The Final Answer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rodgort
For those who remember, I've made two threads explaining my situation right now. One about my grandfather, the other about my parents. This third and final thread explains the full truth of what's been happening now.

To start, about my grandfather, I mentioned he had cancer for 18 months and he was scheduled to pass soon. Well, he did. A week ago last Monday, my dad came to me at 10pm and told me he passed away at 2pm Central, which is 3pm Eastern for me. However, he passed away two days earlier than expected. There was nothing I could do. We were hundreds of miles apart, so I wasn't there for him.

To end, my parents are really going through with a divorce. I found a sticky note in my mom's wallet with a divorce lawyer's name, and she plans to move back to Canada, this time however in Vancouver. I'd rather stay with my dad, however, it will take about 3-4 years for our permenant residancy to get going.

My life has been a total sh*t hole right now, and I don't know what to do. No, I'm not going to kill myself or turn emo over this, but right now I'm under a lot of pressure and I could use some advice.

McLovin
Sorry to hear that shit man.

Parents suck.

Chill with your friends and take some time out for you man.

Dgw2007
Originally posted by Rodgort
For those who remember, I've made two threads explaining my situation right now. One about my grandfather, the other about my parents. This third and final thread explains the full truth of what's been happening now.

To start, about my grandfather, I mentioned he had cancer for 18 months and he was scheduled to pass soon. Well, he did. A week ago last Monday, my dad came to me at 10pm and told me he passed away at 2pm Central, which is 3pm Eastern for me. However, he passed away two days earlier than expected. There was nothing I could do. We were hundreds of miles apart, so I wasn't there for him.

To end, my parents are really going through with a divorce. I found a sticky note in my mom's wallet with a divorce lawyer's name, and she plans to move back to Canada, this time however in Vancouver. I'd rather stay with my dad, however, it will take about 3-4 years for our permenant residancy to get going.

My life has been a total sh*t hole right now, and I don't know what to do. No, I'm not going to kill myself or turn emo over this, but right now I'm under a lot of pressure and I could use some advice.
dude just dont kill yourself

FallenxAngel
ermmSee a counsellor or someone you can talk to. Or go for a run, figure things out etc. Sorry about your grandfather. And your parents divorce. Been down that road before... Sort of. It sucks. And I live in Vancouver, its actually pretty cool. petpet

Röland
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Do things to get your mind off what's going on in your life. That always helps me.

Rogue Jedi

My life has been a total sh*t hole right now, and I don't know what to do. No, I'm not going to kill myself or turn emo over this, but right now I'm under a lot of pressure and I could use some advice. I went through the same shit. My mom left when I was 10, and even though it was hard, we pulled through, me, my dad and sis. do you have any brothers or sisters?

=Tired Hiker=
I feel for you man. My Grandma just passed away 2 days ago. She was the best Grandma I could have ever had, so I know how that feels. This will all pass. Just take care of yourself, you'll get through it.

Rodgort
I have been spending most of my time out with my friends just to get it off my mind and forget about it, and it has been working. A few of them went down the same road and constantly give me advice to get through it.

And yes, I'm thinking of seeing a counselor. Until my life starts tumbling back into place, I'm just going to keep talking with my friends, teachers, whoever.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I went through the same shit. My mom left when I was 10, and even though it was hard, we pulled through, me, my dad and sis. do you have any brothers or sisters? I do have a sister, and we seem to talk about it everyday. Also, sorry to hear about you're mom leaving.

The_Mayor
I don't know my real dad, like I know who he is but I've never met him. He left when I was 6 months old.. I feel for ya.

Rogue Jedi
I have been spending most of my time out with my friends just to get it off my mind and forget about it, and it has been working. A few of them went down the same road and constantly give me advice to get through it.

And yes, I'm thinking of seeing a counselor. Until my life starts tumbling back into place, I'm just going to keep talking with my friends, teachers, whoever.

I do have a sister, and we seem to talk about it everyday. you and your sis will grow closer through this, mark my word.

guy222
Best to u, my friend

Hang in there

Rodgort
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
you and your sis will grow closer through this, mark my word. I know we will. We're pretty close as it is, but I know we can pull through it.

The_Mayor
Just when you have kids remember what you went through and try not to make them go through it. Its the best.

dadudemon
Originally posted by The_Mayor
Just when you have kids remember what you went through and try not to make them go through it. Its the best.

QFT.

Also, don't cut...it just leaves scars of embarassment. If you must do something like that, try electrocution because it doesn't leave scars and it hurts A LOT more...and no permanent damage. I am actually serious about this.

The_Mayor
Haha, weird but completely true.

Röland
Originally posted by dadudemon
QFT.

Also, don't cut...it just leaves scars of embarassment. If you must do something like that, try electrocution because it doesn't leave scars and it hurts A LOT more...and no permanent damage. I am actually serious about this.
No offense to you Dadude, but who says that?

"If you must hurt yourself, don't cut b/c of scars, instead electrocute yourself."

---

Anyway, Rod, things will look up. Time heals all things.

The_Mayor
Don't look back and keep going from here.. It can only go up from here.

Scythe
Hang in there, borrow our strengths to make it through.

Rogue Jedi
I know we will. We're pretty close as it is, but I know we can pull through it. I lost my gramps a few years ago, and it wasnt until after he was gone that I realized what I had lost. All you can do is stick close to your family and soldier through.

Dgw2007
i feel for you to m Dad died when i was 2 month

JacopeX

My life has been a total sh*t hole right now, and I don't know what to do. No, I'm not going to kill myself or turn emo over this, but right now I'm under a lot of pressure and I could use some advice. I feel bad about your Grandfather and how much you said about him being into the same things as you. May he rest in peace.

I understand how you feel. I really do, trust me. Usually when a couple divorce, child support is in process and that would cause bigger problems if one does not pay. It will be pretty hard for one parent to maintain you and luckily, you are at the age where you can make decisions, instead of being a naive 6 year old who cannot decide. I hope every thing goes good with you and hopefully this divorce does not affect you emotionally or mentally. It has affected me greatly and due to my parents divorce, this happened.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=469052&pagenumber=4#post9797534

Amp
I like to use black mail.

Stay together or you both lose me. uhuh

Syren
Originally posted by Scythe
Hang in there, borrow our strengths to make it through.

Perfect, couldn't have put it better myself. This is what we're all really here for, right? To share ourselves with others.

Rodgort, I've been through parents getting divorced and I was about 8 when it happened so if you need to talk, feel free to PM me smile

Rodgort
I would like to thank everyone for their support and advice. I'll be taking it all to heart, and find a way to get through all this.

Sol Valentine

That''s a sad thing to hear, may your grandfather rest in peace. And I hope the situation with your parents goes well.

SelphieT
My parents got a divorce when I was 12 years old, and it was so hard for me, I know how it feels, and just recently my favorite aunt passed away from cancer, and I just found out my grandmother has breast cancer.

If you ever need anyone to talk to, please, feel free to PM me. I understand how you feel.

TRH
I send my condolences about your grandfather.
And I am very sorry about your parents divorce, my parents are also divorced.

You can get through this.

Wålshy
sorry to hear about your troubles Rod

hope things get better

dadudemon

Röland
Originally posted by dadudemon
I have several friends who went through a cutting stage and they were in similar circumstances as this dude. Sometimes, things like cutting can't be avoided. I thought long and hard about the reasons why people cut and I tried to think of an excellent alternative.

1. I told him NOT to cut.

2. I treated hurting yourself as a bad thing to do.

3. I came up with a more painful alternative that does not do any permanent damage so he can avoid embarrassing questions in the future.

4. Electrocution could very well be the much more painful alternative that may help a person get past the "hurt myself" stage a lot faster.

5. I am disturbed.

But think about it...someone else may read this thread and try the alternative and spare themselves from embarrassing scars. I could have also deterred this young man from cutting...which is a good thing, imo.

However, I don't expect a normal person to understand because I am not a normal person.

To answer the question in your post...I say those things...I am not an "in the box" thinker.
lol Fair enough.

Was just wondering. mmm

Scythe
Originally posted by Syren
Perfect, couldn't have put it better myself. This is what we're all really here for, right? To share ourselves with others.

Well yeah. When we're born, I believe that we're all born with a certain amount of strength within us. Some have more than others, some have less. In someone's time of need, we can lend them our strength, as long as they give it back.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.