Prep and resources hierarchy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alfheim
We got a martial arts ranking thread how about ranking for preps? The ranking will depend on what level a threat a villain is and how useful a heros prep is in disasters. For example Thanos can be seen as a universal threat and Reed can be seen as uinversal saviour. Ranking will involve mostly intelligence and resources but not other powers, so for example Thanos used his intelligence and resources to conquer the universe but try not to include other cosmic powers. Ok he probably didnt just use his intelligence but that was the main characteristic that helped him.

Ive decided not include people like Cap because eventhough hes really smart he doesnt really have "resources" like Tony or even Frank Castle, sure he can get stuff but he usually uses his teamates and his smarts.

Anyway attempt at ranks.

Universal threat/Saviour (intelligent enough to destroy, conquer or save the uinverse through intelligence and prep)

Dr Doom, Thanos, Reed, Darkseid, Lex Luthor

Global threat/Saviour (Intelligent enough to destroy, conquer or save the world)

Kang, Master Of The World, Tony Stark

National to Street (Characters that are mainly involved with the streets, this may go as far as them being involved on an international level with espionage but not usually global)

Kingpin, Punisher, Bullseye,

Feel free to alter if you are interested.

Lil Buddy
Good idea.

Galan007
Batman - Universal.

Lil Buddy
Originally posted by Galan007
Batman - Universal. Batman Global and Tony is possibly Universal. A high chance hes not know with all hes got going on right now.

Galan007
Originally posted by Lil Buddy
Batman Global and Tony is possibly Universal. A high chance hes not know with all hes got going on right now. Meh,
If Batman is Global -- then Lex is not Universal, imo.

Lil Buddy
Lex has done more with prep than Batman has if I remember correctly.

Wally West
Darkseid and Thanos should probably be on a different tier to Luthor/Doom etc. Maybe a multiverse threat or something.

Alfheim
Suggestions

Im crap at organsing I suggest we get somebody else to organise it in a similar manner that we have in the MA rankings system. Anyway my suggestion is to add an intergalactic category and possibly multiversal.

So we could have.

Multiversal
Mxy (Debateable that he has tech), Thanos, Darkseid.

Universal
Batman, Lex, Dr Doom, Reed,

Intergalactic
Tony Starks, Supreme Intelligence, Master Of The Worlds

Global
Nick Fury, Red Skull

International to street
Kingpin, Bullseye, Punisher, Crossbones

(Just a suggested list)

Batman Global and Tony is possibly Universal. A high chance hes not know with all hes got going on right now.

I was actually thinking of making a seprate tier like Global, intergalactic and universal. For example I can see Tony using prep to take on Krees and Skrulls but I cant see him taking over the whole universe.

Lex has done more with prep than Batman has if I remember correctly.

Thats possibly because hes a villain, if Batman was so inclined he could do the same.

Originally posted by Wally West
Darkseid and Thanos should probably be on a different tier to Luthor/Doom etc. Maybe a multiverse threat or something.

Ok no problem buit can you prove it. As far as I know Thanos has taken over the unverse but not more than one.

Galan007
Originally posted by Wally West
Thanos should probably be on a different tier to Luthor/Doom etc. Maybe a multiverse threat or something. Without outside help, -- no way. no

Inhuman
High Evolutionary, Mr. Sinister, Black Panther, Punisher, Joker, Deathstroke, Grandmaster, Strange.

Lil Buddy
Originally posted by Alfheim

Thats possibly because hes a villain, if Batman was so inclined he could do the same.

But he hasn't.

You seem to work with possibly's and maybes.

Try working on that when your trying to prove a point.

Neo Darkhalen
We got a martial arts ranking thread how about ranking for preps? The ranking will depend on what level a threat a villain is and how useful a heros prep is in disasters. For example Thanos can be seen as a universal threat and Reed can be seen as uinversal saviour. Ranking will involve mostly intelligence and resources but not other powers, so for example Thanos used his intelligence and resources to conquer the universe but try not to include other cosmic powers. Ok he probably didnt just use his intelligence but that was the main characteristic that helped him.

Ive decided not include people like Cap because eventhough hes really smart he doesnt really have "resources" like Tony or even Frank Castle, sure he can get stuff but he usually uses his teamates and his smarts.

Anyway attempt at ranks.

Universal threat/Saviour (intelligent enough to destroy, conquer or save the uinverse through intelligence and prep)

Dr Doom, Thanos, Reed, Darkseid, Lex Luthor

Global threat/Saviour (Intelligent enough to destroy, conquer or save the world)

Kang, Master Of The World, Tony Stark

National to Street (Characters that are mainly involved with the streets, this may go as far as them being involved on an international level with espionage but not usually global)

Kingpin, Punisher, Bullseye,

Feel free to alter if you are interested.

Phoenix/Dark-Universal threat/Saviour
Appocolypse-Global threat
Venom-National to Street
Galactimus-Universal threat
The Joker-National to Street
The Riddler-Global threat
Mr. Freeze (Zero)-Global threat

LORD B
universal threat- annihilus

Val
Braniac for whatever the highest level is

ankur29
reed universal
dr.strange univesal
spiderman street

Alfheim
But he hasn't.

You seem to work with possibly's and maybes.

Try working on that when your trying to prove a point.

I dont care, looking at his intelligence and his resources he could be a universal threat, hes not a villain so hes not inclined to do things that Lex has, not going to argue you about this.

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Phoenix/Dark-Universal threat/Saviour
Appocolypse-Global threat
Venom-National to Street
Galactimus-Universal threat
The Joker-National to Street
The Riddler-Global threat
Mr. Freeze (Zero)-Global threat

Phoenix is not allowed shes not a prepper. Its a thread for people who use intelligence and resources.

Note

I'll change the list tommorrow but I think we should get some votes on where Batman should be on this hierachy.

tjcoady
Mxy uses tech, not magic. I'd include him.

Professor Niles Caulder and Doc Magnus to Global level.

Lex to downgrade to World from Universal.

Henry Pym to Global.

Batman did create Brother Eye- which was a multiversal tool. Although that required Alexander Luthor's upgrade.

Alexander Luthor to multiversal prep threat.

Alfheim
Multiversal
Mxy (Debateable that he has tech), Thanos, Darkseid, Alexander Luthor, Braniac

Universal
Batman, Lex, Dr Doom, Reed, Annihilus, Galactus

Intergalactic

Global
Nick Fury, Red Skull, Professor Niles Caulder, Doc Magnus, Mr Freeze, The Riddler, Apocalypse, Hank Pym

International to street
Kingpin, Bullseye, Punisher, Crossbones, The Joker, Spiderman

Note

Should Mxy be on this list? Should Dr Strange be on this list most of his prep comes from magic. I dont think Venom should be on this list either not really a prepper.

What are the votes for Batman and Lex there seems to be a difference of opinion?

1 Vote for Lex to World from Universal

Originally posted by Inhuman
High Evolutionary, Mr. Sinister, Black Panther, Punisher, Joker, Deathstroke, Grandmaster, Strange.

Yeah? Were on the list?

Galan007
Multiversal
Mxy (Debateable that he has tech) Actually,
Mxy himself said that science from the 5th-D is so sophisticated, it's perceived as magic to beings in lesser dimensions:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_Mxy_5dscience.jpg

smile

King_Mungi
FYI, Master of the World actually made plans to save the multiverse during Infinity War battling Magus.

Just saying smile

skyfather
current ultron -universal?

Alfheim
Actually,
Mxy himself said that science from the 5th-D is so sophisticated, it's perceived as magic to beings in lesser dimensions:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_Mxy_5dscience.jpg

smile

Yeah I know but I think you also said afterwards that most sources say that its magic. no expression

Originally posted by King_Mungi
FYI, Master of the World actually made plans to save the multiverse during Infinity War battling Magus.

Just saying smile

MMMM yeah but I think it only involved Toronto and it didnt work. sad

Galan007
Yeah I know but I think you also said afterwards that most sources say that its magic. no expression That was before I took into account the fact that Mxy himself is telling us that he really uses 5-D science -- and it's only percieved as magic to lesser beings, .

Mxy uses what he calls science -- this is a fact he personally stated on panel.

Should he be on the list? No, .

Alfheim
That was before I took into account the fact that Mxy himself is telling us that he really uses 5-D science -- and it's only percieved as magic to lesser beings, .

Mxy uses what he calls science -- this is a fact he personally stated on panel.

Thats what I was thinking...but im pretty sure you said most sources say its magic after you showed that scan...nevermind

Should he be on the list? No, .

I thought thats just simply because his tech is so advanced.

King_Mungi
MMMM yeah but I think it only involved Toronto and it didnt work. sad

Errr? No he opened a portal in Toronto to free the Ska'r which was one part of his plan. It didn't actually have to deal with Toronto itself.

In the end it did fail, because Alpha Flight fudged it up...damn Canadians.

Alfheim
Errr? No he opened a portal in Toronto to free the Ska'r which was one part of his plan. It didn't actually have to deal with Toronto itself.

In the end it did fail, because Alpha Flight fudged it up...damn Canadians.

Yeah so it only involved Toronto...and it didnt work...like I said....

iceman24567
Vandal Savage - Global
Sinestro-Universal
Monarch-Multiversal

skyfather
joe quaseda-anything comic related threat

batdude123
Originally posted by iceman24567
Monarch-Multiversal

Monarch? Really? erm

King_Mungi
Yeah so it only involved Toronto...and it didnt work...like I said....

What? Uuuuuuh..clearly you didn't read the issue as the portal OPENED in Toronto, but was not merely localized in Toronto and the reason the portal opened there was Talisman was there. Talisman was the Ska'r gatekeeper, so Master weakened her and helped break down their dimensional prison so they could enter our realm. The reason they came to Toronto was Talisman was in Toronto

All universal plans fail in the end erm

iceman24567
Originally posted by batdude123
Monarch? Really? erm I could be wrong gosh.boxed2

Galan007
Monarch? Really? erm Nah. ermmno

King_Mungi

TricksterPriest
Drop Thanos down to universal. He's out of his league. He belongs with the universal threats/saviors.

Classic Dr. Strange for universal.

King_Mungi
Shaman for universal then shifty

Marvel Age #2
John Byrne: "If you want to sum it up . . . he's Dr. Strange--but he does it with potions and herbs and little dolls and stuff, instead of just doing it with the power of his mind, the way Strange does. This possibly gives Shaman a slight advantage, I don't know. If he had the tools at hand, he can make just about anything. I don't know if Strange has that kind of power over the physical world."

StylishSmurph
Alpha Flight for whatever's below street. no expression

Joker for Global
Spider-Man for street
Batman for Global.

Realistically, villains like Lex, Doom and Thanos will, more often than not, be higher than their archenemies or general opponents because their ambition is much greater. So they've proved more.

And why is Darkseid so high? He can't even figure out the ALE, and without that, he ain't conquering multiverses.

Thanos, on the other hand, has.

Thanos for higher than Darkseid.

Inhuman
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Drop Thanos down to universal. He's out of his league. He belongs with the universal threats/saviors.

Lets drop DS as well. How long has he been looking for the ALE? And Still is unsuccessful. Is he even a threat? erm
Thanos has become a God 3 times.

Others to Add:

-Spiderman
-Kraven The Hunter
-Adam Warlock
-Leader
-Grandmaster

King_Mungi
Originally posted by StylishSmurph
Alpha Flight for whatever's below street. no expression

Don't be jealous, hell Shaman literally has access to a entire universe in his pouch wink

TricksterPriest
Rock of ages, GDS, Foundations, OWAW, Countdown, S/B, Genesis, need I go on?

Alfheim
What? Uuuuuuh..clearly you didn't read the issue as the portal OPENED in Toronto, but was not merely localized in Toronto and the reason the portal opened there was Talisman was there. Talisman was the Ska'r gatekeeper, so Master weakened her and helped break down their dimensional prison so they could enter our realm. The reason they came to Toronto was Talisman was in Toronto

So basically the portal opened in Toronto, they entered our realm in Toronto and they came Toronto because of Talisman but the plan didnt involve Toronto? Im not saying it was Masters intention to just involve Toronto but the fact is that it did.

All universal plans fail in the end erm

Most of the time yes but in Masters case it dindt even get beyond a city. Its not like other villains were they have caused alot more damage and have come close to succeeding for example Dr Doom succesfully got hold of Beyonders power.

Peek
Batman Universal?

No way.

King_Mungi
So basically the portal opened in Toronto, they entered our realm in Toronto and they came Toronto because of Talisman but the plan didnt involve Toronto? Im not saying it was Masters intention to just involve Toronto but the fact is that it did.

They didn't come to Toronto, they had to as that's where Talisman's will broke. They could have popped in Moscow if Talisman was there. That's like saying Dr.Doom's plans are merely Latveria schemes because he began the plans in Latveria... that makes no sense. Where the plan begins has no relverance to the grand scheme of the plan. It was meant to save the universe, not Toronto.

Most of the time yes but in Masters case it dindt even get beyond a city. Its not like other villains were they have caused alot more damage and have come close to succeeding for example Dr Doom succesfully got hold of Beyonders power.

Errr..it was said the Ska'r influence was growing and getting past Toronto. The Ska'r were growing stronger by each minute and it was Pathway with the help of Talisman who sent them back to their dimension and sealed it up before the world fell into their control.

Alfheim
They didn't come to Toronto, they had to as that's where Talisman's will broke. They could have popped in Moscow if Talisman was there. That's like saying Dr.Doom's plans are merely Latveria schemes because he began the plans in Latveria... that makes no sense. Where the plan begins has no relverance to the grand scheme of the plan. It was meant to save the universe, not Toronto.

No its not just the grand scheme of the plan its how far you get. What so were supposed to compare that success level to Dr Doom gaining Beyonders powers or Annilihation wave? The plan was to save the universe but it was stuck to one city.

Errr..it was said the Ska'r influence was growing and getting past Toronto. The Ska'r were growing stronger by each minute and it was Pathway with the help of Talisman who sent them back to their dimension and sealed it up before the world fell into their control.

Er it was getting past Toronto...so in other words it didnt really get past Toronto did it? It was going to but it didnt.

King_Mungi
No its not just the grand scheme of the plan its how far you get. What so were supposed to compare that success level to Dr Doom gaining Beyonders powers or Annilihation wave? The plan was to save the universe but it was stuck to one city.

but it wasn't stuck in one city and regardless the Ska'r apparently with just one city halted Magnus plans, "but the coming of duality, the power play of minds of the human ants--that I can see. That I can prevent. I have unleashed the Ska'r and through their malign influence. I will stop you."

He also commented, "but if I cannot avert the larger scale catasptrohe, I can take steps to ensure it stays mine!"

"I am the Master, and this world I have claimed as my own to do with as I see fit. Through a pocket of madness strong enough even to resist your influence" meaning the plan was already working and blocking Magnus.

"The human psi's are buckling under the strain of keeping the worlds from merging. From this moment on I must focus all my enchanted might. Lock mental horns with the Magnus"

So yes the plan was already working and growing stronger by the second.

Er it was getting past Toronto...so in other words it didnt really get past Toronto did it? It was going to but it didnt.

Talisman said their influence passed Toronto, we just don't know how far it got apparently the Ska'r were soon going to overtake Canada.

Galan007
Brainiac's on the list, right?

I'd like to see Martin Stein in at least the Global catagory, as well.

King_Mungi
Reading back I would say the Master feat was a global catagory, but could have developed into more. So leave him as is then.

Alfheim
Multiversal
Mxy (Debateable that he has tech), Alexander Luthor, Braniac, Monarch

Universal
Batman, Lex, Dr Doom, Reed, Annihilus, Galactus, Sinestro, Thanos, Darkseid, Ultron, Adam Warlock, Grandmaster, High Evolutinary

Intergalactic

Global
Nick Fury, Red Skull, Professor Niles Caulder, Doc Magnus, Mr Freeze, The Riddler, Apocalypse, Hank Pym, Vandal Savage, Mark Stein, The Joker, Leader, Mr Sinister, Black Panther

International to street
Kingpin, Bullseye, Punisher, Crossbones, Spiderman, Deathstroke, Kraven The Hunter

Votes

1 Vote against Mxy being on the list
1 Vote for Mxy being on the list
2 Votes against Batman being universal
2 Votes for Batman being universal

Reading back I would say the Master feat was a global catagory, but could have developed into more. So leave him as is then.

Agreed. thumb up

Neo Darkhalen
I dont care, looking at his intelligence and his resources he could be a universal threat, hes not a villain so hes not inclined to do things that Lex has, not going to argue you about this.

Phoenix is not allowed shes not a prepper. Its a thread for people who use intelligence and resources.

Note

I'll change the list tommorrow but I think we should get some votes on where Batman should be on this hierachy.

Sorry, mr. high horse.

Alfheim
Sorry, mr. high horse.

Ok calm down I got no beef with you. no expression

King_Mungi
Vote against Mxy being on the list:
Votes against Batman being universal
---
Also don't forget about Shaman and Carcass

Galan007
Hey Mungi,
Do you think Global is a good place for Stein?

I know he's at least Global, but potentially more, .

Thoughts?

Alfheim
Vote against Mxy being on the list:
Votes against Batman being universal
---
Also don't forget about Shaman and Carcass

Whos Carcass? I was kinda against putting Strange and Shaman because alot of their power comes from magic not all of it though...well what do you think?

King_Mungi
Hey Mungi,
Do you think Global is a good place for Stein?

I know he's at least Global, but potentially more, .

Thoughts?

Good question, Stein really hasn't done much in prep so it's kinda hard to say. I would say most definetly he is global, but like you said he has the potential, but as of yet hasn't fully shown it. I would put money he is more then global, but as of right now it's speculation.

King_Mungi

Alfheim
Ok where should Shaman go on the list then....i dunno man Carcass doesnt look like a prepper to me.

King_Mungi
Ok where should Shaman go on the list then....i dunno man Carcass doesnt look like a prepper to me.

Shaman: Not sure

Carcass: Well he plan did take over the Land of the Dead and he created the Unmasking which was about to destroy all of reality.

Alfheim
Shaman: Not sure

Sounds kinda Global.

Carcass: Well he plan did take over the Land of the Dead and he created the Unmasking which was about to destroy all of reality.

Yyyyyeah but he has got reality warping powers.....

King_Mungi
Sounds kinda Global.

Could be, but the Void is a universal threat

Yyyyyeah but he has got reality warping powers.....

Yes and no, all we know is he warped the Land of the Dead, which Shaman did as well.

Alfheim
Could be, but the Void is a universal threat

Yes and no, all we know is he warped the Land of the Dead, which Shaman did as well.

....my head hurts.... laughing out loud

Anyway im thinking of putting Shaman on Global but im a bit skeptical on putting carcass in, if you insist I can put it to a vote i'll probably add them tommorrow or later today.

Eventhough the void is a universal threat that still doesnt neccesarily make him one..its a bit like Master and his Skar. Potentially it could have been multiversal but it wasnt. Obvoulsy its not clear cut though.

King_Mungi
....my head hurts.... laughing out loud

Anyway im thinking of putting Shaman on Global but im a bit skeptical on putting carcass in, if you insist I can put it to a vote i'll probably add them tommorrow or later today.

Shaman at global is fine, and put Carcass in the vote and see what people think

Neo Darkhalen
Ok calm down I got no beef with you. no expression

I apologise, same here. no expression

Alfheim
I apologise, same here. no expression

No worries. thumb up

batdude123
I vote to keep Batman at Universal.

invisiblewoman
i vote Batman - universal too . . .

Neo Darkhalen
Co-signed.

tjcoady
Batman really only preps for Universal threats with JLA resources... unless someone can point something out from Detective or Batman that I've missed over the last few years.

Mr Master
Reed rules all. The guy can invent anything, for any purpose.

From turning Galactus into a human being,
to erasing/recreating Universes,
to threatening the Marvel Omniverse.

Reed + prep/tech = an uber god.

batdude123
Originally posted by tjcoady
Batman really only preps for Universal threats with JLA resources... unless someone can point something out from Detective or Batman that I've missed over the last few years.

Most of which is already his own tech, not to mention all the extra tech he's added and built on the ship. Hell, he created the entire defense system of the Watchtower.

Batman is indeed a universal prepper (for lack of a better word).

Superherovandal
Lex Luthor is certainly up there. He created a energy reader and locator in seemingly seconds from one of the villain's cellular devices

tjcoady
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Lex Luthor is certainly up there. He created a energy reader and locator in seemingly seconds from one of the villain's cellular devices

Loved that. It's nice to see super-intelligent mad scientist Luthor back, rather than crazy, not making any sense Project Everyman Luthor.

And my point about Batman was really that he generally doesn't prep for Universal reasons. You're right that he is capable of it.

Where would Mister Terrific fit in?

By the way, Henry Bendix for Multiversal threat.

TricksterPriest
Can't say anything on Bendix. Digi or someone else who reads Stormwatch/Authority can argue it. I'll co-sign whatever they can prove.

Terrific is at least a global, considering he was the bishop for Checkmate.

Metron for multiversal.

King_Mungi
Madison Jeffries-Global

Val
Is multiversal, universal, intergalactic, etc just the names being used for the tiers? Taken at face value they don't seem to make much sense.

TricksterPriest
If you have something better, do share. We'll take anything decent at this point.

batdude123
Ray Palmer for universal.

Val
If you have something better, do share. We'll take anything decent at this point.
I was asking a question.

What I'm simply asking is how much of it is actual intelligence rather than resources. For example, I haven't seen anything from Monarch to suggest he's anymore intelligent than your standard megalomaniac villain. Same deal with Sinestro and a few others.

batdude123
Originally posted by Val
I was asking a question.

What I'm simply asking is how much of it is actual intelligence rather than resources. For example, I haven't seen anything from Monarch to suggest he's anymore intelligent than your standard megalomaniac villain. Same deal with Sinestro and a few others.

Exactly.

Nathaniel Adams isn't the Batman/Reed Richards type of character. laughing out loud

Superherovandal
Sinestro is extremely smart tactically at least. and by smart in this thread does it only mean like you know OH I created the UBER-INSTA-DEFEAT-RAY or does it also include tactical intelligence and political intellect.

However, if there is any multiversal level human its Alexander Luthor Jr.

tjcoady
In regards to the Monarch debate, perhaps we should work out some sort of system- individuals like Darkseid or Monarch attain their vast resources because they in and of themselves are extremely powerful. Someone like Reed Richards or Luthor attain their resources not because of intrinsic power but because of intelligence. Monarch wouldn't have a vast army if he wasn't able to individually bitchslap everyone who he recruited...

And as to Henry Bendix as a multiversal threat- he traded places with another Bendix whose passion was "fixing universes," and he sailed the Bleed, doing this. He recruited the best tech and resources he could find through each alternative Earth, and very, very nearly took out the Authority. He had access to reality sailing tech, time travel, vast mind control... I'd say he's definitely on a Multiversal threat level, because until the Authority killed him (again), he was operating, quite successfully, on a Multiversal scale. Anyone who reads Stormwatch or Authority regularly can back me or disagree on this.

My votes to change the current list:

Metron for Multiversal.
Mr. Terrific for Global.
Ra's Al Ghul for Global.
Definitely downgrade the Riddler, substantially. The biggest plot he has ever pulled off on his own was threating Star City with an atomic bomb- and he had help for that.

King Kandy
Batman to global. Seriously, what has he done that's universal?

Alfheim
Multiversal (Many universes)
Mxy (Debateable that he has tech), Alexander Luthor, Braniac, Monarch, Henry Bendix(?), Metron

Universal( The whole universe, not just the major races but includes abstracts)
Batman, Lex, Dr Doom, Reed, Annihilus, Galactus, Sinestro, Thanos, Darkseid, Ultron, Adam Warlock, Grandmaster, High Evolutinary, Ray Palmer

Intergalactic (Threat to Skrull, Kree, Shi'ar and other races)

Global
Nick Fury, Red Skull, Professor Niles Caulder, Doc Magnus, Mr Freeze, The Riddler, Apocalypse, Hank Pym, Vandal Savage, Mark Stein, The Joker, Leader, Mr Sinister, Black Panther, Shaman, Mister Terrific, Madison Jeffries, Ra's Al Ghul

International to street
Kingpin, Bullseye, Punisher, Crossbones, Spiderman, Deathstroke, Kraven The Hunter

Votes

1 Vote for Lex to remain at universal
2 Votes against Mxy being on the list
3 Votes against Batman being universal
5 Votes for Batman being universal

Should Carcass be on the list?

Peek
What things has Batman done to make him Universal?

Alfheim
Originally posted by Val
Is multiversal, universal, intergalactic, etc just the names being used for the tiers? Taken at face value they don't seem to make much sense.

Well I thought they did. Intergalactic meaning a person can be a threat towards Shair, Skrull and Krees. Universal able to take over the WHOLE uinverse ie Thanos or Doom stealing Beyonders powers this would include threats to abstracts while an intergalactic threat wouldnt. Multiversal is self- explanatory.

Originally posted by Superherovandal
Sinestro is extremely smart tactically at least. and by smart in this thread does it only mean like you know OH I created the UBER-INSTA-DEFEAT-RAY or does it also include tactical intelligence and political intellect.

However, if there is any multiversal level human its Alexander Luthor Jr.

Nah its not just about building stuff its tactically as well. Its a combination of tactical , technical know-how and use of resources.

Yeah Alex Luthor is on the list.

Originally posted by tjcoady
In regards to the Monarch debate, perhaps we should work out some sort of system- individuals like Darkseid or Monarch attain their vast resources because they in and of themselves are extremely powerful. Someone like Reed Richards or Luthor attain their resources not because of intrinsic power but because of intelligence. Monarch wouldn't have a vast army if he wasn't able to individually bitchslap everyone who he recruited...

yyyyyeah this is how I look at it. Thanos and DS both have superhuman intelligence if they just had superhuman intelligence how dangerous would they be. In my opinion Thanos could still take over the uiverse because he would be able to give himself powers and if you look at some of the tech he created it has been powerful enough to restrain warrior madness Thor with power gem. eek!

Originally posted by Peek
What things has Batman done to make him Universal?

He hasnt but alot of people feel that he has the ability to do so if so inclined.

Neo Darkhalen
Mxy (Debateable that he has tech), Alexander Luthor, Braniac, Monarch, Henry Bendix(?), Metron

Batman, Lex, Dr Doom, Reed, Annihilus, Galactus, Sinestro, Thanos, Darkseid, Ultron, Adam Warlock, Grandmaster, High Evolutinary, Ray Palmer

Global
Nick Fury, Red Skull, Professor Niles Caulder, Doc Magnus, Mr Freeze, The Riddler, Apocalypse, Hank Pym, Vandal Savage, Mark Stein, The Joker, Leader, Mr Sinister, Black Panther, Shaman, Mister Terrific, Madison Jeffries, Ra's Al Ghul

International to street

Votes

There are loads of marvel villains and heroes that are Multiversal.

Alfheim
There are loads of marvel villains and heroes that are Multiversal.

Yeah but it depends on why they are multiversal for example MJJ wont be on this list because alot of his powers come from reality warping. Eventhough Thanos has superhuman powers alot of his success comes from his intelliegnce and not just his powers. If Thanos was a dumbass he would have no where near the sucess he has had.

Inhuman
Yeah but it depends on why they are multiversal for example MJJ wont be on this list because alot of his powers come from reality warping. Eventhough Thanos has superhuman powers alot of his success comes from his intelliegnce and not just his powers. If Thanos was a dumbass he would have no where near the sucess he has had.

Thanos should be multiversal because....He has actually been a multiversal threat. Not just speculate if he could be. He has done it.

Mindship
Multiversal
Universal
Intergalactic
Global
International to street Isn't Universal kinda the same as Intergalactic? Aren't Global and International sorta the same thing?

Suggesting...
Multiversal
Universal
Galactic
Global
City

Alfheim
Thanos should be multiversal because....He has actually been a multiversal threat. Not just speculate if he could be. He has done it.

What he actually took other more than one universe?

Originally posted by Mindship
Isn't Universal kinda the same as Intergalactic?

No intergalactic involves ****ing up Kree, Skrulls etc but no abstracts. Uiniversal means taking over the whole uinverse like Thanos did or Dr Doom almost did by taking Beyonders power.

Aren't Global and International sorta the same thing?

No Kingpin for example could be a threat in his city and could then possibly try to assainate some foriegn gangsters and such. Global is what Kang did, actually take over the whole world.

Suggesting...
Multiversal
Universal
Galactic
Global
City

Well we'll see how it goes.

Inhuman
What he actually took other more than one universe?

With THOI he did.
Also with the IG. 616 Eternity is multiversal and he beat him.
If he wanted to he could have taken over more universes but he just wanted to take over one.
From what he has shown he is defiantly a Multiversal threat.

Alfheim
With THOI he did.
Also with the IG. 616 Eternity is multiversal and he beat him.
If he wanted to he could have taken over more universes but he just wanted to take over one.
From what he has shown he is defiantly a Multiversal threat.

Ok ill put it to vote tommorrow.

Mindship
No intergalactic involves ****ing up Kree, Skrulls etc but no abstracts. Uiniversal means taking over the whole uinverse like Thanos did or Dr Doom almost did by taking Beyonders power.

No Kingpin for example could be a threat in his city and could then possibly try to assainate some foriegn gangsters and such. Global is what Kang did, actually take over the whole world.
Cool. Capisco.

Val
I don't get it. Would Hal Jordan be multiversal based on what he pulled off in Zero Hour?

This is why I asked what the criteria was for placement on the different tiers and it's still fuzzy IMO. I don't see how it's possible to say Monarch is as smart and resourceful as Braniac or Metron or that Sinestro is above Tony Stark and the Supreme Intelligence. Not unless you're taking their power level into account. Batman taking over the whole universe? The whole universe? Even Batman 1 Million spent most of his time doing planetary stuff on Pluto.

I'm not trying to be a downer or anything because I'd really like to help with the tier but it just seems confusing to me.

batdude123
Originally posted by Val
Batman taking over the whole universe? The whole universe? Even Batman 1 Million spent most of his time doing planetary stuff on Pluto.

I don't think taking over the universe is the idea behind the prep tier ranking.

Val
I don't think taking over the universe is the idea behind the prep tier ranking.
It doesn't really matter. Batman is a street level hero for a reason. He goes beyond that with his JLA work but it's a pretty large stretch to say he's going to affect the whole damn universe. I think comic fans tend to forget how big a universe is, no surprise since they're always getting blown up.

batdude123
Originally posted by Val
It doesn't really matter. Batman is a street level hero for a reason. He goes beyond that with his JLA work but it's a pretty large stretch to say he's going to affect the whole damn universe.

What a lousy argument. sad Being "street level" doesn't have a God damn thing to do with this. I can just as easily say that Reed Richards is "mid tier" for a reason, and that he can't affect the universe either.

He's prepped for universal occurrences before, which is what this is based on.

And for that matter, you're okay with Lex being at that level, but not Batman? WTF?

Val
What a lousy argument. sad Being "street level" doesn't have a God damn thing to do with this. I can just as easily say that Reed Richards is "mid tier" for a reason, and that he can't affect the universe either.
Except Reed has affected the universe and abstract forces before, multiple times, with his own technology. Galactus might as well be his ho. The F4 probably do more cosmic shit than the JLA.

He's prepped for universal occurrences before, which is what this is based on.
When? Every time people start up on their whole, "Batman: Mangod of Prep" spiel, they bring up instances where he beat Superman and the JLA or whatnot.

And for that matter, you're okay with Lex being at that level, but not Batman? WTF?
I used Batman as an example. I also used Sinestro and Monarch which you ignored.

If you need to know, I think Lex being universal is pretty absurd too. He isn't that damn smart.

batdude123
Originally posted by Val
Except Reed has affected the universe and abstract forces before, multiple times, with his own technology. Galactus might as well be his ho.

Really now? Outside of alternate versions of Reed Richards, what universal threat has he prepped for with his own technology?

Originally posted by Val
When? Every time people start up on their whole, "Batman: Mangod of Prep" spiel, they bring up instances where he beat Superman and the JLA or whatnot.

The Star conqueror's invasion during the Strength in Numbers arc. They roamed around the universe consuming multiple resources and killing races. So powerful were they, that Sandman had to intervene and help the JLA.

It was Batman who studied their alien technology and figured out how to get rid of them.

That's just one example.

Originally posted by Val
If you need to know, I think Lex being universal is pretty absurd too. He isn't that damn smart.

Me neither. And I didn't ignore your Sinestro and Monarch examples. If you noticed, I responded to the Monarch debacle a page ago.

Val
Really now? Outside of alternate versions of Reed Richards, what universal threat has he prepped for with his own technology?

The Star conqueror's invasion during the Strength in Numbers arc. They roamed around the universe consuming multiple resources and killing races. So powerful were they, that Sandman had to intervene and help the JLA.

It was Batman who studied their alien technology and figured out how to get rid of them.

That's just one example.
Well for one, Reed's Abraxas feat steamrolls that one. I could also go with Galactus.

Two, that sounds a lot like Intergalactic (Threat to Skrull, Kree, Shi'ar and other races)

Me neither. And I didn't ignore your Sinestro and Monarch examples. If you noticed, I responded to the Monarch debacle a page ago.
I know that. Funny thing is you have the same problem with the list I do. Is there any reason why you're arguing?

batdude123
Originally posted by Val
Well for one, Reed's Abraxas feat steamrolls that one.

The Ultimate Nullifier was used to take down Abraxas.

Not exactly his own technology. uhuh

Originally posted by Val
Two, that sounds a lot like Intergalactic (Threat to Skrull, Kree, Shi'ar and other races)

IIRC, Sandman said that the Star Conquerors would eventually take over this reality (i.e. the universe), and then others (namely the "Dream World"wink if they weren't stopped. Besides, would an aspect of the Endless really be needed if it were intergalactic? biscuits

Oh, and just to play semantics, the Shi'ar Empire spans across multiple galaxies. Therefore, it wouldn't be intergalactic, now would it?

haermm2

Originally posted by Val
I know that. Funny thing is you have the same problem with the list I do. Is there any reason why you're arguing?

ermmhappy

Mr. Slippyfist
How did DS and Thanos drop down for no reason?

This list is bunk.

batdude123
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
How did DS and Thanos drop down for no reason?

This list is bunk.

Btw, Batman has outwitted Darkseid on two separate occasions. biscuits

Bruce stays universal!

Val

Bruce stays universal!
Snaps. I got owned.

batdude123
Originally posted by Val
Snaps. I got owned.

I'm impressed when you can admit things like that. uhuh

Mr. Slippyfist

Bruce stays universal! I know, but it's not because of what they have done, it's because for no particular reason, other than some rabbling - Thanos, and DS got moved down.

Val
I'm impressed when you can admit things like that. uhuh
Only when I like the poster, hot stuff. love

Alfheim
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
I know, but it's not because of what they have done, it's because for no particular reason, other than some rabbling - Thanos, and DS got moved down.

Gimmie a break I have to organise alot fo stuff I just did a quick value judgment and decided there wouldnt be a problem....obvoulsy I was wrong so i'll put them back up and put it to a vote. I also had to assign ranks for characters with no ranks so sometimes it gets a bit hectic.

Wally West
How the heck is Batman on the same level as Thanos. Thats crazy.

Alfheim
Mxy (Debateable that he has tech), Alexander Luthor, Braniac, Monarch, Henry Bendix(?), Metron, Thanos, Darkseid

Batman, Lex, Dr Doom, Reed, Annihilus, Galactus, Sinestro, Ultron, Adam Warlock, Grandmaster, High Evolutinary, Ray Palmer

Global

International to street

Votes

2 Votes for Lex to World from Universal

Changes

Thanos and Darkseid back to multiversal, they were there originally.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Val
I don't get it. Would Hal Jordan be multiversal based on what he pulled off in Zero Hour?

Didnt he go mad and get possesed by a fear parasite? There were cirumstances.

Originally posted by Val

This is why I asked what the criteria was for placement on the different tiers and it's still fuzzy IMO. I don't see how it's possible to say Monarch is as smart and resourceful as Braniac or Metron or that Sinestro is above Tony Stark and the Supreme Intelligence. Not unless you're taking their power level into account.

Well heres the thing put it to a vote but you also have to understand. Its not just about intelligence its also about the resources they have. It could be argued that Cap is as tactically as smart as Batman but the guy doesnt even use resources so hes not even on this list.

They idea is to try to imagine that if these guys had their powers taken away but just had their resources and intelligence how far do you think they would get?

Im thinking to myself that if you have a characters were most of his resources and prep comes from power then he shouldnt be on the list. I dont think this applies to DS or Thanos because they both ahve superhuman intelligence, but it seems to me that Monarch is just very powerful.

Originally posted by Val
Well for one, Reed's Abraxas feat steamrolls that one. I could also go with Galactus.

Yes it does, so its not that there is a problem with the list, theres a problem with the placement.

Originally posted by Val

Whats wrong with it, it seems that there isnt a problem with the categories but the placing of characters.

Alfheim
IMPORTANT SUGGESTIONS

1. Reasons for being on the list

There is some debate about where some characters should go and wether they should be on the list, so we need to try and decide why characters should be on the list. Some characters are very smart dont use resources eg Cap and are therefore not on the list, some characters are very powerful but are not very tactical smart and or dont have resources. So what should the criteria be? I suggest it should be a combination of intelligence tactical and techincal and how they use their intelligence in conjunction with their resources.

2. How long should it take for votes to be finalised?

Val
Parallax didn't make Hal smarter. It was akin to being drunk.

I get it but for some of these guys, their resources are their power. I think it's rather difficult to draw the line there.

Galan007
Magus should be up there as well...

Even the great Thanos (dur), could hardly fathom his tech.

TricksterPriest
Mxy (Debateable that he has tech), Alexander Luthor, Braniac, Monarch, Henry Bendix(?), Metron, Thanos, Darkseid

Batman, Lex, Dr Doom, Reed, Annihilus, Galactus, Sinestro, Ultron, Adam Warlock, Grandmaster, High Evolutinary, Ray Palmer

Global

International to street

Votes

2 Votes for Lex to World from Universal

Changes

Thanos and Darkseid back to multiversal, they were there originally.

Add my vote for Lex for intergalactic. Generally, he's not universal.
Against Mxy on the list. He's not a prep guy.
For Batman being universal.
Nick Fury for Global.

King_Mungi
FYI, It's Master of the World, not worlds

Bentley
Reed met god, an alternate version of him gave an evil Sue the key to rule the multiverse, and he HAS been a multiversal savior.

Reed to multiversal. cool

Priest
why is Lex over Doom and Thanos?

batdude123
Originally posted by Priest
why is Lex over Doom and Thanos?

Alexander Luthor?

You're joking, right?

TricksterPriest
Priest, go back and read something called Infinite Crisis.

Btw, the Source apparently claimed partial credit for IC in the latest DOTNG.

King Kandy
Magus should be up there as well...

Even the great Thanos (dur), could hardly fathom his tech.
Actually that's true, Magus's tech is EXTREMELY advanced in Infinity War. Almost unimaginably. He's definatly Multiversal, he was weaker then Warlock yet outsmarted abstracts.

TricksterPriest
Magus I could see. His church of multiversal truth certainly qualifies.

but I still consider Thanos unworthy of multiversal.

Creshosk
Magus I could see. His church of multiversal truth certainly qualifies.

but I still consider Thanos unworthy of multiversal. The guy who once beat LT isn't multiversal?

Utrigita
I would say Magus did pretty good in outsmarting both LT and Eterniy

Inhuman
Both magus and thanos need to be multiversal

Alfheim
Alexander Luthor, Braniac, Monarch, Henry Bendix, Metron, Magus, Reed Richards

Batman, Lex Luthor, Dr Doom, Reed, Annihilus, Galactus, Sinestro, Thanos, Darkseid, Ultron, Adam Warlock, Grandmaster, High Evolutinary, Ray Palmer

Tony Starks, Supreme Intelligence, Master Of The World

Global
Nick Fury, Red Skull, Professor Niles Caulder, Doc Magnus, Mr Freeze, Apocalypse, Hank Pym, Vandal Savage, Mark Stein, The Joker, Leader, Mr Sinister, Black Panther, Shaman, Mister Terrific, Madison Jeffries, Ra's Al Ghul

International to street
Kingpin, Bullseye, Punisher, Crossbones, Spiderman, Deathstroke, Kraven The Hunter, The Riddler

Votes

2 votes for Reed to multiversal
1 vote for Lex to World from Universal
1 vote for Lex to remain at Universal
1 vote for Lex being moved to Intergalactic
3 votes for Magus to multiversal
1 vote for Darkseid down from multiversal to universal

Changes

Mxy off the list 2 votes to 1
Batman moved to Global to Universal 6 votes to 3
Magus added to the list at multiversal 3 votes
Lex still unchanged vote statelmate 1 vote each
Reed enters list at multiversal 2 votes
The Riddler down from Global to International to street 2 votes to 0
Darkseid unchanged 1 vote

Alfheim
Originally posted by Val
Parallax didn't make Hal smarter. It was akin to being drunk.

Yeah but the combination of grief and parallax made him more powerful. Those are specific cirucumstances. Hal doesnt run around with Parallax mad with grief. Thats not even prep anyway.

Originally posted by Val

I get it but for some of these guys, their resources are their power. I think it's rather difficult to draw the line there.

I guess in hindsight it doesnt matter because at the end of the day really its the threat level that counts minus personal powers. I guess its ok for their resources to be their power but not if they dont have any resources.

I guess im looking it from a heroes and comic vs forum perspective. Nobody cares wether Doom is smarter than Monarch all they care about is how much damage hes gonna do.

Against Mxy on the list. He's not a prep guy

Thats why I stated how long should it take for votes to be finalised miffed: ....anyway hes off the list.

Nick Fury for Global.

He already is.

Both magus and thanos need to be multiversal

Magus is added at multiversal. I wrote in bold letters that Thanos is back at multiversal . erm

Alfheim
Alexander Luthor, Braniac, Monarch, Henry Bendix, Metron, Magus, Reed Richards, Thanos, Darkseid

Batman, Lex Luthor, Dr Doom, Reed, Annihilus, Galactus, Sinestro, Darkseid, Ultron, Adam Warlock, Grandmaster, High Evolutinary, Ray Palmer

Global
Nick Fury, Red Skull, Professor Niles Caulder, Doc Magnus, Mr Freeze, Apocalypse, Hank Pym, Vandal Savage, Mark Stein, The Joker, Leader, Mr Sinister, Black Panther, Shaman, Mister Terrific, Madison Jeffries, Ra's Al Ghul

International to street
Kingpin, Bullseye, Punisher, Crossbones, Spiderman, Deathstroke, Kraven The Hunter, The Riddler

Votes

1 vote for Darkseid down to multiversal

Changes

Darkseid unchanged 1 vote to 0

Neo Darkhalen
Alexander Luthor, Braniac, Monarch, Henry Bendix, Metron, Magus, Reed Richards, Thanos

Batman, Lex Luthor, Dr Doom, Reed, Annihilus, Galactus, Sinestro, Darkseid, Ultron, Adam Warlock, Grandmaster, High Evolutinary, Ray Palmer

Global

International to street

Votes

Changes

Spider-Man is up there with Batman.

Alfheim
Spider-Man is up there with Batman.

What universal?

Neo Darkhalen
Spider-Man is on level with Batman, he has strength, intelligence; speed, plus he has taken down some of the biggest enemies, his own and other heroes.

Peek
Lex Luthor - Intergalactic

Alfheim
Spider-Man is on level with Batman, he has strength, intelligence; speed, plus he has taken down some of the biggest enemies, his own and other heroes.

Strength and speed are not included on this list. What so your saying if Spiderman prepped he could take over the universe?

Originally posted by Peek
Lex Luthor - Intergalactic

Votes

2 votes for Lex being moved to Intergalactic

Ok i'll change it later or on Monday I tried to edit it but it was too late. Its gets a bit confusing if the list is edited too much.

Neo Darkhalen
Strength and speed are not included on this list. What so your saying if Spiderman prepped he could take over the universe?

Votes

2 votes for Lex being moved to Intergalactic

Ok i'll change it later or on Monday I tried to edit it but it was too late. Its gets a bit confusing if the list is edited too much.

He has the intelligence; the ability's to do so.

Peek
He has the intelligence; the ability's to do so. No he doesn't. erm

Alfheim
He has the intelligence; the ability's to do so.

Nah man no offence but im not even putting this to vote. Can you prove it?

Neo Darkhalen
Do you mean scan wise, then perhaps, even so, he is above street, way above.

Val
Yeah but the combination of grief and parallax made him more powerful. Those are specific cirucumstances. Hal doesnt run around with Parallax mad with grief. Thats not even prep anyway.
What? no expression

Hal had been prepping for Zero Hour since he absorbed the battery. It's easily as good a prep feat as Monarch is doing now or was doing. The whole reason I brought it up is because it's exactly parallel. Two guys of average intelligence with a lot power.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Creshosk
The guy who once beat LT isn't multiversal?

HOTU is not a prep feat. That was God setting Thanos up to win. And even Mr. M says Thanos can't replicate that feat. Outside of powerups like Cubes, the IG and HOTU, Thanos is not a multiversal prep guy. Has his prep on it's own ever beaten a skyfather? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Inhuman
HOTU is not a prep feat. That was God setting Thanos up to win. And even Mr. M says Thanos can't replicate that feat. Outside of powerups like Cubes, the IG and HOTU, Thanos is not a multiversal prep guy. Has his prep on it's own ever beaten a skyfather? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Omega 2X galactus , way over skyfather. The Hunger.
In-Betweener - He used his marts (Prep) to beat him.
Also Grandmaster (smarts, prep).
There might be a few others skyfather & above I might forgotten that be beat with prep or smarts. smile
Plus him gaining the IG, cosmic cube and arguably the HOTI was him using (again) his prep and smarts.

What has darkseid done to be multiversal ? smile

manorastroman
i don't like the universal set. annihilus wasn't a universal prep guy (including the abstracts), because he got butt****ed by galactus. high evolutionary couldn't make eternity even blink. ray palmer and lex luthor have nothing on the spectre.

see what i mean? the abstracts thing kind of throws it off.

Bentley
The Spectre is multiversal.

King Kandy
ATTENTION: Someone give me a good reason for Batman being universal right now.

Bentley
People think he can do things he hasn't done. Batman has a hard time beating Supes with prep, he is not ultiversal :/

I vote to put him down.

batdude123
Originally posted by King Kandy
ATTENTION: Someone give me a good reason for Batman being universal right now.

I already did a couple of pages ago.

And btw, this thread doesn't revolve around 1 person's opinion. So far, the vote is 6 to 3 in favor of Batman being universal.

He stays.

Originally posted by Bentley
People think he can do things he hasn't done. Batman has a hard time beating Supes with prep, he is not multiversal :/

Nobody said he was multiversal.

Bentley
Sorry, I just edited. And multiversal just rolls through my tongue like that.

batdude123
Btw, I'm against Reed to multiversal. smile

King Kandy
I know people voted for it. And they were wrong in doing so.

Bentley
Btw, I'm against Reed to multiversal. smile

Are you trying to imply that Batman and Reed are in the same prep level.

Get out smile

Peek
No offense but can someone else be in charge. Maybe Batdude or something.

batdude123
Originally posted by King Kandy
I know people voted for it. And they were wrong in doing so.

Seriously, will you take your crybaby ass outta here? I already explained an instance of him prepping against a universal threat.

batdude123
Originally posted by Bentley
Are you trying to imply that Batman and Reed are in the same prep level.

Get out smile

I'm saying that Reed is not a multiversal prepper. smile

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>