Is it wrong?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GirlAnachronism
Sorry this is an issue thats been on my mind recently, and i think i need help from those who don't know me, lol. I was wondering if it is wrong to distroy someones dreams of their future coreer, if they have emotionaly scared your best friend for life?

grey fox
I presume you mean 'Emotionally scarred', and then again you have to describe what 'Scarred' her for us to decide whether its 'for life' or something which can be dealt with.

After that I'll give you a definitive yes or no.

inimalist
How would you destroy someone's dreams of a career?

GirlAnachronism
He is my X and also her brother, about her all i can say is that its something to do when she was younger and to her little sister to. She won't even tell me what it is, but i've seen his face every time she threatons to mensioon it to anyone.
whilst i was going out with him he was extreamly violent towards me, and something happened which i don't even care to mension on here. I have never been very fond of the police so did not want to go to them. Anyways it doesn't matter what happened to me, i just care for my friend. Recently he keeps turning up when i'm with my friends makeing threats. He is slowly diostroying my friends homelife, she doesn't live with her dad but thanks to him her dad won't even speak 2 her. I thought that maybe if i went to the police it would stop him from becomeing a police officer and give him the wakeup call he needs. People like him are who the police are there to protect us from, not recrute them, arn't they? xxx

GirlAnachronism
At the moment he is a PCSO

inimalist
lol

well, you might not like the police, but this is what they are here for

if a guy is making threats or acting threatening toward you, I suggest a) call the police and get a restraining order, b) carry a weapon (id suggest bear mace).

Tell your friend that too.

grey fox
I agree with inamilist, carry mace. Nothing else though. Knives and/or guns raise the stakes.

inimalist
and, depending on where you are, you can get in a lot of trouble for carrying a gun or knife, even in self defense.

GirlAnachronism
Originally posted by inimalist
lol

b) carry a weapon (id suggest bear mace) lol

inimalist
Originally posted by GirlAnachronism
lol

ya, because you will be laughing when that guy goes nuts and does something terrible

ask a police officer how seriously they take men threatening women

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Sorry this is an issue thats been on my mind recently, and i think i need help from those who don't know me, lol. I was wondering if it is wrong to distroy someones dreams of their future coreer, if they have emotionaly scared your best friend for life?
If you have to ask if it's wrong, the answer is probably "yes."

Neo Darkhalen
He is my X and also her brother, about her all i can say is that its something to do when she was younger and to her little sister to. She won't even tell me what it is, but i've seen his face every time she threatons to mensioon it to anyone.
whilst i was going out with him he was extreamly violent towards me, and something happened which i don't even care to mension on here. I have never been very fond of the police so did not want to go to them. Anyways it doesn't matter what happened to me, i just care for my friend. Recently he keeps turning up when i'm with my friends makeing threats. He is slowly diostroying my friends homelife, she doesn't live with her dad but thanks to him her dad won't even speak 2 her. I thought that maybe if i went to the police it would stop him from becomeing a police officer and give him the wakeup call he needs. People like him are who the police are there to protect us from, not recrute them, arn't they? xxx

Yes, he must face what he is doing, he has done something wrong, now imagine if he becomes a Police officer, not only will he have his usual violent self, he will also have the power of the law with him as well, go to them and report him.

tabby999
You want the problem solved but don't want to go to the police because you've "never been fond of them"? Its obviously not a serious problem or your handicapped.

Devil King
how needlessly dramatic.

Tempe Brennan
Originally posted by tabby999
You want the problem solved but don't want to go to the police because you've "never been fond of them"? Its obviously not a serious problem or your handicapped.

My thoughts exactly

Lara
tbvh unless you've got some hard evidence to back up your accusations thats all the police will see them as, accusations.
you need to keep a log, dates, times, places, witnesses. i dont really agree with the mace thing but a personal alarm wouldnt do any harm and those things are so loud you can hear them two miles away.
Also go to more public places where there are alot of ppl around this was he has little chance of not being noticed if he's behaving in a menacing manner.
I do suggest you tell and adult, some one you trust.

btw you also need reasonable evidence for a restraining order.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by inimalist
How would you destroy someone's dreams of a career? Well if they wanted to become a Vestal Virgin... shock

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Originally posted by Devil King
how needlessly dramatic.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by grey fox
I agree with inamilist, carry mace. Nothing else though. Knives and/or guns raise the stakes.

Yeah a club is fine but when we start getting into sharp or pointy objects suddenly it's all "how did you get into my house?" and "please, think of my children"

chillmeistergen
It wouldn't stop him becoming a police officer at all, you'd just look like some mental with a vendetta.

Quark_666

The unusual thing about your particular situation is that destroying the dreams of this particular somebody is linked to protecting the "best friend" you speak of. I would generally say no, it's not okay, or even possible. This scenario is an exception though.

Bardiel13
I think Jesus had a quote for this.
"My son... I'm not touching that one with a ten foot pole."
Granted, it was from an episode of South Park.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.