The Ruins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Röland
ZWLZcTAcxoo

"A group of friends whose leisurely Mexican holiday takes a turn for the worse when they, along with a fellow tourist embark on a remote archaeological dig in the jungle, where something evil lives among the ruins."

--------------------

This doesn't really look like anything special, but I really liked the book by Scott Smith, so I will probably go see this when it hits theaters.

Thoughts?

steverules
I have mixed feelings

Neo Darkhalen
I have negative feelings towards this.

=Tired Hiker=
I have mixed negative feelings interlaced with bursts of low expectations.

amlap
Originally posted by steverules
I have mixed feelings

yes

ragesRemorse
this looks like one of those movies where the Filmmakers fail at making me forget im watching a movie. I will look forward to pirating this or waiting for it to pop up on HBO.

Selphie
Yeah, this looks pretty dumb, but I may just give it a check anyways. Gotta judge it by yourself, to see how dumb it really is.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I will look forward to pirating this or waiting for it to pop up on HBO.
"nuff said!

MildPossession
Meh, it looks okay. DVD wait.

deathbycorn
This looks great, I will probably get off my ass and go and see it at the cinemas.

FistOfThe North
i saw it last night. It was in between ok & good. I initially hesitated watching the movie but my sis told me about it for like a half hr and a i said what the hey. i even told her to tell me how it ends cause i wasn't gonna watch it anyway.

I applaud the movie for making me feel genuinely sorry for the victims in the movie in an intense way. And that almost never happens with me with horror movies.

I wished more horror movies did it that way. Like make you really feel the "I wouldn't want to be them" type of thing more often. Yea, that's the case with almost all horrors and how all director's try to do it but to actually see horrific sh*t that makes you feel really happy to be alive and extremely lucky that your not in such a situation, is partly what makes a good horror movie a good one. And "The Ruins" did just that. And it wasn't only psychological, it was gory as hell, too.

Overall, as a horror movie, i give it a 7/10. Oh and a sequel seems likely with how it ended imo.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
i saw it last night. It was in between ok & good. I initially hesitated watching the movie but my sis told me about it for like a half hr and a i said what the hey. i even told her to tell me how it ends cause i wasn't gonna watch it anyway.

I applaud the movie for making me feel genuinely sorry for the victims in the movie in an intense way. And that almost never happens with me with horror movies.

I wished more horror movies did it that way. Like make you really feel the "I wouldn't want to be them" type of thing more often. Yea, that's the case with almost all horrors and how all director's try to do it but to actually see horrific sh*t that makes you feel really happy to be alive and extremely lucky that your not in such a situation, is partly what makes a good horror movie a good one. And "The Ruins" did just that. And it wasn't only psychological, it was gory as hell, too.

Overall, as a horror movie, i give it a 7/10. Oh and a sequel seems likely with how it ended imo.

well, im actually looking forward to this coming to the redbox then

angelamia
I saw a screening for this almost 4 months ago. I'm not sure how it's changed since then, but let me say I found this movie to be incredibly good. When I go into a horror movie, I expect a bit of cheese, a lot of gore, and as fistofthenorth said, I want to feel sorry for the characters. The Ruins had it all. The only problem I had with the movie was the horrible german accent, but I can only assume that most people didn't notice that. I think the movie is perfect for what it is, a horror movie, not a drama.

MildPossession
I didn't think it was anything special but it's not a waste of your time watching it. They changed a lot from the book apparently, especially the ending no one survived and the last of the group commited suicide

The bit that I liked was when Jean Malone's character chucked part of the plant and it hit the boy(in the group keeping them from escaping) and the people turned on him to kill him, Quite sad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.