Godzilla (Final Wars) VS. The Mighty Thor (current)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
How would the current Thor do against Big G from Final Wars?

Yes, they fought once waaaay back in the seventies, but that was classic Thor and Marvel Godzilla...and it was pretty much a stalemate.

Let's say Thor, instead of rebuilding Asgard above a Nebraska cornfield, rebuilds it right above a dormant, non-active volcano in Japan. This particular volcano DID have a hibernating Godzilla, until Thor shows up and wakes him up with all the racket....and Big G does not like having his beauty sleep disturbed!!!!

Godzilla emerges from the volcano and sees Asgard floating in the air and starts to attack it. Thor doesn't take too well to this, and decides he needs to act quickly if he is to save Asgard.

"Stand thee down beast or face the wraith of Thor and my entrusted uru-mallet Mjolnir." shouts Thor to Godzilla...

"Rrrooooaaaaaarrrrrrnnnnnnhhhhh" (Translation : **** off Blondie!!!) exclaims Godzilla....

And the battle is on..........

OH, NO BATTLE-FIELD REMOVAL IS ALLOWED!!!

Southern_Rebel
Hell, I'd say Thor...he could BFR Godzilla. Also, if Thor can fight the Midgard Serpent...is which is so much larger than Godzilla....then, I'd have to say Thor takes this.

guy222
thor

Horrificus
Godzilla

G is indestructible.
Able to survive a Black Hole.
Has HF.
Spontaneously develops new weapons and attacks.
Able to make use of mystical energy sources as well as his own nuclear power.
If G can survive a drop into a volcano, travelling deep into the earth, and moving through billions and billions of tons of earth and lava, he is definitely on or above Midgard Serpent level.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Horrificus
Godzilla

G is indestructible.
Able to survive a Black Hole.
Has HF.
Spontaneously develops new weapons and attacks.
Able to make use of mystical energy sources as well as his own nuclear power.
If G can survive a drop into a volcano, travelling deep into the earth, and moving through billions and billions of tons of earth and lava, he is definitely on or above Midgard Serpent level.

'Bout time Big G got some love in this battle. Happy Dance

Remember, there is NO BFR here, so Thor is going to have his work cut out for him here. It's not going to be as easy as people are making it out to be. cool

grey fox
Godzilla crushes Thor like an ant (not literally of course).

Southern_Rebel
Could Godzilla stand up to a godblast? I figure Thor could teleport inside big G...tear his heart or brain to shreads with mjolnir. I assume that would be possible.

TricksterPriest
Godzilla's durability and regen are transcendant level. IF Thor beats him, it will be at great cost.

grey fox
Originally posted by Southern_Rebel
Could Godzilla stand up to a godblast? I figure Thor could teleport inside big G...tear his heart or brain to shreads with mjolnir. I assume that would be possible.

Godzlla has a secondary heart.

SpiderGauntlet
Godzilla's powerlevel are retarded.

Thor should have to kill him in a few blows with quick succession.

Alucard25
Heisei Godzilla had a second brain in his tail but I don't remember any Godzilla with a second heart.Also Final Wars never spontaneously developed new powers that was Showa Godzilla who would seemingly out of the blue develop new powers like magnetic powers and the ability to fly.Final Wars never encountered a Black Hole that was the Godzilla from Godzilla X Megagurius and also he was never dropped in a Volcano that was Heisei all of them are completely different Godzillas.I still think Final Wars Godzilla its just Final Wars never did those things so you can't really use those feats for the Final Wars version.

TricksterPriest
Final Wars is powerful, but it's not the strongest. Shakunetsu Gojira (burning godzilla) is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla_vs._Destoroyah

Godzilla was in the middle of a nuclear meltdown and his power was raging out of control. It was this ludicrous level that took down Destroyah, a kaiju that was created by the original Godzilla's bane, the Oxygen Destroyer.

Alucard25
I found Final Wars displays of power more impressive than Burning's but thats my opinion.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Final Wars is powerful, but it's not the strongest. Shakunetsu Gojira (burning godzilla) is.

Godzilla was in the middle of a nuclear meltdown and his power was raging out of control. It was this ludicrous level that took down Destroyah, a kaiju that was created by the original Godzilla's bane, the Oxygen Destroyer.

Interesting.

I wonder how this particular version of Big G would fare against the god of thunder?

King Kandy
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Are you kidding me? What did Burning Godzilla do that puts him above Final Wars? Final Wars is like what BG would be like if he was stable... Actualy GMK Godzilla is closer to Burning then Final Wars is.

Decimus
I'd say the Burning Heisei Godzilla was the overall most powerful. He atomic blast would be second only to GMK. GMK was a beast King Kandy but his durability was his downfall. Heisei Godzilla fought the most powerful villains. The Destoroyah is undoublty the most powerful villain followed by the heisei mecha-godzilla and space godzilla. As for Thor it could go either way 5/10 for each. If Thor uses his head he should take the majority.

psycho gundam
any of the stuff that thor tried to kill arishem with would atomize godzilla

Alucard25
Final Wars atomic breath seemed a lot more powerful to me.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Alucard25
Final Wars atomic breath seemed a lot more powerful to me.

I know they are not considered canon, but Thor died while fighting Set in an issue of What If...not being able to withstand the immense heat and flame from Set. I wonder if this would possibly be the same scenario played out here? Could Thor take a direct hit from Godzilla's atomic blast?

Blight
Godzilla pulls his pants down and all the cheerleaders laugh at him.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
I know they are not considered canon, but Thor died while fighting Set in an issue of What If...not being able to withstand the immense heat and flame from Set. I wonder if this would possibly be the same scenario played out here? Could Thor take a direct hit from Godzilla's atomic blast?

Thor has battled silver surfer on the suns surface i think he can take the heat with no problem.

Big G is in for a hell of a spanking he has been taken down by brute force plenty of times. Granted never full out classed but he can bleed and has been stopped by shear brute force before.

Not to mention current Thor no longer holds back and we have seen Big G been hurt by electrity before so Thor could rain down the lighting and after a few blows from mjolnir Big G will be down and out.

Nemesis X
Godzilla kicks Thor's ass while the All to Blame music is heard in the background.

Naija boy
Thor

WrathfulDwarf
The Mighty Thor takes this one.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
The Mighty Thor takes this one.

zeel
thor

Nemesis X
Atomic breath > hammer that shoots lightning

Final Blaxican

Can anyone explain to me how Godzilla can actually touch Thor?

zeel
godzilla is a 4ft japanees man in a gaint rubber suit.

thor wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.