Is No Country For Old Men a horror movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

arob
In my mind there is no doubt - I totally think the Coen Bros movie No Country for Old Men is most definitely a horror movie. But the Coen brothers and Miramax have not advertised the movie as such... I believe they have indexed this film as an 'action / thriller'.

But its so much a HORROR MOVIE... A smart horror movie. Think about it. The movie has a villain - who is very scary, and a mystery and plenty of creepy suspenseful moments....

Ah... but when was the last time a horror movie won Best Picture at the Academy Awards?

SnakeEyes
This film is most definitely not a horror movie; sorry.

exanda kane
Even if the distribution wanted to sell it as a Horror movie, any film publications would simply rip it apart and take it as it is, a thriller.

Isn't there already a thread on this?

Morning_Glory
I bet there is a thread for this already

but no it's not a horror movie... but it can be suspenseful at times...and its very bloody

I guess anymore when I think of a horror movie I think of those cheesy teen slasher movies... sdlfkj

Mairuzu
lol@horror movie

was an awesome film tho

ragesRemorse
I think the appearance of swamp thing and the the four legged succubus in the second act would qualify this as a horror movie. This is, of course, if either Swamp thing or a four legged succubus appeared in the movie.

Impediment
There is an already existing thread for this film. Use that one.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.