King Kong vs Cloverfield

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

endrict
Fight in NYC

Who wins?

Blax_Hydralisk
The Cloverfield monster has survived:

The entire United States military literally going hail marry on it with tanks, jets, and infantry, as well as the equivalent of a Nuclear warhead.

King King has:

Died after getting shot a few times by airplanes that were made in the 50's.

Cloverfield no contest.

Peek
Kong gets beaten. Hes a fast bastard that avoids a beating but eventually he gets caught and crushed.

Anyone else think there might have been more than one Cloverfield monster?

Darth Martin
King Kong is an exceptional fighter but Cloverfield has an huge size advantage.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Peek

Anyone else think there might have been more than one Cloverfield monster?

There was one big one, with a bunch of the tiny parasites.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
There was one big one, with a bunch of the tiny parasites. wink

Blax_Hydralisk
mmm

Peek
There was one big one, with a bunch of the tiny parasites. Yeah but apart from that. no expression

The creature seemed to switch sizes if I remember.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was more than one big one. But thats just a theory.

Darth Martin
Yeah but apart from that. no expression

I wouldn't be surprised if there was more than one big one. But thats just a theory. Unlikely smile

Peek
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Unlikely smile Possible.

I don't even think I am right but just throwing it out there.

endrict
Yeah but apart from that. no expression

I wouldn't be surprised if there was more than one big one. But thats just a theory.

Switch sizes huh? when? where? how?

Peek
Originally posted by endrict
Switch sizes huh? when? where? how? I don't remember exactly and I was a bit drunk when watching it.

But sometimes he was ****ing huge and others he was a little smaller.

Darth Martin
"I don't remember exactly and I was a bit drunk when watching it."

There you go. wink

Peek
"I don't remember exactly and I was a bit drunk when watching it."

There you go. wink

So because I was a bit drunk you automatically think I am wrong? I am not saying I was right...

But just because your wrong most of the time do I assume you are wrong every other time? no expression

Darth Martin
So because I was a bit drunk you automatically think I am wrong? I am not saying I was right...

But just because your wrong most of the time do I assume you are wrong every other time? no expression Dude, there was clearly only one monster in the film. smile

Peek
Dude, there was clearly only one monster in the film. smile And I am not saying your wrong.

But be open to possibility's.

You sound like that Quanchi.

Blax_Hydralisk

But just because your wrong most of the time do I assume you are wrong every other time? no expression

No.. but still being drunk automatically devalues any point you're trying point you're trying to make, to an extent.

The only times that I noticed him changing size was when you were looking at it from different vantage points. From above, when looking up, and from a distance.

Peek
No.. but still being drunk automatically devalues any point you're trying point you're trying to make, to an extent.

The only times that I noticed him changing size was when you were looking at it from different vantage points. From above, when looking up, and from a distance. I was a little. More like tipsy. But I am going through it again and he does seem to change sizes a few times. But like you said camera angles.

CaptainStoic
Hmm.... the comic book King Kong, and Godzilla are far more powerful than their movie versions.

Peek
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Hmm.... the comic book King Kong, and Godzilla are far more powerful than their movie versions. Comic book King Kong? He has a comic?

Edit: Downloading it now.

Darth Martin
Like BH said already, different camera angles and positions can make the creature seem smaller or faster.

Peek
Like BH said already, different camera angles and positions can make the creature seem smaller or faster. Which I just agreed with. no expression

Barbarian Shams
In just melee matches with monsters with no energy or beam attacks, then Cloverkaiju would do very well, and against King Kong, he would beat him with ease. Cloverkaiju survived against everything the military threw at it, Kong would die if he was experienced to this kind of military assault.

Estacado
mmm
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1488/cloverfieldmonsterpictunq2.jpg

Peek
Originally posted by Estacado
mmm
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1488/cloverfieldmonsterpictunq2.jpg The thin is in the film I am pretty sure he proved to be smaller than that.

Blax_Hydralisk
That picture is noncanon.

The parasites are maybe twice the size of a beagol dog. Cloverfield is approximatly 500 feet tall.

Cap'n Happy
The Cloverfield monster has survived:

The entire United States military literally going hail marry on it with tanks, jets, and infantry, as well as the equivalent of a Nuclear warhead.

King King has:

Died after getting shot a few times by airplanes that were made in the 50's.

Cloverfield no contest.

You are essentially right- Kong would lose to the MUCH larger monster in Cloverfield (tho there is no reason to believe the monster has ANY chance of surviving a nuke)... but Kong (the original and the P. Jackson remake were set in the mid 1930's- and the planes were World War I models- from 1915-1918. Just to correct your time lines.

PS- why is this thread here? Shouldn't this be in a movie forum?

Blax_Hydralisk
I just assumed that it was at least close to being the equivelent as the military refers to it as "The mother of all bobms". But you're correct, as that is rather amiguous and there is no real proof that he could survive it.

And thanks for correcting the timelines.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.