Canon crossovers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Amp
What are some of the canon crossovers in comics, from any Universe?

D.C vs Marvel is canon for D.C.

JLA/Avengers is canon for both.

Tron
JLA/Avengers has been shown as somewhat canon for DC, but no kind of mention or showing has been made for Marvel.

Galan007
Superman vs. Surfer is canon for both companies.

Mak02
Originally posted by Tron
JLA/Avengers has been shown as somewhat canon for DC, but no kind of mention or showing has been made for Marvel. Actually in the handbooks its been proven to be canon for them.

Mr Master
Cross-overs seem to only have validity withIN cross-overs.

Until I see a cross-over referenced in an actual Marvel comic (not cross-over)
I'll continue to see it that way.

So the way I see it,
Cross-overse are canon, but withIN said cross-overs only.
Meaning they have absolutly NO affect on actual stories intergrated into mainstream titles.

tjcoady
Darkness/Batman and Darkness/Superman was canon for the Darkness.

Planetary/Batman was canon for Planetary. JLA/Planetary was not.

The Goon/Hellblazer is canon for both.

can't think of any others off the top of my head.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Mr Master

So the way I see it,
Meaning they have absolutly NO affect on actual stories intergrated into mainstream titles.
That's what we call being non-canon. EVERYTHING is canon within itself.

Fanboy
Originally posted by Mr Master

So the way I see it,

Well it was mentioned when CSA tried to find something that was messing with the universe and talked about Krona had been defeated by JLA and some help.

Galan007
imo,
If a particular event is mentioned outside the crossover in which it occurred, be it in official bios/regular comics -- it's canon... ...

Now, if a crossover is released and nothing is ever mentioned about it in another source -- then it can generally be regarded as non-canon.

Again,
just MO. smile

nimbus006
Originally posted by Galan007
imo,
If a particular event is mentioned outside the crossover in which it occurred, be it in official bios/regular comics -- it's canon... ...

Now, if a crossover is released and nothing is ever mentioned about it in another source -- then it can generally be regarded as non-canon.

Again,
just MO. smile

Makes sense.

Newjak
Well I generally don't except any comic as canon because a lot of spotty writing takes place.

But if something is considered to be canon I would say the companies themselves would have to directly state them to be canon. Cause any writer could mention it if they wanted, and Handbooks are notorious for being terribly edited, and nearly always wrong in many aspects with characters.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Galan007
imo,

Again,
just MO. smile

Sounds plausible. mhmm

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Newjak
and Handbooks are notorious for being terribly edited, and nearly always wrong in many aspects with characters.

Yeah but not the history of the character but the stats.

Laminator_X
There have been several allusions to JLA/Avengers in marvel guides and websites, usually referencing a "different continuum" or similar. I seem to recall something referencing GL/Silver Surfer elsewhere, but I cant recall where.

Mr Master
Originally posted by King Kandy
That's what we call being non-canon. EVERYTHING is canon within itself.
Again, the only way I'll (Mr Master) accept a cross-over as canon,
concerning Marvel,
is if it is referenced On Panel in a sole Marvel comic.

Other than that, nothing matters, imo.

The Two references concerning JLA/Avengers in Two single bios are vague,
there's no mention of character names, and a single sentence is used to explain.
Yea I know the "copyright infringement" cop-out but,
if it's canon, and both companies accept it as such,
why the fear of "infringement?"

Makes no sense imo.

If one read those two sentences in those two bios,
and had never read the cross-over,
one would have NO idea who the heck they're talking about.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.