Extreme, shock and gore-filled horror movies to buy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SelphieT
Hey guys! I've been thinking about buying some insane horror movies, any suggestions?

I'm looking for anything ranging from foreign to banned films, that are beyond extreme.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

BackFire
Cannibal Holocaust
Men Behind the Sun
Salo: 120 Days of Sodom
The Guinea Pig Series -- Particularly The Devil's Experiment, Flower of Flesh and Blood, and Mermaid in the Manhole.
August Underground Series (I've only see the first one, but I hear the others are just as harsh).
Aftermath
Cutting Moments
Zombi 2
Cannibal Ferox
Last House on the Left (relatively tame compared to these other films, but still important to see as it was the first real shock film/video nasty).

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

General G
Those are some pretty good ones Backfire...they brought back some memories! Memories of...gruesome scenes of awesomeness. evil face

I would say one can be Freddy vs. Jason. Now, I know the whole movie isn't what you are looking for, but there is one part in particular that was just downright nasty...there is waaaaay more blood and gore then absolutely necessary!! It is ridiculous! It is the part where Freddy is outside the dream world and they are at Camp crystal lake and on the docks...Freddy has his claws in Jason's eyes...fists enter stomach...machete's are hacking...blood is absolutely everywhere and was absolutely gruesome...so if you really wanted to, you could just go to that spot...but I enjoyed the whole movie.

tabby999
That is the penultimate scene from the movie but i dont think it ranks up with the totally vicious carnage Backfires suggesting.

Impediment
Don't forget the ever classic Dead Alive.

General G
Originally posted by tabby999
That is the penultimate scene from the movie but i dont think it ranks up with the totally vicious carnage Backfires suggesting.

No, it doesn't...but he took all the good ones.

papabeard
All of the above are great examples, you could also check out,

Nightmare Concert (aka A cat in the brain by Lucio Fulci, in fact anything by fulci is good, so, The Beyond, City of the Living Dead,Zombie Flesheaters,et al)
The Story of Ricky ( not horror but great gore)
Black Sun - The NangKing Massacre( again not horror )
Intruder ( awsome low budget slasher gore, an early knb effort )
My Bloody Valentine ( uncut )
The Prowler
Pieces
Versus
Maniac

papabeard
Oh and Anthropophagus 2000 a remake of Anthropophagus The Beast (1980 by Joe D'amato) by Andreas Schnaas is pretty messed up.

HueyFreeman
Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer
Suspiria
Last House on the Left
The Beyond
Gates of Hell

Comicbook_kid
I'm kinda surprised no one has said "Nekromantik" or "Nekromantik 2" yet...

And I thought the first "Evil Dead" was pretty bloody and gory...again, surprised nobody said that one either.

If you're looking for gore and blood, watch the new "Rambo" film ....even though it's not classified as horror, it's got PLENTY of good gore, blood, decapitations, disembowelments, and dismemberments. Most violent film I've watched in quite a while.... smile

General G
Nice! That movie was great...lots of action and VERY violent.

SelphieT
For all the foreign ones, should I make sure they have subtitles, instead of being dubbed?

ViolaCard
Redneck Zombies!
or anything released by Troma!
The Toxic Avenger is pretty rad.

WrathfulDwarf
Okay, here are mine:

Extreme and disturbing? The Untold Story, Ichi The Killer, The Hill Have Eyes (remake) and High Tension.

Shocking? Wicker Man (The original movie not that stupid remake)

Disturbing and hard to watch Gore? Okay, all of these take it

August Underground
Aftermath
Hostel
Cannibal Holocaust
Cannibal Ferox
Salo
Lucio Fulci's The Beyond
Men Behind the Sun

Fun Gore? (i.e. a movie with sick images but funny)

Toxic Avenger.
Ricky Oh! The Story of Ricki.
Cementary Man.

Have fun. smile

jaden101
a korean film called "hell"....it can be pretty cheesy in some parts but its got stuff like people getting molten metal poured down their throats

BackFire
Originally posted by SelphieT
For all the foreign ones, should I make sure they have subtitles, instead of being dubbed?

Doesn't matter either way.

regina414
How about the Faces of Death series?
So horribly disgusting. Makes me wanna throw up seeing how those people die...

BackFire
Overrated, I think.

Many have been proven to be fake.

SelphieT
Originally posted by regina414
How about the Faces of Death series?
So horribly disgusting. Makes me wanna throw up seeing how those people die...

I'd rather watch real humans dying, rather than fake shit. Plus, I'm not into animals being brutally killed. shrug I don't give two shits about a human dying.

WrathfulDwarf
I'm not into animals being brutally killed.

In that case don't bother with Cannibal Holocaust and Cannibal Ferox.

papabeard
Check out some Hong Kong Category 3 films like The Untold Story and Dr Lamb

steverules
Dead alive and HOSTEL

SelphieT
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
In that case don't bother with Cannibal Holocaust and Cannibal Ferox.

I'll end up seeing them anyways. I dealt with the turtle, I'll slowly but surely continue

BackFire
The turtle is the worst, easy sailing if you've already watched that.

steverules
Whats the turtle? messed

SelphieT
Originally posted by BackFire
The turtle is the worst, easy sailing if you've already watched that.

Alright, awesome

Originally posted by steverules
Whats the turtle? messed

These people pull out a huge turtle out of a river, and brutally kill it...... and of course, it's a real turtle.

steverules
Well thats a bit harsh...I feel sorry for the turtle, were these people escaped maniacs?

SelphieT
No, researchers I believe. I haven't seen all of the movie, just that scene. They were sane people but..... poor turtle.

erikko
the most gory yet scary movie i've seen is The Exorcist with Linda Blair

papabeard
Mordum is a load of cack, they are clearly just trying to shock the audience and to be honest i thought it was going to be much more difficult to watch, there is no narrative, structure or context to this balls which renders the whole sorry mess completely inneffective, the effects are crap and almost non existent, there are some very sick ideas but the effect is more like some random meaningless images, its even funny in places to think how outrageous the filmmakers ( and i use the word very loosley ) believe themselves to be. Last House on the Left covered many of these ideas far more effectively as it was created by skilled film makers. If Mordum had been made by skilled filmmakers it would f@ck you up, thankfully it was not.

WrathfulDwarf
I'll end up seeing them anyways. I dealt with the turtle, I'll slowly but surely continue

There is a scene involving a mongoose (i think) chained to a stake and getting eaten by a python...very cruel scene on the part of the director. (Cannibal Ferox)

BackFire
Originally posted by papabeard
Mordum is a load of cack, they are clearly just trying to shock the audience and to be honest i thought it was going to be much more difficult to watch, there is no narrative, structure or context to this balls which renders the whole sorry mess completely inneffective, the effects are crap and almost non existent, there are some very sick ideas but the effect is more like some random meaningless images, its even funny in places to think how outrageous the filmmakers ( and i use the word very loosley ) believe themselves to be. Last House on the Left covered many of these ideas far more effectively as it was created by skilled film makers. If Mordum had been made by skilled filmmakers it would f@ck you up, thankfully it was not.

I've heard Mordum was quite over the top, which is one of the reasons I've not seen it yet. The thing about the original was that it was fairly subdued and felt very real.

I've heard Penance goes back to the roots and is more like the original.

papabeard
I've heard Mordum was quite over the top, which is one of the reasons I've not seen it yet. The thing about the original was that it was fairly subdued and felt very real.

I've heard Penance goes back to the roots and is more like the original.

I should have watched AU first, ill watch it and penance in time, have you heard anything about the Redsin Tower?

BackFire
Just that it's quite gory and pretty good.

deathbycorn
In A Glass Cage
Naked Blood 1 & 2
Art of the Devil 1 & 2
Subconscious Cruelty

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Selphie

These people pull out a huge turtle out of a river, and brutally kill it...... and of course, it's a real turtle.

One of the first thoughts i had during that scene was...,teenage mutant ninja what? laughing out loud

amlap
i think we all can agree that any movie with cannibal and zombie in the title your pretty much in luck!

cannibal holocaust btw is still the only movie to make me really feel disturbed.

BackFire
I can definitely add August Underground's Mordum and Penance to this list. Both are heinously gory and vile. Mordum more so, but it's a weak film. Penance is quite solid.

Killsw1tch
Ive been wanting to watch 120 days of sodom so bad but the only place that its available is on ebay and I hate buying off of the computer.

BackFire
There's a rerelease scheduled for later this year from Critireon.

Killsw1tch
There's a rerelease scheduled for later this year from Critireon.

Wow nice, is it the fully uncut version or a more censored version?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.