Tom Cruise - Scientologist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Syren

Schecter
scientologists should all get cancer.

Spearhead
Well, he does a good job making himself seem more important...a LOT more important...than he really is.

It's kind of ironic that he says he doesn't mince words, and then he finishes that thought with a hand gesture and a bunch of mumbled gibberish? What was he trying to say?

What? "When you drive past an accident...you know you're the only one who can really help." WTF?

So basically, he says that scientoligists have a vague "something" that they must do, but he avoids saying it. But whatever it is, he's "there to help".

He "sees things the way they are"...oh I get it. He's on something. NOW it makes sense.

Oy.

Robtard
Originally posted by Schecter
scientologists should all get cancer.

Tom just converted Will Smith... hopefully he's not really falling for that nonsense and is just doing it for the money, damn pyramid scam it is.

"...in all of the experiences Ive had with Tom and Scientology, like 98 percent of the principles are identical to the principles of the Bible,” -Will Smith

Robtard
If anyone has trouble understanding this **** with his overuse of acronyms. Here's a site from an ex-scientologist:

www.xenu.net

SP = Suppressive Person (a non-scientologist, aka the blind, the deluded, the lost)
KSP = Keep Scientology Working

Schecter
just another cult. hope they die.

chillmeistergen
They don't really bother me too much, they're welcome to buy into whatever idiocy they want. I do think they're utterly stupid, but not necessarily any more stupid than the frequenters of the conspiracy forum.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Robtard
Tom just converted Will Smith... hopefully he's not really falling for that nonsense and is just doing it for the money, damn pyramid scam it is.

"...in all of the experiences Ive had with Tom and Scientology, like 98 percent of the principles are identical to the principles of the Bible,” -Will Smith

That proves Will Smith is a moron.

Just because its similar to Bible, doesn't mean it should be automatically accepted.
I mean, what the hell, Robtard? What the HELL??

ragesRemorse
how is scientology similar to the Bible?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Spearhead
Well, he does a good job making himself seem more important...a LOT more important...than he really is.

It's kind of ironic that he says he doesn't mince words, and then he finishes that thought with a hand gesture and a bunch of mumbled gibberish? What was he trying to say?

What? "When you drive past an accident...you know you're the only one who can really help." WTF?

So basically, he says that scientoligists have a vague "something" that they must do, but he avoids saying it. But whatever it is, he's "there to help".

He "sees things the way they are"...oh I get it. He's on something. NOW it makes sense.

Oy. sounds like the "good samaritan law" from seinfeld.

Admiral Akbar

There goes all the respect I had for the man.

DigiMark007
Seems insanely arrogant as a philosophy. Thank goodness it's crazy enough not to ever be big enough to influence large scale events.

DigiMark007
That link Robtard provided is very informative, and debunks a large amount of the cult tactics they use.

www.xenu.net

On a lark once, I took their personality test, because it seemed amusing enough because I was aware of much of the stupidity surrounding their beliefs. Bad idea (never do it!). They called me several times and basically badgered me to come in to "get help" until I became angry enough with them that they left me alone.

Tempe Brennan
Tom Cruise is a ****ing moron.

I think I speak for us when I say this

Vinny Valentine
It's very, very apparent that Tom Cruise is getting a mass amount of money from the CoS to be as open as he is. So is John Travolta. This is all this is about to them, it's a money scheme. You honestly think these actors AREN'T getting insane amounts of money from the Church of Scientology?

Think about it.

Also, Tom Cruise is FAR from a "****ing Moron." Saying something like that makes yourself look like a "****ing Moron".

dadudemon
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Also, Tom Cruise is FAR from a "****ing Moron." Saying something like that makes yourself look like a "****ing Moron".

I see both sides and her statement does have merit. So does yours...but I don't think you both are thinking about it the same way.

Regardless, Hydrogen bombs Hmmm? Seems kind of convenient to concurrent weapons technology of the founders day. Why wouldn't he have thought of anti-matter weapons? (I don't think anti-matter weapons were a concept at the time.) Why not some other brilliant weapons system that seems more realistic to interstellar technology? Wouldn't a genetic weapon be ALOT more efficient at destroying all those people?

tabby999
Its fairly obvious he's a idiot tool, it didn't take that video to prove it.

Lord Coal
Tom Cruise - tw@t

DarthLazious
Originally posted by Tempe Brennan

I agree.

I can't even begin to think how much I always loved Will Smith and his movies or his music or his show "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air". I say we need to boycott anything or anyone that has to deal with Scientology.

I know this hard for everyone but its not even considered to be a Religious View but its more of a cult and everyone knows a Religion has to have a God or Gods with it to be but Scientology doesn't even have that.
Its a cult a mother F**king cult that needs to die and it makes no sense.
For those who believe in it are blinded by idiots who think they are better then everyone else but they aren't.

So who is with me?

botankus
Originally posted by Tempe Brennan

You don't speak for me. stick out tongue I think Tom Cruise is a ****ing idiot.

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
It's very, very apparent that Tom Cruise is getting a mass amount of money from the CoS to be as open as he is. So is John Travolta. This is all this is about to them, it's a money scheme. You honestly think these actors AREN'T getting insane amounts of money from the Church of Scientology?

Think about it.

You are wrong. First, a person can be fairly (every very) intelligent, and still be an idiot, a twit, a fool- in fact, is quite common. When people call Cruise a moron (as I now so), they don't necessarily mean he is unintelligent, just incredibly foolish for falling into the clutches of such obvious clap-trap as Scientology.

And my friend, Scientology ALWAYS TAKES money from the people it sucker in, not the other way around. It might be that for real high profile guys like Cruise or Travolta, the "church" stops bleeding them for money at some point (esp. once they become high office holders)- but you are fooling yourself if you think Tom or John are just faking their beliefs to rake in money... come on. They are (sadly) "true believers"...
Scientology was started by a hack, second-rate sci-fi writer, a man who is on record as once saying (to paraphrase) "Religion- that's where the real money is- no taxes, no regulation... if a man wants to become a millionaire all he has to do is start his own religion."
And people still fall for his garbage? It would almost be funny, if it weren't true.

RedAlertv2
Hopefully anonymous will take care of them...though I doubt it

=Tired Hiker=
Seriously, if I was Tom Cruise I'd totally tap the scientology vein and milk it for all the money I could. F*ck it. Why not?

WrathfulDwarf
I have no beef with Scientologists and their ideas.

But Tom Cruise? Yeah, he's annoying.

~Forever*Alone~
Not Will Smith! NOOOOO0000ooooooooooo....

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Seriously, if I was Tom Cruise I'd totally tap the scientology vein and milk it for all the money I could. F*ck it. Why not?

Once again, let's be clear... Cruise is a VERY true believer... the "church" of SciTol milks HIM (and the other poor saps) for money- not the other way around. The idea that Tom Cruise is some slick operator, manipulating this situation for his own gain is so wrong as to be funny. Tom is a dupe, a willing dupe, of this cult... it has cost him millions of dollars in lost business (he lost his production deal with Paramount over the "church"- a very big loss), and, he's forked millions of dollars over to the "church" as well.

Schecter
correct. the cos does not pay. they brainwash and GET paid. some of you frinkin internet people just love making shit up and defending your misinformation tooth and nail.

Robtard
Originally posted by Cap'n Happy
Once again, let's be clear... Cruise is a VERY true believer... the "church" of SciTol milks HIM (and the other poor saps) for money- not the other way around. The idea that Tom Cruise is some slick operator, manipulating this situation for his own gain is so wrong as to be funny. Tom is a dupe, a willing dupe, of this cult... it has cost him millions of dollars in lost business (he lost his production deal with Paramount over the "church"- a very big loss), and, he's forked millions of dollars over to the "church" as well.

You don't think he gets paid to be a Scientology spokesman and "popular face"? His fame only serves to draw in people, i.e. idiots who think "oh, Tom Cruz is doing it, I might as well give it a whirl", he's little more than celebrity endorsement to the church.

Still though, I do think he does believe in this wholeheartedly, but I do think he's also getting a share of the profits for being who he is, a famous and recognizable star who is spreading the word and to KSW, as they say.

Tom has donated 5 million over the last four years, I'm willing to bet he's racked in more. Can't imagine how much he's made the church though.

ragesRemorse
I think Tom Cruise sincerely believes in everything about scientology. Foe some reason, i doubt Tom is getting paid anything for promoting the Church. I think tom is getting taken for a ride, just like a Lisa Mcpherson.

InnerRise
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I have no beef with Scientologists and their ideas.

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....

Symmetric Chaos
You don't think he gets paid to be a Scientology spokesman and "popular face"? His fame only serves to draw in people, i.e. idiots who think "oh, Tom Cruz is doing it, I might as well give it a whirl", he's little more than celebrity endorsement to the church.

Anyone who would do something because TomCruise did it deserves to get scammed.

DigiMark007
Please be careful in your distinctions of Scientology. It's a cult, not a religion. I use the term based on their practices, which include subjugation of will and other needs (family, morality, etc.) before the needs of the "church" as well as the specific intent to gain money for the select few in the organization that the masses finance with their contribution in order to be 'saved', and the dehumanizing and condescending terms they use for non-scientologists that aren't "enlightened."

It's a cult with tax exemptions. Say what you will about organized religion, but most at least are altruistic in the intents, if not always their results. Scientology is not.

Tempe Brennan
Originally posted by botankus
You don't speak for me. stick out tongue I think Tom Cruise is a ****ing idiot.

That too! stick out tongue

Robtard
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Anyone who would do something because TomCruise did it deserves to get scammed.

Welcome to marketing...

leonheartmm
hmm, is it just me or does tom cruise say absolutely NOTHING
{as in zit/zero} in the last 3 or 4 minutes? i mean, how can a man say so much without actually saying anything? and whats with the induced, hearty/manic laughter???? wtf is he high half the time or sumthing?

{kaballah vs scientology. who shall win this war? stick out tongue

Alfheim
Dont see what the big deal is really.

grey fox
Anonymous are going to tear these suckers apart, it'll be like a chainsaw on a fish.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Cap'n Happy

Well, what I meant was, if I were Tom Cruise, a rich famous guy who gets to bang a hot actress chick every night, and some religious force was willing to pay me money to be their poster boy, then heck, I'd do it. That is all I meant.

But if they are not paying him, then I wouldn't want to be Tom Cruise. But then again, I would still get to bang Katie Holmes . . . oh I just don't know.

Quiero Mota
Tom Cruise...who gets to bang a hot actress chick every night.

Hot? I don't think so.

=Tired Hiker=
Okay.

Melcr
LOL

I loved the pseudo-Mission Impossible music they played during the video.

BTW @ "the knowledge you now have": Uh....what knowledge? All Cruise did in the video was ramble on about "doing something," and spout acronyms. no expression

=Tired Hiker=
The thing I really enjoyed about that interview was the lighting. Very nice. Maybe could of used a bit more top light by raising the backlight, but otherwise it was lit very well.

ragesRemorse
i wish pittsburgh had a scientology church

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
i wish pittsburgh had a scientology church

eek! Global Scientology Missions International Locator - East U.S.Church of Scientology Mission of Pittsburgh. 37 Terrace Drive Charleroi, PA 15022 Tel: 724-489-0639 E-mail: [email protected]

DarthLazious
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spearhead

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by Spearhead
That's actually a Limp Bizkit song, "Take a Look Around", used for the MI:2 Soundtrack. Just a fun fact.

Um, yeah it was a Limp Bizkit "song"... but it was based on the actual theme music from the old Mission: Impossible TV show. A more accurate fun fact, I guess.

Oh yeah, Scientology still sucks.

ragesRemorse
eek! Global Scientology Missions International Locator - East U.S.Church of Scientology Mission of Pittsburgh. 37 Terrace Drive Charleroi, PA 15022 Tel: 724-489-0639 E-mail: [email protected]

eek! OH MY XENU...,thats incredible!!! thanks mate. I will put in a good word for you wink

Quark_666
Give me the spanish inquisition any day.

DarthLazious
So any else think Tom is an idiot and always has been one?

queeq
He's a good actor. That's all I care about.

Syren
Nah, he's very frustrating to watch. Can't really explain why, I just find myself attempting to tear my hair out and also the hair of those within the immediate vicinity.

Rainx
He's a good actor, but his laugh is gay.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Syren
Nah, he's very frustrating to watch. Can't really explain why, I just find myself attempting to tear my hair out and also the hair of those within the immediate vicinity.

Yeah.....and....Torchwood sux. no expression

queeq

laughing

exanda kane
Flippin' good actor I'll say.

Reminds me of a great Arrested Development joke from Season 3 and also a hilarious yet frustrating BBC Panorama docu. on scientology.

queeq
Okay... which is... ?

Syren
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Yeah.....and....Torchwood sux. no expression

pointandlaugh

Personal preference, ok?

Phantom Zone
pointandlaugh

Personal preference, ok?

Sure. I was gonna get into that series....but the acting is just........terrible. no expression

queeq
IS it? I never watched it.

exanda kane
Originally posted by queeq
Okay... which is... ?

Couldn't be arsed to find links for them, nor would a half-arsed version have as good a comic effect.

Syren
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Sure. I was gonna get into that series....but the acting is just........terrible. no expression

I love it. Everything about it, from the actors to the storylines and so on. I never appreciated Dr Who though erm

queeq
Originally posted by exanda kane
Couldn't be arsed to find links for them, nor would a half-arsed version have as good a comic effect.

And her you go making us interested in a good joke. sad

Robtard
Low and behold, the COS has decided to waive their "nominal" fee of $500.00 and is offering their Personality Test for free. If you're interested in seeing if Scientology can help you (obviously, something this great can help everyone, look what it did for Tom), click the link.

http://www.scientology.org/oca.htm

queeq
Isn't that spamming? wink

DarthLazious
I think it is.

Robtard
Originally posted by queeq
Isn't that spamming? wink

Obviously, no one is forcing you to hit the link and it isn't a pop-up.

queeq
Who's the guy with the gun at my head then?

Sadako of Girth
That'd be Travolta.

Speaking of whom, by the way.... Is it wise for a man who believes the delusional rants of a cult leader to be verbatim to be allowed a pilot's licence for large commercial model jets in a post-9/11 world....?

I've seen Battlefield Earth.

The only thing other than Faith No More's "Land of Sunshine" being lyrically composed from parts of L.Ron Hubbard's personality test that seems remotely positive about that movie (and indeed scientology) apart from the fact that it turned Tom Cruise into essential train-wreck television, is the fact that I was laughing my ass clean off for something that should have appalled me for the first time, thus proving to myself that no matter how hard the torture, it is often still possible to laugh.

Worst...pseudo-sci-fi....ever.

Quick.......!!!!! Get back Travolta's licence before he unleashes some jet-powered Saturday night grease fever upon the unsuspecting commuting masses....!!!!

GCG
Low and behold, the COS has decided to waive their "nominal" fee of $500.00 and is offering their Personality Test for free. If you're interested in seeing if Scientology can help you (obviously, something this great can help everyone, look what it did for Tom), click the link.

http://www.scientology.org/oca.htm

US citizens only.............Tom Cruise can suckerz my bollocks

queeq
Battlefield Earth was pretty lousy, indeed.

carriestar44
Has anyone ever seen that South Park episode? It was too funny heehee smile

Sadako of Girth
The Travolta/Cruise closet one...? Or the Super adventure club/Chef ones...?

CaptainStoic
I haven't delved into this cult, but from watching the video, Tom Cruise seems to be saying that what Scientology is about to help people become pro-active. I really don't buy into it, but if he's not out blowing people up to get his point across, I don't see anything wrong with what he's doing. Live and let live I guess.

Shelbert Lemon
I think he is an ok actor but as far as the Scientology goes, it seems like utter crap. However, he can believe in crap if he wishes. Makes no difference in my life one way or the other.

bizEb
freaks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.