Sharia law in UK seems 'unavoidable';-Archbishop of Canterbury

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok
The Archbishop of Canterbury says the adoption of certain aspects of Sharia law in the UK "seems unavoidable".

Dr Rowan Williams told Radio 4's World at One that the UK has to "face up to the fact" that some of its citizens do not relate to the British legal system. .

News Link

This is rather disturbing IMO, I personally believe if people want other law systems they should go to a country where that law is practiced.

The wests success in industry and development has been brought about by certain traditional practices, laws and politics. So why should a law system which is practiced in some very unstable, lunatic countries be brought to western countries?

Its a fact that Muslims are on the move throughout the world, having more children so they will eventually become the majority, is a Muslim world inevitable.?

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Bicnarok
The Archbishop of Canterbury says the adoption of certain aspects of Sharia law in the UK "seems unavoidable".

Dr Rowan Williams told Radio 4's World at One that the UK has to "face up to the fact" that some of its citizens do not relate to the British legal system. .

News Link

This is rather disturbing IMO, I personally believe if people want other law systems they should go to a country where that law is practiced.

The wests success in industry and development has been brought about by certain traditional practices, laws and politics. So why should a law system which is practiced in some very unstable, lunatic countries be brought to western countries?

Its a fact that Muslims are on the move throughout the world, having more children so they will eventually become the majority, is a Muslim world inevitable.?

Nope. More people doesnt always mean more influence. Hell there are lots of battles throughout history where the army with significantly less soldiers won.

Nope im not saying this is a war, im just saying that more people doesnt always mean more power.

inimalist
We had a similar issue in Canada recently.

Multi-culturalism has some major drawbacks, one of the biggest being that people take the culture of the majority for granted. Why nobody is as passionate about "freespeech", "women's rights", or "Western style judiciaries" as being staples in a multicultural society, rather than trying to appease small groups with different laws, is beyond my capacity to comprehend.

Amp
They don't like our laws go back to their country with they're laws and see how great they're life is.

WrathfulDwarf

They can have all the soldiers they can get out of their women wombs....we have the nukes and technology.

We'll kick ass in the end. The West roolz!

inimalist
Muslim dictatorships do not practice Sha'ria, lets not give them that wink

Bicnarok
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
They can have all the soldiers they can get out of their women wombs....we have the nukes and technology.

We'll kick ass in the end. The West roolz!

But if they get elected by a Muslim majority, then they have "your" Nukessmile

And on the other hand, are you going to nuke your own cities to kill them?

Violence should be the last resort, start making kids like the catholics do.smile

Fishy
But if they get elected by a Muslim majority, then they have "your" Nukessmile

And on the other hand, are you going to nuke your own cities to kill them?

Violence should be the last resort, start making kids like the catholics do.smile

If there would ever be a Muslim majority in the western world that would want to create a Sharia law then really it would be against the very principles of our democracy's to stop them. I still find it very unlikely that something like that would ever happen though.

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by Fishy
If there would ever be a Muslim majority in the western world that would want to create a Sharia law then really it would be against the very principles of our democracy's to stop them. I still find it very unlikely that something like that would ever happen though.

This is not exactly right. No group of voters can make laws that go against constitutional prescedent- if they try, it is the duty of the Supreme Court to strike such laws down. Laws based solely upon a religious sect are unconstitutional. It would take a complete dismantling of the government- a revolution, for such things to happen here in America.
As for Britain, they are beginning to come around. Not withstanding the comments of the Arch Bishop, Britain (and Europe in general) is finally beginning to understand some of the pitfalls of multiculturalism.
Respect and tolerance for other religions and other cultural norms? Yes, always. Allowing them to override your own, existing cultures and laws?
Never. This is just conquest by other means.

lord xyz

News Link

Its a fact that Muslims are on the move throughout the world, having more children so they will eventually become the majority, is a Muslim world inevitable.? Sharia law should NOT be in the UK. The Archbishop of Canterbury is retarded.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Cap'n Happy
Allowing them to override your own, existing cultures and laws?
Never. This is just conquest by other means.

Starbucks culture though? Hollywood? I hate to recycle the argument about American cultural imperialism, as it's oft taken too far, but there is some truth to it.

What would you expect a country like England to do to get rid of it? Seeing as we are far too subtle in celebrating Great Britain as it is, seems like it's a lost cause to get rid of the multi-cultural attitude now.

Bicnarok

Robtard
Silly Muslims... you don't go into someone's house and demand they cater to you.

If the UK does do it, the Muslim community will expect more in the future, imo. Better get your women used to wearing a burka; it's a shame too, as the UK is loaded with attractive women.

GCG
I prefer Sweden to the UK

lord xyz
Originally posted by GCG
I prefer Sweden to the UK Good thing you didn't say Denmark.

ash007
Most muslims i know are very law abiding, i think its only the minority which are causing a fuss in the community.

We should be governed by British law. I think leaders in the Islamic community should start to speak out more!!! Because the very few are ruining it for them.

ash007
man been a few years, anyone think this post is still relevant ?

Bentley
Pft, anarchy is the solution for UK, just go read V for Vendetta.

jaden101
Originally posted by ash007
man been a few years, anyone think this post is still relevant ?

Not particularly. In the 5 years not a single aspect of Sharia law has been implemented. I still hear the same scaremongering by the far right that sharia law is 'taking over' yet it is still only practiced in a tiny minority of areas by a tiny minority of Muslims in 'courts' that are no different to Jewish Beth Din courts which have operated in the UK for 60 years and haven't 'taken over' English or Scots law (it should be noted they are very different from one another). There is also written into English law that a 3rd party can arbitrate in certain legal matters so long as both parties agree to taking part and the outcome of taking part in either Sharia or Beth Din rulings. If a person doesn't agree with the findings then it has no legal authority and would have to ad taken to an actual court.

no. In the 5 years since the now former archbishop made his claim, sharia is no closer to becoming legally binding than it was in 2008.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.