ROTS Vs Vong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spartan 063
What if Palpatine did not give out order 66 and the republic was still intact when the Von attach?

how would the Jedi order fair?

0°Mandalore°0
Well, there are a lot of things to take in consideration. We are supposing Palpatine was not the Sith Lord and that the Sith Lord was eliminated.
Damn, this changes an incredible amount of things... and I'm sleepy so I'll post tomorrow.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Spartan 063
What if Palpatine did not give out order 66 and the republic was still intact when the Von attach?

how would the Jedi order fair? the Republic WAS intact, only it was the New Republic, and things would have played out the same.

IF the Empire had still been intact when the Vong attacked, the Empire would have kicked the shit outta them.

Two words: CENTERPOINT STATION.

MadMel
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
the Republic WAS intact, only it was the New Republic, and things would have played out the same
i doubt it..
the jedi of the old republic played by slightly different rules than those of the new republic erm
that would have made some difference..
there are other things to consider, such as the difference in technology, chancelor palpatine's reaction, the jedi's reaction, senate's reaction etc.

Rogue Jedi
They played by basically the same rules, the Jedi of the new order were allowed to marry and shit, thats about the only difference. There was still a council and a senate, just different players.

But man, if the Empire was around and at full strength when the Vong attacked, the Empire would have wiped the floor with them. They would have not thought twice about using Centerpoint station, and they would have the Death Star, maybe multiple death stars.

I would have liked to have read about an elite squad of stormtroopers going against a squad of Vong.

Darth Scythe
They played by basically the same rules, the Jedi of the new order were allowed to marry and shit, thats about the only difference. There was still a council and a senate, just different players.

But man, if the Empire was around and at full strength when the Vong attacked, the Empire would have wiped the floor with them. T

I totally agree with this. When I hear about Palpatine, building his superweapons and sending a genius like Thrawn out to the Vongs entry vector I almost think he wasn't so bad for the galaxy.

Imagine a few World Devastators being sent down to a Vong-formed planet. They would start tearing the place apart, undoing some of the forming and spewing out hundreds or even thousands of TIE/droid fighters. That sh!t would be a WRAP for the Vong.

Along with using centerpoint, they wouldn't think twice about using alpha red too.

0°Mandalore°0
If the Rebels figured out someway to stop the Empire, the Vong can, too.
Although of course, militarily speaking, the Empire crushes anyone who stands on their way.

xxxpoppunker182

But man, if the Empire was around and at full strength when the Vong attacked, the Empire would have wiped the floor with them. They would have not thought twice about using Centerpoint station, and they would have the Death Star, maybe multiple death stars.

I would have liked to have read about an elite squad of stormtroopers going against a squad of Vong.

centerpoint station was around during the NJO it was just inactive. the new republic wasn't thinking and should have tried reactivating it during the vong war. but why do you think the empire would use centerpoint when they had the galaxy gun and death start?

Captain REX
If the Galactic Republic had remained intact during the Vong attack, they would fair better than the New Republic due to their possession of the Grand Army of clonetroopers, but they would not fair quite so well as the Empire. The Empire, with all its super weapons and vast military strength, would take the Vong much easier than any government within that period of time...

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by Captain REX
If the Galactic Republic had remained intact during the Vong attack, they would fair better than the New Republic due to their possession of the Grand Army of clonetroopers, but they would not fair quite so well as the Empire. The Empire, with all its super weapons and vast military strength, would take the Vong much easier than any government within that period of time...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.