Kitano Takeshi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

meatwadsprite
I've only seen four films of his - and all of them within these past 3 days.

In case you never heard of him - you may recogonize him as the teacher in Battle Royale : he stars in all the films he directs as well.

JediSamuraiMRB
I've seen all of his work. Excellent actor

SmashBro
I've seen him in Battle Royale and Zatoichi, both which are pretty good movies. I had no idea he's a comedian too.

MildPossession
If you haven't seen it, a must see film is Hana Bi/Fireworks, one of his best films. Kikujiro is rather good too, but if you're into his more violent films only then you might not enjoy it so much.

If you like Kitano films, then try films by a film-maker called Seijun Suzuki. Youth of the Beast, Branded to Kill, Tokyo Drifter are three(from the 60s) of his more famous films. Pistol Opera is suppose to be good, but have yet to see this one.

dhurley05
I really liked Hana Bi and Dolls. He is talented. I like his style.

endrict
isn't there is a movie with Omar?

Dusty
I've seen all his movies. Not a bad apple in the bunch.

MildPossession
Yes Endrict, called Brother. Not one of his best.

Dusty
Originally posted by MildPossession
Yes Endrict, called Brother. Not one of his best.

It's not one of his best, but it's certainly good. I'd say his last two contributions really lack in luster. Especially to non-Kitano regulars.

MildPossession
Wow, I enjoyed Dolls, and Zatoichi more than Brother, especially Zatoichi. Unless you meant his 05, and 07 releases that I have yet to see.

Dusty
Originally posted by MildPossession
Wow, I enjoyed Dolls, and Zatoichi more than Brother, especially Zatoichi. Unless you meant his 05, and 07 releases that I have yet to see.

I'm speaking of "Glory To The Filmmaker" and "Takeshis". Oddball films they are. Still worth at least one viewing.

Dolls and Zatoichi are excellent.

Endrict Nuul
I say Zatoichi and Fireworks are his best.

llagrok
I don't think Takeshis is bad.

It's weird, but not bad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.