The future of Captain Atom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Peek
Since I read the JLE I have been a fan of him. I am pretty gutted hes became a villain, but Monarchs cool at least.

What do you think is in CA's future. Not as Monarch but as Cap. smile

lando005
there will probably be a new one when all the dust settles

Capt Spaulding
Originally posted by Peek
Since I read the JLE I have been a fan of him. I am pretty gutted hes became a villain, but Monarchs cool at least.

I think he'll die erm He became monarch clearly because DC ran out of ideas for him. They tried making him Monarch in '95ish, but because this got leaked, they changed it to hawk, which actually ****ed up continuity. Then in Extreme Justice, another Monarch came around, this time being Captain Atom...Then in Superman/Batman they were just going to let him die when he took the superman/batman robot to destroy the giant kryptonite asteroid...went through wildstrom instead, and then decided breach wouldn't be the revamped Captain Atom, though he was going to be. if you read issue one, sometimes Breach is referred to as Mr. Adam (CA's real name is Nathaniel Adam.) DC's run out of things for the character, it's ashame too. I could write for him, ya know? I have alot of story ideas. The whole "hero to Villain idea's been done to death, and It's pretty obvious, the character will just die

Capt Spaulding
o peek, buy his '87/'88 series. It's the best work with CA in it

batdude123
Originally posted by Capt Spaulding
I think he'll die erm He became monarch clearly because DC ran out of ideas for him. They tried making him Monarch in '95ish, but because this got leaked, they changed it to hawk, which actually ****ed up continuity. Then in Extreme Justice, another Monarch came around, this time being Captain Atom...Then in Superman/Batman they were just going to let him die when he took the superman/batman robot to destroy the giant kryptonite asteroid...went through wildstrom instead, and then decided breach wouldn't be the revamped Captain Atom, though he was going to be. if you read issue one, sometimes Breach is referred to as Mr. Adam (CA's real name is Nathaniel Adam.) DC's run out of things for the character, it's ashame too. I could write for him, ya know? I have alot of story ideas. The whole "hero to Villain idea's been done to death, and It's pretty obvious, the character will just die

Sad but true. sad

Peek

I can see that happening. Its shame to because he has always been interesting to me. The whole solder aspect to him is very cool.

Peek
o peek, buy his '87/'88 series. It's the best work with CA in it I will.

Thanks for the recommendation. thumb up

Capt Spaulding
I can see that happening. Its shame to because he has always been interesting to me. The whole soldier aspect to him is very cool.

It was one of the primary aspects to his conflict of character...

Peek
It was one of the primary aspects to his conflict of character...

The episode in JLU comes to mind when he was choosing between the League and government so he decided to confront Supes. or something, never watched it all.

Capt Spaulding
The episode in JLU comes to mind when he was choosing between the League and government so he decided to confront Supes. or something, never watched it all.

lulz @ referring to JLU Cap. In all seriousness though, he's done alot of evil shit, he's destroyed entire planets in Arena, which is rediculously out of character ermm Is there any going back now? erm
He's to powerful and unstable to be a recurring villain, and he's too immensly powerful to be a hero again. He's probably going to die, since this is the final crisis...

Peek
LOL I know its not a good example but it was the closest thing I could come up with to describe it. Its 3:17 here and I'm tired. stick out tongue

I think you got it right, can't become a hero, to powerful to be a villain. Hes most probably gone. sad

roughrider
I thought this Monarch was supposed to be a quantum energy clone of Captain Atom, not the real one.
The Monarch/CA controversy has been going on since 1991; it's getting as confusing as Hawkman's true backstory.

Capt Spaulding
Originally posted by roughrider
I thought this Monarch was supposed to be a quantum energy clone of Captain Atom, not the real one.
The Monarch/CA controversy has been going on since 1991; it's getting as confusing as Hawkman's true backstory.

That's pretty much what I said. And it also seemd possible but if you Read Ion #11 was it? Anyway, in that he takes off his helmet, in which we see his head.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/Red_Atom/Captain%20Atom/Cap%20scans/00-2-1.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/Red_Atom/Captain%20Atom/Cap%20scans/Untitled-14.jpg

grey fox
He looks suprisingly kickass with the Helmet off.

llagrok
I think C.A will be alright A.J.

Peek
Originally posted by llagrok
I think C.A will be alright A.J. thumb down

Capt Spaulding
laughing @ Kris.

Not ethat Monarch here is nothing like he is now ermm

Val
"So many worlds. Why shouldn't they all get a chance to live?"

Guess he had a change of heart. haermm

starlock
I see a new slant on cap coming up...i see a new start for him, or i hope so, i was always a fan of his and hope a good story line comes of it,When the monitor states all life is gone, are we to assume smp and monarch are gone from countdown? any previews or such?

GGS
People like that never truley die out he'll come back somewhere somehow in the long distance future at least ala superboy prime and the anti-monitor if not as a black latern.

Neo Darkhalen

So true.

WrathfulDwarf

Most likely something or somehow the two will be separated. Captain Atom on one side and Monarch on the other.

See Hal Jordan and Parallax.

I want more Monarch...heck! His own series if possible.

Peek
That would end up being lame. But I would love it.

Capt Spaulding
That would end up being lame. But I would love it.

uh....huh

Peek
Meaning it would end up sucking. But I would enjoy it because of Monarch.

Like CD. It sucks but Prime and Monarch make me enjoy it. The rest? Not so much.

Capt Spaulding
Meaning it would end up sucking. But I would enjoy it because of Monarch.

Like CD. It sucks but Prime and Monarch make me enjoy it. The rest? Not so much.

I actually like the prime monarch fight...It's actually the most interesting thing he's done...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.