Mace windu vs Malak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Man of Christ
Yall know the 3 areas of combat so i dont need to mention them, but i will provide the scenario.

Setting#1) Mace confronts him on the star forge where he and revan fought

Setting#2) They fight in the geonosian execition arena by themselves

Blue_Hefner
Mace with some difficulty.

Spartan 063
on the Star Forge it could go either way considering the star forge is enpowering him.
also mace and Malak were both expirienced in the blade.
so...
1. either way

2. Mace just because of his Vaapad form.

Gideon
Mace Windu actually has performed some highly impressive Force feats (I don't have my copy of Shatterpoint on hand), so a Star Forge-empowered Malak would be a good fight. But Malak won't win the saber fight. He's outclassed and vulnerable to Vaapad.

darthsith19
I agree with Gideon.

Darth Rogers
Malak on the Star Forge was definately super-charged and he could probably give Mace hell if not defeat him. Malak is a powerful Sith Lord on the same level as Palpatine in Revenge of the Sith, and with a boost he's even stronger.

As far as on Geonosia? Mace could probably beat him in a heated battle. Mace is a very prodigious combatant and no slouch using the force.

Gideon
I would ask you to prove this, but since you can't, it'd likely be a waste of time. confused

Elite Hunter
Plus wouldn't a sf powered malak also help mace due to vapaad in a saber duel? Malak's bast chance imo is with the force but mace could use his saber to block lightning as per with sidious. I think a force stun then followed by a drain or lightning would be his best option to get a victory. But if they do cross blades I don't think I can see Malak walking away from this one.

Darth Rogers
Palpatine doesn't strike me as a sith lord who leads armies into battle or defeats all comers. He just seems like a schemer who set the stage just right and took advantage of jedi idiocy. Malak does seem like a frontline kind of sith lord and he enjoys a good reputation in his era for power. The jedi council on the original game were terrified of him.

Though from what my friend told me the emperor gets a whole lot stronger after the events of the original trilogy.

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Rogers
Palpatine doesn't strike me as a sith lord who leads armies into battle or defeats all comers. He just seems like a schemer who set the stage just right and took advantage of jedi idiocy. Malak does seem like a frontline kind of sith lord and he enjoys a good reputation in his era for power. The jedi council on the original game were terrified of him.

Comparing the respective tactics utilized by Darth Malak and Darth Sidious and deeming one as a "frontline commander" as opposed to the "scheming" aptitude of the other is not conclusive that the commander is more powerful or more skilled. In fact, insisting on such black and white terms is rather foolish since, to be fair, Palpatine's tactics allowed him to conquer the galaxy whereas Malak is merely an aggrandized and total brutish failure. But this is irrelevant.

He does. Not that it matters, since in every incarnation he's been depicted in, he's always been stronger than Darth Malak.

Darth Rogers
I'm not sure how you're so certain but okay. I still think Malak with his height and strength and war experience would break Palpatine in a pitched fight. Not that the emperor can't give it a good shot - he did put up a good fight against Yoda with his sword - but he's old, small, and he was dispatched by Mace Windu rather easily. Mace didn't seem like he was fighting for his life when he casually kicked Palpatine's lightsaber away and won.

Gideon
I'm not sure how you're so certain but okay. I still think Malak with his height and strength and war experience would break Palpatine in a pitched fight. Not that the emperor can't give it a good shot - he did put up a good fight against Yoda with his sword - but he's old, small, and he was dispatched by Mace Windu rather easily. Mace didn't seem like he was fighting for his life when he casually kicked Palpatine's lightsaber away and won.

Height, strength, and war experience are not decisive. You just cited Yoda; he's short, small, old, and would be completely immobile without use of the Force. Yet he's a supremely devastating duelist. Elderly combatants such as Count Dooku and Palpatine can use the Force to enhance reflexes and speed.

Windu's use of Vaapad allowed him to overcome Palpatine.

darthsith19
The fight between Mace and Palpatine was poorly done, IMHO.

Faunus
I don't think Mace could overcome a SF-powered Malak, to be honest.

Lightsnake
It's difficult to tell. Personally, I'd rate Mace well above Malak as the norm. All Malak did in his SF powered form, really, was die to Revan

Darth Sexy
noobaris you are pathetic

darthsith19
Darth Rogers = Nebrais?

Gideon
Originally posted by Faunus
I don't think Mace could overcome a SF-powered Malak, to be honest.

He certainly would in any lightsaber fight. Vaapad allows him to nullify any substantial dark side advantage; it's how he was able to counter Palpatine's speed.

Darth Sexy
It's not obvious? wow..

Darth Rogers
Originally posted by Gideon
Height, strength, and war experience are not decisive. You just cited Yoda; he's short, small, old, and would be completely immobile without use of the Force. Yet he's a supremely devastating duelist. Elderly combatants such as Count Dooku and Palpatine can use the Force to enhance reflexes and speed.

Windu's use of Vaapad allowed him to overcome Palpatine.

Very good points. I was thinking about that same example after I had posted. Really, I guess it boils down to a mix of experience, raw skill, and force ability (aided or otherwise).

Erm, who? I have only ever used another handle: Bucko Rogers.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
It's not obvious? wow..
I didn't read all of his posts, so no, it's not obvious.

Tangible God
It's not him, Noobaris isn't so civilized.

Darth Sexy
Oh trust me, it's him..

Darth Rogers
Eh, no, I'm not 'Him'. If this is how you greet all the new members of this forum, it's a wonder anyone stays.

Quark_666
Oh trust me, it's him..

Yeah, trust Darth Sexy no expression

Eh, no, I'm not 'Him'. If this is how you greet all the new members of this forum, it's a wonder anyone stays.

Nobody who is anybody does. They just visit every couple of months. Come to the General Discussion Forum as soon as you realize I'm right.

darthsith19
Oh trust me, it's him..
I don't think so, care to post a link to the posts of his that show he is Nebrais?

Captain REX
I have no reason to believe he is Nebaris, so don't treat him as such.

Not to mention that Nebaris would not even stop to consider anything Gideon says, as Rogers just did.

So leave him be and carry on.

No verdict for this duel from me.

Darth Exodus
The Witch hunt begins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.