Resistance 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Micheal_Myers
Well, I couldnt help but notice that there isnt a thread on this yet. It is due out Fall 2008. 60 player online battles and 8 Player online co-op are both features that are being highlighted as of now. Post your thoughts or any news that you come across.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/845/845049p1.html

Blax_Hydralisk
If I were to get a PS3 for any reason, it'd be the bad ass multiplayer.

60-players, for a console, is just too awesome.

Furion
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
60 player online battles60 player online battles60 player online battles60 player online battles60 player online battles60 player online battles60 player online battles60 player online battles60 player online battles
droolio droolio droolio

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
If I were to get a PS3 for any reason, it'd be the bad ass multiplayer.

60-players, for a console, is just too awesome.

Considering sony is losing all of their exclusives. You may not have to get one

WrathfulDwarf
Another shooter? No, thanks...I got plenty. Besides I don't have a PS3 so meh.

Furion
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Considering sony is losing all of their exclusives. You may not have to get one
Has Insomniac ever had a game on Xbox? They seem pretty PS3 loyal to me.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Furion
Has Insomniac ever had a game on Xbox? They seem pretty PS3 loyal to me.

Not to my recollection, but i really wouldnt be surprised to hear that Sony's big three, metal gear, final fantasy and resistance ended up porting over to enemy territory. As far as i know, the rumor of metal Gear releasing on the 360 after the PS3 release is still just a rumor, but from what i last read. Final Fantasy XIII is seriously being considered for multi-platforms. Sony already lost Ace combat, devil may cry, Dynasty Warriors, Armored Core and Grand Theft Auto Exclusives. When Microsoft has monster exclusives such as dead rising, Halo Crackdown, Gears of war, PGR and Bioshock. It only becomes a matter of time before the game developers of the sony exclusives are forced to go multi-platform to make up for the competition. Resident evil 5 is going to release simultaneously on 360 and PS3. How long will it be until we see resistance and metal gear on 360?

Impediment
I liked the first one, so I'll probably end up getting yet another shooter.

Furion
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Not to my recollection, but i really wouldnt be surprised to hear that Sony's big three, metal gear, final fantasy and resistance ended up porting over to enemy territory. As far as i know, the rumor of metal Gear releasing on the 360 after the PS3 release is still just a rumor, but from what i last read. Final Fantasy XIII is seriously being considered for multi-platforms. Sony already lost Ace combat, devil may cry, Dynasty Warriors, Armored Core and Grand Theft Auto Exclusives. When Microsoft has monster exclusives such as dead rising, Halo Crackdown, Gears of war, PGR and Bioshock. It only becomes a matter of time before the game developers of the sony exclusives are forced to go multi-platform to make up for the competition. Resident evil 5 is going to release simultaneously on 360 and PS3. How long will it be until we see resistance and metal gear on 360?
Devil May Cry is made by Capcom. Capcom has no trouble going multi-platform. However, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, and Resistance are all made by companies that haven't put games on Xbox ( that one FF doesn't count because all it was was online.) It could happen, but I don't see it that likely. Plu

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Furion
Devil May Cry is made by Capcom. Capcom has no trouble going multi-platform. However, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, and Resistance are all made by companies that haven't put games on Xbox ( that one FF doesn't count because all it was was online.) It could happen, but I don't see it that likely. Plu

Well, sony was able to keeo devil may cry away from the original Xbox. I'm not sure how much difference it would make for either system to have exclusivity on devil may cry, but Sony keeps losing more heavy hitters than they are gaining. It just seems that developers are apprehensive on signing contracts with sony because its much more difficult to design games on the hardware. I too, doubt that we will see resistance or metal gear on xbox anytime soon. I wouldnt be surprised at all to see a simultaneous release of a Final fantasy or another once exclusive game, port to xbox. I think Sony has one more christmas season to make an impact.

Furion
C'mon FF7 remake.

Zack Fair
Played the Beta and I must say the 60 players lag free multiplayer is fun, chaotic and full of action. I can't wait for this game to come out. I have yet to play the campaign.

With this and GoW2 coming out the same week I don't know what I will do with my time.

Zack Fair
Have any of you seen the building sized add of the Leviathan in California?

Its awesome.

Icy Ninja
Ign gave it a 9.5 I may get this over GoW2 so I can have more games for my ps3

Zack Fair
This game is sweet.

Nemesis X
I still say that Gears 2 is better than Resistance 2 but that won't stop me from buying both big grin

Zack Fair
Depends on what tickles your fancy. However only a moron would choose one over the other if they have the chance to own both.

Nemesis X
Lucky for me I got both a PS3 and 360

Zack Fair
Aye.

Nemesis X
What the heck is with that Leviathan chimera? That thing is so friggin huge, I don't get how the Chimera transported that thing.

Zack Fair
Who knows. I haven't gotten there. Chances are I will piss my pants when I see it.

ragesRemorse
This one looks really good. Resistance 1 was fine and all but i think it received more praise than it deserved simply because it was the first stand-out game on the Ps3. The footage for the sequel looks epic, i can't wait to play it.

Zack Fair
It is actually as fun and epic as it looks.

occultdestroyer
Very good game thumb up
Great buy, more than what I bargained for.

Mairuzu
Seen a few videos, i'll get it

i haven't played the first one yet tho, is that required?

Morridini
GT review: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42470.html

Seems the number of interesting PS3 exclusives just upped with one (making the total 3), looked pretty good, would love to see a 360 port.

Raijin
Sounds like they've fixed the things I really hated about the first one, but the character and environment design still bug the shit out of me.

Might pick this up later.

EvilTyrant
Not sure why so many ppl complain about Resistance 1. The game is great, if you haven't played it from beginning to end then your missing out on alot.

Zack Fair
Resistance 1 was fun, but Resistance 2 is so much better it makes its predecessor crap.

Besides the non-existant story this game is a great sequel.

Menetnashté
Just beat this game surprisingly good. Surprised more people aren't into it, better than Halo anyways. There's just something incredibly fun about mowing down Chimera after Chimera. Only complaint would be lack of variety in guns. Yeah they've got a lot and all but it's based in the 50's and there's only one assault rifle...so bleh.

id369

Nemesis X
Can't believe Nathan died at the end. He turned into a Chimera and Capelli blew his brains out with a pistol. Now how is Resistance 3 gonna happen?

Zack Fair
For ****'s sake use Spoiler Tags.

Nemesis X
To be honest I really don't know how to make a spoiler tag embarrasment

id369
I thought the ending was bad ass. As for the plot, who knows Nathan Hale was badass.

Ryo 666
Just got the game and spoiled. Cheers.

Learned spoilers yet?

Anyway the online looks fun. Primary reason I got it so I can go online with a game.

Zack Fair
What's your PSN Id? Mine is TheSeekerofPower. Lemme know if you wanna do co-op/competitive

Ryo 666
Sure thing I'll add you telling you its me.

Just keep it private from KMC.

Zack Fair
I will, mane.

Ryo 666
Whos Mane? I saw his name around here. Tool?

BTW I suck so don't expect me to be a massive help but I am improving.

Nemesis X
Seriously, how is Resistance 3 gonna happen? Sure the ending was a major cliff hanger but the main character died. Who are we supposed to play as, Capelli? God forbid it.

Smasandian
Prequel.

Or he survives.

This game is much better than the first but the developer needs to learn how to integrate story into the gameplay better. Also, its ****ing annoying near the end where they go, "you thought two Titans was hard, try 3, and then 4".

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Smasandian
Prequel.

Or he survives.

This game is much better than the first but the developer needs to learn how to integrate story into the gameplay better. Also, its ****ing annoying near the end where they go, "you thought two Titans was hard, try 3, and then 4".

You know what was missing in Resistance 2? In Resistance 1, I can drive jeeps, tanks, and walkers but in the sequel, I drive squat.

Smasandian
I didn't miss them.

Those sections in the first game sucked balls. Why does every game need a driving section.

Zack Fair
I agree. Not every FPS needs vehicles. While I don't think the driving parts in the first sucked, they weren't as good as the shooting. I'd rather they not change the pace of the game again.

Ryo 666
I like the game allot, the online is insane. I would like to join a clan TBH. But Campaign is great to, how much more powerful than normal humans is Hale?

Smasandian
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I agree. Not every FPS needs vehicles. While I don't think the driving parts in the first sucked, they weren't as good as the shooting. I'd rather they not change the pace of the game again.

Well suck is a negative word.

How about very similiar?

They reminded me of driving sequences 5 years ago.

Ryo 666
I'm going to pick up 1 I think. For the story alone.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Smasandian
Well suck is a negative word.

How about very similiar?

They reminded me of driving sequences 5 years ago.

You nailed it. I couldn't really express it, but thats exactly how I felt about them. They kind of felt like Halo all over again.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Ryo 666
I'm going to pick up 1 I think. For the story alone.

Meh, the story wasn't too exciting.

I felt they could of learn a few things from Valve or Monolith on how to present stories through gameplay. It felt like a FPS version of a Ratchet and Clank game.

Ryo 666
Hmm. I'll just get it preowned then if I got any money to spare, no point looking for it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.