle and the Galactus blast as displays of his final amp. I disagree and think that Thanos could put a hurting on Odin after the last upgrade.

lando005
I don't need to post the fight. I'm sure everyone here has seen it and those who have pretty much agree that Thanos got his ass whooped. At the very most he was fighting to survive. toward the end of the fight yea but not throughout he was atleast strong enough to stand up to him for a while

LORD B
. With all his upgrades he's never displayed power which eclipsed that of a trans level being. Originally posted by Larceny
What relevance does the maker have to this thread?
the maker is above trans lvl who thanos defeated.

lando005
It was pretty bad. Odin was barely demonstrating a fraction of the power he's displayed over the years, and he was treating Thanos badly. Every attack Thanos was throwing at him was doing nothing. That's a one-sided fight. not completely they were trading shots back and forth in the begining and odin did indeed flitch, hell thanos even waded through a concetrated attack by odin, not to mention that odin complimented thanos's power. We all know thanos lost but it was no cake walk

Larceny
the maker is above trans lvl who thanos defeated.

Your speaking of the vastly weakened version of Maker whom made her self mortal, thus vulnerable?

Larceny
not completely they were trading shots back and forth in the begining and odin did indeed flitch, hell thanos even waded through a concetrated attack by odin, not to mention that odin complimented thanos's power. We all know thanos lost but it was no cake walk

Bullshit

LORD B
Your speaking of the vastly weakened version of Maker whom made her self mortal, thus vulnerable?
still above trans though.

King Kandy
Yeah. The regular Beyonder was above Skyfather, the Maker should at least be in the trans-skyfather range.

Larceny
still above trans though.

Which you have no proof of. She rendered herself mortal, thus incapable of harnessing her true power and making her vulnerable. In fact, even in this state she briefly one shotted Thanos.

Larceny
Yeah. The regular Beyonder was above Skyfather, the Maker should at least be in the trans-skyfather range.

Which again, you have no proof of.

King Kandy
I do have proof that the Beyonder was above skyfather... What evidence is there that the Maker was so much lowered that she was below trans?

Larceny
I do have proof that the Beyonder was above skyfather... What evidence is there that the Maker was so much lowered that she was below trans?

Yes you do. Luckily Thanos didn't fight Beyonder.

Now were being asked to prove negatives?

llagrok
The maker is incredibly suspectible to telepathy.

It hardly matters how powerful she is, because Oracle was able to mind**** her. Oracle, who the stepford cuckoos beat with ease. The maker didn't exactly have top notch TP defenses, to say the least.

celestialdemon
not completely they were trading shots back and forth in the begining and odin did indeed flitch, hell thanos even waded through a concetrated attack by odin, not to mention that odin complimented thanos's power. We all know thanos lost but it was no cake walk

Tyrant complimented Thanos' power, too, but Thanos was still no match for him. The only time Thanos didn't budge was Odin's first attack. After that, he was staggered or blown back with each attack. He waded through Odin's concentrated attack, but still had to defend himself while doing it. After he grabbed the spear and they went in the air, it was Thanos who was on all fours sucking wind. Odin was perfectly unscathed. Again, a one-sided fight.

Larceny
Tyrant complimented Thanos' power, too, but Thanos was still no match for him. The only time Thanos didn't budge was Odin's first attack. After that, he was staggered or blown back with each attack. He waded through Odin's concentrated attack, but still had to defend himself while doing it. After he grabbed the spear and they went in the air, it was Thanos who was on all fours sucking wind. Odin was perfectly unscathed. Again, a one-sided fight.

thumb up

LORD B
Which you have no proof of. She rendered herself mortal, thus incapable of harnessing her true power and making her vulnerable. In fact, even in this state she briefly one shotted Thanos.
the most powerful being in the known universehttp://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg202/booie2008/maker1.jpg

despite mortal form you say not trans level?

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg202/booie2008/maker2.jpg
a GOD

so what he got one shotted thanos, he still got up a kicked her ass.

Exiled Presence
Odin. He kills Galaxies for goodness sakes.

celestialdemon
I disagree, but to me I consider three factors here.

True, but keep in mind Odin wasn't going all out. Plus, despite him lasting in the fight, Thanos was unable to harm Odin.

True

I still haven't seen this confirmed anywhere. Anyone have a scan stating this?

llagrok
Gladiator is wrong most of the time really.

He thought he could take on Rachel.
He thought that the Shi'ar mental shields could stand up to Cassandra Nova
He thought he could take on the Scyar elder
He thought he could take on Thor.

Do you know WHY Gladiator was in the Kyln? To assassinate the maker. If the maker can be hurt by Thanos' telepathy and Skreets, then she ain't the most powerful being in the universe.

Let's try to put 2 and 2 together people.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>