Any of you guys tired of repaints?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scythe
Honestly, we all love the obvious Ultra Magnus repaints of Optimus Prime, it's what he's supposed to be, a repaint with the general armor and whatnot, and who can forget the repaints in black to portray Black Convoy/Nemesis Prime/Scourge? They look sweet, but what about those other characters that just don't need a damn repaint. I'm not exactly a hardcore toy collector but a friend of mine was showing me his massive collection and the guy has like three different Prowls from RiD with a slight color difference. Wtf? Who's to spend money on these besides the aforementioned hardcore collector? Most repaints even run higher than the actual toy itself.

So I ask you, who's had it with repaints? What's the stupidest repaint you know of? Do you even own any repaints?

Sadako of Girth
Most of the G2 repaints of G1 characters were the silliest of the old school. But character changed repaints wise, the 1st blatant repaints that I remember sticking out as such were in 1986 when they did the mini autobot repaints/remolds.

Cliffjumper and Bumblebee were slightly remolded/recoloured to be Hubcap, Brawn was redone as Outback, Windcharger as Tailgate etc.

Those were the 1st cynical feeling repaints, for me...

Whether it be Starscream-Skywarp-Thundercracker-Thrust-Ramjet-Dirge, Rumble-Frenzy, Buzzsaw-Laserbeak, Prime-Magnus or whatever, the repaints have been in from the beginning. And the last lot I just mentioned were and always will be cool with me.

Scythe
Yeah, G1 repaints were still repainted, yet slightly different, nowadays things are just out of hand. How many Ransack(Cybertron) repaints do we need?!

Sadako of Girth
This is but one reason Im not really into the stuff subsequent to G1.
Cynicism and soulessness dripping from a lot of the design's every pore.

super pr*xy
i actually like repaints. i did them when i was a child with coloring books. i was the bane of color-by-numbers. it's like seeing them in different costumes. like elseworlds tranformers.

Scythe
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
This is but one reason Im not really into the stuff subsequent to G1.
Cynicism and soulessness dripping from a lot of the design's every pore.

Yes indeed.

grey fox
Rumble is blue.

Sadako of Girth
In the cartoon, sure.

Frenzy and Rumble got mixed up somewhere between toy/comics and the making of the cartoon.

Rumble is actually the red/black one. smile

I got mine with Ravage in the eighties.

Frenzy was sold in a double pack with Lazerbeak.
(I didn't have those back in the day, but I did get Soundwave with Buzzsaw though.)

The reissue soundwave I got in recently came with Lazerbeak and Ravage. So Frenzy has still eluded me....

Scythe
Classics Prime is getting a Black convoy repaint for the San Diego convention.

Movie Bumblebee is getting a black and yellow repaint called Stealth Bumblebee.

Oh my.

Sadako of Girth
Oh dear.

Scythe
I'm actually a sucker for Nemesis Prime repaints...

vandalworks
i've been extremely tempted to actually paint a transformer myself. maybe give the original optimus some flames on the cab. i'm sure it'd look 'cool'.

seriously tho i have given it some thought, primes trailer would look awesome with graffiti, and the alternaters(only decent toy in years apart from the masterpieces) would also look cool i think.

Scythe
That would be pretty cool.

bloodsugar08
Can i have more info on this ?

Regards

Martin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.