Would you eat Clone Meat?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Read more...

Pass me the Ketchup and the A1 sauce.

I'm sold.

Blax_Hydralisk
Hell yes.

As long as it taste the same I'd eat it in a heartbeat.

Peek
I just think cloning is weird and should be left well alone anyway...

WrathfulDwarf
Clone vegetables. thumb down

grey fox
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Hell yes.

chithappens
I'm pretty sure I already have at some point

Alfheim
Not yet. I'll wait to see if people start dying first.

Kumar
I'd definitly eat it. I mean really, it is exactly like the stuff you're eating now... quite literally EXACTLY

Robtard
Let's eat cloned human meat.

Bicnarok
The question is have we got a choice, if all the animals were cloned eventually to save money what choice would we have.

Symmetric Chaos
I have no problem with eating cloned meat as long as it tastes the same and isn't dangerous.

Devil King
"Did cows stop ****ing?"

Why do we have to do this?

chillmeistergen
Famine?

=Tired Hiker=
I'll eat any cloned meat as long as it's cooked thoroughly and prepped with Jack Daniel's Hickory Smoke BBQ Sauce. Yay.

Devil King
Well, I'd prefer not to eat cloned meat.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Hell yes.

Same.

If its a genetic duplicate then there shouldn't be any noticeable difference when you're eating your brisket or ribs.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Devil King
Well, I'd prefer not to eat cloned meat.

Based on what? The "idea"?

Zeal Ex Nihilo
I don't see why cloned meat would be dangerous.

Robtard
"Did cows stop ****ing?"

That hillbilly on Bill Maher said that; he's got a point.

Devil King
Originally posted by Robtard
That hillbilly on Bill Maher said that; he's got a point.

Yeah, but I couldn't remember his name, so I just put it in quotes. It reminded me of my brother, whose profound insight imparted the wisdom that: "You can kick a ****in' possum, but you cain't do nuthin' to a bird!" It's the kind of forest for the trees logic that is so prevelent in the south.

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Based on what? The "idea"?

Yup. Based soley on the idea of it. I haven't heard any conclusive studies on it, but I'd prefer not to put any more substances in my body that I don't know anything about. I quit smoking and drinking (but I still smoke pot) and I'm just trying to maintain a more healthy input.

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Clone vegetables. thumb down

We already do.

WrathfulDwarf

We already do.

Call me when they clone water. Now that would be a neat trick.

Devil King
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Call me when they clone water. Now that would be a neat trick.

I have no doubt that Coke and Pepsi are hard at work on that.

dadudemon
"Did cows stop ****ing?"

There is a great reason to do this: Some people will not eat meat because of the horrible ways that the animals have to be treated to get the meat into your plate.

That would be a +1 for many vegetarians. It would technically be part of winning the battle against "mean" practices.

There would also be other benefits to growing meat. You could grow it without impurities. You could grow it to contain certain usable vitamins. You could grow it to be 100% lean. You could modify the meat to grow to contain Omega 3 FAs.

There are all sorts of positive benefits to cloning meat and growing the meat in a lab.

However, I would not eat it unless it had been thoroughly tested and found to be very safe.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by dadudemon
There is a great reason to do this: Some people will not eat meat because of the horrible ways that the animals have to be treated to get the meat into your plate.

That would be a +1 for many vegetarians. It would technically be part of winning the battle against "mean" practices.

There would also be other benefits to growing meat. You could grow it without impurities. You could grow it to contain certain usable vitamins. You could grow it to be 100% lean. You could modify the meat to grow to contain Omega 3 FAs.

There are all sorts of positive benefits to cloning meat and growing the meat in a lab.

However, I would not eat it unless it had been thoroughly tested and found to be very safe.

How on earth are you excluding the possibility of solving the problem of famine, from your list? That should surely be a higher priority than accommodating to a person's lifestyle choice.

dadudemon
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
How on earth are you excluding the possibility of solving the problem of famine, from your list? That should surely be a higher priority than accommodating to a person's lifestyle choice.

.....because you already mentioned it? Dude, I try not to steal other people's ideas. If I was to mention that, I would have to put something like "And like Chil said, it would help during famine". You words spoke for themselves so I didn't feel the need to rehash what you said.

How about next time you post, "Yes, those are all great additional points to famine."

Robtard
Famine could be solved right now, without the use of cloning, though cloning could only help it happen faster. Each year, 1st world countries destroy millions of tons of livestock and produce, to keep the market value up.

Oh, on the idea of the cloned meat beign pc to vegetarians, you know they'll have a problem with it somehow.

chillmeistergen
.....because you already mentioned it? Dude, I try not to steal other people's ideas. If I was to mention that, I would have to put something like "And like Chil said, it would help during famine". You words spoke for themselves so I didn't feel the need to rehash what you said.

Fair enough, though you wouldn't have had to put anything of a sort.

How about next time you post, "Yes, those are all great additional points to famine."

If I thought they were great points, I may well have done. However, I don't think they are.

Devil King
Oh, I'm fine with shipping cloned meat to Africa. As long as I don't have to eat it, the 3rd world is welcome to it.

daDude: You might have missed the intended humor of my post.

chillmeistergen
I don't think you'll ever have to.

k00L kiD
Originally posted by Alfheim
Not yet. I'll wait to see if people start dying first.

dadudemon
Famine could be solved right now, without the use of cloning, though cloning could only help it happen faster. Each year, 1st world countries destroy millions of tons of livestock and produce, to keep the market value up.

Oh, on the idea of the cloned meat beign pc to vegetarians, you know they'll have a problem with it somehow.

Both great points.

If I thought they were great points, I may well have done. However, I don't think they are.

Of course...I was being an smart ass by that point. stick out tongue

daDude: You might have missed the intended humor of my post.

I understood the humor...sometimes I take a humorous comment seriously and comment on it just to have made the point to add to the discussion. Your post was a nice starting point for my thoughts on the thread.

Devil King
I understood the humor...sometimes I take a humorous comment seriously and comment on it just to have made the point to add to the discussion. Your post was a nice starting point for my thoughts on the thread.

Then I'm glad I could help.

Robtard

Haha... he spring-boarded you, you gonna take that!? Show him who runs Barter Town!

Devil King
Haha... he spring-boarded you, you gonna take that!? Show him who runs Barter Town!

MASTER BLASTER RUNS BARTER TOWN!

dadudemon

Actually, your posts are usually pretty good and are great for posting continued ideas about.

chillmeistergen
Get a room.

Devil King
Get a room.

LOL! indeed! (despite the muddled nature of his compliment)

Tempe Brennan
Originally posted by Amp
I just think cloning is weird and should be left well alone anyway...

I agree. I wouldn't eat cloned meat because how we be 100% sure it is safe?
If scientists can't even clone a sheep properly, what makes them think we'd be okay with eating clone meat? The idea just makes me feel sick.

I guess we can stop slaughtering the precious 'animals' now we can just clone a piece of steak. roll eyes (sarcastic)
No need to kill that lamb, that cow, that pig, lets be overrun with animals and clone everything, yay! sick

dadudemon
Originally posted by Tempe Brennan
If scientists can't even clone a sheep properly, what makes them think we'd be okay with eating clone meat? The idea just makes me feel sick.

I guess we can stop slaughtering the precious 'animals' now we can just clone a piece of steak. roll eyes (sarcastic)
No need to kill that lamb, that cow, that pig, lets be overrun with animals and clone everything, yay! sick

No, they are cloning cells...not animals. They are growing meat in dishes, in labs.no expression

Devil King

Way to miss the presumed point

Strangelove
Well if it's exactly the same, I don't see why I wouldn't....

Quark_666

Hmm. Politics is in the way.

Just wipe out the species politica estupida and famine will be solved in a day.

WrathfulDwarf
I have no doubt that Coke and Pepsi are hard at work on that.

You know what would be nice? Coffee beans. A nice cup of organic clone java...now that's a million dolla idea! Starbucks here I come.

*copyrights WD*

SelphieT
I'm going to be so scared when they attempt to clone a human....... if they haven't already shock

I voted for only when it's properly tested for safe consumption.

I just don't like the idea of cloning.......

red g jacks
i'd try it just to say i tried it

then go back to eating regular meat

BackFire
I've eaten worse (children, women, dick, etc).

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Originally posted by BackFire
I've eaten worse (children, women, dick, etc).
I was expecting something like, "ONLY IF IT'S AT LEAST 10 INCHES."

chithappens
Originally posted by SelphieT
I'm going to be so scared when they attempt to clone a human....... if they haven't already shock

I voted for only when it's properly tested for safe consumption.

I just don't like the idea of cloning.......

Humans: Far as I know, it's been done but they have not allowed a clone to "grow up" beyond the veruy basic embryo stage.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Cloning has it's possible advantages but it will be abused. But as far as cloned food, I'm sure most of us have ate some by the year 2008.

inimalist
It is assumed at this point that cloning technology is not good enough to produce a 100% healthy, 'normal', human. This is, however, only because they haven't tried.

jerrytrinity
IM sure we already do...

Tempe Brennan
No, they are cloning cells...not animals. They are growing meat in dishes, in labs.no expression

The idea of meat growing in a dish makes me feel ill.

Quark_666
The idea of meat growing in a dish makes me feel ill.

Have you heard how meat grows anyway? Chickens, cows, turkey, all of it...the injected hormones, the living circumstances, the population per square inch...all much, much worse than a dish.

BackFire
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
I was expecting something like, "ONLY IF IT'S AT LEAST 10 INCHES."

Hahahaha.

Mr. Slippyfist
I don't know what McDonald's is, but it's f*cking delicious.

So, yes, as long as it fills my ass up. smile

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
I don't know what McDonald's is, but it's f*cking delicious.

LOL!!!

You put food in your ass. big grin

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist

Backfire. FINISH HIM!

Mr. Slippyfist
LOL!!!

You put food in your ass. big grin It's like beer; you get more effect when inserted in anus.

chillmeistergen
Poor.

Faith27
What if the scientist and government assured that theres no harm on eating this clone meats?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Faith27
What if the scientist and government assured that theres no harm on eating this clone meats?

Did somebody say McDonald's?

Tempe Brennan
Originally posted by Faith27

I doubt anyone from the Government would be willing to try to it for themselves, anyway.

Robtard
I doubt anyone from the Government would be willing to try to it for themselves, anyway.

You do realize that "the Government" is a broad term and "the Government" isn't just a few old white guys in suits wringing their hands as they make plans of conquest.

Having said that, I'm fairly certain U.S.D.A. officials will try the meat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.