3 lightsabers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
In Jedi when Vader is tuanting look who is hiding, Vader has Lukes saber in his hand but then seconds later Luke attacks Vader with it.What a Jedi Luke was!!!!!

UnknownBountyHunter
Good point.

Xizor
I have a slightly off topic question about lightsabers. In ANH the saber luke gets from his father appears to be a green/white color. Watch as he's swinging it on the falcon. It's definatly NOT the same color as the sky blue one he wields in Empire. This baffled me even as a kid, it's quite an obvious flaw to anyone who watches the trilogy straight through. I figured Lucas might fix it in the Special Edition but the footage is the same. Does anyone have an answer for me?

Xizor
It's been 2 weeks, someone help me with my question.

UnknownBountyHunter
Maybe Chewbacca felt his voice was a little hoarse of course of coarse.

Xizor
UBH, don't tell me MY responses are off topicsmile

UnknownBountyHunter
My head isn't always into it when I post certain things. Its summer (hint hint)

Xizor
Remember my comment about meats and cheeses...smile

darth stu
hey xizor, i'm not sure i remember this correctly, but i'll give it a go. It seems i remember reading/hearing that the sabers in ANH were actually glass tubes (not unlike the neon lights in the ceiling). the colors in V and VI are much more vibrant than in IV because of the computer images. I even seem to recall that during the lightsaber fight between ben and vader that they had to be careful not to hit too hard because they shattered the saber blades.

as far as why this wasn't fixed in the special edition, no idea.

cheers

Darth Heinous
Looks like the coloring is off a little bit.

Darth Daft
Anyone noticed that sometimes the lightsabres don't appear to have any colour at all? Sometimes they just look plain white.

theEviljedi
Yeah,like when Luke first turns on Anakin's lightsaber.

Darth Daft
Shall I tell you whats a really cool thing to do? On the lightsabre duel between Obi-Wan and Darth Maul pause it and move it a frame at a time. It's really cool as everytime they clash their lightsabres you can see a massive flash of light blast from the strikes. This sounds so pathetic, but me and my buddy watched it and tried to learn all the moves. I was forced to be Darth Maul.
Just thought I'd share that with you all.

theEviljedi
How old are you again?Ten?I'm just playing with you.

Darth Daft
Heh heh, I don't blame ya for taking the mik out of me (do you use that term in USA? It means making fun of). Still, can you honestly admit that you've never got an item of some kind and pretended it were a lightsabre?

theEviljedi
Guilty.Last year after a Mardi Gras Parade,I got a Indian Bow and pretended it was Maul's when I got home.That is until I hit the fan and broke it.laughing out loud

Darth Daft
Heh heh, I have something even more utterly stupid to tell you. My and three of my friends decided to make a spoof of Episode 1 and we actually filmed it on camcorder. As my name is Jim I was called Qui-Gon Jim. My friend Matt was called Obi-Matt Shinobi and my friend Nick played Anakin, who was actually called Anna-and-the-King. Jar Jar carried a little guitar around with him and sang songs all the time, while Queen Amidala was just played by all of us (we kept swapping round parts). It was rather fun and we coreographed our own lightsabre duels. One duel was actually just a game of swingball. laughing out loud . Now you lot can see what a childish pathetic loser I am. smile

theEviljedi
I'm not that pathetic.laughing out loud

Darth Daft
I'm sure you're not. But then I am English. We're pretty crazy over here. rolling on floor laughing

theEviljedi
You just love those emoticons.

Darth Daft
No of course I don't. wink laughing out loud

theEviljedi
:/

Darth Daft
evil face

theEviljedi
rolling on floor laughing I like this one too.

Darth Daft
Geez we're wasting time. I'm going to bed now. Goodnight.

theEviljedi
Noooooooo.At least go to the Q and A forum before you leave.

Darth Daft
I just went there and made a few questions.

Darth Heinous
I thought the lightsabers were metal and colored over with computer imaging.

Darth Daft
One of the "Ask the Jedi Council" questions on the Official Star Wars Site was to do with how they added on the lightsabre blade with computer. There was about three different stages of overlaying the image or something. I have no idea.

umraan
very good point

TheElectricFox
you people are freakin idiots, Vader never had lukes saber at all, well maybe in you special pos scottish version

Red Superfly
Eh?

Vader never took Luke's saber. Luke had it in his hand when he fell from the gantry, he never dropped it.

As for the lightsabers, in ANH they used special reflective stuff that was originally going to glow on set. It didn't turn out too great, so they replaced it with after touch effects. Thats why some of them appear to be white in certain scenes. On the DVDs, this has been fixed (kinda).

When it came to ESB, they just gave the actors sticks that they'd later paint (and is how theyve been doing it ever since), thats why they looks slightly different.

TheElectricFox
They still need to make a "unified saber" color system, because it makes me mad that the sabers vary in color in all 6 movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.