GTIS:Innocence...Art aside...WTH?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

agphoenix
I finished watching GTIS:I last night. I loved the first one. WHY exactly are people so impressed by this one?

Remember I said 'art aside.' Because the carnival onwards was just incredible.

Some of my friends told me it was much better than the first. How many of you actually believe that? Seriously? Please back it up because it's driving me crazy; not knowing why it's a big deal.

***Possible spoilers for some***

My side of it:

1-The characters were about as dry as the desert. I think the dog was the only one who had a personality.

2-I loved GITS because it was philosophy MEETS action. Innocence just seemed like pretentious philosophy MEETS ahmmm...pretty art?

3-The partner...other than the last scene in which his daughter makes 'Bourous' ponder about the fact that children/dolls might have an 'innocence' to them...what exactly was the partner's purpose? A 'filler?'

Ok, so only 3 points; but they're important. Granted if someone has not watched GTIS, he/she might be a lot more impressed by Innocence.

I just think that what with the deeper, thought-provoking ideas presented in GTIS, complemented by good action sequences, people might be uneasy about accepting that this was just an utter disappointment.

I'm all for philosophical and psychological anime. Granted 'Death Note' is not a movie but at least I was engaged within the first 20 minutes. I would have slipped into a coma watching GTIS:I in the first 20 minutes had it not been for the insanely beautiful visuals.

You guys/gals take a go at this discussion. I'm just hoping to read something that might make me want to go back and watch it again to realize I missed something.

So tell me friends, was I just way too innocent while watching it? smokin'

Black Adam
I found it boring as well. Go watch the series instead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.