Superman vs Gladiator w/Gem of Cyttorak, in the Sun!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
Gladiator gains Juggernaut's Gem of Cyttorak and is pitted againist Superman with almost no knowledge of who he is but the battle takes place in the center of the sun!

Can Gladiator with full confidence and the added power of the gem take on a constintly charging Supes?

Galan007
Supes rips his arm off, creates a boom-tube, and throws him on the Source Wall...

Or he just zaps Glads in the face with HV, ftw. uhuh

Sundipped
Being sundipped>>>>"magical weakness" smile

Knowsbleed33
Glads doesn't need the Gem of Cyttorak to beat Supes.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Glads doesn't need the Gem of Cyttorak to beat Supes.
To beat superman in the sun...yea hes going to need the gem.

CaptainStoic
Gladiators confidence would be the largest factor in this fight, the Gem powering him would most likely make him Supermans superior in all ways. If they fought outside of the sun he is Superman, and has proven it when he went up against Supreme. Could it be that in Marvel Superman is just run of the mill? No offense intended, but people only assume that DC top tier are more powerful than Marvels when in fact they could be even.

Juntai
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
To beat superman in the sun...yea hes going to need the gem. He would need it regardless of location, unless we consider 1992 Superman, and Gladiators highest showings.

Entity
Wow Gladiator actually taking a slight lead! Thats shocking.

I really see it as a stalemate, can't decide on a clear winner but I'm suprised to see all the fanboys not shouting unbeatable basically. lol

Tony Stark
Spite...

Glads in a STOMP.

Kutulu
Glads takes a win here. There would be nothing Superman could do to harm him, and Cytorrak has an entire dimension of power to add to Gladiator's.

Entity
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Spite...

Glads in a STOMP. How's it spite?
They're fighting in the sun for crying out loud! erm

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Kutulu
Glads takes a win here. There would be nothing Superman could do to harm him, and Cytorrak has an entire dimension of power to add to Gladiator's.
Juggernauts not invincible glad wouldnt be either,whole dimensions of power werent helpin when hulk was starting to break even with juggs,superman in the heart of the sun amps alot faster than hulk does.

Peek
Originally posted by Entity
How's it spite?
They're fighting in the sun for crying out loud! erm Gem >>>> Sun.

carver9
glads and superman outside of the sun with regular powers, I give the edge to gladiator. With the gem added on to gladiator already power making him completely invulnerable and giving him unlimited strength and durability, the edge goes to gladiator.

Theres no way superman would be able to harm him unless the sun gives him the power of magic and then I still wouldnt give him the win due to a depowered juggernaut being burnt down to the bones by a magical blast and was still walking towards his enemy smiling, saying "nothing stops the juggernaut."

Gladiator 10/10

By the way vlaaad12345, go look at the new avengers AND hulk vs the juggernaut comic and come back and talk to me when you get through reading it.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by carver9
glads and superman outside of the sun with regular powers, I give the edge to gladiator. With the gem added on to gladiator already power making him completely invulnerable and giving him unlimited strength and durability, the edge goes to gladiator.

Theres no way superman would be able to harm him unless the sun gives him the power of magic and then I still wouldnt give him the win due to a depowered juggernaut being burnt down to the bones by a magical blast and was still walking towards his enemy smiling, saying "nothing stops the juggernaut."

Gladiator 10/10

By the way vlaaad12345, go look at the new avengers AND hulk vs the juggernaut comic and come back and talk to me when you get through reading it.
Im sure you would give glads the advantage even though he would lose,the gem doesnt make the user completelly invulnerable try again,unlimited strength nope,unlimited durability wrong again,superman in the heart of the sun would eventually win because no way is gladiator taking him down fast enough to prevent him from going OWAW style,eventually glads gets overpowered and even if supes couldnt perma kill him he could sure as hell throw him around the rest of eternity.

carver9
Im sure you would give glads the advantage even though he would lose,the gem doesnt make the user completelly invulnerable try again,unlimited strength nope,unlimited durability wrong again,superman in the heart of the sun would eventually win because no way is gladiator taking him down fast enough to prevent him from going OWAW style,eventually glads gets overpowered and even if supes couldnt perma kill him he could sure as hell throw him around the rest of eternity.

Read and learn:
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/glossary/showentry.asp?fldAuto=596

Read again, it says that his strength is at a unknown degree but I really want you to read on his durability.
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/j/juggernaut.htm

Read:
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Juggernaut

I know of all 3 characters that is spoken of in this debate, do you. The reason that I give gladiator the win over superman is due to his confidence. Gladiator and Superman are both characters that possess strength over 100 tons. Gladiator and superman would come to the battle field possessing the same strength but theres one thing to think about. The more confindent gladiator gets, the stronger he gets, the faster he gets, his durability increases along with his other powers. This is where the battle would change. The only way superman would be able to keep up with gladiator would be to sun dip. Examples of this is when he fought hyperion. They were stated as having the same stats but somehow gladiator over powered him and broke his neck. Another example is when gladiator fought nova and nova stated that gladiator was getting more powerful by the second. Another example was when he fought supreme, a being that is leagues above him and superman and stalemated him .

Gladiator wins this in both cases.

horrorwolf
Gladiator takes this easily with the Gem.

lando005
should be even

Papa Smurph
How's it spite?
They're fighting in the sun for crying out loud! erm

Because what's Superman going to do to Gladiator?

Push comes to shove Gladiator can punch Superman out of the sun

What can Superman do to Glads?

+ can you be sure that Gladiator doesn't one shot Superman in the opening moments when he hasn't been charged enough to match him being amped by the Gem (which makes Cain Marko into a Hulk level powerhouse).

Entity
Originally posted by Papa Smurph
Because what's Superman going to do to Gladiator?

Push comes to shove Gladiator can punch Superman out of the sun

What can Superman do to Glads?

+ can you be sure that Gladiator doesn't one shot Superman in the opening moments when he hasn't been charged enough to match him being amped by the Gem (which makes Cain Marko into a Hulk level powerhouse). First off I specified this match was in the sun.

Sorry if I didn't clarify enough that that's where its going to stay. Lets assume that they can't leave until their is a clear winner because there's a impenetrable force field or something to that effect surrounding the sun they can't escape form. So the fight there's & no getting out till we have a winner!

Next Sun supercharged Superman is pretty damn uber if you haven't heard. So I can definitely see him at the VERY least putting up a fight with Glads in this situation. wink

vlaaad12345
I see gladiator beating supes up for quite sometime just not able to actually put supes out,eventually though after a very long time supes will continue to ramp up...and we have seen how fast supes in the sun goes from normal to wtf ownage...itll just keep increasing eventually gladiator will be getting thrown around with no chance of retaliation,so its more like a stalemate with gladiator getting beat up forever.

lando005
come to think about it shouldn't sups have a limit as to how much solar energy his body could store?

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by lando005
come to think about it shouldn't sups have a limit as to how much solar energy his body could store?
Considering as prime hes been sitting the in middle of the sun for 15k years...and was absorbing yellow sun radiation for like 60k years before that while traveling the cosmos...if he has a limit its very big.

Kutulu
Considering as prime hes been sitting the in middle of the sun for 15k years...and was absorbing yellow sun radiation for like 60k years before that while traveling the cosmos...if he has a limit its very big.

Maybe his limit is a million exploding suns.
http://www.wordballoon.com/images/SENTRY.jpg

I'm kidding. laughing out loud

illadelph12
Wouldn't Gladiator also gain the patented "Once Juggernaut is going in a certain direction no force can stop his momentum" ability as well? If so, adding that to Gladiator's speed, that's one hell of a battering ram spearing Supes in the midsection and slamming him into an unbreakable forcefield.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by illadelph12
Wouldn't Gladiator also gain the patented "Once Juggernaut is going in a certain direction no force can stop his momentum" ability as well? If so, adding that to Gladiator's speed, that's one hell of a battering ram spearing Supes in the midsection and slamming him into an unbreakable forcefield.
We know that juggernaut really isnt unstopable thesedays,supes is getting his ass beat for a long time in this match but being in the middle of sun assures hes going to start getting the up hand eventually,and kutulu I wish they would start writing sentry to his real potentialsad.

carver9
We know that juggernaut really isnt unstopable thesedays,supes is getting his ass beat for a long time in this match but being in the middle of sun assures hes going to start getting the up hand eventually,and kutulu I wish they would start writing sentry to his real potentialsad.

The thing that people dont really seem to understand (even though you made a valid point) is that gladiator has unknown abilities. Basically the more confident he gets the stronger (even though since he has the gem his strength is unlimited), faster, and his power increase. So yes while superman stats would be going up, so would gladiator stats. So superman will already be fighting a guy that push planets around and bust planets up with his fist, (which superman on panel havent shown the ability to do this, let alone destroy a mountain with his fist), what happens then when superman is continously getting punched by a guy that had the strength to destroy planets but strength has increased a hundred folds.

We have seen the outcome of superman getting hit by the weight of the planet when hawk man punched him, he was knocked the f*** out, now imagine him getting hit by a punch that could take out 3 planets.

rico777
Stalemate

vlaaad12345
The thing that people dont really seem to understand (even though you made a valid point) is that gladiator has unknown abilities. Basically the more confident he gets the stronger (even though since he has the gem his strength is unlimited), faster, and his power increase. So yes while superman stats would be going up, so would gladiator stats. So superman will already be fighting a guy that push planets around and bust planets up with his fist, (which superman on panel havent shown the ability to do this, let alone destroy a mountain with his fist), what happens then when superman is continously getting punched by a guy that had the strength to destroy planets but strength has increased a hundred folds.

We have seen the outcome of superman getting hit by the weight of the planet when hawk man punched him, he was knocked the f*** out, now imagine him getting hit by a punch that could take out 3 planets.
LOL,your general lack of superman knowledge and downright bias against him makes me want to vomit sometimes,gladiator doesnt have unknown powers,the gem doesnt grant unlimited strength,and superman has more than shown planet destroying power,hes held mini black holes and pushed planets heavier than earth while under a red sun,superman has takin far worse than planet destroying and come out fine so in the sun he wont have problems at all,your comment about superman not being able to break a mountain with his fist just makes me believe your a troll.

carver9
LOL,your general lack of superman knowledge and downright bias against him makes me want to vomit sometimes,gladiator doesnt have unknown powers,the gem doesnt grant unlimited strength,and superman has more than shown planet destroying power,hes held mini black holes and pushed planets heavier than earth while under a red sun,superman has takin far worse than planet destroying and come out fine so in the sun he wont have problems at all,your comment about superman not being able to break a mountain with his fist just makes me believe your a troll.

Read my post right, I said he havent shown ON PANEL to break anything the size of a mountain, that dont mean that he cant do it. I would like a favor from you, show me the planet destroying power (with his fist) that superman has done, I know of the black hole, even though he almost got killed and the black hole was the size of the palm of my hand. Also show me where he pushed a planet by HIMSELF because to my knowledge he needed the aid of wonderwoman and the martian to move the moon. He also needed there help to move the earth. Show me continous punches that superman has taken that has been on the scale of planet destroying. If the writer say that juggernaut has unlimited strength then it true. If the writer say that juggernaut is stronger then one of the strongest beings in comics (which is hulk) then its true. Maybe if you go to the juggernaut respect thread and pull up a little something on there you would know the character before you debate. I read juggernaut when he appears in comics, I read superman comics, Gladiator is one of the best villians to me. I have enough knowledge of each character to know enough about them.

Entity
Sorry but I just can't see how either could ever beat the other unless the match just lasted almost forever until Supes becomes a full blow god like DC 1 Million!

carver9
Sorry but I just can't see how either could ever beat the other unless the match just lasted almost forever until Supes becomes a full blow god like DC 1 Million!

Then whats going to happen to gladiator after that. I would love to know this since cytorrak did possess cain with enough power to punch through dimensions.

SpiderGauntlet
Read my post right, I said he havent shown ON PANEL to break anything the size of a mountain, that dont mean that he cant do it. I would like a favor from you, show me the planet destroying power (with his fist) that superman has done, I know of the black hole, even though he almost got killed and the black hole was the size of the palm of my hand. Also show me where he pushed a planet by HIMSELF because to my knowledge he needed the aid of wonderwoman and the martian to move the moon. He also needed there help to move the earth. Show me continous punches that superman has taken that has been on the scale of planet destroying. If the writer say that juggernaut has unlimited strength then it true. If the writer say that juggernaut is stronger then one of the strongest beings in comics (which is hulk) then its true. Maybe if you go to the juggernaut respect thread and pull up a little something on there you would know the character before you debate. I read juggernaut when he appears in comics, I read superman comics, Gladiator is one of the best villians to me. I have enough knowledge of each character to know enough about them.

Narrative hyperbole.

Black holes are powerful

Gladiator takes 3 punches to crack a planet not 1 punch to crack 3 planets.

carver9
Originally posted by SpiderGauntlet
Narrative hyperbole.

Black holes are powerful

Gladiator takes 3 punches to crack a planet not 1 punch to crack 3 planets.

I know that, I must typed it wrong but he still has planet destroying power.

SpiderGauntlet
I know that, I must typed it wrong but he still has planet destroying power.

That's true.

h1a8
Sadly I think with the Gem anyone (including humans) would be invincible to all physical force (something that Superman only has).
So Superman here has no chance to damage Kallark with the Gem.
Now can Kallark damage a Superman in the Sun? If yes, then he wins all the time. If no, then it is a stalemate.

Even though I'm a fan of Superman I have to say
Gladiator 10/10

Entity
Bump cause I'm loving this thread. eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.