Greg Pak about Hulk vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FearOfBlood

grey fox
Pak's a retard and a hack.

Peek

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by Peek
So do you think Hulk can beat Superman-Prime? Because another writer said anyone below Beyonder shouldn't challenge him.

Use writer statements fine but prepare for them to be used against you.

No, everyone smart thinks Hulk would beat Superman Prime.

Alfheim
wait wait wait that guy said that Thor is now more powerful than Odin.

Peek
Originally posted by FearOfBlood
No, everyone smart thinks Hulk would beat Superman Prime. But the writer said anyone below Beyonder.

So Hulk can beat Beyonder?

FearOfBlood
But the writer said anyone below Beyonder.

So Hulk can beat Beyonder?

Where did he say that ?

Bad Ash231

Peek
Where did he say that ? I will look.

Whats your reaction to that then sunshine?

Juntai
Superman squashes Hulk.

grey fox
I will look.

Whats your reaction to that then sunshine?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/materiaall/303co53.gif

Estacado
No, everyone smart thinks Hulk would beat Superman Prime.
You are like the number 1 dumbass on Kmc.

grey fox
No, everyone smart thinks Hulk would beat Superman Prime. http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/materiaall/Kiwf.gif

iceman24567
When i first read World War Hulk i was happy he was getting the recognition he deserved since he's one of my favorite characters ever but this is going beyond recognition it's getting a bit out of hand. Greg Pak needs to shut up who is he to say Hulk is so more powerful than Superman or anybody on that level? He fight one Superman clone and almost lost Superman letting loose like The Sentry would have killed the Hulk the end. Ps Greg Pak is getting so much hate mail right now. Lulzorz

Peek
Good, the guys an idiot lol.

Kutulu
Pak is a very good writer. Being the writer allows him to do something amazing - write a story.

Just because you guys try to pidgeonhole the Hulk into a certain position doesn't mean that's how the character actually is.

If a writer decides to upgrade someone in power, then that's their perogative, not yours as the reader. The storyline of why the Hulk got exponentially stronger makes sense and was emotional, it wasn't just "oh Hulk get shiney object and now is stronger than ever!" type of story. He went through tears and blood to save planet Sakaar to have it ruined, it's no surprise that his anger level went up exponentially along with his strength.

Yes I said exponentially. Meaning his strength went from the equivilant of 10^9 to 10^18 or something along those lines. It didn't rise linear - it was exponential, and that fits in with his character consistently as how he's been portrayed. So the writer has plenty of canon events to grow upon, it's just the people here like to put him in a certain spot and assume he stays there indefinitely.

Fact of the matter is that Hulk's strength, which has always been described as infinite in terms of limit, can put him from the equivilant of low herald all the way up to skyfather levels and beyond.

Laugh all you want, but that's how the character is portrayed.

starlock
I dont see the big deal here

Peek
Originally posted by Kutulu
Pak is a very good writer. Being the writer allows him to do something amazing - write a story.

Just because you guys try to pidgeonhole the Hulk into a certain position doesn't mean that's how the character actually is.

If a writer decides to upgrade someone in power, then that's their perogative, not yours as the reader. The storyline of why the Hulk got exponentially stronger makes sense and was emotional, it wasn't just "oh Hulk get shiney object and now is stronger than ever!" type of story. He went through tears and blood to save planet Sakaar to have it ruined, it's no surprise that his anger level went up exponentially along with his strength.

Yes I said exponentially. Meaning his strength went from the equivilant of 10^9 to 10^18 or something along those lines. It didn't rise linear - it was exponential, and that fits in with his character consistently as how he's been portrayed. So the writer has plenty of canon events to grow upon, it's just the people here like to put him in a certain spot and assume he stays there indefinitely.

Fact of the matter is that Hulk's strength, which has always been described as infinite in terms of limit, can put him from the equivilant of low herald all the way up to skyfather levels and beyond.

Laugh all you want, but that's how the character is portrayed. He wrote WWH so no hes not a very good writer.

The only ones who seem to enjoy are his fanboys.

iceman24567

Laugh all you want, but that's how the character is portrayed. You do know even with his strength at sky-father level it doesn't make him or anybody with said strength a sky-father level character. Their are so many characters with sky-father level strength Lobo lifted the weight of the universe would you say he was a sky-father? I wouldn't and guess what he is my favorite Dc villain or anti hero. So no just because the writer wants to make his character look more powerful than rivaling characters doesn't make it so.

Kutulu
Originally posted by iceman24567
You do know even with his strength at sky-father level it doesn't make him or anybody with said strength a sky-father level character. Their are so many characters with sky-father level strength Lobo lifted the weight of the universe would you say he was a sky-father? I wouldn't and guess what he is my favorite Dc villain or anti hero. So no just because the writer wants to make his character look more powerful than rivaling characters doesn't make it so.

I never said that it made him a skyfather character, only that his strength and power can reach skyfather levels and beyond. Skyfathers have numerous other abilities, from mystical to physical, and that's what distinguishes them as skyfathers.

If Lobo lifted the weight of the universe, more power to him, I would put that as a skyfather+ level strength feat.

iceman24567
I never said that it made him a skyfather character, only that his strength and power can reach skyfather levels and beyond. Skyfathers have numerous other abilities, from mystical to physical, and that's what distinguishes them as skyfathers.

If Lobo lifted the weight of the universe, more power to him, I would put that as a skyfather+ level strength feat. So would i but he isn't sky-father level right? Hulk may have sky-father level strength but he isn't beating down sky-fathers. What is Thor again?

WrathfulDwarf

Kutulu
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
The day ANY of the Hulks can pull this:

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3878/speedblitzzm5.jpg

I will consider Hulk a WORTHY opponent for the Man of Steel.

Until then...Mr. Pak..you're a friggin idiot. Thanks, now I really hate WWH. With all due respect of course...

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5374/124emb7eu5.jpg

Superman himself realizes how Hulk's strength is growing geometrically in that second scan. It even says that the "outcome of the strange duel is in doubt" - meaning that Superman was surprised at just how fast the Hulk's strength was growing over it's baseline.

WWH was regular Hulk except starting off automatically in an angry state from the get-go from learning to meditate on his rage. Hulk also punched PC supes into orbit so far that it showed him in outer space far away from Earth.

endrict
The day ANY of the Hulks can pull this:

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3878/speedblitzzm5.jpg

I will consider Hulk a WORTHY opponent for the Man of Steel.

Until then...Mr. Pak..you're a friggin idiot. Thanks, now I really hate WWH. With all due respect of course...

Well said WD.

endrict
Greg has talent, I will give him that....but he must have shit for brains to say what he thinks about this.

And Fearofblood is not even worth my time to reply back to.

janus77
interesting and perfectly valid take on matters.

Hulk's always been capable of such levels of power and this has been recognised by The Beyonder, amongst others.

it's just that it isn't frequently shown, and when it is, people get an allergic reaction to Hulk's feats no expression.

Hulk was tough enough to hang with Onslaught and to dent his armour and, naturally, that's not even a 'peak' for him. the same Onslaught *****-slapped Juggernaut and half of Marvel's toughest heroes.

Hulk has endured, contained and released universes of energy, beyond anything Surfer or Thor or any Herald level character is capable of. the nearest feat I can think of is when Surfer took out UniLord, but still... that was just one minor dimension.

it's the powerlevels that Hulk can instantly tap into and release, not the way he smacks around guys like Thing, that should be taken into account when assessing the potential of the character. and, to repeat, Hulk's potential is infinite.

WrathfulDwarf

WWH was regular Hulk except starting off automatically in an angry state from the get-go from learning to meditate on his rage. Hulk also punched PC supes into orbit so far that it showed him in outer space far away from Earth.

Must be just me...but how can you be in rage and meditate at the same time.

confused1

llagrok
Originally posted by janus77
Hulk was tough enough to hang with Onslaught and to dent his armour and, naturally, that's not even a 'peak' for him. the same Onslaught *****-slapped Juggernaut and half of Marvel's toughest heroes.

Hulk has endured, contained and released universes of energy, beyond anything Surfer or Thor or any Herald level character is capable of. the nearest feat I can think of is when Surfer took out UniLord, but still... that was just one minor dimension.

Hmm.

Half of Marvel's toughest heroes?

Energy beyond Thor and Surfer?

eek!

laughing

FearOfBlood

Laugh all you want, but that's how the character is portrayed.

Sweet.

iceman24567
Sweet. Sour no expression

Bad Ash231
Must be just me...but how can you be in rage and meditate at the same time.

confused1

Hulk's rage is mystical!

llagrok
You haters wouldn't understand.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
Hulk's rage is mystical!

omg

We're not worthy! pray

Peek
Originally posted by janus77
interesting and perfectly valid take on matters.

Hulk's always been capable of such levels of power and this has been recognised by The Beyonder, amongst others.

it's just that it isn't frequently shown, and when it is, people get an allergic reaction to Hulk's feats no expression.

it's the powerlevels that Hulk can instantly tap into and release, not the way he smacks around guys like Thing, that should be taken into account when assessing the potential of the character. and, to repeat, Hulk's potential is infinite. His potential strength yes.

But his strength isn't enough and he fails. happy

Kutulu
His potential strength yes.

But his strength isn't enough and he fails. happy

Except at the end of WWH # 5, where he loses it and his strength exponentially continues to rise so high that his mere existence was a threat to the planet. One step shook the entire eastern seaboard, imagine if he tried to jog, the planet would be destroyed before he got to a quarter mile.

His slightest touch at that point was greater than what most class 100's would do with a haymaker. It was the perfect storm of emotion for Hulk that allowed his power to become exponentially stronger than anybody else on the planet including Thor.

Superherovandal
Strength isn't enough to beat Current Supes. Hulk could be as strong as you like if he can't hit Superman he's no threat.

endrict
So pretty much this is another Hulk vs Superman thread for the 1000000 time?

King Kandy
Except at the end of WWH # 5, where he loses it and his strength exponentially continues to rise so high that his mere existence was a threat to the planet. One step shook the entire eastern seaboard, imagine if he tried to jog, the planet would be destroyed before he got to a quarter mile.

His slightest touch at that point was greater than what most class 100's would do with a haymaker. It was the perfect storm of emotion for Hulk that allowed his power to become exponentially stronger than anybody else on the planet including Thor.
Well it's sure a good thing that Thor has the Odinforce and doesn't have to battle with pure strength.

skyfather
greg pak pwtf

Peek

His slightest touch at that point was greater than what most class 100's would do with a haymaker. It was the perfect storm of emotion for Hulk that allowed his power to become exponentially stronger than anybody else on the planet including Thor. Nah your very wrong. Hulk loses and easily at that. yes

Endless Mike
Hulk fanboys are almost as bad as DBZ fanboys

Papa Smurph

Doesn't look like World Breaker Hulk would have any difficulty turning Superman into dust with his fists (hitting him) to me.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Papa Smurph
Doesn't look like World Breaker Hulk would have any difficulty turning Superman into dust with his fists (hitting him) to me.

no expression no expression no expression

no expression dur no expression

LORD B
Originally posted by Papa Smurph
whatdur

Erik-Lensherr
I'm sure Greg Pak wasn't biased or influenced in any way when he made this statement.

Mr. Slippyfist
"Stinky britches. You've got stinky britches."

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by grey fox
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/materiaall/303co53.gif

Damn you crylaugh

llagrok

no expression dur no expression

It's the one in the middle!

Symmetric Chaos
GregPak could beat up Superman ermm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.