DC vs. WS: Dreamwar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deathstroke
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=145756

JLA vs. the Authority, Teen Titans vs. Gen13, and the Legion of Superheroes playing a part. Could be interesting.

Amp
I was going to make this thread.

But I'm lazy. no expression

Anyway, go Wildstorm!!

They better leave Majestic alone the bastards, hes one of my favourites obviously.

This is supposed to eb canon. The peveiws don't seem to make sense at all!!

Deathstroke
The old school TT were a little odd.

WrathfulDwarf
WS: Dreamwar?

More like WS: Final Crisis.

stick out tongue

Galan007
Originally posted by Amp
This is supposed to eb canon. The peveiws don't seem to make sense at all!! Well it should be, right?

Now that WS and the mainstream DCU are officially, and canonically linked, and all.

srug

Amp
I guess its set in the past.

It will effect something we read currently I guess.

Bah this better be good. Authority or anyone like Wildcats jobs and I shall be kicking ass.

DigiMark007
Yeah, WS jobbing to the money-makers is my only concern. Otherwise, it could be a a wet dream for me.

If nothing else, Apollo will throw down with Kal for a good long while before losing, and since it's canon I'll be able to shut up the "Apollo to High Meta" crowd.

Doctor and Jenny are most in danger of PIS though. Outside of GL, Doctor should just be able to turn the rest into pudding or something.

TricksterPriest
Digi, doesn't whoever is writing Authority ALWAYS make Doctor or Jenny job?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Digi, doesn't whoever is writing Authority ALWAYS make Doctor or Jenny job?

They don't really job, but they find a way to get them out of the fight. In the last fight (against Stormwatch) Jenny is apparently susceptible to tp, so Jackson made her fight The Doctor. Of course, they stalemated. After that, the Bendix hologram created multiple natural disasters on the planet for them to clean up while he fought the rest of the team.

In earlier arcs, they've stripped the Doctor of his power (evil Doctor), had him join the other side (briefly in TV evangelist-villian arc), or had Jeroen OD'd on some drug.

Fortunately, most of the time when they do bring them into the fight, it ends quickly (see the evangelist arc, for example). So they're good about maintaining continuity with their high power levels, but it also becomes a burden because they have to invent new ways to prevent Doctor (and now the new Jenny) from ending the story in the openings pages.

But if Jenny's fighting, I dunno, Wonder Woman or something and not BFR'ing her to infinite mass dimensions (or dispersing her at the quantum level) then we'll have problems.

TricksterPriest
Magical protection.......shifty

Soljer
miffed

Bump.

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/April08/01/dcvsws_cv2_r1_solicit.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/May08/1/dcvsws_cv2_solicit.jpg

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Soljer
miffed

Thanks for posting the pics. big grin

WrathfulDwarf
miffed

Bump.

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/April08/01/dcvsws_cv2_r1_solicit.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/May08/1/dcvsws_cv2_solicit.jpg

The latter cover is better.

Juntai
Looks like in the preview Bart is there?

Edit; on second look it actually, it looks like a Young Wally.

tjcoady
It is a Young Wally. But it's not set in the past... I think there's some sort of time displacement deal going on.

Mostly because the solicits have teams set in the future, past, and present (The Legion, The Titans, and the League, respectively) fighting what looks like the current line-ups for their respective enemies (Stormwatch, Gen 13, and the Authority, in that order).

Cartesian Doubt
Its not in cannon, as its set in a make believe time for both universes, almost like an Else where story. Its written by Kieth Griffen (the guy who did Annihilation, Four Horsemen ) so its got potential.

I just want Morison to start writing the Wildcats again, and I'll be happy. IMO the Authority has been crap ever since Ellis left the book 5 years ago, so if he decides to boycott i wont shed any tears.

Endrict Nuul
So wait.....there is no Jenny or Doctor in this war?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
So wait.....there is no Jenny or Doctor in this war?

What makes you say that?

Course, it might make sense. Written correctly, everyone but the magic users and maybe GLs would be butterflies or sent to a dimension where sentient beings manifest as musical notation in the first few seconds of the fight. They might need to keep them out just for balancing reasons.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by DigiMark007
What makes you say that?

Course, it might make sense. Written correctly, everyone but the magic users and maybe GLs would be butterflies or sent to a dimension where sentient beings manifest as musical notation in the first few seconds of the fight. They might need to keep them out just for balancing reasons.

By the picture and what I have read up on about the story so far.

DigiMark007
I'd be just as happy, even with how big a Doctor fan I am...because I can't see them being involved and not needing an obvious plot device to get them out of the fight....or just making them job horribly, which would be worse.

SevenShackles
so far what characters are known to be taking part in this event?

Deathstroke
Originally posted by SevenShackles
so far what characters are known to be taking part in this event?
Going from the interviews and preview pages I've seen JLA, Teen Titans, Legion of Superheroes, Majestic, the Authority, Wildcats, and possibly Gen 13.

DigiMark007
Majestic's part of Wildcats now, so they'll probably just write him in with the team rather than forming a new explanation for his presence.

Deathstroke
Majestic's part of Wildcats now , so they'll probably just write him in with the team rather than forming a new explanation for his presence.
dohThat's right.
I forgot about that with Wildcats #1 coming out some 2 years ago.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Going from the interviews and preview pages I've seen JLA, Teen Titans, Legion of Superheroes, Majestic, the Authority, Wildcats, and possibly Gen 13.

cool looks promising.
im curious how would you match the opposing characters up?
for example 'apollo vs superman' or 'majestic vs batman'

DigiMark007
'apollo vs superman' or 'majestic vs batman'

...sounds about right.

batdur

batdude123
...sounds about right.

batdur

Yeah... I mean Batman would totally kick the shit out of Majestic. smile

DigiMark007
Way to ruin the subtle joke by spelling it out.

no expression

DigiMark007
stick out tongue

DigiMark007
So not much happened, but I was really just giggling like girl as I read through the first issue. No clue how they'll wrap up so many teams and locations in six issues, but meh. At least the Authority got off to a decent start, and Flash only lost Majestic chasing him by phasing through the floor. A decent showing for WS.

I like that there's two artists though. I think one is doing DC characters and the other is doing WS. So far I haven't seen anything objectionable.

Ricardo Potter
Out today? Awesome.

Deathstroke
I got excited when alan, jay, and ted showed up in Tranquility. That should be good.

tjcoady
I got excited when alan, jay, and ted showed up in Tranquility. That should be good.

thumbs way up on that. At least the older folks are acting politely, unlike the Teen Titans. And Superman, who is doing.... what? on that last page.

Way excited for the rest of these.

Endrict Nuul
I still haven't gotten my copy yet...... sad

SevenShackles
i just read issue 1, and im confused to all hell...

Endrict Nuul
Just read it today......first off the WS art on some of the characters looks out of proportion like Majestic ears starts where his mouth is instead of around the eyes and Jenny Q eyes look like their in her forehead......but Meh, the DC art looked pretty good. Also The Authority characters doesn't feel like they have been written properly.

How are they going to deal with so many teams? So far I think there are JLA, Teen Titans, Storm Watch, Authority and Wildcats.

And what is the story about? I am kinda confuzzled....

Who is the kid at the end sleeping when Supes touches him?

But there are a few cool things....WS vs DC for starters....

I liked seening Majestic chasing down Kid Flash
Spartan vs Cyborg and Jenny Q blast Cyborg from behind.

BruceSkywalker
First issue was pretty good

Endrict Nuul
More information about issues 2 and 3.

http://www.tfaw.com/Comics/Profile/DC-Wildstorm-Dreamwar-2-(of-6)___318227

Interesting. Well, I think this is the most obvious one: Batman versus Midnighter. We won’t be seeing that?

No. There were events that were occurring and there are things happening that prevented me from having Midnighter and Batman go head to head. It was something I was actually looking forward to until I was told future plans for the character are really not going to work for that scene.

Well, from your own personal perspective, who would win in that fight? Or would it be a draw?

Oh, no. I don’t like superhero fights that end in a draw unless it’s part of the plot. I don’t know. I figure it would just be a very bloody fight were both guys walk out of it with profound respect for one another. But, they’d have to be pulled apart or one would kill the other. And I think Midnighter, being more homicidal, would be more prone to kill than Batman, who has that line in the sand that he’s drawn.

So, pulled apart or Midnighter kills Batman?

Probably, yes. Because Midnighter is the one willing to kill. Batman would be trying to just bring him down, put him out of action and contain him. I think in any fight where one person is not willing to kill and another person is willing to kill, the guy who is willing to kill is definitely going to have the advantage. Plus, I believe Midnighter is enhanced and Batman is just a guy who pretty much hit the gym regularly. And again, I know a lot of fans are going to disagree with me on that point, but let’s remember: opinions are like assholes—everybody’s got one. And it’s just my opinion and the way I see it. Arguments can be made for Batman or for Midnighter that I haven’t even thought of.

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/041508dreamwar.html

No Midnighter vs Batman....THAT SUCKS!!!! mad censored

starlock
I am eagerly anticipating further issues...but i agree with some...its a little confusing confused

tjcoady
Originally posted by starlock
I am eagerly anticipating further issues...but i agree with some...its a little confusing confused

Well. It is only the first issue.

DigiMark007
Nuul, they already stated that they didn't want some of the most obvious matchups to happen, because it would be too predictable. I have no problem with MNer not taking on Batman. MNer is >> Bats in a straight-up fight, so they either write it correctly and he wins or he jobs and WS fans are upset. I'd much rather see him pwn someone that everyone assumes is out of his league.

And there wasn't really anything wrong with Authority's dialogue...hell, they were only around for a few pages. Kinda early to start the hate-wagon, dontcha think? If anything, DC seems like the aggressors to me, so the normal "a-hole" idiom that the Authority fills in a bad writer's hands hasn't happened yet.

How are they going to deal with so many teams? So far I think there are JLA, Teen Titans, Storm Watch, Authority and Wildcats.

You missed part of the JSA, Legion of Superheros, Serenity, and Gen13.

wink

...lots of teams, and I can sympathize with anyone who doesn't read WS. A collective "wtf" probably went up from a lot of DC fans in issue 1.

tjcoady
Of all the match-ups... the Legion versus Stormwatch? That seems a little one-sided.

And the Authority were portrayed exactly how they were supposed to be: Awesomely.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by tjcoady
Of all the match-ups... the Legion versus Stormwatch? That seems a little one-sided.

And the Authority were portrayed exactly how they were supposed to be: Awesomely.

Hehe. Too early to tell with them. But I have no complaints thus far.

Also, who is it one-sided towards?

tjcoady
Hehe. Too early to tell with them. But I have no complaints thus far.

Also, who is it one-sided towards?

Well, if it's a recent version of the team, I'd be very worried if I was Jackson King. But the "upside-down spaceship clubhouse" appearing kinda implies it's Legion classic, so maybe it won't be as one sided of a fight as it looked like.

I loved how polite Alan Scott was.

DigiMark007
Heh. It's hard not to like Alan, imo. He's so heroic and soft-spoken without being a damn boyscout like, for example, pr's man-crushes.

And I guess you're right. Apparently this is on WS's earth though, and Stormwatch is like a toned down version of SHIELD. So Legion is probably > them in total power, but Stormwatch has plenty of resources to pull from. Winter's also underrated imo, but I'll digress before going into fan mode.

guy222

tjcoady
Heh. It's hard not to like Alan, imo. He's so heroic and soft-spoken without being a damn boyscout like, for example, pr's man-crushes.

And I guess you're right. Apparently this is on WS's earth though, and Stormwatch is like a toned down version of SHIELD. So Legion is probably > them in total power, but Stormwatch has plenty of resources to pull from. Winter's also underrated imo, but I'll digress before going into fan mode.

I've read classic Stormwatch... Winter's absorbing abilities make him A LOT stronger than you'd expect from just some crazy Russian character....

It's just tough as a major early Ellis work fanboy and a major Legion fanboy to know what to expect in that battle. I mean, Justice League versus the Authority you know is going to be just over the top and ridiculous... Gen 13 versus the Titans is the same. But Stormwatch and the Legion? I have nooooooo idea what to expect. I mean, this looks like it's set in the most recent day Wildstorm universe, so it's post-Bendix Stormwatch... so I don't have a clue what to expect from them. The other match ups I have some ideas as to whats going to happen (especially because Giffen happens to write Midnighter and is a big fan of the Authority)... but I could not be more excited to see all of those insane legionnaires go up against the fabulous 90ed-out Stormwatch members.

Plus, it's pretty much impossible to dislike Alan Scott. And as a major fan of Simone's "Welcome to Tranquility" I'm real excited to see what Giffen is going to make of the senior JSA members and all of those wonderful nostalgic Tranquility citizens.

God, this is a great time to be a Wildstorm fanboy. The only way this could be better would be if Tao was up against Luthor or something.

DigiMark007
Guy, you're going to have to cut back on the issue posting. The fact that it wasn't the entire issue is a moot point. If it's a feat for a respect thread purposes, that's one thing. But entirely another just to share it with anyone who wants to read it.

Thanks.

Originally posted by tjcoady
I've read classic Stormwatch... Winter's absorbing abilities make him A LOT stronger than you'd expect from just some crazy Russian character....

It's just tough as a major early Ellis work fanboy and a major Legion fanboy to know what to expect in that battle. I mean, Justice League versus the Authority you know is going to be just over the top and ridiculous... Gen 13 versus the Titans is the same. But Stormwatch and the Legion? I have nooooooo idea what to expect. I mean, this looks like it's set in the most recent day Wildstorm universe, so it's post-Bendix Stormwatch... so I don't have a clue what to expect from them. The other match ups I have some ideas as to whats going to happen (especially because Giffen happens to write Midnighter and is a big fan of the Authority)... but I could not be more excited to see all of those insane legionnaires go up against the fabulous 90ed-out Stormwatch members.

Plus, it's pretty much impossible to dislike Alan Scott. And as a major fan of Simone's "Welcome to Tranquility" I'm real excited to see what Giffen is going to make of the senior JSA members and all of those wonderful nostalgic Tranquility citizens.

God, this is a great time to be a Wildstorm fanboy. The only way this could be better would be if Tao was up against Luthor or something.

Agreed. It's a good time to be a WS fan. Though it's not certain Authority will be facing the Justice League...though I realize that's what everyone suspects.

SevenShackles
does this crossover effect personalities? titans went full out offensive right off the bat and for some reasons superman is molesting WS children...

Ricardo Potter
lol

Digi do you think Apollo is going to square off against Supes maybe?

DigiMark007
does this crossover effect personalities? titans went full out offensive right off the bat and for some reasons superman is molesting WS children...

Obviously there's an explanation behind it. We just don't know it yet. Mind control, misunderstanding of facts, thinking this world isn't real, Superman is actually a child molester....all legitimate possibilities.

In an interview before DW, one of the writers said it followed the classic "fight amongst each other then team up" format, but they wanted to make the initial conflict seem more legitimate, rather than just "Crap! Another team! Let's attack each other before sorting things out rationally!"

Originally posted by Ricardo Potter
lol

Digi do you think Apollo is going to square off against Supes maybe?

Hope so. It would certainly help his cred to hang with the big guy for a while, even though he'd obviously have to lose eventually. Personally, if I were writing it I'd just have Doctor make him look silly or something (Superman with double-D's anyone?? laughing out loud ).

Ricardo Potter
That would be nice to see.

batdude123
Hope so. It would certainly help his cred to hang with the big guy for a while, even though he'd obviously have to lose eventually. Personally, if I were writing it I'd just have Doctor make him look silly or something (Superman with double-D's anyone?? laughing out loud ).

Supergirl?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by batdude123
Supergirl?

I was thinking more costume-rip into a Power Girl look. But meh.

Ricardo Potter
You are a sexy bastard. no expression

Cerpin Taxt
I was thinking more costume-rip into a Power Girl look. But meh.

http://i12.tinypic.com/4kf2nhk.gif

Disappear
what's up with winter? last i heard he was powering the sun in some tech prison the engineer whipped up. is it the same guy, different guy, different time, or what?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Disappear
what's up with winter? last i heard he was powering the sun in some tech prison the engineer whipped up. is it the same guy, different guy, different time, or what?

The Doctor (Habib) found a way to release his spirit from the sun, and transferred it into a new body that he created for him based on his DNA records with Stormwatch.

It happened in a "Stormwatch: Post Human Division" comic, so if you just follow Authority some people are unaware of it.

The entire feat will be posted when I update the Authority's respect thread in a couple weeks.

Cartesian Doubt
So not much happened, but I was really just giggling like girl as I read through the first issue. No clue how they'll wrap up so many teams and locations in six issues, but meh. At least the Authority got off to a decent start, and Flash only lost Majestic chasing him by phasing through the floor. A decent showing for WS.

I like that there's two artists though. I think one is doing DC characters and the other is doing WS. So far I haven't seen anything objectionable.

Sorry who phased through the wall ?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
Sorry who phased through the wall ?

Bart.

CaptainStoic
Bart.

Yep it was pretty cool to see just how fast Majestic was, he was actually gaining on Bart, and looked as if he was going to catch him. This story seems to be moving in the right direction, I just hope the intensity picks up a little.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Yep it was pretty cool to see just how fast Majestic was, he was actually gaining on Bart, and looked as if he was going to catch him. This story seems to be moving in the right direction, I just hope the intensity picks up a little.

Yeah, in a straight speed race, technically all of the FTL fliers should be > Flash. But it's in reaction time that Flash obviously has anyone else beat.

CaptainStoic
That's prety weird Digi, and this is not to make this into a versus thing, but the Runner is as fast as the Surfer if not faster whille moving in a straight line... I may be wrong though. Does that make him faster than Bart?

Arcarsenal
It was Kid Flash Bart. Majestic should be faster.

DigiMark007
Flash's max out at lightspeed, right? So most cosmic fliers are >> that. Hell, Thor has done 3x the speed of light in a straight line.

I thought the only place Flash had the edge was reaction times.

Arcarsenal
Wally and adult Bart can go faster than light. Barry can too if you use his crazy Silver Age stuff.

But you're right. Outside of those 3, the Flash family is nothing special outside of their reaction times.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Arcarsenal
Wally and adult Bart can go faster than light. Barry can too if you use his crazy Silver Age stuff.

But you're right. Outside of those 3, the Flash family is nothing special outside of their reaction times.

Except for KC Flash right?

Arcarsenal
KC Flash is just Wally.

Zeitgeist
Besides, there are more non-canon Flashes than KC, so why designate him to stand with the standard DC Flashes?

Also... I thought Impulse or Kid Flash (forget who) had a > lightspeed feat/quote... mmm

Arcarsenal
He read every book in the San Francisco library in 20 minutes which I would imagine is a faster than light feat.

I'd guess you can find faster than light feats for all of them but *officially* they're only capable of 99% of light speed.

Superherovandal
They've almost all gone faster than lightspeed before except Jay.

Zeitgeist
He read every book in the San Francisco library in 20 minutes which I would imagine is a faster than light feat.

I'd guess you can find faster than light feats for all of them but *officially* they're only capable of 99% of light speed. I was thinking more of this.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/p03.jpg

Impulse- "speeds far greater than the speed of light"

Juntai

But you're right. Outside of those 3, the Flash family is nothing special outside of their reaction times. And the speedforce powers, you mean?
They can conjure up replicas of almost any power and just say the speedforce did it.

Juntai
Originally posted by Superherovandal
They've almost all gone faster than lightspeed before except Jay. Jay has as well, and more than once. Just not under his own power completely.

-K-M-
Uh oh Digi is going to flip, the Atom one-shots the Doctor, man DC is walking all over Wildstorm in this issue

Arcarsenal
Superman one hit KO'd Majestic no expression

starlock
i dont think i wanna be around when digi reads this eek!

DigiMark007
Heh. You guys are missing the obvious.

First, we find out that DC had ALL the prep for this mini-series. Wildstorm had none. Let's keep that in mind. Hell, Batman brought along his anti-herald spray to take out Spartan ( roll eyes (sarcastic) ).

Second, they got the jump on the Doctor. If you'll notice, they teleported in to those locations, so there was no time to react. Sans a battle-minded thought, Doctor's no more powerful than you or I. Seems Jenny's being written down a bit (she seems incapable of anything but a couple lightning attacks thus far), but that's understandable. She hasn't done anything embarassing yet though.

Third...ok, the Majestic thing was sh*t. Screw them for that. Same with Apollo. Did an inert lasso knock him out? We don't even see it.

Fourth, first blood goes to Wildstorm. Ollie dies at the hands (or foot, rather) of Mn'er. Take that Batkick!

Fifth, it's only issue #2. Payback's a b*tch, friends, and it will most certainly come.

Mr. Slippyfist
Same with Apollo. Did an inert lasso knock him out? We don't even see it.

No, WW threw the lasso around him, and then started to punch him.

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
No, WW threw the lasso around him, and then started to punch him.
Yeah, she slings him into a wall then it appears WW and MM both punch him.

HueyFreeman
no suprise from the issue though Majestic one shot ko pissed me off.

DigiMark007
Yeah, she slings him into a wall then it appears WW and MM both punch him.

So long as it took 2.

shifty

Anyway, Majestic's the only big gripe of the issue that WS fans (or anyone) can complain about. Like I said, lopsided prep for DC and an inevitable counter-punch in a couple issue make it ok that DC "won" issue 2.

Mr. Slippyfist
It also appears that this thing isn't canon.

Majestic didn't seem to have the foggiest idea who Superman was. Plus, it was a cheap punch... srug

Deathstroke
And also *inserts excuse to make Wildstorm fans feel better*

shifty

DigiMark007
And also *inserts excuse to make Wildstorm fans feel better*

shifty

Pffft! Did you see my explanation on the last page. I'm actually excited it was a DC beatdown this issue. Now, if I don't get retribution in the next few issues, there'll be some hell to pay. But in the meantime I'm biding my time. And as only a semi-Majestros fan, I can take that slight a bit better. Just so long as the Authority doesn't job anymore.

We gotta remember, this IS Superman in a crossover. His jobber aura extends to epic levels to avoid cross-company embarassment.

Deathstroke
Pffft! Did you see my explanation on the last page. I'm actually excited it was a DC beatdown this issue. Now, if I don't get retribution in the next few issues, there'll be some hell to pay. But in the meantime I'm biding my time. And as only a semi-Majestros fan, I can take that slight a bit better. Just so long as the Authority doesn't job anymore.

We gotta remember, this IS Superman in a crossover. His jobber aura extends to epic levels to avoid cross-company embarassment.
It's cool. I was just joshin ya. big grin

I'd actually like to see WS get some payback too.

DigiMark007
It's cool. I was just joshin ya. big grin

I'd actually like to see WS get some payback too.

Yeah, as much as I'm trying to play it cool here, the first words out of my mouth after reading it were "Well sh*t. They better get payback, or this will be the worst thing ever."

It's entirely possible that whatever "real" evil is behind all this (in the cliche "heroes fight each other, then team-up" format) will reveal itself and WS won't actually get retribution. That's my biggest concern.

Fanboy
Anybody have some actual scans of it and I know Mr. Majestic didn't get knocked out that easily.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Fanboy
Anybody have some actual scans of it and I know Mr. Majestic didn't get knocked out that easily.

Unfortunately, he pretty much does. I don't remember any other blows that he took. Flash bull-rushed him but got taken out quickly, and GL had him in construct-shackles when Kal punched him. But it was definitely just one punch.

starlock
Originally posted by Fanboy

Its not as bad as it seems... Majestic was being held by a green lantern construct, he was immobile and had no way of rolling with the punch....so it is what it is wink

starlock
Unfortunately, he pretty much does. I don't remember any other blows that he took. Flash bull-rushed him but got taken out quickly, and GL had him in construct-shackles when Kal punched him. But it was definitely just one punch.

I would still say its easier to k.o someone who cant move and is immobile shifty

Erik-Lensherr

The funny thing is that came right after Majestic seemed to punch Superman hard without any lasting effect on him, only so that Superman would go on and knock him out with one punch.

Arcarsenal
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
The funny thing is that came right after Majestic seemed to punch Superman hard without any lasting effect on him, only so that Superman would go on and knock him out with one punch.
Ditto.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4723/dcws020xz3.th.jpg http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/9669/dcws021rr9.th.jpg

SevenShackles
this is getting interesting... throw-down in the retirement home lol.
if there is a villain behind this who do you think it is? DC? WS? who has the power to do something like this?

if you take it at face value could be a alternate Universe of DC's Heroes.. like 'earth-3867876' for example where the heroes are a little colder, taking action into another universe is okay and having sex with children is not only legal but widly accepted/practiced.

the roster isa tad confusing. i cant catch what timeline who is from. but i find the reaction to ollie getting killed kinda cold... then again if i was on a team with him id act the same for the most part. glad to see him die =P

DigiMark007
this is getting interesting... throw-down in the retirement home lol.
if there is a villain behind this who do you think it is? DC? WS? who has the power to do something like this?

if you take it at face value could be a alternate Universe of DC's Heroes.. like 'earth-3867876' for example where the heroes are a little colder, taking action into another universe is okay and having sex with children is not only legal but widly accepted/practiced.

the roster isa tad confusing. i cant catch what timeline who is from. but i find the reaction to ollie getting killed kinda cold... then again if i was on a team with him id act the same for the most part. glad to see him die =P

There's only 52 universes. Realistically, that could be the case, but it's exceedingly unlikely.

From a story standpoint, it makes sense that the villain might be from WS, since it's WS being trashed by the invading DC forces. What better way to remove the competition than have an invading universe of heroes do it.

The reaction to killing from the DC heroes was surprisingly accepting (except for Bouncing Boy), so it's likely some sort of mind/emotional control. Eclipso comes to mind, but I doubt that's it.

Juntai
There's only 52 universes. Realistically, that could be the case, but it's exceedingly unlikely.

From a story standpoint, it makes sense that the villain might be from WS, since it's WS being trashed by the invading DC forces. What better way to remove the competition than have an invading universe of heroes do it.

The reaction to killing from the DC heroes was surprisingly accepting (except for Bouncing Boy), so it's likely some sort of mind/emotional control. Eclipso comes to mind, but I doubt that's it. http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/rip_worldexplain1.jpg

Scoobless
We gotta remember, this IS Superman in a crossover....

Is it? The JLA seems to be acting completely out of character, attacking with little or no speech/warning and not caring that Green Arrow gets his neck broken.

Either it's not actually the League or something about the WS-Verse causes them all to act like dicks.Originally posted by SevenShackles
the roster isa tad confusing. i cant catch what timeline who is from.

On both sides. Majestic is supposed to be dead ... and he stopped wearing the big forearm things and shoulder pads a long time ago.

Is the Kid Flash on the Titans supposed to be Bart or a Young Wally ... if it is a young Wally is the Flash on the JLA Barry?

Scoobless
no expression

totally meant to do that.

shifty

Arcarsenal
Majestic is supposed to be dead?

Scoobless
He died in the last issue of his own title ... but it was also a weird time loop that ended back at the start of the first issue.

Raoul
I just read both issues... w.t.f.

Juntai
I didn't see the issue at the LCS. sad sad sad
Hopefully I'll manage across one next time I go in, because I already have the first.

Symmetric Chaos
I bet it's someone named Chimera doing it.

manjaro
i can understand the holier than thou stance...cuz the authoirty are stone killers, and the rest of the meta community isnt far behind but i dont get the JLA and titnas savagery......Mind Control FTW!!

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Juntai
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/rip_worldexplain1.jpg

Oh, I'm not getting lost in continuity and missing the story. I was just responding to the theory that was posited about a different earth.

Originally posted by Scoobless
Is it? The JLA seems to be acting completely out of character, attacking with little or no speech/warning and not caring that Green Arrow gets his neck broken.

Either it's not actually the League or something about the WS-Verse causes them all to act like dicks.

On both sides. Majestic is supposed to be dead ... and he stopped wearing the big forearm things and shoulder pads a long time ago.

Is the Kid Flash on the Titans supposed to be Bart or a Young Wally ... if it is a young Wally is the Flash on the JLA Barry?

As far as I know, this whole mini is taking place outside continuity for either universe, so they pretty much have free reign to pick and choose characters from different eras. Ollie's death seemed to confirm this. No way they'd kill off someone in a corssover, especially when it doesn't make sense with regular continuity. Also, I'm pretty sure it's Bart/Wally. Barry would be pushing it in terms of ripping someone from a different timeline....no one seems that removed from their current persona.

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I bet it's someone named Chimera doing it.

Clearly, though it's an obvious cover for something/someone.

Mr. Slippyfist
Oh ya...

"We've got a casualty."

"Go on."

"Ollie. Broken Neck"

"Unfortunate."

"Our next move?"

laughing out loud

Not that that wouldn't happen in continuity if GA died... but still... that's cold.

Thorion
Ok, I'm confused.

So, this is definitely out of continuity for both Wildstorm and DC?

Scoobless
Seems to be.

CaptainStoic
Is Ollie dead in the DC continuity? If so that really bites, I really liked GA.

Endrict Nuul
How did Batman knock out Spartan with sleeping gas if he's a android?

Charlotte DeBel
How can Batman knock out Spartan with sleeping gas if he's a android?

I was also surprised. It seems they're facing Silver Age JLA- thus pre-crisis Supes, pre-crisis Bat and pre-crisis stupidness.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
I was also surprised. It seems they're facing Silver Age JLA- thus pre-crisis Supes, pre-crisis Bat and pre-crisis stupidness.

That's cheating PC vs WS but how did sleeping gas have a effect someone who can't smell? that's bad writing. I didn't mind JLA winning the first fight because Bruce was probably on prep for their attack. But WS better kick ass next round.

I will continue this series but I don't have interest in it anymore.

superchron
I doubt they are truly using the JLA at their Pre-Crisis power-levels

DigiMark007
That's cheating PC vs WS but how did sleeping gas have a effect someone who can't smell?

An excellent question. But crossovers are about money, and getting mainstream exposure for lesser-known characters. The writer clearly knows more about DC, and isn't afraid to let DC walk over them. Even if WS gets payback, you can bet none of DC's money-makers will look foolish like Spartan and Majestic did.

Endrict Nuul
An excellent question. But crossovers are about money, and getting mainstream exposure for lesser-known characters. The writer clearly knows more about DC, and isn't afraid to let DC walk over them. Even if WS gets payback, you can bet none of DC's money-makers will look foolish like Spartan and Majestic did.

And that's why I shake my head in shame at this series.

Scoobless

Well it was a sneak attack by unknown forces (which confirms the out of continuity nature of the story as Majestic has worked with Superman before)

Even a fairly tame masters of Evil were able to overrun Avengers Mansion using a sneak attack.

I kinda hope Apollo gets to kick Superman around for a couple of panels before he gets owned.

SevenShackles
so far its kinda letting me down. i hope it plays out abit better than it started. how many issues will there be to this?

Endrict Nuul
so far its kinda letting me down. i hope it plays out abit better than it started. how many issues will there be to this?

Cartesian Doubt

He's pretty good writer on the whole. Well if you you're into the likes of Annihilation, JLI and 52. Of course he was one of the main writers on countdown, also.

Endrict Nuul
He's pretty good writer on the whole. Well if you you're into the likes of Annihilation, JLI and 52. Of course he was one of the main writers on countdown, also.

But not to WS...

SevenShackles

hummm... personaly id kill off all the DC heroes leading to the final clash between WS and whoever is behind it and maybe the legion.. who for all we know are behind it..

id read that.

DigiMark007

I wasn't faulting the writing itself, just the inaccurate portrayal of the WS characters. Gassing a robot ftw!

SevenShackles
maybe brainy is evil, or someone else completely. someones evil damnit.

Disappear
the "chimera" character was referred to by the league as chimera, and by the legion as chimera lad. he seems to be the driving force behind getting the DCers to go after the WSers, and alan scott seemed to imply that the WSers weren't to know about chimera's influence. "need to know. as in, you don't," or whatever was said.

maybe the gas was nano-technology that corrupted spartan's robo-parts?

Thorion
Could this be the same Chimera we saw in The Monarchy?

Juntai
I wasn't faulting the writing itself, just the inaccurate portrayal of the WS characters. Gassing a robot ftw! Well Giffen writes for Wildstorm, so I'd hope he has an understanding of the characters.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Thorion
Could this be the same Chimera we saw in The Monarchy?

The Monarchy? As in, Bullets Over Babylon? I thought I was the only person in the world to read that arc. Can't say I remember a Chimera, though, but it's been a while.

Thorion
The Monarchy? As in, Bullets Over Babylon? I thought I was the only person in the world to read that arc. Can't say I remember a Chimera, though, but it's been a while.

Heh. Yeah, that Monarchy. Chimaera was the empire of Authorities. They did kill the Higher Power, but they may have come back. They could possibly be manipulating the DC-ers.

Scoobless
The name/word "Chimera" is way overused in sci-fi (and fiction)

Writers are just to lazy/useless to come up with their own names.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Thorion
Heh. Yeah, that Monarchy. Chimaera was the empire of Authorities. They did kill the Higher Power, but they may have come back. They could possibly be manipulating the DC-ers.

Ah.

Doubtful, but funny to think about. Everything about the Monarchy pretty much got buried after it tanked 5-6 issues into its run. Jackson King is pretty much the only character involved ever to be heard from again in a WS comic.

DigiMark007
So what did we learn:

1. According to DW, Hawksmoor's punches > Majestic's punches. Neither of which can take out Superman. Seriously, though, I was a bit surprised (pleasantly surprised, though) to see that Kal didn't punk Jack, even in a city.

2. I thought Morrison was writing Batman R.I.P. ...lulz. But the Batman v. Zealot fight was actually pretty sweet, and I thought it was also relatively accurate. Bats is arguably more skilled, but Zealot is far enough beyond peak human (and also decently skilled) that she should be able to pull off a H2H win.

3. Bullets > Dr. Fate. I lol'd at this. Hopefully it's some newbish Dr. Fate. Otherwise, DC just had their first **** moment like WS fans did last issue with Majestic.

Scoobless
So what did we learn:

1. According to DW, Hawksmoor's punches > Majestic's punches. Neither of which can take out Superman. Seriously, though, I was a bit surprised (pleasantly surprised, though) to see that Kal didn't punk Jack, even in a city.

2. I thought Morrison was writing Batman R.I.P. ...lulz. But the Batman v. Zealot fight was actually pretty sweet, and I thought it was also relatively accurate. Bats is arguably more skilled, but Zealot is far enough beyond peak human (and also decently skilled) that she should be able to pull off a H2H win.

3. Bullets > Dr. Fate. I lol'd at this. Hopefully it's some newbish Dr. Fate. Otherwise, DC just had their first **** moment like WS fans did last issue with Majestic.

I disagree with part of that Just because Superman said he felt the punch doesn't mean that it was harder than Majestic's punch

Scan from Dreamwar #3 .... so don't read if you don't want spoilers.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7003/12919429sj0.jpg

Also, isn't Fate just a human with magical powers (like Dr Strange) if taken by surprise (especially while being mind controlled) it seem possible for him to be shot down.

DigiMark007
Agreed Scoob. I just made the Hawksmoor comment to make fun of Majestic. Jack also kicks Kal later when the Bats/Zealot fight is taking place. He held his own, shockingly enough.

And somehow I thought Fate had base-level durability beyond human. I think it depends on which person is Fate.

Scoobless
And somehow I thought Fate had base-level durability beyond human. I think it depends on which person is Fate.

I actually don't know if he does or doesn't, I'm just assuming ... mainly because I thought all the power was in the helmet.

DigiMark007
I actually don't know if he does or doesn't, I'm just assuming ... mainly because I thought all the power was in the helmet.

It's hard to keep it straight, since there's been more than one person to wear the helmet. I follow JSA, which he's occasionally a part of, but can't pretend to know the details. Hector Hall's the only one I've read any amount of. At least one of them had regular durability beyond human, though I guess it's not PIS if it wasn't that one.

Raoul
have to say i liked this issue, and lol @ bruce, great fights though...

and i really dig the art...

Premutos
So what did we learn:

I was pleasantly surprised too, but I don't really think that anything that happens in that mini counts as canon. Even thought I'd LOVE the Zealot vs Batman fight to be canon, especially the outcome. evil face

manjaro
i cant believe i was so stupid to not see it..... that is the significance of it being named "dream war"... im guessing its that kid who is sleeping in that trailor park thats cusaing all this nonsense... then after it wraps no one will remember anything, plus the fact that a few well knowns have died im just going out on a limb and assume thats its not canon...so i'll just enjoy it for what it is at the momoent

DigiMark007
It was said to be non-canon from the start. Doesn't mean we shouldn't expect decently accurate feats, but yeah it doesn't count.

Fun stuff though. I like it.

Scoobless
It could still be canon, everyone is in this kids dream and when they die they only die in that dream, but they are still representations of the original characters psyches and abilities .... maybe.

Deathstroke
Bats/Zealot was really cool, but my favorite part was the Batman gun. That was total awesomeness.

Eel O'Brian
LOL at Jenny just standing there with her glowing hands... ermm

srankmissingnin
About time Grifter showed up. I was really hoping he'd throw down with Batman somewhere in this crossover... but that ship has sailed to say the least. sad

DigiMark007
It could still be canon, everyone is in this kids dream and when they die they only die in that dream, but they are still representations of the original characters psyches and abilities .... maybe.

True. The story could be canon, but the feats aren't.

Originally posted by Eel O'Brian
LOL at Jenny just standing there with her glowing hands... ermm

lulz. I noticed that too. But I guess it didn't stand out to me too much...as an Authority fan, you get used to writers PIS'ing Jenny and Doctor out of the fight. I almost expect it to happen anymore. If they were allowed to let loose and the kid dreamed them at the correct power levels, this crossover would be over by now.

Disappear

but in the first issue we see superman standing ominously over the sleeping kid, saying "never again.". i think it'd have to be more than a dream to warrant that, especially with the subtle implication that superman was going to kill the kid.

Soljer
but in the first issue we see superman standing ominously over the sleeping kid, saying "never again.". i think it'd have to be more than a dream to warrant that, especially with the subtle implication that superman was going to kill the kid.

Maybe that scene was actually the END of the story, and they fixed the kid, so that he never dreams them into hell again?

Deathstroke
lulz. I noticed that too. But I guess it didn't stand out to me too much...as an Authority fan, you get used to writers PIS'ing Jenny and Doctor out of the fight. I almost expect it to happen anymore. If they were allowed to let loose and the kid dreamed them at the correct power levels, this crossover would be over by now.
What's the deal with Jenny? I don't think I've ever actually read a comic with her in it (other than the ones that WS fans gripe about because she doesn't do anything). What are some of her fanciest feats and such?

Disappear
Maybe that scene was actually the END of the story, and they fixed the kid, so that he never dreams them into hell again?

i assumed as much, but superman's presence there with the kid implies that it was more than a "just a dream" story. it must've actually happened.

Soljer
i assumed as much, but superman's presence there with the kid implies that it was more than a "just a dream" story. it must've actually happened.

But it was still 'just a dream.'

Like, the kid manipulated reality to take them there. Franklin Richards-esque.

Eel O'Brian
He died in the last issue of his own title ... but it was also a weird time loop that ended back at the start of the first issue. In the last issue, he prevented the Daemonites taking over the earth. Past-Majestros will go ahead and rescue everybody from the world-kidnapping ship, and will find everything returned to normal when the ship puts them back. There will no longer be the one year absence of Majestros that allowed the Daemonites to take over, because Future-Majestros spent his last few minutes defeating Helspont.

At least, the way I figure it.

So Majestros isn't dead. Half of his series, however, is canon to everybody but him (but technically are still feats for him, since he did them... and then undid them with a time loop).

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>