The Battle of the Michaels Myers Nick Castle(H1) VS Dick Warlock(H2)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

P-Geyser
In my opinion, the first two Halloween movies seem to be the best in the Series.

Rather than just be another horror monster vs another one topic, I wanted to concentrate on two actors going head on that portrayed the same monster.

Nick Castle was the first to portrayed Michael Myers a.k.a The Shape in the first Halloween(Though many others portrayed Michael in the film)Castle though was Michael for the majority of the film.

Dick Warlock portrayed The Shape in Halloween 2.

My question to you horror fans is, which man was better at playing the Shape? In my opinion, Nick Castle was better, not because he was the first(though the baised in me says yes big grin )it was because of what others have stated which is his Michael was swift and the fact that his walk is graceful.

Dick Warlock was also good. Though the problem I had is, that all of sudden Michael went from being this swift fast motion killer to walking like an 80 year old man(don't kill me for that)Though many fans think Warlocks Michael is the best....hey as I said Warlock was good.

So I asking you gents who is the better Michael Myers Nick Castle or Dick Warlock.

P-Geyser
Nick Castle

P-Geyser
Dick Warlock

Healing Artisan
to be honest, i dont care, but i go with Warlock in this one.

"Michael went from being this swift fast motion killer to walking like an 80 year old man"

he was shot, stabbed etc... in the first film. so i can see why he wouuld walk like an old man. makes perfect sense.

you cant go wrong with either one, but Warlock got my vote on this.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by Healing Artisan
to be honest, i dont care, but i go with Warlock in this one.

"Michael went from being this swift fast motion killer to walking like an 80 year old man"

he was shot, stabbed etc... in the first film. so i can see why he wouuld walk like an old man. makes perfect sense.

you cant go wrong with either one, but Warlock got my vote on this.

LOL...good answer.

steverules
Plus he did get shot of a balcony by Loomis and his little cork gun

General G
Nick Castle for me...I always prefer the sneaky ninja like baddies.

steverules
Michael Myers and his judo chop of death

Deano
nick castle is michael myers...dick warlock defined him''

nick castle was better imo. dick warlock was too robotic

P-Geyser
Originally posted by Deano
nick castle is michael myers...dick warlock defined him''

nick castle was better imo. dick warlock was too robotic

Thank you that's what I meant to get across... not the "old man" statement I made.

Micheal_Myers
I'm gonna have to go with Nick Castle. He did strike fast, but he wasnt exactly what I would call swift. Michael never really ran after people. Though only thing I really dont like about Nick Castle is the grunt. I almost shit my pants laughing when he strangled the girl in the car. Still, classic film, best in the series, and my favorite horror movie of all time. Nick Castle wins.

SelphieT
Those two movies are the best of the whole damn series, so it's kind of hard to judge.

They both have their great points.

Michael was extremely spooky in the first one, more spooky than in the second, in my opinion.

But, wasn't that cool scene where Michael walked through a glass door in the second? Or was that in the first? Whichever, it was pretty badass.

But, I'll still have to go with Castle, the first.

MildPossession
The guy who played the original first Myers. Didn't enjoy the second so much. Halloween, and H20 are my favourites out of the series and the only ones I own now. Gave away all the other Halloween movies I had on video/dvd.

BackFire
Doesn't matter. An overrated character, I think. Overrated movie, too.

P-Geyser
Then why would you post anything if does not matter? or the fact that the character and movie are overated(which I disagree)

BackFire
To, you know, maybe spark a conversation, or something.

Crazy, I know. Conversing on a message board. What was I thinking.

Healing Artisan
I agree, the entire Halloween series is overrated. I liked the first two movies, and the third one wasn't that bad even though it didn't follow through. overall, i'm not really a fan of the series.

Originally posted by BackFire

Crazy, I know. Conversing on a message board. What was I thinking. laughing out loud

P-Geyser
Originally posted by BackFire

Crazy, I know. Conversing on a message board. What was I thinking.

Yeah real great(claps)... isn't there a discussion section for Horror characters about that?....I was simply asking a question about two actors in which you just said "it dosent matter." and that he is "overated" which have nothing to do of which I asked. You hate Michael Myers and Halloween that much huh?

BackFire
I don't. I simply said it's overrated. It's not as influential and original as many people think. First one's still quite good, though. Just not great.

And really, it doesn't matter about the actor. Anyone who's kinda big can play Myers. Just walk around quietly and slowly and don't say anything. Not like he's a complex character or anything. He's one of the most generic bad guys out there.

P-Geyser
Gotcha. Even though I still disagree somewhat, I understand what your saying.

I think anyone who is Tall can play Myers. Warlock is the shortest actor(stuntman) to play Myers.

steverules
Hasn't anyone ever played Mike twice?

P-Geyser
Yes George P. Wilbur in both H4&H6.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.