Captain America's Shield vs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainStoic
Durability Test.

Ok let me clarify this thread. Is there anyone from any universe below low Sky Father in power (Thanos, Darkseid and below) who could crush Captain America's shield with their bare hands? No matter manipulation allowed, this is a test of strength.

psycho gundam
apocalypse transforms himself int o the prison that held odin(dark god saga). that thing could have bent the shield(I hope)

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by psycho gundam
apocalypse transforms himself int o the prison that held odin(dark god saga). that thing could have bent the shield(I hope) What the shit iz u tocking about?

Inhuman
Aunt May with the power gem

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
What the shit iz u tocking about? I...sadly don't know! embarrasment sad ............ wink ............ stick out tongue ... big grin

psycho gundam
the shield cannot be broken by bare hands so I made up some shit. geez

CaptainStoic
No Power Gem, no outside help or matter manip allowed. I know Thor and Thanos were the only ones to ever affect the shield in the history of comics. Thanos had the Infinity Gauntlet and shattered it, and Thor with the Odin Force, or Rune Force (I forget which) dented it. I wonder if Superman could crush it, or could the Hulk get mad enough to bend it.

SpiderGauntlet
Only uber powers have destroyed it..

Like the Molecule man.

and the power gem.

Gecko4lif
low skyfather = Ds and thanos.... WOW
im not even going to yeah at you over that... im just gonna let it go and walk away

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
No Power Gem, no outside help or matter manip allowed. I know Thor and Thanos were the only ones to ever affect the shield in the history of comics. Thanos had the Infinity Gauntlet and shattered it, and Thor with the Odin Force, or Rune Force (I forget which) dented it. I wonder if Superman could crush it, or could the Hulk get mad enough to bend it.

No, Superman should NEVER be able to crush it (maybe flying at it full speed he could dent/crumple it- but not just bear handed). Same with Hulk.

The other examples cited are cosmic or magical beings of a high magnitude (Korvac, Beyonder are two others who have damaged/destroyed the shield, off the top of my head). I think the shield is supposed to be almost supernatural- the accident (which was unexplainable and has never been duplicated) which created it was, in my opinion, an act of fate- to provide a great warrior with the ultimate weapon in his fight against evil. I see it as being like Excalibur. The shield should be beyond brute strength.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.