Can you fallin love?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GirlAnachronism
Heya! i was just wondering can people fall in love? Do they? or is it just a megga crush. How do u know if your in love? Is it possible to love someone without being in love? love

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by GirlAnachronism
Heya! i was just wondering can people fall in love? Do they? or is it just a megga crush. How do u know if your in love? Is it possible to love someone without being in love? love

You can fall in love.

It's hard to describe, but you will know it when it happens to you.

It is possible to love someone without being in love

GirlAnachronism
but just because they're the last person you think of when u go to sleep and the first when u wake up, u randomly find yourself smling at little things they say even though they're not around, and you would do anything for them, is that enough? xxx

Shakyamunison
but just because they're the last person you think of when u go to sleep and the first when u wake up, u randomly find yourself smling at little things they say even though they're not around, and you would do anything for them, is that enough? xxx

It seems you already know the answer to that question. wink

DigiMark007
Love is a matter of projection. You project the idea that "I'm in love" onto a person or situation, rather than there being some arbitrary point at which lust/infatuation/liking ends and love begins.

In other words, the only person that can answer the question for you is yourself, because you create the meaning of it. It's far from an objective endeavor. The closest you could get is possibly monitoring brain patterns when they claim to be in love, but this would also be undermined by the different ways people experience "love" (newly-weds, people married 50 years, life partners, best friends, love for a concept/idea/object/food/etc.) It's really just too amorphous to pin down.

Storm
It is not an easy question to answer. What feels like love to one person may be nothing more than attraction to another. Love is based on more than just physical attraction. Attraction is a factor, but love goes deeper than that. Love is based on caring, friendship, commitment and trust.

Love can take many different forms, some of which don' t require people to be in love: friendly love, familial love, ...

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by Storm
It is not an easy question to answer. What feels like love to one person may be nothing more than attraction to another. Love is based on more than just physical attraction. Attraction is a factor, but love goes deeper than that. Love is based on caring, friendship, commitment and trust.

Love can take many different forms, some of which don' t require people to be in love: friendly love, familial love, ...

I agree with what your saying.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

Which is just code for screwing someone.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Which is just code for screwing someone.

I wasn't talking about sex. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cornlady
Yes you can love someone with out being love with them, like your friends or family.

Quark_666
Originally posted by Cornlady
Yes you can love someone with out being love with them, like your friends or family.

"love someone." "being in love." I think I need some clarification here.

inimalist
Happy V-Day, monkeys!

http://www.livescience.com/health/080214-hn-love.html
http://www.livescience.com/health/080214-beauty-bias.html
http://www.livescience.com/health/080212-dating-success.html
http://www.livescience.com/health/050531_love_sex.html

JediSamuraiMRB

Yes it is very possible. I was in love once. Relationship ended pretty good as we are still friends to tis day. Its very possible to fall for someone while not in love. For each person it is different as to how you know whether or not you are in love. For me I knew when my eyes met with hers.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Which is just code for screwing someone. You have sex with your mother?

leonheartmm
ahan, ofcourse. there are different levels of love though, even when your IN love. i think selflessness is a good indicater, and joy which u cudnt have thought possible when ur around em/with em/thinking of em/thinking of beein with em. yea basically, ull know when ur in love.

Quark_666
Originally posted by Bardock42
You have sex with your mother?

Well, according to Freud...

Bardock42
Originally posted by leonheartmm
ahan, ofcourse. there are different levels of love though, even when your IN love. i think selflessness is a good indicater, and joy which u cudnt have thought possible when ur around em/with em/thinking of em/thinking of beein with em. yea basically, ull know when ur in love. I believe when I fall in love this time it will be forever.

lord xyz
I believe being in love with something is being with it is just perfect.

Quark_666
Originally posted by lord xyz
I believe being in love with something is being with it is just perfect.

I hate to break it to you, but I can derive about half a dozen different meanings out of that sentence. Could you rephrase?

leonheartmm
i dont beleive that. love can take you to some of the most ****ed up places in your mind.

Deja~vu
Can you fall in love? Nah, you trip into it. Fall down...make a fool of yourself.............LOL

lord xyz
Originally posted by Quark_666
I hate to break it to you, but I can derive about half a dozen different meanings out of that sentence. Could you rephrase? You feel an urge to be with someone no matter what (to be perfect), you have to be with them, otherwise you'll feel like shit without them. That's being inlove. I guess the feeling has to be mutual as well, but I don't know about that.

Quark_666
You feel an urge to be with someone no matter what (to be perfect), you have to be with them, otherwise you'll feel like shit without them. That's being inlove. I guess the feeling has to be mutual as well, but I don't know about that.

Hmm. I suspect that is the case in many instances but I must say there are exceptions!

Deja~vu
Originally posted by Deja~vu
Can you fall in love? Nah, you trip into it. Fall down...make a fool of yourself.............LOL I still stand by this. laughing out loud

lord xyz
Originally posted by Quark_666
Hmm. I suspect that is the case in many instances but I must say there are exceptions! Like what?

~KoK!~
How do u know if your in love?

Originally posted by silver_tears:

You don't. You second guess yourself, you're paranoid and insecure, you wonder what they're thinking, you wonder what their long pauses mean, you think about them during the day, you want all of their attention at once but don't want to be smothered, you worry you're not enough, you worry you're too much. Love's a mess, it's not pretty and it's not neatly packaged, but once you find it, you never want to let go, and if you are forced to do so you never wanna love again, until the next one that awakens you again and makes you want all of those terrible things again because that other person when they smile at you makes you forget it all and you're just content doing nothing with them.

Deja~vu
Can you fall into love? No, you must plan it out with a daily planner, schedule meetings, guest speakers then decide. Have a family vote may help you too. If all is agreed then YES you can fall in love.

Shakyamunison
Can you fall into love? No, you must plan it out with a daily planner, schedule meetings, guest speakers then decide. Have a family vote may help you too. If all is agreed then YES you can fall in love.

But I never like the way the vote goes. sad

Tptmanno1
I feel a more interesting question regarding this, seeing as the answer to the initial question is obvious, people "fall" into the cultural definition of love all the time and end up writing shitty songs and movies about it...

But I propose,
Is the concept of love a Meme?
Could it be, that love is simply a pointless aspect of an antiquated society where it is assumed that two people must be bound together in order to maximize the survival of their offspring? And in such an advanced technological society, the original purpose of love, is no longer existent, and we simply purvey this concept through the the seeming cultural necessity of being in love? I mean I even saw this headline of the cover of some foreign vogue (not ment to be a slur, simply a discription) "Is love necessary or simply a fashion accessory?"
And I think that says more than I ever could about the issue, especially since they judged that it was simply an incredibly desirable accessory.

Wålshy
meet 'em, shag 'em, leave 'em

chithappens
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
I feel a more interesting question regarding this, seeing as the answer to the initial question is obvious, people "fall" into the cultural definition of love all the time and end up writing shitty songs and movies about it...

But I propose,
Is the concept of love a Meme?
Could it be, that love is simply a pointless aspect of an antiquated society where it is assumed that two people must be bound together in order to maximize the survival of their offspring? And in such an advanced technological society, the original purpose of love, is no longer existent, and we simply purvey this concept through the the seeming cultural necessity of being in love? I mean I even saw this headline of the cover of some foreign vogue (not ment to be a slur, simply a discription) "Is love necessary or simply a fashion accessory?"
And I think that says more than I ever could about the issue, especially since they judged that it was simply an incredibly desirable accessory.

... People need loyalties somewhere. Love can exist between two people, and last throughout their lives. There must be loyalties for people somewhere although sadly, love is not guaranteed to anyone in their lifetime.

I will elaborate on the point later. I'm kinda lazy right onw.

Tptmanno1
But if you ask most people Loyalty and love are two different things....
As much as I hate Copy-pasting long bits of shit, I have thought about this before...

Quark_666
Like what? That's personal.

UKR

I've never fallen in love in my entire life. The whole thing is ridiculous, all that mushy Disney shit with flowers and chocolate. Ungh. No way is any woman worth that.

Deja~vu
You seem boring.

StuffandThings
What's the sound of a feeling?

Think 'bout it. Your answer is simpler then a volley of words.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by UKR
I've never fallen in love in my entire life. The whole thing is ridiculous, all that mushy Disney shit with flowers and chocolate. Ungh. No way is any woman worth that.

I've never come close to anything like love but the concept is very easy to grasp if you take a few Meisner acting classes. I think for almost all people love is probably worth a great deal.

Rogue Jedi
Heya! i was just wondering can people fall in love? Do they? or is it just a megga crush. How do u know if your in love? Is it possible to love someone without being in love? love When you have a significant other, and you care more about their welfare than your own, if you can't imagine life without them, that's a good sign it's love, not a crush.

lord xyz
You feel it to be perfect or empowering so you fall in love with it.

It/her/him/them etc

BruceSkywalker

Love comes to all of us in different ways

Lord Knightfa11
Love isn't magic, although it may start that way. True love is staying committed and doing anything for that person unconditionally, like a rock, after all the touchy feel-y stuff has died away.

Kirikaze Fuuma

of course we can fall in love. every human has it.

Sado22
i believe in GROWING in love. its two people coming together and completing eachother as they both expand and follow their own paths in life and their spiritual journey. that is true love.

Jack Daniels
Im in LOVE with my wife...but I fell in love with whiskeygirl when I saw her username..lol

Deja~vu
Is she your wife??

Jack Daniels
charmedgrl420 is but she never logs in anymore...I was jus crackin about jack daniels would have to go for a woman named whiskeygrl..lol

sailormoon
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
You can fall in love.

It's hard to describe, but you will know it when it happens to you.

I agree

matunechka
Love is one of the most important feelings!Even the power of money goes after love.We can't buy love for any money.It is not simply to fall in love.But it is typically for all people I think!But we can fall in love only ones and forever!!!!!

teamB_macro
Love is so overrated. that's coming from someone wallowing in bitterness

Rogue Jedi
Love is the most powerful force in the universe.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Love is the most powerful force in the universe.
replace the word love with the word fear,and you're completely right!

inimalist
I don't think either have much on gravity or electroweak...

Bardock42
Originally posted by inimalist
I don't think either have much on gravity or electroweak...

Which in turn have nothing on strong force...

Also, gravity is not a force at all...probably...maybe.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by Bardock42
Which in turn have nothing on strong force...

Also, gravity is not a force at all...probably...maybe.
physics ftw

SIDIOUS 66
It's weird. I have only fell hard for one girl in my life, but when I found out she went behind my back with another guy. My feelings for her left that same day I found out. So, would that be love?

I have seen plenty of other girls after her, but never did the things for them as I did for her.

I don't think I have really experienced heartbreak in my life.

magicturtle
To answer this philosophical Question, we must first, examine the word "love" Now, What is love, really? Once we know what love is, we can then find out the terms that a person ahve to undergo to enter this state, or if it is even possible.

jinXed by JaNx
yeah, you can fall in love but first you will need the following...,

A steady job
A goal
A healthy body
A clean pair of genitals
A mode of transportation
A humble Abode
A fashionably sensable wardrobe
A nice watch
A good pair of shoes
A fine suit
A sharp brain
A pack of condoms
And a turkey baster

Thats love in a nutshell, for ya

fini
Sigh love is such a *****.

I had given up on it almost completely and it came and smacked me in the face.
Man its powerful....... and for one of the most logical, realist persons to say that, well wow.

Rogue Jedi
I gave up on it. The part of my heart that loves is dried and withered. I still love my Dad, sis, and a few others, but a significant other? **** that.

red joker
you can fall in love. i did. its hard to explain to you guys cause its love. we all do it different and we all want it shown back different. but you will know its real when you can feel it in your heart. lost without her now. no you cant love someone without being in love. you can say it because thats how we all do things now its apart of the relationship. but thats not your fault some belive that they do love that person and they find out they don't. but if its true love you will know. trust me i do

Deja~vu
Love is just severe attachment. And for those Buddhists how do you handle that if you're not supposed to be attached to this world or anything in it. Good question, I think.

Digi
Originally posted by red joker
you can fall in love. i did. its hard to explain to you guys cause its love. we all do it different and we all want it shown back different. but you will know its real when you can feel it in your heart. lost without her now. no you cant love someone without being in love. you can say it because thats how we all do things now its apart of the relationship. but thats not your fault some belive that they do love that person and they find out they don't. but if its true love you will know. trust me i do

Awww.

Love is just severe attachment. And for those Buddhists how do you handle that if you're not supposed to be attached to this world or anything in it. Good question, I think.

Yes, because contradictions between lifestyle and religion never happen in society. Never. .....ever.

Deja~vu
LOL

So attachment(s) has to be present in life no matter what you believe, including the Buddhsssists. There ARE some attachments that are acceptable?

Are attachments good or bad? And why then would a person want to do away with them. I agree that a person would be better without attachments for they lead to pain, but love is an attachment also and how is it better to do away with that? That leads to the biggest pain.

How can anyone live on this planet and not have an attachment? Some views state that you will never grow in spirit while other views say that YOU DO grow in spirit.

Mindset
Digi loves me, that's all I know.

ADarksideJedi
Yes I believe that you can fall in love and be happy and not fall out of love if you really care about that person.

StarCraft2
assuming you are talking about romantic love.

fall in love is when you trust the person respect the person like the person sexually attracted to that person and as the person above me said it... if you also care for the person. (mutual feelings for one another)

if you trust/care the person only = friendship
if you sexually attracted to that person only = lust/crush
if you like the person only = acquainted (sp)

if you add friendship crush caring and all this, i believe its a reciepe for love.

but theres more to it than just what i described above. i dont know what.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by StarCraft2
fall in love is when you trust the person respect the person like the person sexually attracted to that person and as the person above me said it... if you also care for the person. (mutual feelings for one another)

if you trust/care the person only = friendship
if you sexually attracted to that person only = lust/crush
if you like the person only = acquainted (sp)

if you add friendship crush caring and all this, i believe its a reciepe for love. You don't have to like a person to be acquainted. Nor do you have to trust/care for someone for them to be a friend.

As for love, it exists. The only time I've ever been in it I didn't realise until it was all over. Bit like Big Yellow Taxi the song. stick out tongue

Love IMO is an emotion. It does't have to be built on anything really.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.