National ID + MicroChip - If We Fall For This We're Screwed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NuclearWinter
The Real ID Act, passed by Congress and signed by President Bush on May 11, 2005, mandates that all U.S. citizens will receive a National ID card.

Without this National ID, you won't...

Drive your car
Board a plane, train, or bus
Enter any federal building
Open a bank account
Hold a job

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XObbEwI6P4

NuclearWinter
There has been a bill passed by our goverment that will force us into getting yet another form of national idetification. This card, labled "REAL ID", will be a requirement from our government to obtain jobs, use national transportation (airplanes, trains, etc...), and eventually in order to buy things.

Real ID is a card that transmits a signal to surrounding machinery providing personal information and documentation to whoever obtains control of these set scanners.

We the People do have the power to still prevent this from happening. By voicing your opinion to your state's senators through mail, email, phone calls, protesting; we can block our states from participating in vanquishing our freedom.

Again, this card and the bill for it has been passed by The House, The Senate, and The President. However each state has the right to not participate, as shown already by New Hampshire. If you do NOT want to participate in giving away your freedom, please advise your state representative and vote accordingly.

NuclearWinter
The corrupt section of our Government is going to combine all of this information into GIG (Global Information Grid) a tracking/information unit that is the next stage of Digital Angel.

Digital Angel Corporation develops advanced RFID and GPS technologies that enable rapid and accurate identification, location tracking, and condition monitoring of high-value assets. Applications for our products include identification and monitoring of pets, humans, fish and livestock through our patented implantable microchips as well as message monitoring of aircraft in remote locations through integrated GPS and geosynchronous satellite communications systems.

http://www.digitalangelcorp.com/ <--- Digital Angel's website.

NuclearWinter
Digital Angel Corporation develops advanced RFID and GPS technologies that enable rapid and accurate identification, location tracking, and condition monitoring of high-value assets

Since when did Human Beings become "High-Value Assets" for corporations?

I have never thought of myself as a high-value asset for a corporation. I've thought of myself as a piece of the Creator. Maybe thats just me though.

So folks, how is it going to feel to be monitored by a corporation that considers you to be a "High-Value-Asset" when you owe no allegiance what-so-ever to it?

NuclearWinter
What is referred to as a "smart card" is the method by which these cards will operate.

They will contain the inclusion of RFID technology which will mean a tiny microchip implanted in their make up which will contain pertinent data on each cardholder respectively.

The data will be available to such machines as Card readers that will transmit a signal that the card will answer with a download to the reader of the contents of the cards chip.

This information will consist of medical records, and personall data like previous convictions, be they federal or state, perhaps a military record of service, and a link to the big computer data bases which hold other info such as financial, political, personal, and other data deemed appropriate for collection and storage of every ones personal lives....

Money and hardware has been allocated to this intelligence project in the past, but it was disassembled into chunks by congress, though they did not stop its separate entities from completion.

The re-combination of these elements will be swift and the original intentions of it met with the issuance of these national IDs.

The data base already exists!

The cards will also act as a survielance tool of unerring accuracy that will be employed against every american and foriegn resident.

All movement within the country and outside it will be monitored through large computing capacity,and the card will be required for so many things as to give a very detailed description of movements and whereabouts, as well as financial and other information that will make our lives transparant to analysis and subject to review and question with very little personal freedom or privacy allowed to exist.

NuclearWinter
The ID card is only the first step of the process.

The second step is Human Microchip Implants.

The REAL ID act will be too easily counterfeited by illegals and criminals. It will be this way by design.

After the REAL ID act is shown to be obsolete, the implants will be introduced.

It's all part of the plan folks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpJDMpTFtcw&mode=related&search=

NuclearWinter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82L3qU33CwY&mode=related&search=

On June 6, 2006, 6-6-6, George Bush announces the REAL ID System.

NuclearWinter
Aaron Russo had a lot to say about this

This video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVEPlxwlzCE has quite a bit about a pre-9/11 conversation with Nicholas Rockefeller. It goes into the the RFID system. This one is the longer version from a documentary called Zeitgeist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PpMdTmVMpo

NuclearWinter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuBo4E77ZXo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydNsSo1LZ4o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClxR-8VLxD8

Mark Question
And to make matters worse they insert it in the rectum. Just say no... Let the airlines go bankrupt.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by NuclearWinter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82L3qU33CwY&mode=related&search=

On June 6, 2006, 6-6-6, George Bush announces the REAL ID System.

Why would "The Elite" use such an obvious date to do this?

Furion
I live in Canada, So no microchip for me.

Mr Parker
the good news Winter is I think there is enough opposition to it that it wont get passed.I know for a fact that 31 states oppose it from going to these monthly meetings for concerned citizens I go to in my area.and there are prominent people out there petitioning against it so I have a good feeling we will be able to stop it.

Mr. Slippyfist

Heh.

General Zink
I think every time NuclearWinter makes more than two posts in a row, his threads should be closed.

NuclearWinter
Originally posted by General Zink
I think every time NuclearWinter makes more than two posts in a row, his threads should be closed.

I think you should worry about your own threads.

NuclearWinter
Originally posted by Mr Parker
the good news Winter is I think there is enough opposition to it that it wont get passed.I know for a fact that 31 states oppose it from going to these monthly meetings for concerned citizens I go to in my area.and there are prominent people out there petitioning against it so I have a good feeling we will be able to stop it.

Good point Mr. Parker.

There is alot of opposition. I am at the point of praying that it doesn't happen though bro. I guarantee you if it does it will be the beginning of the end of our freedom in America.

NuclearWinter
Originally posted by Furion

If I was you, I would keep an eye on the North American Union then, because if that comes into reality, Canada's citizens will be carded and chipped as well.

Keep a close eye on it Furion, that's what you Canadians should be protesting against. Amero? I don't think so. Amero = the end of Canada, Mexico, and the United States as we once knew them.

NuclearWinter
RFID chips, tiny tracking devices the size of a grain of dust, can be used to secretly identify you and the things you're carrying--right through your clothes, wallet, backpack, or purse.

Have you already taken one home with you?

A new consumer goods tracking system called Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) is poised to enter all of our lives, with profound implications for consumer privacy. RFID couples radio frequency (RF) identification technology with highly miniaturized computers that enable products to be identified and tracked at any point along the supply chain.

The system could be applied to almost any physical item, from ballpoint pens to toothpaste, which would carry their own unique information in the form of an embedded chip. The chip sends out an identification signal allowing it to communicate with reader devices and other products embedded with similar chips.

Analysts envision a time when the system will be used to identify and track every item produced on the planet.

NuclearWinter
RFID employs a numbering scheme called EPC (for "electronic product code"wink which can provide a unique ID for any physical object in the world. The EPC is intended to replace the UPC bar code used on products today.

Unlike the bar code, however, the EPC goes beyond identifying product categories--it actually assigns a unique number to every single item that rolls off a manufacturing line. For example, each pack of cigarettes, individual can of soda, light bulb or package of razor blades produced would be uniquely identifiable through its own EPC number.

Once assigned, this number is transmitted by a radio frequency ID tag (RFID) in or on the product. These tiny tags, predicted by some to cost less than 1 cent each, are "somewhere between the size of a grain of sand and a speck of dust." They are to be built directly into food, clothes, drugs, or auto-parts during the manufacturing process.

Receiver or reader devices are used to pick up the signal transmitted by the RFID tag. Proponents envision a pervasive global network of millions of receivers along the entire supply chain -- in airports, seaports, highways, distribution centers, warehouses, retail stores, and in the home. This would allow for seamless, continuous identification and tracking of physical items as they move from one place to another, enabling companies to determine the whereabouts of all their products at all times.

NuclearWinter
Steven Van Fleet, an executive at International Paper, looks forward to the prospect. "We'll put a radio frequency ID tag on everything that moves in the North American supply chain," he enthused recently.

The ultimate goal is for RFID to create a "physically linked world" in which every item on the planet is numbered, identified, catalogued, and tracked. And the technology exists to make this a reality. Described as "a political rather than a technological problem," creating a global system "would . . . involve negotiation between, and consensus among, different countries." Supporters are aiming for worldwide acceptance of the technologies needed to build the infrastructure within the next few years.

KharmaDog
Keep a close eye on it Furion, that's what you Canadians should be protesting against. Amero? I don't think so. Amero = the end of Canada, Mexico, and the United States as we once knew them.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/amero.asp

Once again, poor to no research done here by another regular of the conspiracy forum elite.

Furion
If I was you, I would keep an eye on the North American Union then, because if that comes into reality, Canada's citizens will be carded and chipped as well.

Then off to the desert island I go.

NuclearWinter
Originally posted by KharmaDog
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/amero.asp

Once again, poor to no research done here by another regular of the conspiracy forum elite.

Don't jump the gun there Kharma, I never said the Amero was actually in place just yet. Is it in the works? I believe so. As do many others. Are there plans for a North American Union with a single curreny? Absolutely. Can it be 100% proved as of yet? No.....but give it time.

It is impossible to have a One World Government with almost total control over lives of the poplulation of the World without first controlling the World's monetary system and uniting the currency of the World. The people in power know this. Therefore it is almost inevitable that they will attempt to do this.

Does that mean that the final name of the North American Currency will be called the Amero? Of course not. But who cares what it's called. It's just the first step before they would try to combine all the World's currency into one. Which would mean that they would have achieved their goal of total slavery under the command of a few.

NuclearWinter
Though many RFID proponents appear focused on inventory and supply chain efficiency, others are developing financial and consumer applications that, if adopted, will have chilling effects on consumers' ability to escape the oppressive surveillance of manufacturers, retailers, and marketers. Of course, government and law enforcement will be quick to use the technology to keep tabs on citizens, as well.

The European Central Bank has been quietly working to embed RFID tags in the fibers of Euro banknotes since 2005. The tag allows money to carry its own history by recording information about where it has been, thus giving governments and law enforcement agencies a means to literally "follow the money" in every transaction. If and when RFID devices are embedded in banknotes, the anonymity that cash affords in consumer transactions will be eliminated.

Hitachi Europe wants to supply the tags. The company has developed a smart tag chip that--at just 0.3mm square and as thin as a human hair -- can easily fit inside of a banknote. Mass-production of the new chip is currently underway.

NuclearWinter
RFID would expand marketers' ability to monitor individuals' behavior to undreamt of extremes. With corporate sponsors like Wal-Mart, Target, the Food Marketing Institute, Home Depot, and British supermarket chain Tesco, as well as some of the world's largest consumer goods manufacturers including Proctor and Gamble, Phillip Morris, and Coca Cola it may not be long before RFID-based surveillance tags begin appearing in every store-bought item in a consumer's home.

According to a video tour of the "Home of the Future" and "Store of the Future" sponsored by Proctor and Gamble, applications could include shopping carts that automatically bill consumers' accounts (cards would no longer be needed to link purchases to individuals), refrigerators that report their contents to the supermarket for re-ordering, and interactive televisions that select commercials based on the contents of a home's refrigerator.

Now that shopper cards have whetted their appetite for data, marketers are no longer content to know who buys what, when, where, and how. As incredible as it may seem, they are now planning ways to monitor consumers' use of products within their very homes. RFID tags coupled with indoor receivers installed in shelves, floors, and doorways, could provide a degree of omniscience about consumer behavior that staggers the imagination.

NuclearWinter
Consider the following statements by John Stermer, Senior Vice President of eBusiness Market Development at ACNielsen:

"After bar codes the next 'big thing' was frequent shopper cards. While these did a better job of linking consumers and their purchases, loyalty cards were severely limited...consider the usage, consumer demographic, psychographic and economic blind spots of tracking data.... Something more integrated and holistic was needed to provide a ubiquitous understanding of on- and off-line consumer purchase behavior, attitudes and product usage. The answer: RFID (radio frequency identification) technology.... In an industry first, RFID enables the linking of all this product information with a specific consumer identified by key demographic and psychographic markers....Where once we collected purchase information, now we can correlate multiple points of consumer product purchase with consumption specifics such as the how, when and who of product use."

NuclearWinter
Marketers aren't the only ones who want to watch what you do in your home. Enter again the health surveillance connection. Some have suggested that pill bottles in medicine cabinets be tagged with RFID devices to allow doctors to remotely monitor patient compliance with prescriptions.

While developers claim that RFID technology will create "order and balance" in a chaotic world, even the center's executive director, Kevin Ashton, acknowledges there's a "Brave New World" feel to the technology. He admits, for example, that people might balk at the thought of police using RFID to scan the contents of a car's trunk without needing to open it.

The Center's co-director, Sanjay E. Sarma, has already begun planning strategies to counter the public backlash he expects the system will encounter.

Captain REX
NuclearWinter, please refrain from double-posting, or, in your case, quintuple posting.

NuclearWinter
Originally posted by Captain REX
NuclearWinter, please refrain from double-posting, or, in your case, quintuple posting.

Sure thing boss.

jaden101
Don't jump the gun there Kharma, I never said the Amero was actually in place just yet. Is it in the works? I believe so. As do many others. Are there plans for a North American Union with a single curreny? Absolutely. Can it be 100% proved as of yet? No.....but give it time.

It is impossible to have a One World Government with almost total control over lives of the poplulation of the World without first controlling the World's monetary system and uniting the currency of the World. The people in power know this. Therefore it is almost inevitable that they will attempt to do this.

Does that mean that the final name of the North American Currency will be called the Amero? Of course not. But who cares what it's called. It's just the first step before they would try to combine all the World's currency into one. Which would mean that they would have achieved their goal of total slavery under the command of a few.

currency is largely irrelevant to banks and infact having a single currency is probably counter productive to the banks as the money they make charging interest on currency exchanges is phenomenal

Mr Parker
Originally posted by General Zink

oh really?

jaden101
something distinctly lacking in this thread...ironic that you used those words...ironic indeed

NuclearWinter
Originally posted by jaden101
currency is largely irrelevant to banks and infact having a single currency is probably counter productive to the banks as the money they make charging interest on currency exchanges is phenomenal

Jaden, your one liners are killing me man. Come up with something a little more substantial eh? Your arguement about "banks" has nothing to do with what I was talking about. I said under the command of a few. I never said the word "banks".

You would probably have to only be concerned with one bank anyways. One Major Central Bank, if they achieve their goal. But not all of the "few" would be bankers. Not at all.

NuclearWinter

NuclearWinter
Why would anyone want to keep such close track on everyday objects? The answer is simple. Businesses want the technology to give them complete visibility of their products at all times. Having this real-time knowledge would allow them to keep products on store shelves and know precisely what's in their warehouses. They also believe it could help them fight theft and counterfeiting. Theoretically, it could even eliminate the checkstand, since doorways could scan your purchases automatically when you leave the store and charge them to an RFID-based account.

While some of these goals may sound appealing, the problem is what happens when spychipped products leave the store with us and find their way into other areas of our lives.

The seamy details that have been discovered make the spychipped future look more like the ending scene of a gut-wrenching Outer Limits episode.

One of the consumer privacy nightmares is for those little anti-theft tags (known in the industry as "EAS" tags) to someday be combined with individually trackable RFID chips and slipped into consumer products.

An article in the RFID Journal (posted below), reveals that Checkpoint Systems has actually developed a product tag that combines anti-theft and RFID tracking capabilities. The tags were at the RFID Journal Live! Conference in Orlando, Florida. What's more, Sensormatic, Checkpoint's only serious competitor, is running a whole conference session to describe the benefits of using this combined tracking technology.

This is beyond a doubt one of the most important and dangerous developments in the consumer privacy arena today. It means consumers may soon be buying, wearing, and carrying products tagged with RFID at the item level, because Checkpoint and Sensormatic specialize in hiding anti-theft tags deep inside of products, then distributing those products to nearly a million retail locations worldwide.

Now they want to do the same thing with RFID spychips. If they are not stopped, Checkpoint and Sensormatic will soon be hiding these dual-use tracking devices in your belongings, where they will be able to silently and secretly transmit information about you to marketers, criminals, and Big Brother.

This will be a consumer privacy nightmare and no one will even know it's happening. That's because industry lobbyists have prevented RFID labeling legislation from passing anywhere in the nation. There is no requirement that retailers or manufacturers tell us when they're hiding RFID tags in our clothes, shoes, books, or anything else.

Our only protection against this threat is the strength of our voices and the power of our protests.

Here is a list of the companies that have joined the RFID journal conferences:

Academy Sports & Outdoors
Albertsons
The ALDO Group
Anheuser-Busch
Best Buy
Blockbuster
Blommer Chocolate
Brass Eagle
CDW Corp.
Dreyer's Grand Ice Cream
Electrolux
Energizer Battery
Fuji Photo Film USA
The Gap
General Mills
Gillette Company
Hampton Products
Hasbro
Hershey Foods
Hewlett Packard (HP)
Hunter Fan
Hy-Vee, Inc.
Jockey International
Johnson & Johnson
Johnsonville Sausage
Kellogg Co.
Kimberly-Clark
Limited Brands
L'Oreal USA
Loblaws
Louisville Bedding
Lowe's Companies
Luxottica Retail
Maidenform Worldwide
Mars
Marubeni America
Masterfoods USA
McIlhenny Co.
Meyer Corp.
Nestle USA
Newell Rubbermaid
OfficeMax
Pacific Cycle
Payless Shoe Source
Pharmavite
Procter & Gamble
S. C. Johnson
SAKS Inc.
Sara Lee Foods
Schick
Scott Paper Limited
Sears
Sears Canada
Sherwin-Williams
Storekraft
Stride Rite Corp.
Tanimura & Antle
Target Corp.
The Valvoline Co.
Unilever
Wal-Mart
Walgreens
Wm Wrigley Jr Co
Wegmans

To learn more about the conference, and to see a video on it, see: http://www.rfidjournalevents.com/live/

Write to as many of these companies as you can. Let them know how strongly you oppose RFID spychips. When you're done writing an email, call their customer service lines for good measure. Send a fax, write snail mail, send a singing telegram. But whatever you do, don't take this lying down. We need everyone we can to put a stop to this.

Furion
I sense lawsuits in the horizan. Fvcking Goverment Pervs.

jaden101
Jaden, your one liners are killing me man. Come up with something a little more substantial eh? Your arguement about "banks" has nothing to do with what I was talking about. I said under the command of a few. I never said the word "banks".

You would probably have to only be concerned with one bank anyways. One Major Central Bank, if they achieve their goal. But not all of the "few" would be bankers. Not at all.

i was referring specifically to your "amero" idea...if you want the perfect example of how a single currency doesn't makes slaves of the people as you claim...look at the Euro...it's been highly succesfull for all countries involved

as for stuff more substantial...if i dont need to use anything more than a single line to put paid to people's idiocy then why should i bother?

NuclearWinter
Originally posted by Furion
Furion, if you really want to know what they have planned for Canada, I suggest you watch the following video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1070329053600562261

Let me know what you think eh?

KharmaDog
Furion, if you really want to know what they have planned for Canada, I suggest you watch the following video:

Let me know what you think eh?

I'm not about to watch a 2 hr and 20 minute video. Cut to the chase and list sources.

NuclearWinter
I'm not about to watch a 2 hr and 20 minute video. Cut to the chase and list sources.

KharmaDog how good to see you. Funny how you should only post in this thread after I post a link to a very revealing video about just about everything a person today should know regarding the government, ect.

What is even funnier to me though Kharma, is that you seem to be oblivious to one fact. What the hell do you think almost all movies coming out today at your movie theatre or that you bring home after renting are running for? Can we say....about 2 hours? Some of them 2 hours and 20 minutes?

So whats your arguement for watching those videos and not this one? You'll have to change your reason though because the time theory has been blown out the window.

NuclearWinter
Thats weird. The link to the video is no longer working. It was working fine before I posted it here though......

I guess I'll just have to post a different one. There is bound to be tons of copies out there of Alex Jones's new video - End Game -.

NuclearWinter
Ok this time no excuses people. I'm breaking it up for those who wish to watch it. If you can't watch it all tonight, at least watch one of the sections hey?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25yhygUkecE (Part 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9XMu2UrSX0&feature=related (Part 2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F59cMimOmiE&feature=related (Part 3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKYWs9sZ36M&feature=related (Part 4)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VULQziRL80&feature=related (Part 5)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqN60p7niH4&feature=related (Part 6)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTRToKbqy00&feature=related (Part 7)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL-lB_Nk08U&feature=related (Part 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9s_GbRna8M&feature=related (Part 9)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj8DmxS1etE&feature=related (Part 10)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co7aIx85rWg&feature=related (Part 11)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_M16LzbYeY&feature=related (12)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vrgMyAAj0o&feature=related (13)

KharmaDog
KharmaDog how good to see you. Funny how you should only post in this thread after I post a link to a very revealing video about just about everything a person today should know regarding the government, ect.

Not funny at all. Not funny in the least.

As for knowing everything about the gov't, no, I don't think so. If you think you'll learn everthing you need to know about gov't from one alex jones video, then you are a nut.

What is even funnier to me though Kharma, is that you seem to be oblivious to one fact. What the hell do you think almost all movies coming out today at your movie theatre or that you bring home after renting are running for? Can we say....about 2 hours? Some of them 2 hours and 20 minutes?

That's not funny at all. Unless this is your lame attempt at humour or pointing out a whimsical observation...because in that case...it's still not funny.

So whats your arguement for watching those videos and not this one? You'll have to change your reason though because the time theory has been blown out the window.

Entertainment as opposed to propaganda, and moronic propganda at that. If there were hard facts that were worth knowing, I would assume you would try and post them, instead you post a two hour long video and hope to make a point. I was interested in what you thought was in store for Canada, but only enough to be slightly amused. Not enough to watch crap for two hours.

NuclearWinter
Not funny at all. Not funny in the least.

As for knowing everything about the gov't, no, I don't think so. If you think you'll learn everthing you need to know about gov't from one alex jones video, then you are a nut.

That's not funny at all. Unless this is your lame attempt at humour or pointing out a whimsical observation...because in that case...it's still not funny.

Entertainment as opposed to propaganda, and moronic propganda at that. If there were hard facts that were worth knowing, I would assume you would try and post them, instead you post a two hour long video and hope to make a point. I was interested in what you thought was in store for Canada, but only enough to be slightly amused. Not enough to watch crap for two hours.

Of all the things you are Kharma, un-intelligent is not one of them. So therefore, I don't buy that you have absolutely no clue what is in store for Canada. It may not be exactly what I think, but I know you already have your own opinion on the subject.

Being interested in what someone has to say and agreeing with them are two different things. I don't remember a time where we have agreed, if I'm wrong, please refresh my memory.

KharmaDog
Of all the things you are Kharma, un-intelligent is not one of them.

Thank you.

So therefore, I don't buy that you have absolutely no clue what is in store for Canada. It may not be exactly what I think, but I know you already have your own opinion on the subject.

We all have our opinions. We can't but help it. But you are still being vague. What do you see in my countries future, and how did you come to that conclusion?

Being interested in what someone has to say and agreeing with them are two different things.

I never said they weren't. But "being interested in what someone has to say" can mean many things.

NuclearWinter
Look the truth be told Kharma, and I know this may sting, the video that I wish you would watch sums up most if not all of my beliefs about what is in store for Canada.

I could type the same thing the video will both explain and show, but I believe the combination of pictures and words is more powerful than just words alone.

I can't force you to watch the video. But that doesn't stop me from asking you to. Will you please watch the video? And then let me know what you think?

If you watch the entire video, then we will have a format to discuss from. I won't ask you to watch any other video again. But I won't beat a dead horse if you refuse.

NuclearWinter
The Real ID Act, which is a law signed by President Bush in May 2005, and, if it is accepted by and carried out by the states, would turn state drivers licenses into a genuine national identity card and impose numerous new burdens on taxpayers, citizens, immigrants, and state governments.

Real ID would force the states to standardize drivers licenses cards across the nation into a single national identity card and database. It does this by stipulating that state drivers licenses and state ID cards will not be accepted for federal purposes including boarding an aircraft or entering a federal facility unless they meet all of the laws numerous conditions, which include:

Standardized data elements and security features on the IDs.

A machine readable zone that will allow for the easy capture of all the data on the ID by stores or anyone else with a reader.

The construction of a 50-state, interlinked database making all the information in each persons file available to all the other states and to the federal government.

A requirement that states verify the issuance, validity and completeness of every document presented at motor vehicles agencies (usually called DMVs) as part of an application for a Real ID card.

Whats Wrong With Real ID

Its a national identity system. The standardized national drivers licenses created by Real ID would become a key part of a system of identity papers, databases, status and identity checks and access control points an internal passport that will increasingly be used to track and control individuals movements and activities.

Will not be effective against terrorism. The fact is, identity-based security is not an effective way to stop terrorism. ID documents do not reveal anything about evil intent and even if they did, determined terrorists will always be able to obtain fraudulent documents (either counterfeit or real documents bought from corrupt officials).

Will be a nightmare for state governments. Real ID requires state governments to remake their drivers licenses, restructure many of their computer databases and other systems, create an extensive new document-storage system, and perhaps most difficult of all verify the issuance, validity and completeness of every document presented at DMVs. See Real Burdens.

Will mean higher fees, long lines, and bureaucratic nightmares for individuals. Because Congress ordered but did not pay for these mandates, which will cost states billions of dollars, fees on individuals applying for drivers licenses will inevitably rise, perhaps steeply. Individuals are also likely to confront slower service, longer lines, and frequent bureaucratic snafus in obtaining these ID cards. Many unlucky individuals will find themselves caught in a bureaucratic nightmare as they run up against the complexities of this law.

Increased security and ID-theft risks. The creation of a single interlinked database as well as the requirement that each DMV store copies of every birth certificate and other documents presented to it will create a one-stop shop for identity thieves.

Will be exploited by the private sector to invade privacy. Real ID would make it easy for anybody in private industry to snap up the data on these IDs. Already, bars often swipe licenses to collect personal data on customers but that will prove to be just the tip of the iceberg as every convenience store learns to grab that data and sell it to data companies for a dime.

Will expand over time. The Real ID database will inevitably, over time, become the repository for more and more data on individuals, and will be drawn on for an ever-wider set of purposes. Its standardized machine-readable interface will drive its integration into an ever-growing network of identity checks and access control points each of which will create new data trails that will in turn be linked to that central database or its private-sector shadow equivalent.

The Real ID Act has been passed by Congress and signed into law by President Bush. But its acceptance in the states is far from assured. And the states have to come into compliance, or their citizens drivers licenses will eventually no longer be accepted for federal purposes. But the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) must first complete work creating regulations that spell out in more detail exactly what the states must do to make compliant IDs.

The Act was not passed through a true democratic process. It was slipped through Congress in May 2005 in a must-pass Iraq War/Tsunami relief supplemental bill, as part of a deal reached between the powerful Rep. James Sensenbrenner (R, Wis.) and the Congressional leadership. There was no time for sufficient consideration of the Act and its sweeping implications; in the Senate, there was not even a single hearing held on the Act. The result is that Real ID lacks the legitimacy that comes from having been studied, debated, considered, and directly voted upon by Americans elected representatives.

The game is not over, it has just moved into the states. Although the Act was passed by Congress, Real ID cannot go into effect without a multitude of actions in the states. State legislatures must appropriate money and, in most cases, change state laws. State executives must remake or build anew all the administrative machinery required to comply with the Acts numerous mandates. And a lot of people at the state level do not like what they see.

Broad interest-group opposition. Opponents range from privacy and civil liberties organizations like the ACLU to conservative groups to immigration groups.

Its a bad Act. Most fundamentally, the Real ID Act has sparked opposition because it would not be good for our country.

The opposition to Real ID is broad and deep, and despite its passage by Congress, there remains an excellent chance that it will be reversed in part or in whole.

Simply put, Real ID would offer significant costs and disadvantages without any corresponding advantages:

By definitively turning drivers licenses into a form of national identity documents, Real ID would have a tremendously destructive impact on privacy.

The Act would impose significant administrative burdens and expenses on state governments, and would mean higher fees, longer lines, repeat visits to the DMV, and bureaucratic nightmares for individuals.

Yet, it would not be effective at increasing security against terrorism or bring any other benefits which would justify those costs.

NuclearWinter
Real ID would significantly strain state governments. Among the most significant burdens:

It would require the states to remake their driver's licenses, restructure many of their computer databases and other systems, create an extensive new document-storage system, and considerably expanded their security measures.

It would require the states to set up an interstate data-sharing network, which would also require complex administrative, technical, and security measures.

It includes a devilishly difficult mandate that states verify the issuance, validity and completeness of every birth certificate, immigration document, utility bill, and any other document presented at DMVs as part of an application for a Real ID card.

Yet, it leaves the DMVs with no way to compel utility companies or other document issuers to cooperate with that verification.

It would require states to expand their DMV payrolls, initiate or expand employee training in such areas as security, document verification, and immigration law, and initiate or expand security clearance procedures for their workers.

Many in state government are saying that it would be nearly impossible to comply with Real ID by the Act's deadline.

NuclearWinter
Real ID would mean higher fees, inconveniences, and bureaucratic nightmares for individuals.

Higher fees. Because the Act's mandates would cost states billions of dollars that Congress is not paying for, fees on individuals applying for driver's licenses would inevitably rise, perhaps steeply. State taxes might also go up.

Worse service. Because of the new document requirements for individuals, the labor-intensive complexities involved in verifying those documents, and the need for DMVs to reprocess the bulk of the population that already has driver's licenses, individuals would be likely to confront slower service, longer lines, and the need for repeat visits to the DMV.

Bureaucratic problems. The complicated yet often ambiguous maze of requirements created by the Act would throw many unlucky individuals into a bureaucratic quagmire as they try to overcome inflexible verification requirements, bureaucratic errors or mismatches, lost documents, unique circumstances, or other problems. Some individuals, inevitably, would find themselves unable to obtain these new identity papers.

These kinds of problems would be significant for anyone. In addition, for many low-income workers for whom taking off time from work is difficult or expensive, the need for repeated trips to the DMV (and to other agencies such as registrar's offices in search of birth certificates) would be an even greater burden.

NuclearWinter
Millions of Americans do not have driver's licenses. Out of a population of 290 million residents, there are only 194 million licensed drivers. In addition to millions of children and teenagers, the elderly are particularly likely to lack licenses. An estimated 36 percent of Georgia residents over age 74, for example, lack driver's licenses.

By creating strict new identity requirements for federal identification and, inevitably, expanding them over time to cover a growing list of purposes, Real ID would force the people in this population to figure out a way to jump through the bureaucratic hoops required to get compliant identity documents and leave DMVs struggling with how to process them.

In some cases, individuals would not be able to obtain birth certificates, or the documents they have in hand upon arriving at the DMV would not be able to be verified.

Over the decades, records are lost through fires, floods, and disasters such as Hurricane Katrina.

Documents can be rendered suspect due to fraud or malfeasance. In 2004, for example, thousands of Hudson County, NJ residents received word that their birth certificates had been declared invalid because of an ongoing fraud investigation at the County Clerks office.

Over 30 million people in the U.S. are foreign-born, and many of them were born in remote undeveloped nations or other places where no birth records are kept, or in places (such as what is now North Korea) where any records might be difficult or impossible to obtain.

Some people are not sure when or even where they were born.

NuclearWinter
It is far from clear what would happen to such people. Real ID is silent on how such individuals should be handled, so DMVs would need to figure out if they would simply be denied identity papers, or if their applications could be processed in some other way consistent with the Act.

NuclearWinter
Whether or not they obtain second class licenses, those who cannot get Real ID-compliant identity documents could in theory be left unable to fly on commercial aircraft, enter federal facilities such as courthouses or office buildings, or even possibly get a job legally.

Furthermore, the list of activities for which these IDs are required is sure to expand, if the current mindless trend of seeking security through identity papers is not reversed. In fact, the Real ID Act explicitly says that Real IDs shall be required not only for activities like boarding aircraft, but also for any other purposes that "the Secretary shall determine."

The legislation that was rammed into law provided no money to pay the states costs to comply, so those costs would ultimately be borne by the residents of each state if not in the form of higher fees at the DMV, then in the form of higher taxes.

That is why Real ID is for all intents and purposes a hidden tax increase. If Congressional leaders want to impose a multi-billion-dollar security tax on the American citizens, they must do so only through well-established mechanisms and after a proper period of open debate and exploratory hearings that examine the costs and benefits of such a measure. Congressional leaders must not impose an enormously expensive (and dubiously effective) security scheme while trying to weasel out of paying for such a scheme by sneaking its costs along to taxpayers through higher license fees and/or state tax increases.

Real ID would become a key infrastructure for, and dramatically accelerate, the surveillance society that is already being constructed in the United States. Once put in place, it would be used more and more for the routine tracking, monitoring, and regulation of individuals movements and activities, it would be exploited by the private sector, and it would expose individuals to greater risk of identity theft and other security risks. Its centralized database would inevitably, over time, become the repository for more and more data on individuals, and would be drawn on for an ever-wider set of purposes.

The creation of a single interlinked database (as well as the requirement that each DMV store copies of all the birth certificates and other documents presented to it) would create a one-stop shop for identity thieves. Nearly 10 million people, or 5 percent of U.S. adults, were victims of identity theft in one year (2002) alone, according to a U.S. Federal Trade Commission study. The security problems with creating concentrated databases have been repeatedly demonstrated over the years most recently in the rash of cases where information held by commercial database companies has fallen into the hands of identity thieves or others. The governments record at information security is little better. And DMV employees around the country have repeatedly been caught in corruption schemes such as selling fraudulent licenses or data to identity thieves.

The new identity system created by Real ID would accelerate a larger American trend toward a the construction of a public-private Security-Industrial Complex. Data aggregators like ChoicePoint, Acxiom, Lexis-Nexis and others make up an enormous, multi-billion-dollar industry that builds dossiers on individuals using a wide array of sources. And the government is increasingly turning to such companies for help with security functions. The FBI, for example, pays millions to ChoicePoint, and the TSA wants to use private-sector firms in performing identity checks on airline passengers.

The common machine-readable technology on Real IDs would allow for easy, computerized transfer of the data on the cards not only to the government at checkpoints like airports, but also to private parties. Already, many bars already collect all their customers information (including such details as height and weight) by swiping drivers licenses handed over to prove legal drinking age. That might prove to be just the tip of the iceberg as every big-box retailer, convenience store, and liquor mart learns to grab that data and sell it to Choicepoint for a dime. The result would be that, even if the states and federal government do successfully protect the data, it would be harvested by private companies, which would then build up a parallel, for-profit database on Americans, free from even the limited privacy rules in effect for the government.

Although individual states drivers licenses may continue to exhibit cosmetic differences, under Real ID they would contain a standardized set of information collected by all 50 states, in standard format, encoded on a standardized machine-readable zone. And although individual states would still maintain their own databases, by requiring them to be interlinked, Real ID would bring into being what is, for all practical purposes, a single distributed database. In short, underneath each states pretty designs they are really a single standardized national card. Local DMV offices may continue to appear to be state offices, but under Real ID they would become agents acting on behalf of the federal government, charged with administering what amounts to an internal passport without which no one will be able to function in America.

There will also be a construction of a larger network of identity papers, databases, status and identity checks and access control points in short, what has been called an internal passport. If the old drivers license represented a license to drive the governments very specific permission to operate a vehicle on the public roadways the fear is that the new documents will become tantamount to a license to leave your house.

National IDs would violate privacy by helping to consolidate data. There is an enormous and ever-increasing amount of data being collected about Americans today. Ones grocery store, for example, might use a loyalty card to keep detailed records of what you buy, while Amazon keeps records of what you read, the airlines keep track of where you fly, and so on. This can be an invasion of privacy, but our privacy has actually been protected by the fact that all this information still remains scattered across many different databases. But once the government, landlords, employers, or other powerful forces gain the ability to draw together all this information, our privacy will really be destroyed. And that is exactly what a national identity system would facilitate.

A national ID like Real ID would also facilitate tracking. When a police officer or security guard scans your ID card with his pocket bar-code reader, for example, it will likely create a permanent record of that check, including the time and your location. How long before office buildings, doctors offices, gas stations, highway tolls, subways and buses incorporate the ID card into their security or payment systems for greater efficiency? The end result could be a situation where citizens movements inside their own country are monitored and recorded through these internal passports."

Mr Parker

that just shows the proof as always,that Kharma dog like always, is afraid of the truth and doesnt want to know about government conspiracys. big grin yeah funny how he DOES have time to go to a movie theater and watch a movie and devote two hours to THAT.something that is a lot less important than this. laughing His logic kills me. laughing

btw,thanks for the info winter.I havent read through it all,just glimpsed at it but i can see just from that glimpse,theres a lot of important information here to look at.

Mr. Slippyfist
Seven.

Originally posted by Captain REX

KharmaDog
funny how he DOES have time to go to a movie theater and watch a movie and devote two hours to THAT.something that is a lot less important than this. laughing His logic kills me. laughing

I havent read through it all,just glimpsed at it

You're an idiot.

jaden101
You're an idiot.

hahaha...brilliant

Kram3r
You're an idiot.

Pwn.

Mr Parker
Good point Mr. Parker.

There is alot of opposition. I am at the point of praying that it doesn't happen though bro. I guarantee you if it does it will be the beginning of the end of our freedom in America.

exactly.great thread.I am telling everyone I know about it and call their reps because if it goes through,we will be in a nazi world for sure.well were already there now but we will be even much worse if this goes through than we are now.I wont take it.the moment you do that,the moment you become the governments property. great thread.thanks for the info.

KharmaDog
hahaha...brilliant

There's beauty in simplicity.

jaden101
There's beauty in simplicity.

indeed..and when he sets himself up so....who can resist?

KharmaDog
indeed..and when he sets himself up so....who can resist?

I think..when someone tees it up, it's just impolite not to knock it out of the park.

But that's just me.

lord xyz
Sometimes I get the feeling that a satirist or someone in the media is reading this forum and is going to make a show about these guys' posts.

Mr Parker
You're an idiot.

Better to be just an idiot than BOTH an idiot and afraid of the truth about conspiracys like yourself and your other two troll buddies above me big grin gotcha. big grin stick out tongue stick out tongue big grin at least Im not so desperate for a certain posters attention that I go on talking to myself posting to them long after they tell me im on their ignore list like you do with me.LOl.Now THATS pathetic.You must have a truely sad life since your so desperate to keep posting to me.I only read your post THIS time for the first time in SEVERAL months cause I knew it had to be something directed at me since that other troll kram3r is here and never visits the conspiracy section.have fun talking to yourself some more. bye and have talking to yourself as always. roll eyes (sarcastic)

KharmaDog
Better to be just an idiot than BOTH an idiot and afraid of the truth about conspiracys like yourself and your other two troll buddies above me

First, you need to investigate the meaning of "troll" when it comes to forums and psoting, because you obviously misunderstand. Secon, do you realize that you just admitted to being an idiot?

at least Im not so desperate for a certain posters attention that I go on talking to myself posting to them long after they tell me im on their ignore list like you do with me.LOl.Now THATS pathetic.You must have a truely sad life since your so desperate to keep posting to me.I only read your post THIS time for the first time in SEVERAL months cause I knew it had to be something directed at me since that other troll kram3r is here and never visits the conspiracy section.have fun talking to yourself some more.

This is so sad, yet so entertaining, that I couldn't stop reading it. By the way, thank you for not only conceding to my point that you are an idiot, thank you ever so much for proving it with the above rant.

jaden101
Better to be just an idiot than BOTH an idiot and afraid of the truth about conspiracys like yourself and your other two troll buddies above me big grin gotcha. big grin stick out tongue stick out tongue big grin at least Im not so desperate for a certain posters attention that I go on talking to myself posting to them long after they tell me im on their ignore list like you do with me.LOl.Now THATS pathetic.You must have a truely sad life since your so desperate to keep posting to me.I only read your post THIS time for the first time in SEVERAL months cause I knew it had to be something directed at me since that other troll kram3r is here and never visits the conspiracy section.have fun talking to yourself some more. bye and have talking to yourself as always. roll eyes (sarcastic)

you put people on ignore because you're incapable of debating with them after they make you look foolish...then continue to insult people...thus

reported for trolling...ironically

KharmaDog
you put people on ignore because you're incapable of debating with them after they make you look foolish...then continue to insult people...thus

reported for trolling...ironically

Bat Dude
I realized we were in a lot of trouble when I asked my mom about it and see had NO IDEA what I was talking about, and when I asked my dad, he was like, "It's an ok idea, not great, but ok"...

Ben Franklin said it best with this quote:

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty nor security."

This and eavesdropping on people are the lowest of the low...

Shame on the government for proposing this, and shame on the people for eating it up...

NuclearWinter
Parker, you have a PM. Just so you know.

Captain REX
Keep it civil in here, folks. Parker, stop pressing your opinions on others. Just because we don't buy into conspiracies doesn't make us sheep or idiots or any of that nonsense. Keep it up and you'll find yourself with a warning.

Parker just happens to be the most blatant, but please, everyone, respect the opinions of others.

NuclearWinter
A review of U.S. state laws on privacy and driver's licenses shows that there is an enormous variety in the statutes that are on the books in the various states. This has two important implications. First, it is clear that many states do not have adequate protections in place to combat the type of privacy invasions that Real ID will spur, such as the ability of private businesses to grab all your data off the new, standardized "machine readable zones" that Real IDs will be required to contain.

Second, for Real ID to take effect, a lot of states that do have privacy laws and other laws governing driver's licenses will have to scrap or revise those laws. That process will often be complicated, controversial, and time-consuming, and is another of the many practical obstacles that this most impractical Act must overcome.

The following is a chart that provides an overview of the relevant state laws that will require change as a result of Real ID. It was prepared by Min-Jae Lee, Lauren Gelman and Jennifer Granick of the Cyberlaw Clinic of Stanford Law School. It provides state-by-state information based on the following five criteria:

Any mention of liberty or privacy in the state constitution. Real ID is likely to conflict with these fundamental protections.

Any controls over what type of information can be included on a driver's license. That in turn may govern what information can be contained in cards with machine-readable zones, such as bar codes, RFID chips, or magnetic strips. Where they exist, such provisions may need to be harmonized with Real ID - and where they're absent, they could allow the machine-readable zone to expand to contain an ever-growing amount of information about the cardholder.

Any privacy protections that the state currently mandates for the technology employed in the driver's license, such as digital image capture or magnetic strips. For example, some states bar inclusion of social security numbers, or data not on the face of the card, from current magnetic strips to prevent them from expanding into all-encompassing digital dossiers.

Any controls over who has access to the information contained on the physical license or in the MRZ. With a standardized national machine-readable zone, it will become easier than ever for a wide variety of peopl - from police officers and security guards to store clerks to bartenders - to access whatever data is on that license.

Any controls over what data can be collected from driver's licenses, where and for how long that information may be stored, and who is authorized to access that information. Where restrictions are lacking, private-sector companies, for example, will be tempted to begin compiling license data they grab into valuable databases that will be sold or traded.

As the chart demonstrates, many of the statutes crafted by individual states to protect the safety of their roads and the privacy of their citizens will be swept under the rug in favor of an unfunded mandate poised to do little to protect the nation from terrorism. The laundry list of state laws that will need to be revised in the face of the federal statute represents not only an enormously daunting feat for legislators, but also an arrogant, big government rebuke of states' rights.

Overall, it is clear that the Real ID Act's attempt to impose a rigid uniformity upon state licensing practices will have a sweeping impact on state laws protecting citizen and consumer privacy.

In a few states legislation has been introduced that tries to move the states closer to overall compliance with the Act. The fact that each of these bills is distinct in its aims indicates a lack of clarity about what Real ID will actually require.

Despite differences in the individual bills, however, there are several reasons why all these bills are a bad idea:

Real ID isn't a sure thing. As states begin to realize the huge price tag and administrative burden associated with Real ID, more and more are calling for Congress to revisit the Act. With such criticism mounting, it is far from certain the Real ID will take effect in its current form. States that attempt to comply now risk wasting vast sums of money on a misguided law that isn't set in stone.

They are premature. The Department of Homeland Security has yet to issue final regulations describing precisely what states must do to comply with the Real ID Act. The draft regulations that have been published are deeply problematic. Until final rules are in place, it is impossible to know exactly what steps must be taken to comply fully with the Act, and even after carrying out this kind of legislation, motor vehicle departments would not necessarily come into proper compliance.

It is unwise to buy a "pig in a poke." As the old saying goes, it is foolish to pay for something when you don't know what you're getting. Similarly, it is not smart to invest a large amount of state money in a Real ID bill without knowing how far this money will go toward actual compliance, and how much full compliance will ultimately cost.

They are incomplete. All the current bills that attempt to comply with Real ID leave out many required provisions of the Act. For example, many of the systems for document verification are either in their infancy or do not yet exist. Until the final regulations are released, it is impossible for states to draft complete legislation for Real ID implementation.

Passage of any legislation enabling the federal REAL ID Act of 2005 is premature. REAL ID forces almost every American over the age of 16 to carry a common identity document and use it for all federal purposes including flying or entering a federal building. In short it is a National ID. REAL ID law represents a grave danger to the privacy of citizens and lawmakers should be cautious in implementing any of its provisions.

REAL ID will represent an enormous administrative burden. States will likely have to copy, store and verify as many as four different documents in order to grant every drivers license. This will mean long lines for consumers and increased costs, either in the form of higher taxes or license fees. The DMV will also have to change the composition of their license and the way that information is stored in a machine-readable format. The Act also calls for the creation of a system to link all state motor vehicle databases. The cost of these changes is likely to run in the billions of dollars. Currently no federal funds have been appropriated to implement REAL ID.

The Federal Trade Commission estimates that 10 million Americans are victims of identity theft annually. The drivers license contains valuable information for an identity thief including date of birth, gender, driver's license or identification card number, digital photograph, address and signature. Identity thieves recognize this and are increasingly targeting state Motor Vehicle Departments. REAL ID will make drivers license information accessible from tens of thousands of locations across the country.

Requiring the machine-readable elements of the drivers license to be standardized enables the private sector to collect and save this information. Bars swiping licenses to collect personal data on customers will be just the tip of the iceberg as every convenience store learns to grab that data and sell it to data aggregators like ChoicePoint. This data will become part of existing private sector databases not subject even to the limited privacy rules in effect for the government.

In the days after 9/11, President Bush and others proclaimed that we must not let the terrorists change American life. It is now clear that despite its lack of effectiveness against actual terrorism we have allowed our security agencies to push us into making a deep, far-reaching change to the character of American life. Identification is already necessary to board a plane, open a bank account or participate in many routine activities that are part of living in a modern society. REAL ID dramatically expands the use of identification and its intrusions. It was passed without hearing or stand-alone vote on its merits in Congress. The federal government has already abdicated its responsibility to consider the serious issues raised by REAL ID.

REAL ID requires the capture of a digital photograph that lays the groundwork for a sophisticated biometric system that allows for electronic storage and easy comparison against other facial images. The new system envisioned under REAL ID warrants a rethinking of this open access by law enforcement.

Legislators have a duty to see that whatever state level legislation passes regarding REAL ID addresses these real and serious concerns. Moreover, if none of these issues are addressed the state must consider the possibility that, in order to protect the rights of Americans, the states must reject REAL ID and attempt to force Congress to repeal or amend it.

Mr Parker
Parker, you have a PM. Just so you know.

I got it.thanks for that information.

NuclearWinter
What are the States saying about REAL ID? Not good things:

ALABAMA

Alabama's attempt to take Real ID for a test drive has been a disaster.

"Legislator Says He Will Oppose National License," The Times Daily, February 9, 2007. http://www.timesdaily.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../702090328/1011

"Real ID Intrusive, Says State Lawmaker," Tuscaloosa News, February 7, 2007. http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/2007...341/1010/NEWS05

"Driver's License Woes Expected to Get Worse," Tuscaloosa News, November 5, 2006. http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...389/1007/NEWS02

National survey of motor vehicles administrators uncovers deep concern over Real ID across the nation.

"Documents Show Alabama Department of Public Safety has Serious Concerns About New Driver's Licence Law," ACLU Press Release; http://www.aclualabama.org/News/PressRelea...ghts/011306.htm

Mark Harrison, "License confusion possible," Times-Journal, October 1, 2005 http://times-journal.com/story.lasso?WCD=4641Online >

Alabama officials' response to national survey of DMV's on problems posed by Real ID is available here. http://www.realnightmare.org/images/File/Alabama.pdf

Watch this space for actions you can take to stop Real ID in Alabama
For more information http://www.aclualabama.org/

ALASKA

"Lawmakers Consider Whether to Oppose National ID Card," Associated Press, February 15, 2008. http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=7876038

"Lawmakers Oppose National ID by Opposing Funds for it," Juno Empire, February 15, 2008. http://www.juneauempire.com/stories/021508...247185977.shtml

"Senator Calls Real ID Law an Intrusion," Anchorage Daily News, February 15, 2008. http://www.adn.com/front/story/315722.html

"The Answer Still is No," Anchorage Daily News Editorial, January 18, 2007. http://www.adn.com/opinion/view/story/286462.html

"'Real ID' Meets Opposition from State Lawmaker," KTUU News, January 12, 2008. http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=7617024

"National ID Card Proposal a Bad Idea," Anchorage Daily News Editorial, September 10, 2007. http://www.juneauempire.com/stories/091007...070910001.shtml

"Big Brother is Almost Here," Juneau Empire, July 13, 2007. http://www.juneauempire.com/stories/071307...esoped001.shtml

"Real ID Act has some concerned," KTUU Anchorage, March 4, 2007. http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=6175984&nav=menu510_2

Jo Dee Pederson, "Yes, I really am Jo Dee. Still. Really." Anchorage Daily News, November 1, 2006. http://dwb.adn.com/opinion/compass/story/8...p-8260700c.html

Alaska refuses to go forward with national ID system: SB-189 dies in committee. http://www.legis.state.ak.us/basis/get_sch...80000&comm=HSTA

ARIZONA

"Arizona GOP Lawmakers Vow Fight Against 3-in-1 License," The Daily Dispatch, December 17, 2007. http://www.douglasdispatch.com/articles/20...74691979267.txt

"Unlikely Allies Unite to Fight Enhanced-ID Plan," Arizona Republic, December 13, 2007. http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/l...icense1213.html

"Senate Bill on Path to Ignore Real ID," Tuscon Citizen, March 8, 2007. http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/local/44228.php

"Arizona Senate OKs Complaint About ID Law," Tuscon Citizen, February 20, 2007. http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/local/42508.php

"Bills Would Protect Arizona's Wallets, Privacy," Arizona Daily Star, February 13, 2007. http://www.azstarnet.com/dailystar/168921

"Feds Need to Add Reality to Real ID," East Valley Tribune Editorial, February 11, 2007. http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/83929

"No One Certain What Real ID Act Will Cost Arizona," Yuma Sun, January 12, 2006.

Arizona legislation prohibiting the Real ID Act. http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/48leg/2r/bills/hb2677p.htm

Mr Parker
great research there Winter.again thanks for the info.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Bat Dude
I realized we were in a lot of trouble when I asked my mom about it and see had NO IDEA what I was talking about, and when I asked my dad, he was like, "It's an ok idea, not great, but ok"...

Ben Franklin said it best with this quote:

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty nor security."

This and eavesdropping on people are the lowest of the low...

Shame on the government for proposing this, and shame on the people for eating it up...

very well spoken my man. thumb up

KharmaDog

That's not research.

NuclearWinter

No problem Parker. Glad to help.

lord xyz
No problem Parker. Glad to help. Originally posted by KharmaDog
That's not research.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.