College Football

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The_Mayor
Well since we had a 2007 College Football, why not make one that goes on year after year. Hopefully you agree. No offense Forumcrew. So just continue to talk about NCAA Football and everything concerning it.

guy222
UCLA got Norm Chow

Corndog
A Kentucky judge has confirmed what Duke fans have known for years: their football team is as bad as it gets.

Bad enough that Louisville should have to find another football team to replace the Blue Devils without penalty after Duke pulled out of the final three games of a four-game contract last season.

In a lawsuit filed late last year, Louisville asked for $450,000 in damages and any additional damages the court saw fit.

Wow and I'm a Duke fan.. For basketball... They might end Duke's football team??

Lord Evolution
USC vs Georgia

I really want Florida though.

Corndog
In the BCS Championship??

BruceSkywalker
A couple months away. Look forward to a new and exciting season.

Corndog
Yeah this season is goin to be pretty good..

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by Corndog
In the BCS Championship??

Yup. Get ya pop...err

Just get ready.

Corndog
haha nice.. USC all the way this year baby..

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Corndog
haha nice.. USC all the way this year baby..

Don't know at this point what USC is capable of, but I don't think that they will win 11 games

Corndog
I'm just a big fan.. So I hope they go all they way.. Gotta believe..

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Don't know at this point what USC is capable of, but I don't think that they will win 11 games

But with the season approaching I look forward to it. Does anyone know who Pete Carroll will chose as his starter

guy222
Sanchez prolly

Keeping fingers crossed, Bruins can make an impact in the next few years

Corndog
But with the season approaching I look forward to it. Does anyone know who Pete Carroll will chose as his starter

I heard Sanchez.

Lord Evolution
Sanchez is the starter. Happy Dance

Joe McKnight and CJ Gable as the two running backs at the top of the depth chart. Happy Dance

Hazelton, Rojo, Ausberry, Williams at the receivers. Happy Dance

I'm not worried about our offense like last year. It's our defense I'm worried about, specifically the run D now that Big Sed is gone.

Corndog
Offense I see as a + but Defense, yes, is our problem..

guy222
Mark Sanchez has a possible knee injury

Biff Tannen
Today's the big day. First day of the season is finally here! I don't expect my team (Michigan) to be any good this year, but I'm still excited about the new coach, new system, etc. We might not be very good this year, or next year, but give RichRod some time to put the pieces of the puzzle together and we'll be back.

botankus
I'm going to miss 2 big games this week. I know tonight's not actually a big game, but since NCSU/USC is the first game on national TV, it's big to me. Hell, even if it were Louisiana-Monroe vs. Troy it'd be big to me. I'm going to miss it b/c I'll be watching that all-important Steelers vs. Panthers preseason game (don't miss a snap all year). Also, i'm going to miss the Clemson/Alabama game on Saturday because my parents-in-laws bought me and my wife tickets to a freakin' pro soccer match! If I don't go to that, I'll feel guilty about missing Thanksgiving. Oh well, I'll suck it up and move on.

Smasandian
Good thing about my in-laws is that the understand to not mess with me and football around this time of the year. They just know.

botankus
Originally posted by Smasandian
Good thing about my in-laws is that the understand to not mess with me and football around this time of the year. They just know.
That's good. Mine are pretty mindful, and my immediate family definitely is. Ever since I was twelve and pitched a uproarious fit because they turned the Lions game off on Thanksgiving when dinner was served at 1:30 PM. Now dinner is served at 3:40 PM on Thanksgiving Day every year.

With the way the Lions have been playing on Thanksgiving the past few years, we might be able to eat around 2:00.

BruceSkywalker
Look forward to watching college football this season.

Smasandian
Originally posted by botankus
That's good. Mine are pretty mindful, and my immediate family definitely is. Ever since I was twelve and pitched a uproarious fit because they turned the Lions game off on Thanksgiving when dinner was served at 1:30 PM. Now dinner is served at 3:40 PM on Thanksgiving Day every year.

With the way the Lions have been playing on Thanksgiving the past few years, we might be able to eat around 2:00.

As I say, the football season its only 5 months and is on Sundays. If I was a hockey nut like everbody else, your looking at 3 days a week.....

Eating at 1:30....yesh, I guess we do Thanksgiving differently.

BruceSkywalker
The games on saturday should be quite entertaining and well worth watching

Lord Evolution
Sanchez is the man. So cool and calm in the pocket, and he has a rocket for an arm. I can't wait for the tOSU game. We have the best defense again, and our offense has finally caught up, now that Booty is gone.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Lord Evolution
Sanchez is the man. So cool and calm in the pocket, and he has a rocket for an arm. I can't wait for the tOSU game. We have the best defense again, and our offense has finally caught up, now that Booty is gone.

I wasn't surprised at all. USC is poised once again to make a run. The OSU game may be a good one

Biff Tannen
Well, once again my season is over before it begins. Last year with App St. and now Utah. At least this year I expected it. We weren't really going to be any good this year.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Biff Tannen
Well, once again my season is over before it begins. Last year with App St. and now Utah. At least this year I expected it. We weren't really going to be any good this year.

They didnt feed McGuffie enough!

BruceSkywalker
Last nights games were great and very entertaining. Can't wait until next week

RocasAtoll
Originally posted by forumcrew
They didnt feed McGuffie enough!
Haha that's sig worthy.

guy222
USC looked impressive

Hopefully, UCLA Bruins will win

forumcrew
Originally posted by guy222
USC looked impressive

Hopefully, UCLA Bruins will win

so far the sec is kicking ass

Lord Evolution
Lets see how the mighty SEC does against the PAC-10 tonight. UCLA vs Tennessee(18)

Last season Cal embarrassed them.

forumcrew
Lets see how the mighty SEC does against the PAC-10 tonight. UCLA vs Tennessee(18)

Sucks to be Kevin Craft tonight. very lucky to only be down 7 at half though.

forumcrew
yikes what a blown call on the screen!

BruceSkywalker

The almighty SEC isn't what is cracked up to be. GO BRUINS GO BRUINS. Best SEC team is Florida. Tennessee isn't all that. They struggled and they were supposed to destroy the Bruins. That did not happen

Lord Evolution
Tennessee won the SEC East last season, same season one of the Pac-10's worst teams hung 41 on them.

Now UCLA, who knows where they will finish, but this just shows that the SEC isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

The media will down play this by saying Tennessee isn't a good team, even though they were ranked 18 and won their division last season. Props to UCLA, representing the Pac-10 well.

forumcrew
The almighty SEC isn't what is cracked up to be. GO BRUINS GO BRUINS. Best SEC team is Florida. Tennessee isn't all that. They struggled and they were supposed to destroy the Bruins. That did not happen

ill give the kid credit he played much better in the second half. However tenn played the better game unfortunately their (usually good) kicker had an off night and they got shafted on a couple calls. Fun 2nd half to watch though.

forumcrew
Tennessee won the SEC East last season, same season one of the Pac-10's worst teams hung 41 on them.

Now UCLA, who knows where they will finish, but this just shows that the SEC isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

The media will down play this by saying Tennessee isn't a good team, even though they were ranked 18 and won their division last season. Props to UCLA, representing the Pac-10 well.

not sure id call that representing them well it was a pretty embarassing win.

Smasandian
Man, I hate the pooch kick.

I dont understand why teams use it. It makes sense if they have a Devin Hester back there running kicks but throughout the whole game there wasn't alot of crazy amount of kick returns.

Kicking it back takes more time off and usually amounts to around the 25-30 yard line instead it was around 40-45 yard line and three plays later they're in field goal range. Doesnt make sense too me.

Lord Evolution
not sure id call that representing them well it was a pretty embarassing win.

The Bruins were on their 3rd string QB and still pulled out a win against one of the best teams in the mighty SEC. It may have been ugly, but a win is a win. +1 for the Pac-10.

Next up

ASU vs #1 Georgia

Pac-10 showing just how overrated the SEC is.

botankus
The Bruins were on their 3rd string QB and still pulled out a win against one of the best teams in the mighty SEC. It may have been ugly, but a win is a win. +1 for the Pac-10.

Next up

ASU vs #1 Georgia

Pac-10 showing just how overrated the SEC is.

Um, that's like saying when the Arizona Cardinals beat the Cleveland Browns last year, that the AFC was overrated. Tennessee is and has consistently been no better than the #5 or #6 team in the conference. It's amazing they even went to the championship game last year b/c they were blown off the field in their 2 conference losses and had an unconscious 2nd quarter against Georgia.

Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, LSU.

All of the aforementioned teams would kick Tennessee's ass. I might even go so far as to put USC (South Carolina) on the same level.

Maybe this could finally be the year the Pac-10 darling doesn't go down in flames to an 0-800 team in November.

And I've got no SEC bias. My alma mater (Georgia Tech) plays in the ACC...if you can call consistently getting blown out in bowl games "playing."

Lord Evolution
Horrible comparison. Tennessee was beaten by Cal in the same season they won the SEC East, which was the same season they embarrassed Georgia, the same team many people felt was the best team at the end of last season. When I said the Pac-10 is showing how overrated the SEC is, I didn't just mean this past game. I mean how USC beat Arkansas by 36 in the same season they won the SEC West, which came a season after we beat them by 53. Many down played the 06 win, just as you are doing right now. The Pac-10 has constantly beaten the SEC's best teams, yet we get no respect. Tennessee still has a chance to win their division, many didn't think they could do it last season after their opening lost to Cal, but I think they have the defense to do it. That offense is a joke though, or maybe the Bruins defense is just that good.

I'm sure if ASU beats Georgia, they will suddenly be the 5th best team in the SEC, and it'll be "that win doesn't mean anything".

What I find hilarious is that every time there is a Pac-10 game with single digit scoring, it's that horrible Pac-10 offense. But when it's the SEC, it's a 'huge' defensive battle, clash of the titans, the mighty SEC defenses at work!

The fact remains that the SEC is overrated. I will admit that they are the best conference from top to bottom. But the media and come fans make it sound like the next best isn't even close. The Pac-10 isn't that far behind. USC is certainly better than anything they have, but teams like Stanford weigh this conference down.

botankus
Fair enough. Don't forget that Tennessee beat Cal convincingly in Knoxville in '06 and lost in California in '07. I haven't checked the schedule but I'd be willing to guess that Tennessee gets UCLA at home in '09. The Volunteers lost in the toxic waste dump of Los Angeles, so let's just see how they fare in Knoxville before we go overboard with the A beat B, B beat A, therefore....etc. comparisons.

And two things about ASU vs. UGA. It's a critical game for people who love this Pac-10 vs. SEC argument. 1) If ASU wins then the Pac-10 will start getting significantly more airtime other than some announcer's comment about Oregon's uniforms. 2) UGA will not be the #5 best team in the SEC. They will still be top 1 or 2 which will be a huge letdown for the conference, especially since Auburn (sort of down last year) and Alabama are back.

botankus
but teams like Stanford weigh this conference down.

When teams like Stanford are responsible for keeping the Conference Darlings out of the national championship game, I would say they're weighing the conference down, too.

BruceSkywalker
After one week of college football USC is now the new number 1 team

forumcrew
Gotta love the Navy offense

last week Bryant (the qb) was 2/4 for 44 yards and a TD
the team had 58 carries for 558 yards and 4 td's including the qb as the 2nd leading rusher. now thats an awesome offense.

forumcrew
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
Haha that's sig worthy.

Did you see that fake by McGuffie! Hes a monster without the ball too!

Biff Tannen
McGuffie goes down so easily on the first tackle though... he's got all the speed, now he just needs to break a tackle.

Lord Evolution
ECU beating #8 WVU 24-3 in the 3rd quarter.

After their upset of...damn I already forgot. I just know it was a ranked team.

They should be in the top 10.

forumcrew
ECU beating #8 WVU 24-3 in the 3rd quarter.

After their upset of...damn I already forgot. I just know it was a ranked team.

They should be in the top 10.

it was va tech who was a bit over rated. this is why i hate pre season ranks. should wait until after the season starts minimum and even then I think wait until after 2 or 3 weeks.

forumcrew
usc osu matchup lost a lot of hype today. hopefully beanie wells is back to give it back some luster.

BruceSkywalker
Decent games today. Most were expected routes. Florida got bye as did Ohio State, but both mightily struggled. OS's qb could've made something of himself going into the USC game and all he did was prove that Ohio State needs a ground game to get going. Against USC though Ohio State may have ran into a buzz saw.

forumcrew
Decent games today. Most were expected routes. Florida got bye as did Ohio State, but both mightily struggled. OS's qb could've made something of himself going into the USC game and all he did was prove that Ohio State needs a ground game to get going. Against USC though Ohio State may have ran into a buzz saw.

The 4th quarter florida got their shit together and put the game away. Tebow really showed off his ability to throw.

Lord Evolution
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvwYUg5i_5Y&fmt=18

USC vs OSU baby!

botankus
I was looking at the weekend's schedule of games, and I don't know, the OSU/USC game just doesn't garner any interest for me. Maybe if it were another team besides OSU. I think I'll be watching the Oklahoma/Washington game that night.

Lord Evolution
Sucks for you.

guy222
USC should win. I knew Wells was gonna play

Go Bruins

botankus
Sucks for you.
Don't feel too bad for me. I can still watch Overrated Palmer, Career Back-up Cassell, and Clipboard-Jockey Leinert on Sunday.

BruceSkywalker
USC should win. I knew Wells was gonna play

Go Bruins

Wells may or may not even matter

Lord Evolution
What makes our defense so good is that we are good against the run every year. Taylor Mays, our 6'4 235 pound 4.29 safety(next Sean Taylor) plays so far back that teams rarely attempts to go deep against us, but when they do, they are unsuccessful. We give up the short passing because we are a bend but don't break defense. That is how we operate. Personally, I would rather have Mays play closer to the line, because man can he hit. So I don't see Beanie even recording 100 rushing yards.

Only way I can see Ohio State beating us if if they utilize Terrelle Pryor. That dude scares the hell out me.

BruceSkywalker
OK, USC v. Ohio State, who is going to win, predict a final score??

forumcrew
well now Wells is "doubtful" and after last week I would say they have a 5% chance without him. I say 5 because I think any team has at least a 5% chance in any game just by pure randomness.

BruceSkywalker
What makes our defense so good is that we are good against the run every year. Taylor Mays, our 6'4 235 pound 4.29 safety(next Sean Taylor) plays so far back that teams rarely attempts to go deep against us, but when they do, they are unsuccessful. We give up the short passing because we are a bend but don't break defense. That is how we operate. Personally, I would rather have Mays play closer to the line, because man can he hit. So I don't see Beanie even recording 100 rushing yards.

Only way I can see Ohio State beating us if if they utilize Terrelle Pryor. That dude scares the hell out me.

Pryor isn't all that. If he plays I don't see him that much of a factor although he could be

botankus
Looks like Greg Schiano should have taken one of those high-powered jobs while he had the chance.

forumcrew
Looks like Greg Schiano should have taken one of those high-powered jobs while he had the chance.

That was ugly last night. Side note cant believe Greg Paulus's little brother went to UNC what a traitor.

botankus
No kidding. On a less-famous note, I went to GT and my brother went to UGA.

It was so ugly last night, on the Pick-6 midway through the 3rd quarter, as soon as the ball was tipped, I caught myself thinking, I'll bet this is intercepted and returned for a touchdown. Shortly thereafter, it became reality and about 20,000 red shirts were seen storming out of the exits so fast, you would have thought it had just been announced that Hurricane Ike had been redirected toward N.J.

BruceSkywalker
My early fave for the heisman is Chase Daniel

Lord Evolution
Game time baby!

forumcrew

10 possessions 10 scores is a pretty nice way to start a game and then coming out in the 3rd quarter your kicking so much ass.

forumcrew
So how about BYU beating the life out of UCLA.

Röland
That surprised me a lot considering UCLA beat Tennessee.

I'll be honest, I don't really know how strong Tennessee is this year, but they are usually a top 25 team.

forumcrew
Well A beat B and B beat C so A is automatically better then C doesnt always hold true.

Also whats with McKnights hobo beard?

-V-

Sam Bradford, I reckon.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by -V-
Sam Bradford, I reckon.

He's good too. I'm sure things will change as the season goes on. Pure Ohio State, they got destroyed

Röland
Also whats with McKnights hobo beard?
laughing

No idea, I laughed when I saw it though. It looks bad.

Lord Evolution

botankus
It took me all weekend, but I finally figured out why I had no interest in the USC/OSU Hype Bowl.

The best comparison I can offer is imagine the year after the Bills had just lost their 4th Super Bowl. Now imagine it's the regular season and they're playing someone like the Cowboys or 49ers. That's what it was like to me.

forumcrew
Yea I enjoyed watching Michigan lose to ND much more. Weis got Brady'd!.

Oh and can everyone take note. Duke is 2-1. Now I really dont actually follow duke football at all or really care but still 2-1? I know 2 coaches who should be getting fired.

Lord Evolution
5 SEC teams in the top 10, here are their out of conference schedules.

Georgia

Gerogia Southern
Central Michigan
Arizona State(*claps* finally)
Georgia Tech

Florida

Hawaii
Miami
Citadel

LSU

App. State
North Texas
Troy
Tulane

Auburn

Louisiana-Monroe
Southern Miss
Tennessee-Martin(what the hell??)
West Virginia

Alabama

Clemson
Tulane
Western Kentucky
Arkansas State

Simply pathetic. This is exactly what makes the SEC tick.

botankus
Simply pathetic. This is exactly what makes the SEC tick.

You sound like a high school soccer star that will do anything to convince the student body that his sport is better than the football team. Only the football team and cheerleaders still don't know he exists.

Oh and can everyone take note. Duke is 2-1. Now I really dont actually follow duke football at all or really care but still 2-1? I know 2 coaches who should be getting fired.

I watched one of their games and they actually resemble a real football team. (Note: By real football team, I mean one that can actually run more than 2 plays without turning it over.)

Lord Evolution
You sound like a high school soccer star that will do anything to convince the student body that his sport is better than the football team. Only the football team and cheerleaders still don't know he exists.

confused

Was this in a movie?

BruceSkywalker
Games this saturday should be good again hopefully

forumcrew

And even worse Maryland beat Cal

botankus
And even worse Maryland beat Cal

Or AZ State falling to Las Vegas
Or Washington getting slaughtered by Oklahoma
Or Washington State getting manhandled by BAYLOR(!)
Or Arizona getting pummeled by the mighty Lobos of New Mexico
Or Stanford getting throttled by Texas Christian

My God, does this list ever end??

Lord Evolution
Those are the worst teams in the PAC-10, with the exception of Arizona State. Did you not look at the Pac-10 standings last season? Best teams are USC, Oregon and ASU. I listed the 5 best teams in the SEC, which apparently equates to 5 of the best teams in the nation. And they are playing teams like Citadel, Tennessee-Martin, Tulane and Troy.

We'll see what happens with ASU and Georgia this weekend. It'll either tell you a lot about the SEC or a lot about the PAC-10. But it's nice to see a SEC team other than Tennessee, not only travel, but play a team in its own division.

Props to Georgia, though they may soon regret it.

botankus
Let me amend my earlier post. While I think it's pretty clear that the two best conferences in the country are SEC and Big 12 (by a mile), I don't think any team in the country is better than USC...but one team does not make a conference.

forumcrew
Let me amend my earlier post. While I think it's pretty clear that the two best conferences in the country are SEC and Big 12 (by a mile), I don't think any team in the country is better than USC...but one team does not make a conference.

Exactly USC is definitely the best but the conference is not.

ECU just threw away their BCS Bowl game.

forumcrew
lol jump pass strikes again!

BruceSkywalker
College football time, thank goodness

Lord Evolution
Well there goes the Pac-10 vs SEC arguments. This conference is officially a joke. We better stomp every team in the conference, especially Stanford, for some reason, I want to beat them more than anyone this season and it has something to do with Booty.

botankus
Glad we can put that to rest. I was telling my brother (who went to UGA) that the game vs. ASU was crucial to the "integrity" of the SEC and he was like "Really? Are you sure? So how do you think we'll do against Bama?"

DanZeke25
USC lost to Oregon State! laughing laughing laughing

Biff Tannen
lol I love it!

botankus
Wow, figured there would be more posts than this. Stayed up and watched the entire game. So looking at the product of the University of Southern California for 2008, it seems like their strategy was to field a bunch of athletic-looking guys who take bad angles, get blown off the line of scrimmage, and when pressured, throw softball pitches that don't cross the line of scrimmage.

And speaking of blown off the LOS, at one point in the 2nd quarter all I could think of was that Matt Hasselbeck commercial where a bunch of 5-year-olds are blocking for him against the Arizona Cardinals. That was how the Beavers' offensive line was pushing that whole defensive group of future #1 draft picks.

But what about "Quizz" Rodgers. Wow. I know a lot of people say this, but I hadn't seen a performance like that by a RB in at least 5 years. And I watch a lot of college football. Granted the OL did a hell of a job, but I've never seen someone shift gears and change direction with such ease through a top-rated defense. And it was up the middle. AND...he's a freshman!

One more thing. We all know Don Imus is a nutjob, but he did say true words of wisdom once. He said that "Sports Talk is Worthless" because the games are played on the field and all discussion comes either before (when the outcome is unknown) or after (when the event is in the past). Well, I think he was on to something, because I wasted probably 3 hours last week hearing sport-talk goons debate over how a team like LSU or Oklahome or Missouri could get into the BCS title game because, as we all know, USC was going to cruise into that game undefeated...

chithappens
USC does this at least three times a year. USC beat Ohio State down but that doesn't mean anything because everytime Ohio State sees a SEC team they are beatdown. USC is just arrogant though.

And the last person I want to give credit for that duh point is Imus. It's like saying they call them polar bears because they live the in the arctic.

botankus
Originally posted by chithappens
And the last person I want to give credit for that duh point is Imus. It's like saying they call them polar bears because they live the in the arctic.

Okay, but is it really a "duh" point? I don't see much difference between sports talk radio and posting predictions and analysis on a message board, and we're all doing it. There wasn't a single thing I said in my last post that people couldn't have figured out from watching the game.

But then again, America revolves around being entertained, and that's all it is - entertainment.

Quiero Mota
Congrats to OR State. What an upset!

Anyone else see ASU get spanked by Georgia? And I'm looking forward to UF vs Ole Miss.

Röland
Florida went down to Ole Miss.

BruceSkywalker

Lord Evolution
Go Bama and TCU!

Biff Tannen
Nice to see the Maize and Blue beating a top 10 team. beer

guy222
A day of upsets again in College Football

botankus
They should go ahead and stop the season right now. Alabama vs. Oklahoma are the only teams worthy.

....or texas. or missouri. or duke. or yomamma Univ., or south florida, or johnston county community college, or whoever else ends up #1 or #2 by season's end after Bama and OU go through the rest of their conference.

k1Lla441
fvckin usc, how the hell they lose to an unranked team???? i dont get it. one day they slaughter 5th ranked team, then they lose against unranked team. man, they were sloppy. also, does anyone know how far they dropped in rank?

botankus
Man, watching Pitt dispose of USF, I haven't been that pumped over a team winning a game since...OSU disposed of USC the week before.

But despite the fact that I went to GT, my first choice was PITT (too expensive), so I still cheer for them. But more importantly, I really feel for Wannstadt. He had a losing record as a coach and like a lot of native residents that coach the hometown university, really has his heart and soul into the program. I'd like nothing more than to see them right the ship before he's gone and some wannabe coach takes his place. Good for them.

And BTW, McCoy is the "real" deal. (pun intended). That extra effort he made to get that first down in the 3rd quarter (I think) was phenomenal and reminded me of OSU's Rodgers the week before.

BruceSkywalker
Another week of college football tomorrow.

WOOT WOOT

BruceSkywalker
Great games so far today

forumcrew
So I give college football credit for having a great OT rule. But they might have one of the dumbest rules ever overall. In the Florida, LSU game LSU was receiving a kick off and the guy catching it wasnt paying attention and put one foot out of bounds while he caught it (even though the entire ball was in bounds) and they ruled it (on th field and after review) as a kick out of bounds and LSU gets it on the 40??? Are you serious? So now on any kick off (according to this rule) all a team has to do is jump on a grab any ball near the side line and land out of bounds and it becomes a penalty on the kicking team.

Lord Evolution
The NFL has that rule as well. ^^ I remember Hester doing it last season.

USC back in the top 4?

Man I'm loving all these upsets. #1 #3 and #4 all go down.

Here is my top 5

1. Alabama
2. Texas
3. Penn State
4. USC
5. Texas Tech

I drop Oklahoma out of the top 5 because they haven't beaten anybody, so they aren't a proven team. Same goes for Texas Tech, but they don't have a lost on their record.

BruceSkywalker
great games once again

Röland
When I saw the score of the USC @ Wash State score I had to laugh.

69 - 0.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

BruceSkywalker

Lord Evolution
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqfOCB21qwA

laughing laughing

Only in the SEC!

forumcrew
The NFL has that rule as well. ^^ I remember Hester doing it last season.

USC back in the top 4?

Man I'm loving all these upsets. #1 #3 and #4 all go down.

Here is my top 5

1. Alabama
2. Texas
3. Penn State
4. USC
5. Texas Tech

I drop Oklahoma out of the top 5 because they haven't beaten anybody, so they aren't a proven team. Same goes for Texas Tech, but they don't have a lost on their record.

Texas made a huge statement beating Missouri so easy.

celestialdemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqfOCB21qwA

laughing laughing

Only in the SEC!

laughing laughing That was awesome! The ref zoned in on the QB, sidestepped to clog up the running lane, lowered his shoulder, and laid into him. Must have had money on LSU.

botankus
In the Pat White era, I probably average viewing about 3 WVU games per year, and nearly every time, I look at this team and think, "I don't think anyone in the country can beat this team." They are routinely the best open-field running team in the country, without a doubt. You give this team space, and they will make you pay.

Their problem is not finishing drives early. Take the ECU and PITT games from the last 2 years, as well as the 1st half of this game. The run spread is, without question, an extremely powerful offensive attack in college football...but the drawback is that it is imperitive that you score early.

So all that being said, the Mountaineers erased a 14-point deficit last night. The defense clamped down, and they RAN (not passed) to a comeback win. Nice to see that for a change.

BruceSkywalker
Look forward to watching the Texas/Okla State game and a few others

Lord Evolution
Go Ohio State!

If they beat Penn State and Oklahoma State beats Texas, USC can and should find themselves ranked #3 in the BCS.

BruceSkywalker
Go Ohio State!

If they beat Penn State and Oklahoma State beats Texas, USC can and should find themselves ranked #3 in the BCS.

Penn State/Ohio State should be a good one

BruceSkywalker
These games have gone the way I thought

DanZeke25
Penn State ALL THE WAY. w00t

BruceSkywalker
Texas soon to be Nat'l Champs unless something unforeseeable happens..

Can't wait to watch Colt McCoy and Sam Bradford play on sundays

BruceSkywalker
Tomorrow night, can't wait to watch Texas/Texas Tech

forumcrew
Captain Compete saves USC practice

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2008/10/will-ferrell-sa.html

forumcrew
Holy shit **** crabtree is awesome

Röland
Holy shit **** crabtree is awesome
Possibly the best college football game I've ever seen.

guy222
Fantastic finish in the TT/Texas game. Crabtree is incredible

DanZeke25
It's rare when I watch College Football games(besides Penn State and Bowl games) but I watched this one and it was great.

BruceSkywalker

botankus
Tremendous game, that TT/UT game. Having that on in the same room made it all worth staying home on a Saturday night to put a vacation scrapbook together.

I heard some commentators at around 7PM on Saturday saying, "who the hell is voting in these polls?" Then they gave several examples, like "Who in their right mind would consider West Virginia an underdog to #25 Uconn?" or "Who here didn't think that Georgia Tech would probably beat #15 FSU?" Valid.

DanZeke25
Penn State should be #2. face-plain

guy222
Texas Tech vs Okla State be a classic

Two of the games premier wide receivers

forumcrew
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Penn State should be #2. face-plain

I think thats a valid point but it doesnt matter. Even if they put PSU at 2 and TT at 3 this week it would make no difference. Because if TT wins their next games, even if they were 3 and PSU 2 this week they would move ahead of them anyway. (after the next 2 wins) And if they lose one of these games then they will fall back below them. So in 2 more weeks it will be worked out one way or the other.

BruceSkywalker
Texas Tech vs Okla State be a classic

Two of the games premier wide receivers

Both of those receivers will be playing on sundays..

Very good they are

Lord Evolution
Penn State should be #2. But has anybody taken a look at these teams OOC schedules? It's like the media simply does not care who these teams play out of conference. Tech should not be #2 just because they beat Texas. How about rewarding them AFTER they beat Oklahoma State and Oklahoma? No way should they have jumped that far with just one quality win, and a bunch of other wins against teams like Southern Methodist and Eastern Washington.

The Big 12 has caught on, probably from watching the SEC do it for all these years. Schedule D-1AA teams, fill the schedule with cupcakes, go into conference play undefeated and ranked, "beat each other up" and "survive" the 'brutal' schedule, win the conference, get the automatic bid into the title game, once an unmotivated undefeated USC team stumbles against a middle of the road, or worst, Pac-10 team. Then beat the shit out of the Big Ten Champion in BCS title game.

We're headed towards a Florida/Penn State National Championship. I can feel it. I don't see Tech beating Oklahoma. Florida will jump whichever one loss team wins the Big10, once they beat the worst #1 team in ages, Alabama.

On a side note; The only way USC makes it to the title game is if Missouri wins the Big 12 and Penn State loses. The former happens if Missouri plays Tech in the Big12 Championship game, the latter does not happen.

I hope it does though, that means we probably play Florida in the title game. That is my dream match-up.

BCS championship game doesn't really matter to me, I know it's a longshot. But I REALLY want to see USC play Florida. Florida has that great offense, USC has the best defense I have ever seen. Would be a good game to watch.

If you're a USC fan.

BruceSkywalker
Watching Alabama/LSU right now

forumcrew
Watching Alabama/LSU right now

Few.. I was going crazy not knowing what you were doing.

guy222
Game has been ok so far

Waiting for TT/OKLA ST

forumcrew
And theres the Penn State collapse to open the door for everyone else.

DanZeke25
mad
I don't know much about College Football, but I'm assuming Penn State has no shot at all now to play for the Championship?

Lord Evolution
YES!

I think now if Missouri wins the Big12, we go to the title game.

Assuming we win out, which we should do. This is exciting.

forumcrew
Originally posted by DanZeke25
mad
I don't know much about College Football, but I'm assuming Penn State has no shot at all now to play for the Championship?

Yep PSU is out of the title game assuming there isnt some mass scale collapse by about 9 other teams. Florida, Texas, USC, Oklahoma, OK St all just got new life.

DanZeke25
Yep PSU is out of the title game assuming there isnt some mass scale collapse by about 9 other teams. Florida, Texas, USC, Oklahoma, OK St all just got new life.

Yeah that's what I thought. That's the reason why I don't follow College Football as much as the other sports, because unless your team is the absolute best, they don't have a good shot at winning a Championship.

Obama has the right idea, 8 team playoff. wink

forumcrew

You can take OK St off that list.

BruceSkywalker
Waiting for the BCS to come out

DigiMark007
Just got back from the Backyard Brawl (Pitt vs. WVU), one of the more underrated rivalry games in the country. Pitt won, as it should be, so I'm pumped. Nothing makes my day like salty mountaineers.

smile

botankus
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Just got back from the Backyard Brawl (Pitt vs. WVU), one of the more underrated rivalry games in the country. Pitt won, as it should be, so I'm pumped. Nothing makes my day like salty mountaineers.

smile

Awesome, Digi. I was really into that game but had to take my stepmother to the airport with about 8 minutes left in the game...then nearly swerved off the road when I heard on the radio that they came back and won!

BruceSkywalker
Can't wait until saturday to watch Bama/Florida and Olka/Missouri

DigiMark007
Awesome, Digi. I was really into that game but had to take my stepmother to the airport with about 8 minutes left in the game...then nearly swerved off the road when I heard on the radio that they came back and won!

Not killing yourself ftw!

thumb up

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>