New "Nightmare" on Elm st. franchise anew

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Yup.

Johnny Depp's first movie and possibly one of the best horror franchises is getting a new start according the killermovies.com

Impediment

steverules
I hope we still get FvJvMM

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Impediment
Try posting some valuable info next time.

err, didn't you essentially say the same thing i said execpt long you used more words?

General G
Does that mean Robert Englund will be Freddy again? he did well, I hope so.

MildPossession
How many times have we heard this type of thing... thought a prequel was coming...

General G
Actually, I have heard little of new Nightmare movies...but that may be just because it has been so long since the last Nightmare movie (not counting Freddy vs. Jason), that I just assumed they were done.

MildPossession
Well they keep coming out with stuff, oh we are going to do this that bla bla.

General G
Well...one of these times they gotta be telling the truth.

tabby999
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
err, didn't you essentially say the same thing i said execpt long you used more words?

No, he gave us information about who was involved and what was going on, you just said "they're making a new one, johnny depp was in the first one.
Can't hurt to give them a new go, they became more about the cheesey lines for freddy than the horror. Same with Jason, although i still stand by Jason X being the best overall sequel.

General G
Yes, Jason X was pretty good...out of the Jason movies...I was never a huge Jason fan though...

tabby999
The Jason movies became as ridiculous as the Freddie ones, but some of them were miles better than others, i think it was Friday 6 (involving the psychic girl), that was a brilliant movie let down by a terrible, terrible ending (even for Jason movies).

And i've said it a few times, the liquid nitrogen head dunk in Jason X was one of the coolest deaths the horror movie world has given us in many years.

steverules
Friday the 13th part 9 was worse than Jason X...really, really hated part 9, was sooo dumb...the ending where Jason gets his mask pulled into the ground was cool though

General G
hehehe I remember part 9...Jason goes to hell. Definately not one of movies happiest times!

And Freddy did get pretty rediculous...but for some reason, I never got tired of the Nightmare's, although what bugged me was that it was always the girl who killed him.

steverules
In part 2 it was a dude but he was gay and screamed like a girl so I dunno if it counts

General G
laughing out loud

Number 2 was my least favourite of the Nightmare's...and yes...I counted him as feminine stick out tongue

steverules
Each time he screamed I just thought that he had been kicked in the nuts by freddy or something

HueyFreeman
There were several hints he was homsexual. The fact that he screamed like a girl, he snuck out and went to a gay bar, and instead of sleeping with his girlfriend he slept in the guys room wearing the tighty whities. That dude was gayer than Elton John.

steverules
Thats who he has a poster of in his room

General G
That's hard to do...gayer then Elton?

ragesRemorse
I really dont know how this will turn out with the hand of micheal bay involved. The orginal nightmare is still a very dark and atmospheric movie. I dont see any of the cookie cutter directors being able to re-capture the atmosphere of the original

With that said, i thoroughly enjoyed the Dawn remake and didnt mind the TcM remake. I am, curious to see how this works out with a super budget

MildPossession
Michael Bay had nothing to do with the Dawn remake last time I looked, Bay + remakes = rubbish, unless you were just on about a remake you actually liked. He has got his hands on The Birds remake too, ugh, classic film.

Did I see somewhere that Englund will not be Kruger...

Platinum Dunes needs to vanish.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by MildPossession
unless you were just on about a remake you actually liked.

yeah, i was just pointing it out because it is one of the few remakes that doesnt fall into the shit bin

He is producing the birds remake? sad sad

General G
Originally posted by MildPossession
Michael Bay had nothing to do with the Dawn remake last time I looked, Bay + remakes = rubbish, unless you were just on about a remake you actually liked. He has got his hands on The Birds remake too, ugh, classic film.

Did I see somewhere that Englund will not be Kruger...

Platinum Dunes needs to vanish.

That is what I was worried about...I don't know if anybody else can pull of Krueger like Englund did...he was epic at it, it will be hard for somebodt else to get it right...

ladygrim
i heard this on the radio the other day i hope they don't remake them even though i have only seen one of the films i still think its pintless in remaking movies that have been its like halloween ment to better than the original and no one cares for it now (IMO) ...

General G
I hope they don't do a remake either...maybe an add-on to it...and I still think it can only be Englund...but we will see...

steverules
There's no need to remake such a classic

General G
No, there definately isn't...they would never get it right, it would always fall short, the Nightmare's are fine left alone.

steverules
Everything in the first film was perfect...possibly the most famous scene was Johnny Depps death scene which was a truly classical moment

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by General G
No, there definately isn't...they would never get it right, it would always fall short, the Nightmare's are fine left alone.

Indeed an without Englund well....

General G
Yes...exactly...nobody could pull it off like Englund.

Originally posted by steverules
Everything in the first film was perfect...possibly the most famous scene was Johnny Depps death scene which was a truly classical moment

Yes, that was pretty epic. Freddy was a pretty badass villain too, when he was intimidating Tina, he cut off his own two fingers and laughed at her, that stuck with me for some reason.

steverules
I think the scene that really freaked me out when I first saw it was Tina's mothers burnt bod dissapearing into the bed

General G
Ah man! I can't believe I forgot that! I gotta rewatch this soon.

FistOfThe North
Yes...exactly...nobody could pull it off like Englund.

Yes, that was pretty epic. Freddy was a pretty badass villain too, when he was intimidating Tina, he cut off his own two fingers and laughed at her, that stuck with me for some reason.

Yea, Englund'll never be outdone in this role, i don't think.

And what really made the finger slicing scene really crazy was he told Tina "This, is God" just before slicing 'em off. Then you saw the blood squirt from his fingers as he cackled/laughed at her prior to her hysterically yelling "Oh God!".

Try listening to and watching that as a 7 year old.

haha

But the scariest scene for me in that movie was the alleyway part, where he extended his arms like 20 ft. in length and started walking forward, scraping and screeching both sides of either wall with his finger knives. man o man, lol.

Nightmare pt.1 was the best nighmare out of all of 'em.

steverules
Ah man! I can't believe I forgot that! I gotta rewatch this soon.

I won the whole nightmare on elm street series on DVD on eBay, heck I'm gonna watch part 1 tonight

General G
Nice, I own them still...VHS...I should update stick out tongue I should watch the first tonight also.
Yea, Englund'll never be outdone in this role, i don't think.

And what really made the finger slicing scene really crazy was he told Tina "This, is God" just before slicing 'em off. Then you saw the blood squirt from his fingers as he cackled/laughed at her prior to her hysterically yelling "Oh God!".

Try listening to and watching that as a 7 year old.

haha

Nightmare pt.1 was the best nighmare out of all of 'em.

Oh yeah, that is what made that part stick out to me...it was probably one of my favourite parts of the series...it just shows how sinister and evil he is..."This, is God." Great. I know similar to what you mean...I watched them when I was 11 or 12. That was fun stick out tongue

I definately agree with you there, I have said that before and I will say it again many times...Nightmare 1 was the best of the Nightmares.

steverules
Didn't the blood come out as green liquid? kinda looked like he was urinating outta his fingers....but it was still a good scene big grin stick out tongue

FistOfThe North
Didn't the blood come out as green liquid? kinda looked like he was urinating outta his fingers....but it was still a good scene big grin stick out tongue

Yea, it started spurting out watergun style almost. It may've reasonably been green but i think it was red.

I loved how he was devilishly smiling and laughing while he kept quickly looking back and forth at his chopped/squirting fingers then at Tina then at the fingers then at Tina then at the fingers, as if saying "look at it, b*tch, hehehe, it's scary isn't it..and this is what gonna happen to you, hehehe"

lol

steverules
Oh she got it bad she did

General G
I watched it last night and it was still great, Freddy was as badass as ever.

steverules
I like when he extends his arms

FistOfThe North
I like when he extends his arms

o man, one of the most craziest parts. Just before he does that he teasingly calls her so she can look at it him do that, lol. like "Tiiinaaaa..".

What was always up with that random goat? I always wondered why one was always in some of the Freddy movies. There was a random goat in Freddy vS Jason, too. Something seemed scary about it too. How it would dash off. I noticed that every time it dashed off Freddy would pop up like seconds later.

General G
I never understood the goat thing either...I like goats so they never scared me before...but the way they were displayed made them look creepy.

FistOfThe North
I never understood the goat thing either...I like goats so they never scared me before...but the way they were displayed made them look creepy.

Goats are always use as as a symbol of satanic sacrifices. But i dunno.

steverules
There's a new secret...Freddys mother is actually...a GOAT!

HueyFreeman
besides the ones mentioned a few noticeable scenes were

Nancy in the alley when she says
Nancy-"Glen are you there"
Freddy " I'm here"

Another is Nancy in from of the mirror
Nancy- This is just a dream is isn't real, until he crashes through the window.

steverules
I like when Freddy gets hit in the nuts with a sledgehammer

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
besides the ones mentioned a few noticeable scenes were

Nancy in the alley when she says
Nancy-"Glen are you there"
Freddy " I'm here"

Another is Nancy in from of the mirror
Nancy- This is just a dream is isn't real, until he crashes through the window.

How about when Nancy got lured down to the schools' boiler room trying to follow (a dead) Tina. -obviously Freddy was doing it.-

The crazy part was when Freddy stepped out from behind some boiler, stood a few feet away from Nancy, with Nancy asking: "Who are you?" And he didn't even answer. All he did was smile, lift up his sweater, and nicely sliced open his rib/stomach area, causing green puss and maggots to ooze out of the single slit. He then lowered his shirt and starting laughing at and chasing her.

The bathtub part was cool when he pulled Nancy under. The marshmallow steps were cool too.

I dunno if these new "Nightmare" films will live up to classical moments the early nightmares offered but i sure hope they do.

General G
Ah memoried are nice of that movie...most of the Nightmare movies, I agree with you though...I really hope that they can get the original feel of them back or else they will be just considered "add-ons" and meaningless to me as a series.

Zilverz
I know you guys are tired of hearing it, but WHY?????????????? NOES is an A+++ movie. It is IMPOSSIBLE to make it any better.

Again just proves that fresh ideas/stories are tapped ... anyone with a creative mind, please start writing!!! the strike is over!!! (:

steverules
The problem is the new horror movies do really badly so the companies decide to remake good horror movies...so far the only good remakes I have are: Hills have eyes and Dawn of the dead

Neo Darkhalen
But so do remakes.

HueyFreeman
How about when Nancy got lured down to the schools' boiler room trying to follow (a dead) Tina. -obviously Freddy was doing it.-

The crazy part was when Freddy stepped out from behind some boiler, stood a few feet away from Nancy, with Nancy asking: "Who are you?" And he didn't even answer. All he did was smile, lift up his sweater, and nicely sliced open his rib/stomach area, causing green puss and maggots to ooze out of the single slit. He then lowered his shirt and starting laughing at and chasing her.

The bathtub part was cool when he pulled Nancy under. The marshmallow steps were cool too.

I dunno if these new "Nightmare" films will live up to classical moments the early nightmares offered but i sure hope they do. Those were great also. Another one is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWcgfEEUvU4
5:05- 5:08

General G
Originally posted by Zilverz
I know you guys are tired of hearing it, but WHY?????????????? NOES is an A+++ movie. It is IMPOSSIBLE to make it any better.

Again just proves that fresh ideas/stories are tapped ... anyone with a creative mind, please start writing!!! the strike is over!!! (:

This is why we are all mostly worried about them making it...But we can't do anything to stop it...so...may as well hope for the best smile

MildPossession
Apparently Michael Rosenbaum of Smallville might be taking the role of Freddy Kruger, that's going around at the moment.

FistOfThe North
haha, lex as freddy kruger? Can't picture it..

i'll always see lex and ill always think of robert englund. Which i think can still do it freddy.

Mike is smallville's best actor. But i dunno about this. But then again i said the same thing about heath's '08 joker and and the guy whom played spiderman. So who knows.

to me, Englud made freddy virtually unplayable by anyone else, in a way.

amlap
um i'd go with ADIEN BRODY cause hes got that hook nose that FREDDY somehow developed throughout the movies.

but seriously i really have a hard time picturing LEX as FREDDY. as far as im concerned ENGLAND owns that character.
but i also thought LEDGER was a bad choice for THE JOKER and from what i see from the trailer i probably have no idea what im talking about.

theres a saying that i think fits these hollywood remakes:
IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DONT FIX IT!!!
call me old fashion

my favorite FREDDY moment by far...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgR9krQRHeA
WELCOME TO PRIME TIME, B*TCH!

BackFire
If Englund isn't Freddy then it's a bust.

Kazenji
Originally posted by BackFire
If Englund isn't Freddy then it's a bust.

Not really. all they have to do is find someone that looks almost like Robert england after all they manage to do it for Superman apart from reeves being dead.

Evil Dead
Originally posted by Kazenji
Not really. all they have to do is find someone that looks almost like Robert england after all they manage to do it for Superman apart from reeves being dead.

with so many prosthetic pieces already used for the Freddy make-up, it wouldn't be hard to add in some cheek/chin peices to make anybody look like Englund under the latex. That's not the problem. Freddy Krueger was all in the body language. Englund brought a certain walk, a certain akward way of holding his body, a certain style of movement to the character. You can see Englund in any other movie not being Freddy and he kind of holds himself like he's a homosexual. When playing Freddy, it's all body-acting. He turned a character that's like 5'9" 150lbs into a menacing villain with motion.

I don't believe anybody else is capable of bringing this to the character. It's kind of like Kane Hodder as Jason. It doesn't matter who's under the mask, ....you can tell if it's Kane or not. They could get someone that looks exactly like Englund and put him in the make-up, as soon as you tune in you'll say,"that's not Freddy.....that's some guy dressed up in a Freddy costume".

General G
100% agreed.

vintageSW77
i asked Englund 3 weeks ago what he thought about another actor playing Kruger and he pulled me close and whispered in my ear
"theres only ever goin to be one Freddy Kruger!"
nice chap btw
heres myself and Englund and looking at myself on that pic theyd save money on make up appliances if they gave me the job

MildPossession
I hate you. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.