Haruhi Suzumiya

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black Adam
how many of you have watched the show?
how many of you have read the novels?

who's looking forward to the new season?

Symmetric Chaos
Watched the show.
Read most of the books. Got my mother to read the first book.

My only apprehension about a new season is that it's quite a legacy to live up to.

DOYLEZOMBIE
do you mean The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya????

Black Adam
Originally posted by DOYLEZOMBIE
do you mean The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya????

I wanted to cover the entire series. That's only the name of the first novel and I don't know whether the second season is still using the Melancholy title (I doubt it)

grey fox
A seriesabout a busty schoolgirl whose apparently god.

The japanese have a REALLY frikken weird imagination.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by grey fox
A seriesabout a busty schoolgirl whose apparently god.

The japanese have a REALLY frikken weird imagination.

I've never understood why people latch onto the explanation that comes from the guy who does almost nothing but mislead people.

HittakiMikaichi
about the 2nd season, I heard that the 2nd season will be change with new anime but suzumiya haruhi to be the main character of that new anime...

is that true?

Yoshi Paradise
Originally posted by Black Adam
how many of you have watched the show?
how many of you have read the novels?

who's looking forward to the new season?

Although I didn't read the novels, I love the anime. big grin

I can't wait for the second season.

Peach
I've just started watching the anime, it's great.

Yoshi Paradise
It sure is.

My favorite character so far is Yuki Nagato.

StyleTime
Stemmed from this. Decided to move the conversation here. Hopefully, will get Haruhi fans into the thread. I was going to revive Sym's thread, but felt this was more fitting as an all purpose thread.
Originally posted by StyleTime
Alright, you be Itsuki and I'll be Kyon. We need 2 more members and a god like entity to start a brigade......X, you in?

Originally posted by Creshosk
Are you sure you want to be the focus of the Haruhi's attention? I mean yeah, I'm the passive one, but still.

Half backwards limbo running mario. The hacking devices are not always for cheating and making the game easier.

I wonder where symmetric chaos went?

As long as you don't stop me from slapping the shit out of her this time, it'd be worth it.

I used that smiley because I am failry(get it? failry) ignorant on homing modes. Cheating doesn't bother me unless I lose because of it.

He betrayed us and ventured into the Outer Realm(GDF).
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Seems like a logical train of thought.
laughing out loud

amnesia
I like Yuki

StyleTime
Yuki is certainly coolznite.

Creshosk
Stemmed from this. Decided to move the conversation here. Hopefully, will get Haruhi fans into the thread. I was going to revive Sym's thread, but felt this was more fitting as an all purpose thread.

As long as you don't stop me from slapping the shit out of her this time, it'd be worth it.

I used that smiley because I am failry(get it? failry) ignorant on homing modes. Cheating doesn't bother me unless I lose because of it.

He betrayed us and ventured into the Outer Realm(GDF).

laughing out loud I'm not sure if slapping the shit out of her is a good idea. Stopping her from doing things like the computer club stuff is one thing, but pulling a "Did you just punch out cthulu?" Might have disastrous consequenses. Kyon was able to stop her from molesting Mikuru without resorting to violence.

Ah, I'm fairly good at it myself.

That magnificent bastard. durfist

JuliaKhanam
The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya /Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu.
It's a very nice anime show! and the second season will be aired i think in july=D I'm a huge fan of it and I love Haruhi and Yuki!

Creshosk
Originally posted by JuliaKhanam
The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya /Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu.
It's a very nice anime show! and the second season will be aired i think in july=D I'm a huge fan of it and I love Haruhi and Yuki! Those are my two favorite characters as well.

Symmetric Chaos
Ah, this thread.

So... Endless Eight. Yeah. Huh. I actually think it was a clever idea to spread the timeloop across multiple episodes. They took it way too far, like crazy far. If you watch them back to back it's longer than Groundhog Day and the plot never moves forward.

I mean one of the things I enjoyed about the first series was that each episode could just about have come from a different show. The characters are tossed into very different sorts of experiences, so we got to see different sides of the personalities and see them develop over time.

I don't even remember what the other episodes were about in the second season anymore!

Creshosk
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Ah, this thread.

So... Endless Eight. Yeah. Huh. I actually think it was a clever idea to spread the timeloop across multiple episodes. They took it way too far, like crazy far. If you watch them back to back it's longer than Groundhog Day and the plot never moves forward.

I mean one of the things I enjoyed about the first series was that each episode could just about have come from a different show. The characters are tossed into very different sorts of experiences, so we got to see different sides of the personalities and see them develop over time.

I don't even remember what the other episodes were about in the second season anymore! The making of the adventures of mikuru asahina and mikuru and Kyon travel into the past to set up the John Smith encounter that becomes key.

The john smith episode was 1 episode.
Endless 8 was eight
and the sigh of haruhi suzumiya was 5 episodes

14 episodes in all.

got far less accomplished than the original 14 episodes.

So sym, you wanna join the brigade?

RE: Blaxican
Wouldn't mind the show but I hate the character that the show is named after.

Creshosk
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Wouldn't mind the show but I hate the character that the show is named after. hmph

It kind of bugs me that people idolize characters who are smartass selfish brats. Dunno, maybe I'm just old fashioned.

Creshosk
It kind of bugs me that people idolize characters who are smartass selfish brats. Dunno, maybe I'm just old fashioned. It bugs me when people hate fictional characters that have like 0 impact on their lives.

Some people even hate to the point of wishing grave harm and death on said fictional character.

Edit: Also note that the smilie I used is "Hmph" For me this is

StyleTime
I'm not sure if slapping the shit out of her is a good idea. Stopping her from doing things like the computer club stuff is one thing, but pulling a "Did you just punch out cthulu?" Might have disastrous consequenses. Kyon was able to stop her from molesting Mikuru without resorting to violence.

You and your tv tropes. You really do remind me of Itsuki sometimes though. You're not telling me what to do as much as you are making me aware of the potential consequences.

I still think it'd be worth it though. To be honest, I'd slap her in hopes that she'd retaliate. I'd shoulder throw her, go into scarf control, and choke her. I'd use a side choke because it leaves her head next to mine; in that position, I could hear her breathing slow and any last moans of panic/fear before she fades into the darkness. It would be glorious.

Then I'd beg and plead to have her brought back.
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Ah, this thread.

I don't even remember what the other episodes were about in the second season anymore!
Ha! You got my message.
Wouldn't mind the show but I hate the character that the show is named after.
Quite a few fans of the show don't particularly care for her.

I stated it before, but I actually like her within the context of the show; however, I would probably not associate with a girl like that in real life. I definitely agree with you there.

Everyone else is cool though.

Creshosk
You and your tv tropes. You really do remind me of Itsuki sometimes though. You're not telling me what to do as much as you are making me aware of the consquences.

I still think it'd be worth it though. To be honest, I'd slap her in hopes that she'd retaliate. I'd shoulder throw her, go into scarf control, and choke her. I'd use a side choke because it leaves her head next to mine; in that position, I could hear her breathing slow and any last moans of panic/fear before she fades into the darkness. It would be glorious.

Then I'd beg and plead to have her brought back. At least it wouldn't be haruhi-chan suzumiya incarnation. If i were allowed to remember you I'm sure I'd miss you.

Though I do think that that would be a bit drastic of a move personally, and a touch unnecessary. I certainly can't think of an instance where she deserved she harsh treatment, though the slap might have done her some good with the computer club instance as well as some of her treatment of Mikuru.

Though when you do get her full attention she actually does listen. She did after all listen to Kyon's full disclosure about the three other brigade members before snapping at him. Which honestly was an understandable reaction, given that she perceived it to be teasing her with one of the things she wanted most in the world. and Kyon was likewise skeptical until he had proof of the other's claims.

And she did stop with the first molestation when Kyon pulled her off of Mikuru. And she did listen to him when he pointed out that they were still in class, even if she was excited about forming the S.O.S. brigade.

Personally I appreciate you saying you'd want her back, even if it was simply to save yourself from just having taken someones life. The end result would be the same regardless of the reason.

Ha! You got my message.

Actually, quite a few fans of the show don't particularly care for her.

I stated it before, but I actually like her within the context of the show; however, I would probably not associate with a girl like that in real life. I definitely agree with you there.

Everyone else is cool though. I did asssociate with a girl like her, even dated one and lived with her for a time. To me I find the confidence attractive. Selfish or not.

Everyone is selfish to a degree, she's just a bit more honest about it.

And that honesty is certainly refreshing given how many girls out there never make it clear what they want. Or say they want something and then when given it turns out to be false.

With her you know what to expect. Unlike others in the series that have a false face. including Ryoko Asakura. She unnerves me.

dadudemon
CRESHOSK!

Where you been, man?

I notice that you've been back a few days, now.

It bugs me when people hate fictional characters that have like 0 impact on their lives.

Some people even hate to the point of wishing grave harm and death on said fictional character.

Edit: Also note that the smilie I used is "Hmph" For me this is

That's cause you're dumb. Yeah, I went there. I took it to that level. Whatchu gonna do?! Huh?!

Originally posted by dadudemon
CRESHOSK!

Where you been, man?

I notice that you've been back a few days, now.

He's been back for a couple weeks. Mostly been hiding out in the comic book off-topc thread exposing Chomper and Masterbruce's idiocy.

Creshosk
That's cause you're dumb. Yeah, I went there. I took it to that level. Whatchu gonna do?! Huh?!First off I'd have to disagree with you. A positive emotional attatchment to a character means that the one forming the emotional attatchment is more inclined to purchase merchandise relating to said character, regardless of who the character is. This means that there will be jobs needed for people to sell said mechandise, and of course for the people who make said merchandise and the people who make the components and tools required to make said merchandise. All these people performing these jobs will be paid so that they themselves can go out and buy food and provide for those that they need to.

A negative emotional attatchment to a character serves no purpose but to induce negative emotions and stress, which can in turn reduce the quality of health of the person forming the emotional attachment and ultimatly potentially reduceing the longevity of the person.

So positive emotional attatchments serve to enhance life.
And negative emotional attatchments serve to detract from it.

StyleTime
At least it wouldn't be haruhi-chan suzumiya incarnation. If i were allowed to remember you I'm sure I'd miss you.

Though I do think that that would be a bit drastic of a move personally, and a touch unnecessary. I certainly can't think of an instance where she deserved she harsh treatment, though the slap might have done her some good with the computer club instance as well as some of her treatment of Mikuru.

Though when you do get her full attention she actually does listen. She did after all listen to Kyon's full disclosure about the three other brigade members before snapping at him. Which honestly was an understandable reaction, given that she perceived it to be teasing her with one of the things she wanted most in the world. and Kyon was likewise skeptical until he had proof of the other's claims.

And she did stop with the first molestation when Kyon pulled her off of Mikuru. And she did listen to him when he pointed out that they were still in class, even if she was excited about forming the S.O.S. brigade.

Personally I appreciate you saying you'd want her back, even if it was simply to save yourself from just having taken someones life. The end result would be the same regardless of the reason.

I did asssociate with a girl like her, even dated one and lived with her for a time. To me I find the confidence attractive. Selfish or not.

Everyone is selfish to a degree, she's just a bit more honest about it.

And that honesty is certainly refreshing given how many girls out there never make it clear what they want. Or say they want something and then when given it turns out to be false.

With her you know what to expect. Unlike others in the series that have a false face. including Ryoko Asakura. She unnerves me.
Aww, I'd miss you too. embarrasment

Truthfully, I said most of that in jest. Certain traits of Haruhi are offputting, but I doubt I'd react to any more of an extreme than Kyon; I simply don't have it in me to kill someone, barring some extreme circumstances. I spar and stuff, but that is the end point of my relationship with violence. I am actually pretty easygoing and will go to great lengths to avoid conflict.

I've never dated "a Haruhi", but I doubt I ever would. I knew a similarly tempered girl, and meh. Even the most despicable of us have redeeming qualities, but a general disregard for the feelings of others is not attractive to me. Also, Haruhi is a bit annoying when she talks.

Strangely enough, Asakura is one of my favorites.
What if you hate a character so much, you buy all the products hoping to see something bad happen to him/her?

biscuits

First off I'd have to disagree with you. A positive emotional attatchment to a character means that the one forming the emotional attatchment is more inclined to purchase merchandise relating to said character, regardless of who the character is. This means that there will be jobs needed for people to sell said mechandise, and of course for the people who make said merchandise and the people who make the components and tools required to make said merchandise. All these people performing these jobs will be paid so that they themselves can go out and buy food and provide for those that they need to.

A negative emotional attatchment to a character serves no purpose but to induce negative emotions and stress, which can in turn reduce the quality of health of the person forming the emotional attachment and ultimatly potentially reduceing the longevity of the person.

So's your face.

Creshosk
Aww, I'd miss you too. embarrasment

Truthfully, I said most of that in jest. Certain traits of Haruhi are offputting, but I doubt I'd react to any more of an extreme than Kyon; I simply don't have it in me to kill someone, barring some extreme circumstances. I spar and stuff, but that is the end point of my relationship with violence. I am actually pretty easygoing and will go to great lengths to avoid conflict.

I've never dated "a Haruhi", but I doubt I ever would. I knew a similarly tempered girl, and meh. Even the most despicable of us have redeeming qualities, but a general disregard for the feelings of others is not attractive to me. Also, Haruhi is a bit annoying when she talks.

Strangely enough, Asakura is one of my favorites.

Selfish girl who wants to improve the lives of others = bad
Homicidal psychopath = good

That's an interesting take on things.

Actually the person I dated was worse than haruhi in a way. Not only were they selfish, they were self-centered. They constantly needed to be praised. Haruhi at least has the confidence to not need that.

What if you hate a character so much, you buy all the products hoping to see something bad happen to him/her?

biscuits By purchasing the merchandise you kind of ensure the opposite of what you want. People tend to shy away from killing off their cash cows ... unless they're Marvel or DC of course.

Look at Bioware for example. They originally intended to kill off fan favorite Imoen, due to an outcry of fans Imoen got to live. Except in the horrible horrible novelization.

Supporting a character through purchasing their goods tells the business folk to keep the charaqcter around so they can keep capitalizing on the character.

And yes, in the spinoff of Haruhi that focuses on Yuki, fan favorite Ryoko Asakura appears in it.

I accept your concession Cresh.

I hope you know that I've been pulling your leg this whole time?

Creshosk

I hope you know that I've been pulling your leg this whole time? So do you want the raisinettes or the cotton candy?

StyleTime
Selfish girl who wants to improve the lives of others = bad
Homicidal psychopath = good

That's an interesting take on things.

Actually the person I dated was worse than haruhi in a way. Not only were they selfish, they were self-centered. They constantly needed to be praised. Haruhi at least has the confidence to not need that.

By purchasing the merchandise you kind of ensure the opposite of what you want. People tend to shy away from killing off their cash cows ... unless they're Marvel or DC of course.

Look at Bioware for example. They originally intended to kill off fan favorite Imoen, due to an outcry of fans Imoen got to live. Except in the horrible horrible novelization.

Supporting a character through purchasing their goods tells the business folk to keep the charaqcter around so they can keep capitalizing on the character.

And yes, in the spinoff of Haruhi that focuses on Yuki, fan favorite Ryoko Asakura appears in it.
I knew you'd say something similar to that. Honestly, I never applied Asakura's personality in any real life context. I just find Asakura very interesting to observe on the show. It's a similar outlook to the one I have on Haruhi. Obviously, I'd avoid girls who want to stab me. I'm not into that. uhuh

She may not need praise, but Haruhi's Tanabata wish was to "have the world revolve around her." I think she is at least a little self-centered.

I didn't say it was a logical thing to do, but it would still have the positive consequences you mentioned. Granted, I was joking a little bit.

I hope you know that I've been pulling your leg this whole time?
So you're going to buy every episode and light novel so you can join us? big grin

StyleTime
As a side note, I sincerely hope the discourse between Cresh and myself isn't discouraging others from entering.

I wish I could add to the Endless Eight criticism, but I haven't yet watched all of the Season 2. I much prefer the English dub of this series and was waiting to buy the boxset. Unfortunately, you all made me impatient. I've been watching some more of the subs.

To stimulate some other discussion, I ask this question.

After Yuki freezes Kyon and Mikuru in time, wouldn't the "future" SOS Brigade be absent 2 members?

Are we supposed to use spoilers in here?

Creshosk
I knew you'd say something similar to that. Honestly, I never applied Asakura's personality in any real life context. I just find Asakura very interesting to observe on the show. It's a similar outlook to the one I have on Haruhi. Obviously, I'd avoid girls who want to stab me. I'm not into that. uhuh It's normal for a guy to want to do a stabbing of a different sort though.

If it wasn't for the stabbing thing I'd be fine with the character. There's a rather cute picture of her as the headliner image for cat girl on TV Tropes.

But with the "I'm going to kill you now, Essentially because I'm bored." Makes her an uncanny valley girl. While I'm a happy resident of the valley most of the other residents are at least predictable.

Haruhi gets bored and a baseball game breaks out. Ryoko gets bored then you nearly die and Yuki gets impaled.

She may not need praise, but Haruhi's Tanabata wish was to "have the world revolve around her." I think she is at least a little self-centered. different kind though. Megalomaniacal =/= low self confidence and needing to be reassured. I don't mind the low self confidence and needing to be reassured in characters that aren't selfish though.

But Haruhi has an over abundance of self-confidence which is a somewhat comforting quality to me.
I didn't say it was a logical thing to do, but it would still have the positive consequences you mentioned. Granted, I was joking a little bit. It would, but it'd be counter productive to the desires of the hater.

So you're going to buy every episode and light novel so you can join us? big grin Yeah he doesn't have to like Haruhi, given the concept of the show she's actually given very little screen time for a title character. Most of the hijinks and the like occurs when Haruhi isn't around.

As a side note, I sincerely hope the discourse between Cresh and myself isn't discouraging others from entering.

I wish I could add to the Endless Eight criticism, but I haven't yet watched all of the Season 2. I much prefer the English dub of this series and was waiting to buy the boxset. Unfortunately, you all made me impatient. I've been watching some more of the subs.

To stimulate some other discussion, I ask this question.

After Yuki freezes Kyon and Mikuru in time, wouldn't the "future" SOS Brigade be absent 2 members?

Are we supposed to use spoilers in here? I don't see why they would.

they went back in time and were put into a temporal stasis for the years it took for them to catch up to the present. then when released from the temporal stasis they were at about the same time as when they went to the past. Itsuki and Haruhi would never have noticed they were gone.

Might be good just in case.

So do you want the raisinettes or the cotton candy?

Sir, a-are you trying to seduce me?

So you're going to buy every episode and light novel so you can join us? big grin

No no you don't understand, I won the battle of wits against him! Ignore the small font, it's the default font that matters!

amnesia
It kind of bugs me that people idolize characters who are smartass selfish brats. Dunno, maybe I'm just old fashioned.

IMO Haruhi isn't the best character in the show.

Creshosk
Sir, a-are you trying to seduce me? You said you accepted my consession and those are the only two consessions I have for you.

No no you don't understand, I won the battle of wits against him! Ignore the small font, it's the default font that matters! You remind me of bowler hat guy.
Originally posted by amnesia
IMO Haruhi isn't the best character in the show. Yuki's pretty awesome.

amnesia
actually, my favorite Haruhi character is Kyon. Pretty relate able character smile

StyleTime
It's normal for a guy to want to do a stabbing of a different sort though.

Haruhi gets bored and a baseball game breaks out. Ryoko gets bored then you nearly die and Yuki gets impaled.

different kind though. Megalomaniacal =/= low self confidence and needing to be reassured. I don't mind the low self confidence and needing to be reassured in characters that aren't selfish though.

Yeah he doesn't have to like Haruhi, given the concept of the show she's actually given very little screen time for a title character. Most of the hijinks and the like occurs when Haruhi isn't around.

I don't see why they would.

they went back in time and were put into a temporal stasis for the years it took for them to catch up to the present. then when released from the temporal stasis they were at about the same time as when they went to the past. Itsuki and Haruhi would never have noticed they were gone.

No doubt. Take away the stabbity stab part, and I'd be all over Asakura.

It's just the way she expresses her love for Yuki.

I take it you like Mikuru?

Yep.

I'm moreso speculating why noone else showed. I know we have more Haruhi fans here.

She only froze time around Kyon and Mikuru though. Wouldn't the Haruhi and Itsuki from the beginning of the show be on another time plane?
No no you don't understand, I won the battle of wits against him! Ignore the small font, it's the default font that matters!
Lmao.
Yuki's pretty awesome.
Remember when Haruhi pulled Yuki into the pool? Yuki just sat in her float and spun around aimlessly. I thought that was "cute." I'd really like to know what she's thinking when this stuff occurs. Did she enjoy that?
Originally posted by amnesia
actually, my favorite Haruhi character is Kyon. Pretty relate able character smile
Originally, I was an avid fan of Itsuki actually. Some people think he's bland, but I found him quite captivating(no homo). I also agree with a lot of his logic.

More recently, I've gravitated to Kyon(again, no homo) though. I find myself thinking some of the exact same things he does.

Creshosk
No doubt. Take away the stabbity stab part, and I'd be all over Asakura.

It's just the way she expresses her love for Yuki.Nothing says love like penetration between two girls...

You know what? that conversation is going to go in a totally wrong direction.

I take it you like Mikuru? I like all of the brigade members.

Yep.

I'm moreso speculating why noone else showed. I know we have more Haruhi fans here.

She only froze time around Kyon and Mikuru though. Wouldn't the Haruhi and Itsuki from the beginning of the show be on another time plane? By the time they noticed Mikuru and Kyon would have caught up with the time plane they were on. Think of it like something trapped in a bubble under water. The space around the object is preserved, so it remains dry(uneffected by the passage of time on the time plane they'd gone to) until it reaches the surface and the time plane was rejoined.

In this case it was more of a temporal or chrono bubble.

Lmao.

Remember when Haruhi pulled Yuki into the pool? Yuki just sat in her float and spun around aimlessly. I thought that was "cute." I'd really like to know what she's thinking when this stuff occurs. Did she enjoy that?It's part of the mystery of Yuki that adds to her appeal.

Originally, I was an avid fan of Itsuki actually. Some people think he's bland, but I found him quite captivating. (no homo) I also agree with a lot of his logic.People who say he's bland just can't deal with his pure charisma.

More recently, I've started liking Kyon though. I find myself thinking some of the exact same things he does. He's a ponytail guy, and that's enough for me.

StyleTime
Nothing says love like penetration between two girls...

You know what? that conversation is going to go in a totally wrong direction.
peaches
By the time they noticed Mikuru and Kyon would have caught up with the time plane they were on. Think of it like something trapped in a bubble under water. The space around the object is preserved, so it remains dry(uneffected by the passage of time on the time plane they'd gone to) until it reaches the surface and the time plane was rejoined.

In this case it was more of a temporal or chrono bubble.

It's part of the mystery of Yuki that adds to her appeal.

People who say he's bland just can't deal with his pure charisma.

He's a ponytail guy, and that's enough for me.
Well sir, I fee like a dur right now. Mikuru/Kyon "A" left the time plane of Haruhi/Itsuki "A". Yuki "B" freezes Mikuru/Kyon "A" in time. When the three years is up, wouldn't Mikuru/Kyon "A" join up with Haruhi/Itsuki "B"? Haruhi/Itsuki "A" would be three years older wouldn't they? I am probably missing something though.

Yeah. Her interest in the alien mask at the festival was charming as well.

I've heard some people complain about his speeches too.

Well, she does look good that way.

Creshosk
peaches

Well sir, I fee like a dur right now. Mikuru/Kyon "A" left the time plane of Haruhi/Itsuki "A". Yuki "B" freezes Mikuru/Kyon "A" in time. When the three years is up, wouldn't Mikuru/Kyon "A" join up with Haruhi/Itsuki "B"? Haruhi/Itsuki "A" would be three years older wouldn't they? I am probably missing something though. Haruhi's universe is more of a Bill and Ted, destiny/fate exists kind of universe rather than a back to the future sort of universe. The only Yuki B is from the spinoff that stars her, otherwise with all the timeloops, and reality warps its always yuki A. During the first season when kyon talks to yuki for his first time he's also in the other room asleep with mikuru.

a "Everything is predetermined" temporal mechnic is harder to acheive, but much more satisfying/impressive story wise.

We don't visit timeplane B until the dissapearence of haruhi suzumiya, but that is still yuki A.

The reason that Haruhi went ot the high school she did was because of the time traveling into the past. It was already destin ed to occur. IT's also why Haruhi starts talking to kyon and asks him if they've met before(they had for her, but not for him)

This was an important episode because it establishes a vital key of "john Smith" that kyon uses to threaten the data overmind. By having something to prove to haruhi his claims about her being what she is.

So things in the timeplane "A" were set up by Kyon's jump to the past Indicating that its the same haruhi that encoutered him in her past.

Yeah. Her interest in the alien mask at the festival was charming as well. that it was. Plus there was the indication in the change of her appearence due to kyon's comment about "not being into glasses". Of course that whole thing accumulates in the movie.

I've heard some people complain about his speeches too. the content or the presentation?

That she does. I'm a ponytail guy myself.

StyleTime
Oh wow. I actually forgot about this thread.
Haruhi's universe is more of a Bill and Ted, destiny/fate exists kind of universe rather than a back to the future sort of universe. The only Yuki B is from the spinoff that stars her, otherwise with all the timeloops, and reality warps its always yuki A. During the first season when kyon talks to yuki for his first time he's also in the other room asleep with mikuru.

a "Everything is predetermined" temporal mechnic is harder to acheive, but much more satisfying/impressive story wise.

We don't visit timeplane B until the dissapearence of haruhi suzumiya, but that is still yuki A.

The reason that Haruhi went ot the high school she did was because of the time traveling into the past. It was already destin ed to occur. IT's also why Haruhi starts talking to kyon and asks him if they've met before(they had for her, but not for him)

This was an important episode because it establishes a vital key of "john Smith" that kyon uses to threaten the data overmind. By having something to prove to haruhi his claims about her being what she is.

So things in the timeplane "A" were set up by Kyon's jump to the past Indicating that its the same haruhi that encoutered him in her past.

that it was. Plus there was the indication in the change of her appearence due to kyon's comment about "not being into glasses". Of course that whole thing accumulates in the movie.

the content or the presentation?

To be honest, that is near what I figured the explanation is. I tried to squish the show's interpretation of time into my own mold when the series isn't obligated to conform to my views. That lead to my question.

I haven't watched the movie. I await the dub, but it seems like that will take a while; I may watch it sooner. The promotional poster looks badass, for lack of a better word.

I've heard both, but most complaints were on the presentation. His "lecture-like" method turns some people away.

amnesia
where is Cresh? Also, hey style.

StyleTime
Hey amnesia. He probably "stepped out" due to the lack of activity. lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.