NO violence in the 80's or 90's?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JacopeX
So there's this group resistance director in Maryland who says that violence in our society today is all due to the Rap, Video games, and Internet....yadda yadda yadda. However, he made probably one of the stupidest and most incorrect comment I have heard from a public speaker, especially from someone who should know what he is resisting. roll eyes (sarcastic)

"In the 80's and 90's, you didn't have video games, you didn't have the violence in the media, you didn't have the Internet."

LOL

heres the link....

http://gamepolitics.com/2008/01/30/gta-rap-blamed-for-gang-problem-in-maryland-county/

Schecter
so...basically there is no topic to discuss...

Blax_Hydralisk
The guy's an idiot.

Case closed.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by JacopeX
So there's this group resistance director in Maryland who says that violence in our society today is all due to the Rap, Video games, and Internet....yadda yadda yadda. However, he made probably one of the stupidest and most incorrect comment I have heard from a public speaker, especially from someone who should know what he is resisting. roll eyes (sarcastic)

"In the 80's and 90's, you didn't have video games, you didn't have the violence in the media, you didn't have the Internet."

LOL

heres the link....

http://gamepolitics.com/2008/01/30/gta-rap-blamed-for-gang-problem-in-maryland-county/

The ****? You had video games and rap in the 80's and 90's. His *****-ass needs to stop using video games and to explain the trend of violence today. People said the same shit in the 80's and 90's. The ****?!

Blax_Hydralisk
And.. there's our token angry black man rant for the day.

G'night folks!

Kram3r
Originally posted by Schecter
so...basically there is no topic to discuss...

Pretty much summed it up.

Tempe Brennan

The guy is a moron.

DigiMark007
Completely wrong.

Clearly it's the growing atheism in our society that is responsible for all evil.

Anyway, people will always find excuses to paint their nostalgic past as "better" than recent developments. The world is every bit as f*cked up as its ever been (or every bit as wonderful, depending on one's outlook). We just have youtube, internetz, 24 hour news stations, media fenzies, blogs, etc. to spread it around more and give the bad stuff more coverage.

botankus
Same information, but easier access to such information. Case closed.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
And.. there's our token angry black man rant for the day.

G'night folks!

What the f**k?

BackFire
I blame the growing violence in our society on the growing violence in our society.

Healing Artisan

LOL

heres the link....

http://gamepolitics.com/2008/01/30/gta-rap-blamed-for-gang-problem-in-maryland-county/ he's an idiot and you're an idiot.

Originally posted by BackFire
I blame the growing violence in our society on the growing violence in our society. ex-****ing-actly

inimalist
lol @ both this idiot and the complete failure of the mass media to understand/describe any of the research into media exposure.

anaconda
we had them , but as well we had Millie Vanillie and that was enough to start wars

cococryspies
WTF? The eighties were way more violent than today.

King Kandy
Originally posted by BackFire
I blame the growing violence in our society on the growing violence in our society.
Is there even growing violence to begin with?

JacopeX
Originally posted by Healing Artisan
he's an idiot and you're an idiot.

ex-****ing-actly laughing

Dude.

1. Do you have tourette syndrome or some type of illness where you have the need to insult me with every word I come out with?

2. Do you always have to say "****ing" in a middle of a word in every friggin sentence? It's becoming not only annoying but hilarious, and no one is laughing with you this time, buddy.

3. If your only reason in posting in the GDF, in this thread is so that you can make a total ass of yourself, please GTFO.

Symmetric Chaos
Clearly none of you lived in the 80s or 90s. I don't remember any violence at all.

Schecter
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Clearly none of you lived in the 80s or 90s. I don't remember any violence at all.

lol

((The_Anomaly))
He is correct. Violence was invented in the year 2000.

Blax_Hydralisk
he's an idiot and you're an idiot.

Immaturity at it's finest. roll eyes (sarcastic)

TRH
The guy's an idiot.

Case closed.

lord xyz

LOL

heres the link....

http://gamepolitics.com/2008/01/30/gta-rap-blamed-for-gang-problem-in-maryland-county/ Hillary Clinton?

Healing Artisan
Immaturity at it's finest. roll eyes (sarcastic) immaturity? not at all.

jacopex knows what i'm talking about.

apoc001
You know it was video games, internet, and violence in the media that caused the crusades.

Blax_Hydralisk
immaturity? not at all.

jacopex knows what i'm talking about.

There is nothing that warrants you to come into a thread that has nothing to do with you and call someone an idiot.

If you don't like him, fine. But really just take it to PM's.

Devil King
NO violence in the 80's or 90's?

They're the same kind of dumbasses that think that there was no violence in the "good ole days" of the 50's.

They think that things were better somehow because there wasn't a 24 hour national news industry that has to turn a profit, dig up and then senational news.

That explains why we turn on the news every night and have to spend an hour listening to a constant parade of this dead/missing blonde or that one.

Healing Artisan
There is nothing that warrants you to come into a thread that has nothing to do with you and call someone an idiot.

If you don't like him, fine. But really just take it to PM's. i'm surprised you're getting really emotional about this.

i dont know any of you, i'm juding jacopex based on his ignorant stupid posts from the past.

i'm just having fun. you dont like it, then put me on the ignore list. makes things better for everyone.

Blax_Hydralisk
i'm surprised you're getting really emotional about this.

You must be pretty perceptive to sense emotion from a mere internet post wink

So? What does any of that crap have to do with the actual topic? Or are you just taking potshots?

If he bothers you so much why not just put him on ignore?

Healing Artisan
as i said, there are reasons for my irrelevant posts torwards jacopex. you wouldn't know about it cuz it's happened in the past. as i said, put me on ignore list if it makes your time at KMC more enjoyable. And he's not bothering me, i'm bothering him.

dadudemon
Originally posted by apoc001
You know it was video games, internet, and violence in the media that caused the crusades.

Public executions which included but not limited to: being drawn and quartered, beheading, disembowelment, burning at the stake, Ling Chi, boiling, Breaking Wheel, Flaying, Scaphism, and sawing, and various other medieval torture methods were of course due to violent video games and movies.

McLovin
I guess this mother****er never spent time in NYC during the late 80's.

JacopeX
immaturity? not at all.

jacopex knows what i'm talking about. I am sorry but no I do not know what you are talking about. All I know is that you are a sad little man who has the need to insult me.

i'm surprised you're getting really emotional about this.

i dont know any of you, i'm juding jacopex based on his ignorant stupid posts from the past.

i'm just having fun. you dont like it, then put me on the ignore list. makes things better for everyone. The past is the past. Let whatever post I made that made you ***** about just go.

as i said, there are reasons for my irrelevant posts torwards jacopex. you wouldn't know about it cuz it's happened in the past. as i said, put me on ignore list if it makes your time at KMC more enjoyable. And he's not bothering me, i'm bothering him. Yes, you are correct on your posts being irrelevant. laughing out loud

Dude, if your only reason posting in this thread is to start trouble, please GTFO. Thank you. wink

dadudemon
Dude, if your only reason posting in this thread is to start trouble, please GTFO. Thank you. wink

Geez man! sad

I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'll GTFO then. big grin

chithappens
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
He is correct. Violence was invented in the year 2000.

Along with terrorism

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Devil King
That explains why we turn on the news every night and have to spend an hour listening to a constant parade of this dead/missing blonde or that one.

Why would anybody do that?

cococryspies
Here's a graph of violent crimes in the US from 1973 to 2003. The highest point is in the early ninties, the lowest 2003, this according to the US Bureau of Justice Statistics.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/glance/viort.htm

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by cococryspies
Here's a graph of violent crimes in the US from 1973 to 2003. The highest point is in the early ninties, the lowest 2003, this according to the US Bureau of Justice Statistics.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/glance/viort.htm

I like how murder remains an absolute constant.

dadudemon
I like how murder remains an absolute constant.

Strange, that is. It is a measurement of "x" per thousand...so it has remained at at constant .1 per thousand for a long time.

I bet I could raise that number up to .2 if I had enough money.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by dadudemon
Strange, that is. It is a measurement of "x" per thousand...so it has remained at at constant .1 per thousand for a long time.

I bet I could raise that number up to .2 if I had enough money.

You don't have enough money for a cheap golf club?

dadudemon
You don't have enough money for a cheap golf club?

That would be a very innefficient way to raise the average per thousand to .2 from .1. There are over 300 million people in American now. I would have to kill 30,000 people to raise it to .2 murders per thousand............that is ALOT.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.